Zezinando & Moreira fail to Impress Csaba!

CBjambo

I accept the fact that the probablity is that we cant afford a striker "guaranteed" to do the job required and I agree about the need for a creative midfielder, which I also mentioned in my first post)

Whilst Witteveen is an un known quantity, the boy himself and Csaba have both indicated that he's not ready to be the answer.

That leaves us with what we had last season, which in anyones book surely has to be marked down as woefully inadequate, so unless one or more of them suddenly metamorphosise into a 10 or more goals a season man, we still NEED a STRIKER. In my OTT opinion of course.

i know you mentioned a creative midfielder i was just stating i felt that to be as important as a striker

with witteveen i know what they both said but sometimes players are thrown in when not quite ready and it turns out to be the making of them

maybe their lack of goals was also down to the lack of chances created,support from midfield,playing up top on their own with no support,having to come deep,??

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a Game
i know you mentioned a creative midfielder i was just stating i felt that to be as important as a striker

with witteveen i know what they both said but sometimes players are thrown in when not quite ready and it turns out to be the making of them

maybe their lack of goals was also down to the lack of chances created,support from midfield,playing up top on their own with no support,having to come deep,??

Cant argue with any of that really.

Cant see us getting BOTH a decent striker and a decent midfield creator, although it'd be brilliant if we could.

Never been convinced we've got anyone good enough to play up front on his own and unless we are changing formation to adress that, then I think they key is getting a striker in who can play up top on his own AND score goals off his own back as well as converting chances.

I agree we've got a problem creating chances as well as a problem scoring them. Its a question of which one of those two is the most easy and the most important to fix.

Cant see us getting BOTH a decent striker and a decent midfield creator, although it'd be brilliant if we could.

Never been convinced we've got anyone good enough to play up front on his own and unless we are changing formation to adress that, then I think they key is getting a striker in who can play up top on his own AND score goals off his own back as well as converting chances.

I agree we've got a problem creating chances as well as a problem scoring them. Its a question of which one of those two is the most easy and the most important to fix.

thats just it OAG as we both said earlier we are at the lower end of the market and cant afford someone like that unless we get really lucky and uncover a gem

Charlie-Brown

With a limited budget there is unlikely to be an 'ideal' solution and every signing will be something of a gamble or at least a compromise between proven quality & affordability ..... there is of course the possibility of a Hartley type signing where we unearth a star player for very little outlay but at a time when Hearts & most of the rest of Scootish football is in a period of financial retrenchment I guess it will have to be a case of trying to get the most bang for our buck in terms of what's available or affordable.

I of course can only speak for myself, but if we dont get at least 1 decent striker in, I wont be as excited about the new season as I was previous as I dont know where our goals are going to come from, add to that the fact that Driver is out for a few weeks also and we have big problems IMO.

It was brave of Csaba to decline the trialists as he clearly believes that he can find better himself, I am not so sure.

Only a Game
With a limited budget there is unlikely to be an 'ideal' solution and every signing will be something of a gamble or at least a compromise between proven quality & affordability ..... there is of course the possibility of a Hartley type signing where we unearth a star player for very little outlay but at a time when Hearts & most of the rest of Scootish football is in a period of financial retrenchment I guess it will have to be a case of trying to get the most bang for our buck in terms of what's available or affordable.

As they say "You cant win the lottery unless you buy a ticket" We havent bought the ticket yet.

The budget didnt look so limited a few weeks ago when we were making signings that, Bouzid apart, we could probably have done okay without. In fact I'd send Suso, Black and Kucharksi back before Ive even seen them, in exchange for one decent striker

As they say "You cant win the lottery unless you buy a ticket" We havent bought the ticket yet.

how do you know?

Only a Game
how do you know?

Its my opinion. Just as you dont know that Witteveen IS the ticket. I dont think he is. We're about to find out I guess.

Its my opinion. Just as you dont know that Witteveen IS the ticket. I dont think he is. We're about to find out I guess.

i think we can agree on that we both hope you are wrong

The White Cockade

2 Weeks ago :-

Vladsheep: "We've got two Portugese players on trial, look good, could be the new striker we are looking for etc etc Vlad is coming up with the goods"

Yesterday :-

Vladsheep "Great news, Csaba is giving the Portugese the bum's rush, proves he's in charge and they were rubbish anyway"

All it proves to me is that we are no closer to getting a decent striker and maybe we have made all the signings we are going to make

all thats happened is that Vlad is still pushing in the cheapo signings and Csaba has to waste his time looking at players he doesn't want and has no intention of signing

Where's the good news in that?

Like the sound of this, seems like Vlad is saying have a look at players I can provide and see if they are any good, not much wrong in that if owner and manager are working together and the manager makes the final decision.

TBF this is a myth, we signed Pinalla, Nade and Tullburg in these windows, all with good pedigree, it is just unlucky that none have really paid off.

Unlucky? UNLUCKY!

Jeezo man, you really are being economic with the truth aren't you. :)

Interesting that the poster who Csaba allegedly poured his heart out to has read this thread but chosen not to post...

Francis Albert
Interesting that the poster who Csaba allegedly poured his heart out to has read this thread but chosen not to post...

Who is that? The closest i've got to "horse's mouth" is thatsomeone heard from someeone that someone on the lash had heard Csaba pour his heart out.

Who is that? The closest i've got to "horse's mouth" is thatsomeone heard from someeone that someone on the lash had heard Csaba pour his heart out.

Kickback rules don't allow me to post his name as he hasn't posted on the thread but Charlie Brown mentioned who it was on another thread.

Archived