Zezinando & Moreira fail to Impress Csaba!

CBjambo

Doubt we'll be seeing either of these two in a Hearts shirt if Csaba gets his way!

'HEARTS supporters hoping to assess Portuguese trialists Joao Moreira and Zezinando for themselves during this evening's friendly with Bolton Wanderers are likely to be disappointed. Manager Csaba Laszlo confirmed today that neither player is expected to feature in the club's first home match of pre-season after failing to impress coaching staff.

Laszlo admitted he does not feel Moreira and Zezinando have the required quality to improve his squad, although he stopped short of saying they would be jettisoned completely.'

Full article:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Zezinando-and--Moreira-fail.5520919.jp

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Csaba doesnt rate them then thats fine.

Vlad can throw as many trialists as he likes at him, but as long as Csaba has the final say, whats the problem?

So thats two Lithuanians and two Portugese players knocked back by Csaba this transfer window. In years gone by these guys would have been first team picks, never mind squad players!

I think they call it "progress".....

Fourcandles

Looks like a case of "not so fast Moriati".

Also what about that quote from Shabba.....

"Christian Nade did not have a holiday this summer, he had (hernia] surgery then came back for pre-season. He is not 100 per cent fit now but he is working with the team. This is a different Christian Nade, he is very professional."

:55:

The Mighty Thor

Laszlo admitted he does not feel Moreira and Zezinando have the required quality to improve his squad, although he stopped short of saying they would be jettisoned completely.

Hopefully he doesn't stop short of jettisoning them completely. We don't need filler in the squad, we need a goal-scorer. Urgently.

It's good to finally get some feeback regarding these two. However, not what I was hoping to hear.

Surprise surprise.

care to enlighten us with what is a "surprise" or what isn't?

players on trial... signed contracts in advance in case they were suitable... now seemingly being turned away... STOP THE HAPPY TRAIN.

Looks like Csaba is getting to make the decision on the Portuguese pair and isn't getting them forced upon him as suggested by certain posters!

More good news! Keep it coming!

care to enlighten us with what is a "surprise" or what isn't?

players on trial... signed contracts in advance in case they were suitable... now seemingly being turned away... STOP THE HAPPY TRAIN.

Probably the fact that Vlads eye for a player is generally pish poor.

HEARTS FOREVER

Wouldn't be surprised to see the play from the start.

According to their agents they have signed three years deals medicals done and dusted in Lithuania?

Complete joke!:hammer:

According to their agents they have signed three years deals medicals done and dusted in Lithuania?

The article fully explains this.

The Scottish Football Association confirmed today that international clearance for Joao Moreira and Zezinando has not been requested, meaning the players have signed their contracts but the club have not yet lodged them with the authorities, thus keeping their options open.

They are not our players. Not yet anyway.

The Mighty Thor
so what does that prove? is it really THAT important that the players weren't brought here for a trial by csaba? isn't it far more important that csaba gets to choose whether they get to stay?

There's no point of debate on that from me. In fact i think Csaba has played a blinder here. The two portugese guys were Romanov picks, Csaba has run the rule over them and decided they aren't up to it. Now Romanov has the option to back his managers judgement and empty them or he over-rules his manager and we end up with another two diddies. Very interesting!

Guest JamboRobbo
so what does that prove?

Validates some of the info I received at the weekend and posted on here yesterday, which you and BB seem determined to ridicule.

is it really THAT important that the players weren't brought here for a trial by csaba? isn't it far more important that csaba gets to choose whether they get to stay?

I think the important thing, is that we get the striker we all know we need.

Drylaw Hearts

I'm not surprised by this at all.

It was pretty obvious Csaba didn't rate either player too highly.

I hope BAnderson is attempting to make contact with the players Agent to get his side of the story.

I still don't understand why he would claim they weren't on trial.

Which indicates that Csabas "ABC" quote wasnt quite as positive as was being spun

Validates some of the info I received at the weekend and posted on here yesterday, which you and BB seem determined to ridicule.

What information would that be? You haven't posted any mate!!!

As for the trialists I think anyone with half a brain could have worked out that Csaba didn't rate them so that doesn't validate anything.

I hope BAnderson is attempting to make contact with the players Agent to get his side of the story.

I still don't understand why he would claim they weren't on trial.

The players have been signed to Hearts on three year deals as per their agents quote... it is just that Hearts have not registered either player with the sfa... thus ensuring they are not yet internationally cleared to play for us, so they aren't 100% Hearts players... they are being kept in limbo!

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

According to a poster on here who knows more than most on the board, one of them is heading home today.

Vlad sent two players over, they were pish, Csaba has turned them away.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

There's no point of debate on that from me. In fact i think Csaba has played a blinder here. The two portugese guys were Romanov picks, Csaba has run the rule over them and decided they aren't up to it. Now Romanov has the option to back his managers judgement and empty them or he over-rules his manager and we end up with another two diddies. Very interesting!

I think the important thing, is that we get the striker we all know we need.

agreed.

Drylaw Hearts
Which indicates that Csabas "ABC" quote wasnt quite as positive as was being spun

Indeed.

I, for one, didn't put any positive spin on that quote. I think he was referring to Wittiveen and that it was a thinly veiled threat aimed at Vlad.

As for the Portuguese players Csaba says they are good guys but that he needs to look at other positions as more of a priority.

The players have been signed to Hearts on three year deals as per their agents quote... it is just that Hearts have not registered either player with the sfa... thus ensuring they are not yet internationally cleared to play for us, so they aren't 100% Hearts players... they are being kept in limbo!

I'm sure there is a bit more of this to unfold

If anything has been signed and the agreements werent subject to trial or subject to us lodging documents with the SFA then we will still have a contract with these guys....

Lets just hope that Vlad backs Csaba on this. Lets hope there is no "u-turn" decision by Csaba.

It seems clear to me that Csaba doesnt want the Portuguese to play tonight

Drylaw Hearts

I assume we will not have to honour these contracts.

I, for one, didn't put any positive spin on that quote. I think he was referring to Wittiveen and that it was a thinly veiled threat aimed at Vlad.

Agreed. And that he wasnt getting players from his list...:th_love:

Fourcandles
I assume we will not have to honour these contracts.

Yip, their contracts won't be Vlad-idated.

:hammer:

Nucky Thompson
What information would that be? You haven't posted any mate!!!

As for the trialists I think anyone with half a brain could have worked out that Csaba didn't rate them so that doesn't validate anything.

Exactly. I think everybody could have worked it out themselves without 'inside information'

Probably the fact that Vlads eye for a player is generally pish poor.

And Csabas is much better ? What annoys me is that everyone thinks that Vlad goes about looking for players, this is nonesense, his stouts (cronies) look at different players as well as agents to Vlad! He likes to make out that he is in full control of everything because of his ego but in reality i think he just takes ideas or players that other people have meation and uses them as his own.

Its a same that we did not see what the guys were capabale of, but Csaba should have (must have) the final say.

Drylaw Hearts

As for the Portuguese players Csaba says they are good guys but that he needs to look at other positions as more of a priority.

That's not what he said.

"At the moment they are still here. I don't like to comment too much but I think, at the moment, they can't help the team. They are good guys but definitely we need other types of players," said Laszlo.

One is a defensive midfielder and the other is a pacy striker.

Csaba has been quoted as saying he need both since Friday.

At a wild guess - the reason they can't help the team is because they're not good enough.

Exactly. I think everybody could have worked it out themselves without 'inside information'

Not from the threads on these guys and the comments on some of what Csaba has said recently it seems that quite a large majority hadnt worked it out.

You're ahead of the game though :bulb2:

Agreed. And that he wasnt getting players from his list...:th_love:

Not at all. It was him making it clear that Wittiveen wasn't the quality forward we need.

As for the other signings, Csaba has already spoken about the quality they bring to the team. FACT!

That's not what he said.

At a wild guess - the reason they can't help the team is because they're not good enough.

Yeah, to be fair I would accept that DH. I don't think it matters too much if he wants better players or different players.

The key thing is that he is getting to make the decision.

On one note, it maybe we keep the striker for one more week, just so to make sure we do find someone else, if not we may end up with him.

That's not what he said.

He also talks about the next 2 games being used as full starting 11 for the utd game, maybe he thinks they are not match ready, or SPL ready as they came from a totally different football culture ?

Not from the threads on these guys and the comments on some of what Csaba has said recently it seems that quite a large majority hadnt worked it out.

You're ahead of the game though :bulb2:

I think its clear from what has been posted that most people thought they looked good on youtube, had good pedigree and were recommended by Jose and Bruno.

I still think they look good but it has been clear all along Csaba didn't think so and his opinion is good enough for me and for the vast majority of KB I would think.

Drylaw Hearts
Not at all. It was him making it clear that Wittiveen wasn't the quality forward we need.

As for the other signings, Csaba has already spoken about the quality they bring to the team. FACT!

What was his glowing reference to Kucharski again ?

On one note, it maybe we keep the striker for one more week, just so to make sure we do find someone else, if not we may end up with him.

I would not be too dissapinted with that. he did look like he had a bit of pace and got stuck in. In all fairness he might find goals in the SPL....lots of half decent players have bagged goals here when struggling elsewhere.

Archived