Zezinando & Moreira fail to Impress Csaba!

CBjambo

I'm sure there is a bit more of this to unfold

If anything has been signed and the agreements werent subject to trial or subject to us lodging documents with the SFA then we will still have a contract with these guys....

Lets just hope that Vlad backs Csaba on this. Lets hope there is no "u-turn" decision by Csaba.

It seems clear to me that Csaba doesnt want the Portuguese to play tonight

how did you come to that startling conclusion?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Mighty Thor
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1742834,00.html

Players sent home ,where is trhe war between Csaba and Vlad again?

Excellent news.

If that's the way the system is going to work at Hearts then happy days.

Players come in, manager checks them out, they're emptied if they're gash. Should avoid a repeat of the Tullberg fiasco. Beautiful.

how did you come to that startling conclusion?

oh, right, so he wants them to play?

Anyway, as long as Vlad's ego isnt too bruised, this is good news.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

A few posters left to look a bit silly yet again.

How can we turn this into a negative thing?

Is it really?

I was hoping they were going to be good players!!

Because Csaba sent them home ?

But Vlad controls csaba like a puppet, and rules with a iron fist so why would he let this happen! he must have lost interests in us !

Glad to see it pan out this way tbh

on the other hand lets hope csaba is not cutting his nose of to spite his face.

A few posters left to look a bit silly yet again.

How can we turn this into a negative thing?

Depends if Csaba is tired of having to trial players he doesnt want / doesnt rate, depends if he considers these trials are being placed ahead of the queue of people he wants who would cost roughly the same.

However, after years of exactly this type of thing not happening, a manager telling Vlad to shove his trialists is positive.

Hopefully Vlad reacts to this in good spirit.

Excellent news.

Players come in, manager checks them out, they're emptied if they're gash. Should avoid a repeat of the Tullberg fiasco. Beautiful.

You do realise Csaba wanted to keep Tullberg?

Is it really?

I was hoping they were going to be good players!!

I know what you mean

They did seem to get better advanced billing than, say Wittenven.

So I am surprised they didnt get more air time

ToadKiller Dog

Just glad the club announced the news before the conspiracy theories started ,maybe not .

Csaba does not actually say they are bad players just that they are not the right players at this time .

Drylaw Hearts

I hope we are now done with this trailist crap and Csaba is allowed to bring in the players he wants to bring in.

Time is running out.

Quite believe they had medicals and had contracts verbally sorted but when Csaba said "no" that was all irrelevant. Csaba has shown with the two previous Lithuanian league trialists and these to Portugese lads that he has the final say.

All positive and if there was half a chance to slate wee Vlad I would have.

Drylaw Hearts
Just glad the club announced the news before the conspiracy theories started ,maybe not .

Csaba does not actually say they are bad players just that they are not the right players at this time .

Which means they are not going to improve the team.

Now considering we don't have a striker who can score goals that suggests to me the CF who failed his 'trial' is not a good player.

What was his glowing reference to Kucharski again ?

Csaba on Kucharski:

"Dawid is a guy in the central defence who is quiet and likes to play football. He has a very good eye."

Wouldn't sy it was glowing but he obviously thinks he is a good player.

I think the reason Wittiveen signed and this pair didn't is that Csaba actually thinks Wittiveen can be a useful addition to the squad. Hadn't seen this quote before and it certainly makes me feel better about the signing of Wittiveen...

"He will come to Edinburgh and we will talk about his future," said manager Csaba Laszlo. "He is a powerful player and, if he learns a little bit and we try to build him up, I think he will be a good player."

Because Csaba sent them home ?

wasn't it bleeding obvious he didn't want them to play? he's quite clearly stated he doesn't see them helping the team.

Francis Albert

Cue a 15 page thread headed "Vlad not a happy man"? On brink of sacking Csaba, putting Hearts into administration, etc etc?

Drylaw Hearts
Quite believe they had medicals and had contracts verbally sorted but when Csaba said "no" that was all irrelevant. Csaba has shown with the two previous Lithuanian league trialists and these to Portugese lads that he has the final say.

It seems a waste of Csaba's time VR sending these guys over.

I wish he would just let Csaba get on with the job and let him sign a fricking CF.

Excellent news.

I agree.

I care little who comes in "on trial" as long as the man in charge of the football team, ie Laszlo, gets to make his mind up whether or not he thinks the players offer anything to our squad. In this instance, he doesn't think they will so they have been sent home.

Good news IMO.

However, much like DH has suggested, time is really running out and our continued, three pre seasons running, issues with signing a striker have not yet been rectified. The season kicks off a week on Monday and even if we sign that elusive striker today I envisage the old "he won't be properly fit as he hasn't went through a full preseason" comments coming out. That is obviously based on the hope that we actually do sign that elusive striker at any time in this window.

Depends if Csaba is tired of having to trial players he doesnt want / doesnt rate, depends if he considers these trials are being placed ahead of the queue of people he wants who would cost roughly the same.

However, after years of exactly this type of thing not happening, a manager telling Vlad to shove his trialists is positive.

Hopefully Vlad reacts to this in good spirit.

047_Fainted.jpg

The Mighty Thor
You do realise Csaba wanted to keep Tullberg?

This is JKB. Never let a trivial thing like the facts get in the way of a good rant!:smash:

I think the reason Wittiveen signed and this pair didn't is that Csaba actually thinks Wittiveen can be a useful addition to the squad. Hadn't seen this quote before and it certainly makes me feel better about the signing of Wittiveen...

"He will come to Edinburgh and we will talk about his future," said manager Csaba Laszlo. "He is a powerful player and, if he learns a little bit and we try to build him up, I think he will be a good player."

The only thing with this quote is that it suggests to me that he sees Witteveen as a player that will not go straight into our first team. It reads to me that Witteveen will be a player that he intends on developing as a squad player as opposed to being first choice.

I wish he would just let Csaba get on with the job and let him sign a fricking CF.

I don't know about a waste of time. If one of them had been good then it wouldn't have been a waste of time. I think the fact that Csaba gave Zezinando a run out suggests that he maybe thought he had something about him and needed to see him in a match.

Not if it unearths a great player.

The only thing with this quote is that it suggests to me that he sees Witteveen as a player that will not go straight into our first team. It reads to me that Witteveen will be a player that he intends on developing as a squad player as opposed to being first choice.

Yeah, I agree but at least Csaba doesn't appear unhappy with him as a potential signing. However, his ABC speech reveals that while he may be happy to develop Witty slowly he still wants a proven striker and thats where Vlad needs to step up and support his manager as he has done so far.

The Mighty Thor
However, much like DH has suggested, time is really running out and our continued, three pre seasons running, issues with signing a striker have not yet been rectified. The season kicks off a week on Monday and even if we sign that elusive striker today I envisage the old "he won't be properly fit as he hasn't went through a full preseason" comments coming out. That is obviously based on the hope that we actually do sign that elusive striker at any time in this window.

This is one of the few points of consensus on here. It does look like we will be going into season 3 without a player that can score goals. One would imagine that this should have been the point of focus since May but it would appear not.

IMHO it would be negligent and would show a real lack of ambition to fail to sign a goal-scorer before 31st August.

I hope we are now done with this trailist crap and Csaba is allowed to bring in the players he wants to bring in.

Time is running out.

Well I hope we're NOT finished with this trialist crap.

If say he has not heard of a good player but one of our foreign players (or indeed anyone) tips him the wink about someone who is available, what do we have to lose?

Maye you just meant trialists that you think are VR's.

Drylaw Hearts
Csaba on Kucharski:

"Dawid is a guy in the central defence who is quiet and likes to play football. He has a very good eye."

Wouldn't sy it was glowing but he obviously thinks he is a good player.

This was said after the match v Goslar.

This was the first time Csaba had commented on the guy 3 days after he signed. When he signed Bouzid and Suso he was quick to mention how he'd tracked them for a while etc.

But he found nothing to say on Kucharski. How often does a club sign a player and the Manager doesn't comment ?

Food for thought.

Also....

From today EEN :

"We have played all the possibilities in defence," continued Laszlo. "We played Zaliukas with Ismael (Bouzid], we played Zaliukas with Jose (Goncalves], Ismael and Jose, Dawid Kucharski and Ismael. Now everybody knows everybody. The most important is to find out who goes well with who. Tonight we will probably begin with Zaliukas and Ismael but I would also like to see Zaliukas with Jose together."

Kucharski looks to be 4th choice on the list for a place at CH tonight.

Can't be that good if he's behind Jose !!

Guest JamboRobbo
How does that marry with the "information" you received over the weekend JR? :) :) :)

Thats about 50% of it now out in the open.

Moreira must have been honking in training.

Glad it seem Csaba has the final say, and it does make that Portuguese Trialists thread a bit of a laugh now.

The Mighty Thor

Glad it seem Csaba has the final say, and it does make that Portuguese Trialists thread a bit of a laugh now.

Not to mention the we've signed 6 players one and the all aboard the happy train one....:hanged:

This was the first time Csaba had commented on the guy 3 days after he signed. When he signed Bouzid and Suso he was quick to mention how he'd tracked them for a while etc.

But he found nothing to say on Kucharski. How often does a club sign a player and the Manager doesn't comment ?

Food for thought.

Also....

From today EEN :

TBH I'd much rather we started with either Kucharski/Jose and Bouzid.

I know you think Zal is the devil incarnate and I dont quite, but either way he's suspended for the first 4 games, we need to get a partnership which can play for those 4, and work on Zal + 1 in training if he's to be 1st choice.

Guest JamboRobbo

Indeed.

wasn't it bleeding obvious he didn't want them to play? he's quite clearly stated he doesn't see them helping the team.

"bleeding obvious" doesnt seem to exist on JKB....

Not to mention the we've signed 6 players one and the all aboard the happy train one....:hanged:

I think I missed/ignored them

yeah but if a great player IS unearthed then it's safe to say the credit wouldn't be going anywhere near vlad.

Charlie-Brown

Time is running out.

Surely that all depends on what they would cost ie what are their demands & are they affordable?

Drylaw Hearts
I don't know about a waste of time. If one of them had been good then it wouldn't have been a waste of time. I think the fact that Csaba gave Zezinando a run out suggests that he maybe thought he had something about him and needed to see him in a match.

Well I hope we're NOT finished with this trialist crap.

If say he has not heard of a good player but one of our foreign players (or indeed anyone) tips him the wink about someone who is available, what do we have to lose?

Maye you just meant trialists that you think are VR's.

VR sending Csaba trialists has been a complete waste of time.

This is the 3rd Transfer Window in a row he's been sent them and we've not had a single success story.

VR even sent Csaba one guy twice !!

VR has a god awful record of picking players and should throw all his files and dvd's onto a big bonfire.

Drylaw Hearts
TBH I'd much rather we started with either Kucharski/Jose and Bouzid.

I know you think Zal is the devil incarnate and I dont quite, but either way he's suspended for the first 4 games, we need to get a partnership which can play for those 4, and work on Zal + 1 in training if he's to be 1st choice.

Agreed.

I'd like to see Kucharski and Bouzid start as I've not seen either in action at all.

Food for thought.

Also....

From today EEN :

OR he has already seen what Kucharski can do and is confident in his ability.

Csaba clearly wasn't questionned about Kucharski at the time of his signing as there was no interview with him at all. That doesn't mean he didnt want him to sign.

The Mighty Thor
yeah but if a great player IS unearthed then it's safe to say the credit wouldn't be going anywhere near vlad.

To be fair the odds on this happening are fairly long. It's why we have the much vaunted youth system and academy.

It's easy to snipe though but how successful was Romanov's pyramid system and 'shop window' for emerging Eastern European talent? One player sold on in 4 years and the club we sold him to doubled their dough 3 months later? hardly a ringing endorsement or indeed worth the gash the paying supporter had to endure while the 'shop window' was open.

credit where it's due and criticism where it's due. It's called balance apparently.

This is one of the few points of consensus on here. It does look like we will be going into season 3 without a player that can score goals. One would imagine that this should have been the point of focus since May but it would appear not.

IMHO it would be negligent and would show a real lack of ambition to fail to sign a goal-scorer before 31st August.

There is the galling bit. We have been looking for three pre-seasons for a goalscorer and have failed to find one. Despite having signed far more players than I thought we would, we are still waiting on the most important one. We are now talking about the end of the transfer window, the start of pre-season is long gone and the start of the season is very close. Why have we had such difficulty in this?

Drylaw Hearts

To say the least !!!

Glad it seems Csaba has the final say, and it does make that Portuguese Trialists thread a bit of a laugh now.

But some of the points on it remain valid :

VR should stop sending Csaba players as they are most likely to be completely rotten.

Archived