Vlad Speaks to the Record????

Heartbeat

RedM - thats a bit broad brush for you

He didnt just say Celtic wouldnt win. The window dressing he added is the issue. And whatever the interpretation "shallow club" goes beyond an opinion on a game.

And I am not sure just how often other clubs comment on Hearts or Vlad along those lines?

We would scream blue murder if any other SPL club commented on our Europa league draw, our lack of prospects of success and the fact that we play such limited football that we are unlikely to get through.....which depending on the the team we get would probably be quite an accurate statement also

Or we might all be quite sanguine about it, and there not even be a thread on it.......

Yep, we would indeed have a thread or two jam packed full of indignation and outrage...but what do you think you'd find the fans of the perpetrator's club saying on their own message board? You'd find them chuckling with merry glee and backing their 'own' all the way.

Other clubs have plenty to say about Hearts, let's not pretend otherwise. Some of the comments made by representatives of other clubs have been nothing short of ignorant untruths, occasionally laced with a bit of gratuitous racism. I don't like it but it doesn't give me sleepless nights, and to be honest it helped us at times last season and motivated us into adopting a siege mentality which is no bad thing.

C'est la vie. It might not be pleasant at times but it gives us something to blether about...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miller Jambo 60
Jeez, this thread is a bit rich.

I enjoy Vlads outbursts.

I enjoy his digs , particularly at the OF.

It makes things entertaining.

Im not sure why we would be moaning about that?

Are we seriously trying to say that we get an unfair rub of the green becuase of what Vlad says?

I think there is far more too it than just Vlad.

Thing is Vlad winds them up and he is hated for that.

Stuff the OF and their crawling Journos.

ToadKiller Dog
Thing is Vlad winds them up and he is hated for that.

Stuff the OF and their crawling Journos.

Spot on Doug

the tag on by Hugh Keevins (a more celtic minded man you could not meet ) at the end of the important bit about Dr Death and Thompson was a crude attempt to stir up more Vlad nonsense and apart from the few on here nobody really cares ,not celtic not even the SFA who havent as yet given the standard response to it by asking Hearts to explain the comments .

Keevins and his Daily ****** failed as Vlads comments are for the most part now raise as slight smile and thats about it .

Miller Jambo 60
Spot on Doug

the tag on by Hugh Keevins (a more celtic minded man you could not meet ) at the end of the important bit about Dr Death and Thompson was a crude attempt to stir up more Vlad nonsense and apart from the few on here nobody really cares ,not celtic not even the SFA who havent as yet given the standard response to it by asking Hearts to explain the comments .

Keevins and his Daily ****** failed as Vlads comments are for the most part now raise as slight smile and thats about it .

Ron Scott Sunday post Is the worst.

Celtic minger:rifle:

Russian Adjectives that can be tranlated as "Shallow" according to Google Translate

мелкий

1. small

2. fine

3. paltry

4. piddling

5. potty

6. small-time

7. hair-splitting

8. minute

9. dusty

10. two-by-four

11. thin

12. one-horse

13. trivial

14. small-fry

15. small-minded

16. depthless

17. one-eyed

18. back-page

19. petty

20. poky

21. shallow

22. shoal

23. pettifogging

24. fleet

мелководный

1. shallow

2. shoal

маловодный

1. shallow

пустой

1. empty

2. void

3. hollow

4. idle

5. shallow

6. futile

7. frivolous

8. foppish

9. inane

10. lathery

11. blank

12. milk-and-water

13. feckless

14. vain

15. sounding

16. airy

17. jejune

18. fiddling

19. vacuous

20. vaporous

21. bladdery

22. null

23. sunken

24. light

25. trivial

26. featherbrained

27. windy

28. frothy

29. addle

30. yeasty

31. gossipy

32. puerile

33. featherheaded [colloq.]

34. light-headed

35. vacant

36. unoccupied

37. feather-pated

38. chaffy

39. dead

40. flatulent

41. vapoury

42. bare

поверхностный

1. surface

2. superficial

3. skin-deep

4. facile

5. depthless

6. lightweight

7. perfunctory

8. shallow

9. sketchy

10. shallow-minded

11. frivolous

12. outward

13. sophomoric

14. futile

15. lip-deep

16. cursory

ToadKiller Dog
Russian Adjectives that can be tranlated as "Shallow" according to Google Translate

Reading that list reminds of that 80s game show when one person trys to guess the item from there team mates description ,with the item being Hibernian football club.

Would you say our treatment by SFA / SPL and referees is 100% based on Vlad being involved

I have never argued this

:smiley2:

marshallschunkychicken

I still think it is a bit of mischief at the Record / Sunday Mail.

'What does that quote mean?'

'That Celtic are shallow, or lacking in depth'

'Let's run with "shallow,"'

Its interesting

Every time Vlad opens his mouth about Scottish football he makes a cheap jibe about the old firm and another "hysterical" quip about referees. Never really says anything about Hearts.

If he were on JKB I'd have thought he'd be slated as being tedious, monotonous, a usual suspect that only continually moans about the same things....

We slag hobos for speaking only of Hearts. Yet our owner speaks only of old firm and is lauded as some sort of comical hero genius

ive goten so used to vlads rants and so uterly numb to them that i only see there funny side...and admit to seeing him as a comical genius

мелкий

1. small

2. fine

3. paltry

4. piddling

5. potty

6. small-time

7. hair-splitting

8. minute

9. dusty

10. two-by-four

11. thin

12. one-horse

13. trivial

14. small-fry

15. small-minded

16. depthless

17. one-eyed

18. back-page

19. petty

20. poky

21. shallow

22. shoal

23. pettifogging

24. fleet

мелководный

1. shallow

2. shoal

маловодный

1. shallow

пустой

1. empty

2. void

3. hollow

4. idle

5. shallow

6. futile

7. frivolous

8. foppish

9. inane

10. lathery

11. blank

12. milk-and-water

13. feckless

14. vain

15. sounding

16. airy

17. jejune

18. fiddling

19. vacuous

20. vaporous

21. bladdery

22. null

23. sunken

24. light

25. trivial

26. featherbrained

27. windy

28. frothy

29. addle

30. yeasty

31. gossipy

32. puerile

33. featherheaded [colloq.]

34. light-headed

35. vacant

36. unoccupied

37. feather-pated

38. chaffy

39. dead

40. flatulent

41. vapoury

42. bare

поверхностный

1. surface

2. superficial

3. skin-deep

4. facile

5. depthless

6. lightweight

7. perfunctory

8. shallow

9. sketchy

10. shallow-minded

11. frivolous

12. outward

13. sophomoric

14. futile

15. lip-deep

16. cursory

I like this list. So many of them are applicable... :biggrin:

Could any of the chaps who have described Mr Romanov's comments as "Embarrassing to the club" please give me their definition of "the club"?

Thanks.

Jam Tarts 1874

The rantings of a number of posters on here are a serious embarrassement to HMFC.

colinmaroon
Vlad has been asked to make a comment due to his nationality and connection with Scottish football. Whether he is speaking for himself or as our owner is immaterial. This is how it will be perceived. Should he be derided for it? Absolutely not. Should the rag that is the record have reported it? Absolutely. Is the celtic spokesman correct to say what he did? Absolutley. Vald put a dig in to celtic, celtic put a dig into Vlad, big deal. He has been asked his view and answered, the matter should be nowhere near the SFA or SPL or whoever the hell is running Scottish football at the minute. Two guys having sly digs at each other's fitba teams. Who would have thought it!!!!!

Point of order!!!

That's a damned lie!!!

NO ONE is running Scottish Football!!!

Could any of the chaps who have described Mr Romanov's comments as "Embarrassing to the club" please give me their definition of "the club"?

Thanks.

Anyone able to help?

I just want to know if it's Csaba and the boys walking around with a massive beamer, or is Campbell Ogilivie the one shaking his head?

Perhaps the ticket office staff are the ones cringing.

Anyone able to help?

I just want to know if it's Csaba and the boys walking around with a massive beamer, or is Campbell Ogilivie the one shaking his head?

Perhaps the ticket office staff are the ones cringing.

I'm not ranting :smiley2: but I think that it is embarrassing that whenever Romanov speaks football it is slagging the old firm and referees and rarely is it about Hearts.

Its like 99% of people on here say the Hobo's obsession with commenting on Hearts more than their own team is embarrassing.

Same thing no?

The embarrassing side of it isnt a big issue in any event. The possibility that it hardens opinions against us to our detriment is the concern.

Not a big issue, just havent had a bit of Vlad bashing for a while, its been such a professional and encouraging close season so far :smiley2:

I'm not ranting :smiley2: but I think that it is embarrassing that whenever Romanov speaks football it is slagging the old firm and referees and rarely is it about Hearts.

Its like 99% of people on here say the Hobo's obsession with commenting on Hearts more than their own team is embarrassing.

Same thing no?

The embarrassing side of it isnt a big issue in any event. The possibility that it hardens opinions against us to our detriment is the concern.

Not a big issue, just havent had a bit of Vlad bashing for a while, its been such a professional and encouraging close season so far :smiley2:

Owner's comments about own club = pretty standard & not often controversial.

Owner's comments about another club = much better gossip and often very newsworthy.

It's not like the Hibby obsession with Hearts at all. Nobody else is remotely interested in what hobos have to say...

Guest JamboRobbo

It's not like the Hibby obsession with Hearts at all. Nobody else is remotely interested in what hobos have to say...

His comments sound exactly like the Hobos - bitter and jealous of a club with more money, more fans, better players and more success.

Reading that list reminds of that 80s game show when one person trys to guess the item from there team mates description ,with the item being Hibernian football club.

you sir are a genius with that signature.

:D

marshallschunkychicken

Same thing no?

To be fair, if he was asked about Celtic's chances against Dinamo Moscow and he started banging on about Hearts, he'd get criticised for going off on a mad tangent...

ToadKiller Dog
you sir are a genius with that signature.

:D

To be honest as good as it is ,its not my work ,from a united supporter on east of scotland forum ,so i am just a good thief .

Same thing no?

Well, not really no. I mean, we don't hear probably even a hundredth of what Romanov says regarding football; only what is reported in the press.

I mean, I very much doubt that when Avram Grant was sitting with him for those couple of games that he was sitting there ranting about Scottish referee's "intrigues" and the shallowness of the OF.

Miller Jambo 60
The rantings of a number of posters on here are a serious embarrassement to HMFC.

Aye cos we care for Hearts:hammer:

His comments sound exactly like the Hobos - bitter and jealous of a club with more money, more fans, better players and more success.

With comments like that, you're just playing in to their hands.

Personally, I don't think he sounds remotely jealous or bitter. If anything, I bet he had a wee twinkle in his eye when he reeled that one off...

If i was Vlad i would refuse point blank to speak to any of the media,i think they sensationalise anything he says

The People's Chimp
If i was Vlad i would refuse point blank to speak to any of the media,i think they sensationalise anything he says

That would be missing the point entirely.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
that was particularly weasely even by the record's sychophantic standards.

Abso-feckin-lutely. No better than a fanzine

John Findlay

I hope that Vladimir Romanov continues to have digs at both Celtic and Rangers.

The biggest dig in the last five to ten years in Scottish football is the two of them openly stating they want to leave the SPL and play in a league outside Scotland. If that is not bringing the Scottish game into disrepute then I dont know what is.

Scottish football should grant them both their wish NOW.

John

Pants Shaton
I hope that Vladimir Romanov continues to have digs at both Celtic and Rangers.

The biggest dig in the last five to ten years in Scottish football is the two of them openly stating they want to leave the SPL and play in a league outside Scotland. If that is not bringing the Scottish game into disrepute then I dont know what is.

Scottish football should grant them both their wish NOW.

John

The biggest dig would be equipping Hearts to win the SPL title.

Guest JamboRobbo

Personally, I don't think he sounds remotely jealous or bitter. If anything, I bet he had a wee twinkle in his eye when he reeled that one off...

As Charlie-Chester said, if he wants to make a point, the best way to do it is to equip HMFC to win the title.

If he's not willing to do that, and it's all talk and no action, then dinnae bother talking ****e.

To be fair the person that has played into the Hobo's hands most is Vlad himself...

Dr. Bapswent
As Charlie-Chester said, if he wants to make a point, the best way to do it is to equip HMFC to win the title.

If he's not willing to do that, and it's all talk and no action, then dinnae bother talking ****e.

Maybe the best way, but not the only way.

Dr. Bapswent
The only way that carries any weight though.

Maybe...maybe not.

Getting people to think about things is a worthwhile object IMO.

And besides, its fun, lighten up!

Guest JamboRobbo
Maybe...maybe not.

Getting people to think about things is a worthwhile object IMO.

Agreed. But as proven on here every day, things designed to make people think (if said in the wrong way) just get people's backs up rather than making them think.

And besides, its fun, lighten up!

Disagree. I think it harms our chances of success, right from the message it sends to our players and supporters (that failure can be blamed on someone else) , to the way it gets other clubs owners/managers/players/fans backs up (which makes them want to beat us all the more).

Chad Sexington

Disagree. I think it harms our chances of success, right from the message it sends to our players and supporters (that failure can be blamed on someone else) , to the way it gets other clubs owners/managers/players/fans backs up (which makes them want to beat us all the more).

JR mulls over Vlad's latest press release.

angry460.jpg

Agreed. But as proven on here every day, things designed to make people think (if said in the wrong way) just get people's backs up rather than making them think.

Interesting post :yes2:

to the way it gets other clubs owners/managers/players/fans backs up (which makes them want to beat us all the more)

This is absolutely the point I agree with. He's doing other team's teamtalks for them.

So should we be all pally and nice to other, teams, so they dont want to beat us?

Should the owners of every SPL club shoot their mouths off about other teams cheating?

Or if there is a genuine issue to be discussed should it be done so in a more professional organised manner

Guest JamboRobbo
So should we be all pally and nice to other, teams, so they dont want to beat us?

Aye, thats exactly what I said. i really don't know why I even bother trying to have rational debate with you.

I'd settle for being professional. Csaba can make witty comments without getting people's backs up or looking like an arse because 1) he's actually funny and 2) knows how to play the game on and off the park.

Can you say that if someone had said the same about us that we wouldn't expect it to be pinned to the dressing room wall?

Dr. Bapswent
Aye, thats exactly what I said. i really don't know why I even bother trying to have rational debate with you.

So you do assume every post is a direct reply to you....ok

Guest JamboRobbo
So you do assume every post is a direct reply to you....ok

No. But your replying to the point I made in our chat about 3 posts above so hardly unreasonable to think your replying to the point I made.

We're having a reasonable debate, then you decide to be obtuse for no apparent reason. I just don't get it.

Dr. Bapswent
Should the owners of every SPL club shoot their mouths off about other teams cheating?

Or if there is a genuine issue to be discussed should it be done so in a more professional organised manner

Do you think Vlad gets the same rub of the green that say the OF get? and is not deliberately reported with any hint of interpretation and slant?

Guest JamboRobbo
I'd settle for being professional. Csaba can make witty comments without getting people's backs up or looking like an arse because 1) he's actually funny and 2) knows how to play the game on and off the park.

Can you say that if someone had said the same about us that we wouldn't expect it to be pinned to the dressing room wall?

Exactly.

Dr. Bapswent
No. But your replying to the point I made in our chat about 3 posts above.

We're having a reasonable debate, then you decide to be obtuse for no apparent reason. I just don't get it.

If you want to jump 2 steps ahead, get indignant and presuppose my responses, fine. Im not surprised you get irrate if you automatically assume you know what everyone else is thinking, why, and assume that it is already beneath you.

but I was asking the next logical quesiton in the 'debate' we were having, whether its sophisticated or obvious is not important.

Dr. Bapswent

I dont see why thats worth being too upset about, Id expect teams to be motivated to win irrespective of what has been said.

Guest JamboRobbo
If you want to jump 2 steps ahead, get indignant and presuppose my responses, fine. Im not surprised you get irrate if you automatically assume you know what everyone else is thinking, why, and assume that it is already beneath you.

but I was asking the next logical quesiton in the 'debate' we were having, whether its sophisticated or obvious is not important.

Well Amjam has given you the answer, which I'm pretty sure you knew fine well anyway.

Do you think Vlad gets the same rub of the green that say the OF get? and is not deliberately reported with any hint of interpretation and slant?

In the press? No he doesnt. But he's his own worst enemy in that respect so I have little sympathy.

Do I think there is a chance that that quote is entirely made up and he neither made a dig at Celtic the club nor the fact that they might gain success with the assistance of referees? No - there may be subtle interpretational differences but I think it is likely he slagged Celtic as a club and that he made a dig about referees.

Whether we like the way we are treated within Scottish football or not is one thing. How the club deal with it is another. Despite the lack of standards elsewhere in Scottish football we should ensure that we, Hearts Football Club, always conduct ourself professionally and with dignity. Not doing so makes us just as bad, if not worse, than those we complain of, and renders the point being made impotent

I'm sure you, in the past, have suggested that I personally might have made a good point, but I wasted it with the surrounding drivel or rant in the rest of my post.

Same argument applies here re Vlad

I dont see why thats worth being too upset about, Id expect teams to be motivated to win irrespective of what has been said.

Of course teams will be motivated, but why give them any extra motivation?

Archived