Vlad Speaks to the Record????

Heartbeat

kissing-ass.jpg

For what it's worth, I see absolutely nothing wrong with Mr. Romanov's comments.

I'd definitely ask him for help with my first coupon of the season.

:thumb:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fat Striker
Is this still here?

Tbh, I find it difficult, in fact damn near impossible, to get upset about this. VR has said something stupid, again. This time it in no way impacts on us.

All I would say, and this is not enough to get me upset, it is not the sort of decorum I would like Heart of Midlothian officials to show when speaking in public. I would prefer if we maintained the siege mentality without using it to have a pop at others.

It's clearly a slow news day...

It is relevant - because if Vlad wasn't Hearts' owner, no-one would've asked him his opinion on Dynamo v Celtic. And put it this way: if, prior to our tie with AEK, the Celtic or Rangers owner had mocked our chances in the press, would you have just laughed? Or instead, seethed?

My money's on a no-show for any coherent answer to this point.

Only a Game

Ridiculous comments from Romanov in the first place. Who in their right mind talks about other clubs like that. (Imagine your reaction if Peter Lawell had said it about us)

Asking to have the ball smacked right back in his puss and duly got what it deserved.IMO

Sometimes you just have to shake your head at the clown and hope that one day he doesnt allow his mouth to do us some lasting damage. I mean apart from the damage he has done to our reputation already

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's about time Vlad done another photo shoot at the beach.

Anyone got that picture of him sitting with his crisp white chinos rolled up looking into the distance?

the stone rose

It is relevant - because if Vlad wasn't Hearts' owner, no-one would've asked him his opinion on Dynamo v Celtic. And put it this way: if, prior to our tie with AEK, the Celtic or Rangers owner had mocked our chances in the press, would you have just laughed? Or instead, seethed?

Yeah i would be seething. Doesn't mean that Vlad has done anything wrong. I think we live in a world full of people with delicate sensibilities, who get upset at the slightest thing. whats wrong with commenting on other teams? we get plenty of pish stated about our team. i just think that we all seem to be worried about stepping on peoples toes. football fans should grow a pair. :2thumbsup:

P.s not a dig at you shaun. just feel that as usual its all blown out of proportion.

Pants Shaton

Anyone got that picture of him sitting with his crisp white chinos rolled up looking into the distance?

coq.jpg

Chad Sexington

Cant find it. :43:

To soften the blow have one of his poems. :2thumbsup:

Vladimir-Romanov-001.jpg

Don't believe what you see today

'For the portrait of the day is viewed through slumbering nights.

'It is only through the cobwebs of time

'And through the prism of the past that the moments of today will be understood.'

:smoking:

Edit: Too late. Someone found it. Excellent.

coq.jpg

Not quite as I remembered it!

Those were the days though. :D

Don't suppose you have the Klimeck horse picture and the 'beautiful people are wearing' add?

Seymour M Hersh

As Shinzo said on the other Vlad is back thread. Could he simply being saying sellik are not as strong as they used to be and their squad is not as deep as it once was?

Cant find it. :43:

To soften the blow have one of his poems. :2thumbsup:

Vladimir-Romanov-001.jpg

Don't believe what you see today

'For the portrait of the day is viewed through slumbering nights.

'It is only through the cobwebs of time

'And through the prism of the past that the moments of today will be understood.'

:smoking:

Edit: Too late. Someone found it. Excellent.

That's deep.

It will have some on this thread shaking with rage though. :43:

shaun.lawson
Yeah i would be seething. Doesn't mean that Vlad has done anything wrong. I think we live in a world full of people with delicate sensibilities, who get upset at the slightest thing. whats wrong with commenting on other teams? we get plenty of pish stated about our team. i just think that we all seem to be worried about stepping on peoples toes. football fans should grow a pair. :2thumbsup:

P.s not a dig at you shaun. just feel that as usual its all blown out of proportion.

Mate - I broadly agree. I found it funny too! There's a lot you can get away with if you're funny, and Vlad's certainly that. I've no problem with it: my point was purely that others on here (funnily enough, probably those who are poking fun at the admittedly easy to poke fun at JR and DH) would be seething if the boot was on the other foot.

Buffalo Bill

Artmedia 5 Celtic 0?

Almost wet myself laughing that night.

shaun.lawson
Artmedia 5 Celtic 0?

Almost wet myself laughing that night.

Me too! Then they drew 4-4 at Motherwell in their first league game, we were excellent at Rugby Park, and I thought the title was between us and Rangers. Ah well. :43:

Gigolo-Aunt
Me too! Then they drew 4-4 at Motherwell in their first league game, we were excellent at Rugby Park, and I thought the title was between us and Rangers. Ah well. :43:

After one game?

shaun.lawson
After one game?

Mmm... maybe not strictly true! Celtic were so hapless though, and we'd made such quality signings and had such an apparently ideal manager that I started wondering. If I'm completely honest, I only believed (that we could win the title) for one week: after the draw at Parkhead. The following Friday night, I stood in front of the shaving mirror and thought: "Shaun - you support a really big club now. Who knows what might be possible?"

Then I went to bed, and when I woke up, the sky was about to fall in. :43:

Gigolo-Aunt
Mmm... maybe not strictly true! Celtic were so hapless though, and we'd made such quality signings and had such an apparently ideal manager that I started wondering. If I'm completely honest, I only believed (that we could win the title) for one week: after the draw at Parkhead. The following Friday night, I stood in front of the shaving mirror and thought: "Shaun - you support a really big club now. Who knows what might be possible?"

I never knew the Hearts players from adam apart from Jani. The rest was a wiki job.

As much as I hate Celtic, I knew that they would get their **** together at some point in the season.

So you only started supporting Hearts then Shaun? ;) As far as Im aware and know Hearts have always been a really big club.

As for the Vlad comments I found them funny, anything that riles either of the ugly sisters is good, and for the ones complaining did they make the same complaints when Levein publicly slated our club last season in the media? (For which nothing was said or done about it by the GFA) or when tangoman slated us in the media? or is it only because its VR that has made the comments that people get so easliy offended and upset?

shaun.lawson
I never knew the Hearts players from adam apart from Jani. The rest was a wiki job.

As much as I hate Celtic, I knew that they would get their **** together at some point in the season.

Thing was though, we really sneaked in under the radar that summer. FourFourTwo tipped us to finish 5th (with Hibs 3rd!), and none of the pundits seemed to notice what we were up to. Remember how many Kickbackers put a fiver on us to win the league at 100-1? And I recall John McCririck (who's a ****, but anyway) advising punters that all the smart money was on the Jam Tarts to finish 3rd.

Third was all I hoped for and expected at the beginning; I was just shocked by how good we became, hence my week as a believer. In terms of squads though, it's highly likely Celtic would've overhauled us even had Burley stayed, as you say.

shaun.lawson
So you only started supporting Hearts then Shaun? ;) As far as Im aware and know Hearts have always been a really big club.

Hehehe! Thought someone would pick me up on that! In Scottish terms, Hearts have always been a big club, yes; but I'd never seen us get so close to our potential as we did that autumn. All of which left me thinking it might be just the start of something: detaching ourselves from the pack, challenging and eventually beating the OF, doing something significant in Europe too.

That autumn, almost anything seemed possible - and with people like Anderton and Burley at the club, we really seemed to mean business. On Hearts World, you can still listen to Anderton's interview after GB left, in which he seemed to be suggesting we were after people like Bobby Robson or Claudio Ranieri. It sounds ludicrous now - but at that point, we seemed like genuinely big hitters. Sports Illustrated's website even had us briefly on the fringes of their top ten world clubs!

Guest JamboRobbo
Shockerooni, the pyramid of pish in towing the same line stunner.

:qqb017:

Spot on, Le Chat.

:D

Or should that be :smiley2: ?

I'd be shocked if there wasn't some severe cases of lockjaw kicking about, given how deeply inserted some tongues have been up others' arses for the length of time they have been.

Correct.

It's been nauseating to behold.

:boak:.

:hat2:

Vlad has been asked to make a comment due to his nationality and connection with Scottish football. Whether he is speaking for himself or as our owner is immaterial. This is how it will be perceived. Should he be derided for it? Absolutely not. Should the rag that is the record have reported it? Absolutely. Is the celtic spokesman correct to say what he did? Absolutley. Vald put a dig in to celtic, celtic put a dig into Vlad, big deal. He has been asked his view and answered, the matter should be nowhere near the SFA or SPL or whoever the hell is running Scottish football at the minute. Two guys having sly digs at each other's fitba teams. Who would have thought it!!!!!

My concern about the way Vlad conducts himself on such matters is as follows.

Scottish football doesnt have that good a sense of humour. It takes itself far too seriously for what it is, and the old firm are revered far too much by the establishment - although the establishment are the old firm I guess, Rangers in particular.

However Csaba and the team worked bloody hard last season - both to finish as high up the league but also to get some respect back having had 2 seasons of fast dropping standards both on and off the pitch.

Since Romanov came along, and to be honest, principally since he started playing funny beggar from October Season 1, we are the friends of nobody in Scottish football. Whilst I find this sad, (I personally take pride in what others think of the club I support - or rather used to take pride) I can deal with it in so far as it relates to the press and other teams fans.

But it has been evidenced that the SFA / SPL and referees have been influenced against us by this general feeling (and also to be fair our, or rather, Vlads general conduct) within Scottish football. And whilst this is wrong (if you have maroon goggles but possibly not if you are neutral), we are not big enough to do something about it so we must live with it. In addition we, or rather, Vlad hasnt helped us right the situation

So one of the many plus points of last season was, after the idiotic and hypocritical mafia comments at the start of the season, was his silence and Csaba's dignity and the players general conduct (save Zaliukas).

We got a bit of respect back last season as a football club.

But it is gash like this recent quote that potentially sets us back again, it potentially continues the collision course we are on with the rest of Scottish football - the rulling bodies and referees in particular. It might be vaguely acceptable if we were challenging the old firm on the pitch - giving them a bloody nose ON and off the pitch. But we are simply miles behind them - and they arent even that good.

So to that extent he is not doing the club any favours.

We are up against getting anywhere as it is without our owner potentially making things more difficult for us

marshallschunkychicken

Scottish football doesnt have that good a sense of humour. It takes itself far too seriously for what it is, and the old firm are revered far too much by the establishment - although the establishment are the old firm I guess, Rangers in particular.

However Csaba and the team worked bloody hard last season - both to finish as high up the league but also to get some respect back having had 2 seasons of fast dropping standards both on and off the pitch.

Since Romanov came along, and to be honest, principally since he started playing funny beggar from October Season 1, we are the friends of nobody in Scottish football. Whilst I find this sad, (I personally take pride in what others think of the club I support - or rather used to take pride) I can deal with it in so far as it relates to the press and other teams fans.

But it has been evidenced that the SFA / SPL and referees have been influenced against us by this general feeling within Scottish football. And whilst this is wrong, we are not big enough to do something about it so we must live with it. In addition we, or rather, Vlad hasnt helped us right the situation

So one of the many plus points of last season was, after the idiotic and hypocritical mafia comments at the start of the season, was his silence and Csaba's dignity and the players general conduct (save Zaliukas).

But it is gash like this recent quote that potentially sets us back again, it potentially continues the collision course we are on with the rest of Scottish football - the rulling bodies and referees in particular. It might be vaguely acceptable if we were challenging the old firm on the pitch - giving them a bloody nose ON and off the pitch. But we are simply miles behind them - and they arent even that good.

We are up against getting anywhere as it is without our owner potentially making things more difficult for us

Some good points there. Surely though, no team is going to make any advances in this sort of situation by pandering to the status quo?

You stated that the OF are revered by the establishment, and are pretty much the establishment. I'm all for treating other teams with respect, but certainly not for cowing down to them.

A lot of people on here complain about others answering the poster rather than the post. That seems to be the norm with Scottish football these days.

jamboinglasgow
coq.jpg

I look at that picture and think it should have the caption at the bottom saying, "Vladimir is wearing the red cashmere jumper and cut jeans from Topshop's new Eastern European Football owner summer line."

If the translations is correct, all he's managed to do is give Celtic a free teamtalk the next time they play us.

Some good points there. Surely though, no team is going to make any advances in this sort of situation by pandering to the status quo?

You stated that the OF are revered by the establishment, and are pretty much the establishment. I'm all for treating other teams with respect, but certainly not for cowing down to them.

A lot of people on here complain about others answering the poster rather than the post. That seems to be the norm with Scottish football these days.

Not slagging Celtic or other teams off publicly is not pandering to those teams.

Acting with dignity is not being soft or sucking up

You can be firm and stand up for yourself without being petty and childish. Well most of us can, but Vlad cant...

What is the problem here. Old Firm PLC have been ripping the P*** out other Scottish clubs for years. They take all the money, buy all the best players cut price(Vlads no having that anymore you'll have noticed), they speak openly about not wanting to be in the SPL(not competitive enough), then buy all the best players(see above)blame every other team when they go out of Europe(not competitive enough-see above), get all the refereeing decisions, treat us like s**** when we go to their stadiums and then we find out Michael Martin has been using our money(taxpayers) to get chauffer driven cars to Celtic games.

Vlad points out a few home truths and you're all embarrased by his behaviour. Unbelievable..

gorgie rd eh11
What is the problem here. Old Firm PLC have been ripping the P*** out other Scottish clubs for years. They take all the money, buy all the best players cut price(Vlads no having that anymore you'll have noticed), they speak openly about not wanting to be in the SPL(not competitive enough), then buy all the best players(see above)blame every other team when they go out of Europe(not competitive enough-see above), get all the refereeing decisions, treat us like s**** when we go to their stadiums and then we find out Michael Martin has been using our money(taxpayers) to get chauffer driven cars to Celtic games.

Vlad points out a few home truths and you're all embarrased by his behaviour. Unbelievable..

:punk:

Take your point and dont disagree with the sentiment

The fact remains though is that Hearts/Vlad/weegie press are not a mixture that go well together and you have to be cute to get your way, even being two faced. For a man that looked to go into politics not so long ago Vlad should possibly look at Cszaba for a man who on occasion is almost insulting people but saying it with a smile in a manner that nobody bar us Jambos get.

The fact that our managers stock has risen so far in a year says volumes about how he goes about it and he certainly aint an arse licker.

Fact remains that nearly all realise the corupt nature of sports "journalism" in this country and that most are OF fans wi a job in the press. How you go about defeating them is another matter and currently vlads way (if its true) doesnt work

I dont disagree with that list

I dont think Vlad covered any of those points in that list. Some on this thread argue that he was merely being a comedian.

If he actually ever put together a structured and intelligent interview or release that covered such issues, I might have a degree of respect for such comments.

And in any event Vlad pointing out home truths doesnt do us any favours. Repeating them publicly time and time again IS embarrassing.

He speaks more about Celtic and referees than he does us.

Guest JamboRobbo

The fact that our managers stock has risen so far in a year says volumes about how he goes about it and he certainly aint an arse licker.

Fact remains that nearly all realise the corupt nature of sports "journalism" in this country and that most are OF fans wi a job in the press. How you go about defeating them is another matter and currently vlads way (if its true) doesnt work

Correct. Csaba has shown how to do it, whilst Vlad has repeatedly shown how to embarrass both himself and HMFC.

Fact remains that nearly all realise the corupt nature of sports "journalism" in this country and that most are OF fans wi a job in the press. How you go about defeating them is another matter and currently vlads way (if its true) doesnt work[/quote

Spot on

Vlad would do well to take lessons from Csaba on how to conduct himself

But it has been evidenced that the SFA / SPL and referees have been influenced against us by this general feeling (and also to be fair our, or rather, Vlads general conduct) within Scottish football. And whilst this is wrong (if you have maroon goggles but possibly not if you are neutral), we are not big enough to do something about it so we must live with it. In addition we, or rather, Vlad hasnt helped us right the situation

If he'd been quoted saying, "Lawwell smells of poo", I'd agree.

But he said that Celtic were unlikely to beat Dinamo Moscow, and he's absolutely right. If anyone was to ask Walter Smith the same question, he might put it in slightly different terms but he'd essentially be saying the same thing with a big coating of disingenuous bull on top.

People in football did - and still do - have plenty to say about Hearts and Vlad. If he fancies firing a shot back across every once in a while, I really don't see the problem with that. The OF will never be 'nice' to us, and neither will the SFA so you're on a hiding to nothing if you think his utterances are going to make a blind bit of difference in that respect.

Plus, I honestly couldn't care less what fans of other clubs have to say about us. The OF don't say much (they don't need to) and the rest of them are just bitching their arses off because they're still waiting for us to fall apart at the seams and getting increasingly hacked off when they see that it just isn't happening - their window of opportunity isn't coming after all. Doesn't matter what they come up with, it seems that some Hearts fans are more vicious about their own club and its personnel than any outsider could ever be.

If he'd been quoted saying, "Lawwell smells of poo", I'd agree.

But he said that Celtic were unlikely to beat Dinamo Moscow, and he's absolutely right. If anyone was to ask Walter Smith the same question, he might put it in slightly different terms but he'd essentially be saying the same thing with a big coating of disingenuous bull on top.

People in football did - and still do - have plenty to say about Hearts and Vlad. If he fancies firing a shot back across every once in a while, I really don't see the problem with that. The OF will never be 'nice' to us, and neither will the SFA so you're on a hiding to nothing if you think his utterances are going to make a blind bit of difference in that respect.

Plus, I honestly couldn't care less what fans of other clubs have to say about us. The OF don't say much (they don't need to) and the rest of them are just bitching their arses off because they're still waiting for us to fall apart at the seams and getting increasingly hacked off when they see that it just isn't happening - their window of opportunity isn't coming after all. Doesn't matter what they come up with, it seems that some Hearts fans are more vicious about their own club and its personnel than any outsider could ever be.

RedM - thats a bit broad brush for you

He didnt just say Celtic wouldnt win. The window dressing he added is the issue. And whatever the interpretation "shallow club" goes beyond an opinion on a game.

And I am not sure just how often other clubs comment on Hearts or Vlad along those lines?

We would scream blue murder if any other SPL club commented on our Europa league draw, our lack of prospects of success and the fact that we play such limited football that we are unlikely to get through.....which depending on the the team we get would probably be quite an accurate statement also

Or we might all be quite sanguine about it, and there not even be a thread on it.......

RedM - thats a bit broad brush for you

He didnt just say Celtic wouldnt win. The window dressing he added is the issue. And whatever the interpretation "shallow club" goes beyond an opinion on a game.

And I am not sure just how often other clubs comment on Hearts or Vlad along those lines?

We would scream blue murder if any other SPL club commented on our Europa league draw, our lack of prospects of success and the fact that we play such limited football that we are unlikely to get through.....which depending on the the team we get would probably be quite an accurate statement also

Or we might all be quite sanguine about it, and there not even be a thread on it.......

FFS if your gonna use words like that am going to have to defect to wechaseweeladdiesaroundinthenudewiahardon.net

Dr. Bapswent

Jeez, this thread is a bit rich.

I enjoy Vlads outbursts.

I enjoy his digs , particularly at the OF.

It makes things entertaining.

Im not sure why we would be moaning about that?

Are we seriously trying to say that we get an unfair rub of the green becuase of what Vlad says?

I think there is far more too it than just Vlad.

Are we seriously trying to say that we get an unfair rub of the green becuase of what Vlad says?

Are you seriously suggesting that what Vlad says and how he says it has no impact on the way we are dealt with by the SFA / SPL??

Dr. Bapswent
Are you seriously suggesting that what Vlad says and how he says it has no impact on the way we are dealt with by the SFA / SPL??

Im saying what he says does not have enough of an impact in the grand scheme of things to make such a huge difference.

Im saying what he says does not have enough of an impact in the grand scheme of things to make such a huge difference.

Would you say our treatment by SFA / SPL and referees has got worse or better since Vlad arrived?

Guest JamboRobbo
Jeez, this thread is a bit rich.

I enjoy Vlads outbursts.

I enjoy his digs , particularly at the OF.

It makes things entertaining.

Im not sure why we would be moaning about that?

Not everyone has the same opinion as you, so don't see the need for use of the royal "we".

If you enjoy Vlads commets, fine, enjoy them, and feel free to say so.

Meanwhile, others are entitled to their opinion too, and I don't see whats "rich" about others having that opinion?

I think there is far more too it than just Vlad.

Are you seriously trying to suggest the bs Vlad comes out with doesn't cause us to be treated any worse at all?

Dr. Bapswent
Would you say our treatment by SFA / SPL and referees has got worse or better since Vlad arrived?

Would you say our treatment by SFA / SPL and referees is 100% based on Vlad being involved, and not our challenge to the OF dominance, our influx of Lithuanians (related to Vlad, but ridiculous to draw a direct cause/effect), Mikogate, jealousy of our column inches and willingness to speak out against the SFA/SPL (not just Vlad)?

Drylaw Hearts
Would you say our treatment by SFA / SPL and referees is 100% based on Vlad being involved, and not our challenge to the OF dominance, our influx of Lithuanians (related to Vlad, but ridiculous to draw a direct cause/effect), Mikogate, jealousy of our column inches and willingness to speak out against the SFA/SPL (not just Vlad)?

:10900:

8th position really must have had the SFA and the OF crapping themselves.

Pants Shaton
Oh no, the triple whammy..!

It doesn't seem unreasonable to me to hold either of the following opinions:

- Vlad's outbursts are embarrassing and potentially harmful to the club.

- Vlad's outbursts are amusing and incisive

I can't see this thread leading to a consensus.

So long as he doesn't make a complete mess of this season with another spate of ridiculous decisions - I don't care.

Dr. Bapswent

So long as he doesn't make a complete mess of this season with another spate of ridiculous decisions - I don't care.

I 100% agree.

Guest JamboRobbo

Agreed. :smiley2:

Archived