Vlad Speaks to the Record????

Heartbeat

Yet another wee bit today.

They manage to hi jack a dispute between Smeltic and Diddy Utd re tv rights and comments atributed to each other and turn it into another Anti Vlad rant.

He apparently says they are a "shallow club" and could get beat 5-0 in moscow.

The article however manages to name vlad specifically about saying these comments but in reply " last night the celtic spokesman declined to answer a man whos team finished 23 points behind the league runners up last season", He said " aye very good. We move on" ( is that no an answer?)

Point is they cannot name the person at the smellies who made such a specific comment (although they say they declined to answer) but can attribute comments once again to Vlad.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was Hugh Keevins cut and paste job FFS- Vlad's comments that were in a few of yesterdays papers word for word have been added to the bottom of Celtics rant about Dundee Utd,

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/celtic/2009/07/20/celtic-return-fire-in-war-of-words-with-dundee-united-chairman-over-new-spl-broadcast-deal-86908-21534113/

Hugh's starting his Anti-Hearts rants early this season-complete kn0bjockey,

"But last night the Celtic spokesman-(Hugh Keevin) declined to get involved in a war of words with the man whose team finished 23 points behind the league runners-up last season".

The comments from the natives at the bottom are quite funny as Vlad has riled them.

Yet another wee bit today.

They manage to hi jack a dispute between Smeltic and Diddy Utd re tv rights and comments atributed to each other and turn it into another Anti Vlad rant.

He apparently says they are a "shallow club" and could get beat 5-0 in moscow.

The article however manages to name vlad specifically about saying these comments but in reply " last night the celtic spokesman declined to answer a man whos team finished 23 points behind the league runners up last season", He said " aye very good. We move on" ( is that no an answer?)

Point is they cannot name the person at the smellies who made such a specific comment (although they say they declined to answer) but can attribute comments once again to Vlad.

that was particularly weasely even by the record's sychophantic standards.

romanov made some unneccessary comments however it had no reference to hearts in it whatsoever. he's made comments about how he thinks (hopes more like) a russian team will beat celtic. for the daily record to attempt to ridicule him by pointing out the gap between celtic and hearts in the league table just shows the mindset of these clowns.

OF must be defended against unwelcome foreign maniac at all costs.

Drylaw Hearts
that was particularly weasely even by the record's sychophantic standards.

romanov made some unneccessary comments however it had no reference to hearts in it whatsoever. he's made comments about how he thinks (hopes more like) a russian team will beat celtic. for the daily record to attempt to ridicule him by pointing out the gap between celtic and hearts in the league table just shows the mindset of these clowns.

OF must be defended against unwelcome foreign maniac at all costs.

You also have to question the mindset of someone who tries to ridicule the team that finished 23 points ahead of his own.

Silverymoon92

Isn't it about time the DR ceased to exist. Their Journo's have nothing better to do than take digs at Hearts!

Is it compulsory to a have an extra set of chromosomes to work for this company?

It would be really funny if they did lose 5-0 in Moscow

Oh so True.

It would be really funny if they did lose 5-0 in Moscow

It would be even funnier if they lost 5-0 at the potato patch

You also have to question the mindset of someone who tries to ridicule the team that finished 23 points ahead of his own.

i've said the comments were not necessary. hearts have nothing to do with this whatsoever. romanov made the comments about the upcoming match between dinamo moscow and celtic. romanov may well own hearts but when he speaks... it's not hearts speaking.

the daily record were the ones who dragged hearts into it. they would have been as well to bring up the fact that celtic have previously cuffed kaunas in europe.... but they didn't. they would have been as well to bring up any number of things but they chose to insinuate hearts into something which has nothing to do with us.

If that was true, none of us would ever be in a position to say anything about Celtic.

Did he speak the truth? Yes, he did. 'Nuff said.

:smile:

Drylaw Hearts
i've said the comments were not necessary. hearts have nothing to do with this whatsoever. romanov made the comments about the upcoming match between dinamo moscow and celtic. romanov may well own hearts but when he speaks... it's not hearts speaking.

the daily record were the ones who dragged hearts into it. they would have been as well to bring up the fact that celtic have previously cuffed kaunas in europe.... but they didn't. they would have been as well to bring up any number of things but they chose to insinuate hearts into something which has nothing to do with us.

The Hearts owner made comments on another team within the same association - it's not too difficult to understand why we were dragged into it.

Drylaw Hearts
If that was true, none of us would ever be in a position to say anything about Celtic.

I think the difference between supporters and club owners speaking their mind in very different.

:smiley2:

VR has been very bitter towards Celtic since they won the SPL in 2005/06. His prat of a son made several thinley veiled accusations at an AGM also.

ToadKiller Dog

Another tabloid storm in a tea cup from the west coast rag trying to whip up a frenzy of hate .

Vlads right(if you actually read his full interview) the Russian league is stronger than the SPL .I would also expect Dynamo to beat Celtic all things being equal ,

Celtic are a Shallow club ie just another hard nosed business(as Dr Deaths comments over the TV deal show ) which plays at being some sort of morally just institution .

Refs like Wullie Young,Hugh Dallas have admitted that they treat the old firm differently .

Where is the argument ?

Its interesting

Every time Vlad opens his mouth about Scottish football he makes a cheap jibe about the old firm and another "hysterical" quip about referees. Never really says anything about Hearts.

If he were on JKB I'd have thought he'd be slated as being tedious, monotonous, a usual suspect that only continually moans about the same things....

We slag hobos for speaking only of Hearts. Yet our owner speaks only of old firm and is lauded as some sort of comical hero genius

Drylaw Hearts
Yet our owner speaks only of old firm and is lauded as some sort of comical hero genius

Yet all he does is make a fool of himself.

Its interesting

Every time Vlad opens his mouth about Scottish football he makes a cheap jibe about the old firm and another "hysterical" quip about referees. Never really says anything about Hearts.

If he were on JKB I'd have thought he'd be slated as being tedious, monotonous, a usual suspect that only continually moans about the same things....

We slag hobos for speaking only of Hearts. Yet our owner speaks only of old firm and is lauded as some sort of comical hero genius

Which just goes to show that secret of great comedy is as much about the delivery as the material itself. Things can be funny coming from one person while they fall flat delivered by another.

For example, look at the following line...

Yet all he does is make a fool of himself.

If that had come from somebody clever then it might be read as a double entendre and, whilst unlikely to produce any Pat Stanton moments, it could at least add some levity to proceedings.

Guest JamboRobbo

If that had come from somebody clever

always with the not very subtle digs at fellow posters eh. :qqb017:

always with the not very subtle digs at fellow posters eh. :qqb017:

Attacking the poster as opposed to the post as usual JR?

I think the difference between supporters and club owners speaking their mind in very different.

VR has been very bitter towards Celtic since they won the SPL in 2005/06. His prat of a son made several thinley veiled accusations at an AGM also.

In that case, it's nice to hear him sounding like a fan. With comments like that he fits right in. ;)

Guest JamboRobbo
Attacking the poster as opposed to the post as usual JR?

You are the man who chose to attack Drylaw. There was no need for that. I just pointed out what you did.

The Old Tolbooth
Another tabloid storm in a tea cup from the west coast rag trying to whip up a frenzy of hate .

Vlads right(if you actually read his full interview) the Russian league is stronger than the SPL .I would also expect Dynamo to beat Celtic all things being equal ,

Celtic are a Shallow club ie just another hard nosed business(as Dr Deaths comments over the TV deal show ) which plays at being some sort of morally just institution .

Refs like Wullie Young,Hugh Dallas have admitted that they treat the old firm differently .

Where is the argument ?

You do realise your not allowed to talk common sense on this thread don't you? :wacko:

:2thumbsup:

so the thread title is not right then,coz Vlad didnt speak to the record at all!

Think you will find thats why I put in 4 of these - ? Cos I was questioning if he spoke to the record. It now appears from others that he made the comments in the Russian media. I didnt think he spoke to that rag for one moment.

I still cannot understand why it is quoted when VR speaks but others get to hide behind " a spokesman said" ( well actually I know why but just dont like it would be a better description). You can bet your boots if someone from hearts made these comments to this rag they would be named. That was my point

Good to see that not everyone on this post is a complete Vlad-sheep. What an embarrassment these comments were to this club ...

Good to see that not everyone on this post is a complete Vlad-sheep. What an embarrassment these comments were to this club ...

Just to clarify and your reply is probably generally to this thread.

It may seem like I was defending Vlad by starting this. The actual aim although it may not have come across was again to highlight the press in this country for the biased lot that they are.

For the record (no pun intended) Vlad should shut up indeed anyone who talks about other teams they compete with should do likewise and concentrate on there own affairs. There have probably been many people inside the OF who have made comments about Hearts that have gone unreported as its no big deal. We are another story I think.

I didnt read the sundays fully yesterday but when someone suggested the comments had been copied and pasted from a Keevins article it enlightened me a Tad :2thumbsup:

We all have opinions, Vlad thinks Celtic will struggle to qualify for the group stages of the CL - Outrage and Madness....

Time will tell, I'd put my money on him being right.

Gokuzo_The_Jambo
Isn't it about time the DR ceased to exist. Their Journo's have nothing better to do than take digs at Hearts!

Is it compulsory to a have an extra set of chromosomes to work for this company?

Its only a matter of time...

marshallschunkychicken

Devil's advocate here.

By 'shallow club' could it not be a mistranslation - ie. Vlad saying that Celtic lack the depth required to compete against Dinamo?

I'd agree with him that the Russian League is far stronger, and more competitive.

On balance though, I do think he just loves a sly dig.

We all have opinions, Vlad thinks Celtic will struggle to qualify for the group stages of the CL - Outrage and Madness....

Exactly. It's bugger all to do with being pro or anti-Vladimir.

Guest JamboRobbo

And if he'd limited himself to saying that, he wouldn't have sad anything out of the ordinary.

But he didn't. He had a go at them (shallow club) and he had yet another not very subtly dig about referees. I hope it doesn't cost HMFC this time.

The Hearts owner made comments on another team within the same association - it's not too difficult to understand why we were dragged into it.

He answered a question in a Russian newspaper about Celtic's chances, or Mosocws, given his interest in Scottish football, there was nothing wrong in what he said, Celtic could get beat - I do not think they will - but they could.

As for owners not commenting on memebrs of their association, does that mean I can not, since I have shares, and therefore an owner?

Does that mean Celtic and Rangers couldn't when they criticsed other members about the TV rights and about the clubs who told them where to go when they kb'd their wish for a 5% cut in their ticket money?

What about St Mirren criticsing us for refusing to move a legaue match and losing money, because they moved a cup match to make money.

The fact is all clubs have a history of takjing about and criticsing others, not just Hearts, and in any case, this was not criticsim, this was Vlad just giving his opinion on football to a Russian journalist when he was asked.

Devil's advocate here.

By 'shallow club' could it not be a mistranslation - ie. Vlad saying that Celtic lack the depth required to compete against Dinamo?

I'd agree with him that the Russian League is far stronger, and more competitive.

On balance though, I do think he just loves a sly dig.

If this was a 'Yahoo Answers' page, then this would be listed as the 'Best Answer' and the thread closed.

gorgie rd eh11
Its interesting

Is it every time he opens his mouth about scottish football he makes a cheap jibe about rantic? Or is the only time the scottish football media report anything he says when they can have a go at him for making cheap jibes. (pointing out rantic get decision after decision isn't a cheap jibe it's the truth)

Drylaw Hearts
Which just goes to show that secret of great comedy is as much about the delivery as the material itself. Things can be funny coming from one person while they fall flat delivered by another.

For example, look at the following line...

If that had come from somebody clever then it might be read as a double entendre and, whilst unlikely to produce any Pat Stanton moments, it could at least add some levity to proceedings.

I'm deeply hurt and upset.

I may not even get to sleep tonight.

Drylaw Hearts
And if he'd limited himself to saying that, he wouldn't have sad anything out of the ordinary.

But he didn't. He had a go at them (shallow club) and he had yet another not very subtly dig about referees.

Yep.

Buffalo Bill

If Vlad has ruffled their feathers then I say more power to his elbow.

Hugh Keevins is an absolute spanker, and has a face like a Halloween cake.

Isn't it about time the DR ceased to exist.

Steady on! I got in trouble for merely suggesting, in passing, that he wasn't too clever! I think you may have taken that too far

Shockerooni, the pyramid of pish in towing the same line stunner.

:qqb017:

Sorry to be pedantic but as a matter of fact the correct phrase is toeing the line. Although "singing from the same hymnsheet" or "****ing in the same letterbox" might be a more apt metaphor.

Luckily you're posts are sufficiently smart and witty that you can get away with minor errors like that.

Keep up the good work

shaun.lawson

In what sense? The "shallow, degrading" club that is Celtic finished way ahead of us - and the only way of establishing the 'truth' of Vlad's comments beyond that is whether Dynamo beat Celtic. My best guess is, they won't.

For the avoidance of doubt: Keevins is a complete *******, and Vlad's comments made me laugh. He's a cheeky wee scamp - but 'truth' would've involved him saying something like "Hugh Keevins is a *******" rather than this. If I were a journalist (as opposed to a ******* like Keevins), and had no connection to either club (as opposed to a ******* like Keevins), I'd mention Vlad's remarks, seek a reaction from Celtic, then report it - and even I'd probably point out in passing that Hearts had finished 23 points behind them.

It is relevant - because if Vlad wasn't Hearts' owner, no-one would've asked him his opinion on Dynamo v Celtic. And put it this way: if, prior to our tie with AEK, the Celtic or Rangers owner had mocked our chances in the press, would you have just laughed? Or instead, seethed?

Sorry to be pedantic but as a matter of fact the correct phrase is toeing the line. Although "singing from the same hymnsheet" or "****ing in the same letterbox" might be a more apt metaphor.

Luckily you're posts are sufficiently smart and witty that you can get away with minor errors like that.

Keep up the good work

Can Vlad even get fined for this by the SFA? I saw one comment that called for him to be fined for the "shallow club" comment. Even if those comments were something he could be fined over, can the SFA fine him for something he said to the Russians?

colinmaroon

For 30 years before Vlad came anywhere near Hearts, I have bemoaned the unhealthy, hypocritical and self-centred choke-hold that the Ugly Sisters have had (and continue to have) on Scottish Football.

By the way, I hope Celtic get thumped 6-0 in Moscow, and I think they are extremely shallow as a club! So shallow you can see the skoobala lying on the bottom of their hypocritical little pond!!!

I hope Rangers get thumped 7-0 in their first game! Ditto additional comments above!!!

As far as some people are concerned that makes me a Vladsheep???!!!

Well, that's their problem, not mine!!!

Can Vlad even get fined for this by the SFA? I saw one comment that called for him to be fined for the "shallow club" comment. Even if those comments were something he could be fined over, can the SFA fine him for something he said to the Russians?

i think the authorities probably can fine us for it. they could have also fined jimmy calderwood and craig levein for some terrible comments last season but mysteriously chose not to.

which begs the question... which is worse? bent football authorities having the power to extort money from people for excercising their normal rights to free speech... or bent football authorities having such a free reign on things that they have the unquestioned ability to be selective on who they apply their bent rules on?

shaun.lawson
i think the authorities probably can fine us for it. they could have also fined jimmy calderwood and craig levein for some terrible comments last season but mysteriously chose not to.

which begs the question... which is worse? bent football authorities having the power to extort money from people for excercising their normal rights to free speech... or bent football authorities having such a free reign on things that they have the unquestioned ability to be selective on who they apply their bent rules on?

Both are as bad as each other I'd say. I've long deplored the complete refusal of football authorities to allow managers, say, to comment on referees - and then the selective punishments metered out. This chap deplores it too:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid_6580000/newsid_6581700/6581749.stm?bw=bb&mp=rm&news=1&nol_storyid=6581749&bbcws=1

The important stuff starts a bit before halfway in the clip. One for the Chelsea fans among us, I think.

It bothers me that I am no longer at all surprised to see people on here having a crack at Vlad for what is very little...

Vlad is based in Lithuanian and is an ethnic Russian who owns an SPL club and has other business interests and most likely contacts in Russia - of course the Russian media will ask him what he thinks! and of course he will give them the soundbite that they want! and of course he will have a wee sly dig at one of the OF! We OUGHT to love him for it, as it is what we'd do in his shoes, but no some on here who must reside in gloomy caves dripping with misery and depression, castigate him for being "embarassing" to the club and themselves...

Thank God I only ever see the likes of DL and JR on Kickback or I'd need to pop Prozac like my nephew eats Jelly Tots...

Tommy Wiseau
Shockerooni, the pyramid of pish in towing the same line stunner.

:qqb017:

I'd be shocked if there wasn't some severe cases of lockjaw kicking about, given how deeply inserted some tongues have been up others' arses for the length of time they have been.

Chad Sexington
I'd be shocked if there wasn't some severe cases of lockjaw kicking about, given how deeply inserted some tongues have been up others' arses for the length of time they have been.

Correct.

It's been nauseating to behold.

:boak:.

Is this still here?

Tbh, I find it difficult, in fact damn near impossible, to get upset about this. VR has said something stupid, again. This time it in no way impacts on us.

All I would say, and this is not enough to get me upset, it is not the sort of decorum I would like Heart of Midlothian officials to show when speaking in public. I would prefer if we maintained the siege mentality without using it to have a pop at others.

Archived