NFL fantasy football 2009 ESPN

Lt.Speirs

Just a couple of hours to go :10900:

Don't have any players in tonights game but it should be a good one looking forward to it.

Still not to sure whether to go with 3 WR's or RB's suppose I better make up my mind?!?!?!

no players tonight, well not on my kickback team, but i do have another 45 teams to contend with:21:

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't wait for the season to begin, hopefully ESPN will be wrong because I'm down for a heavy defeat!

My team depends a lot on how the old boys with dodgy health get on (Warner and Westbrook), although even my backup QB is under that category too as I picked up Favre.

I'm worried about my lack of top quality at WR but I've got a few solid reliable players. Just need a couple of the potential ones to step up. I'll either need to take a chance at this position or give away one of my stars in a trade.

Should be a good match tonight, probably low scoring. White better not steal any TD's away from Johnson otherwise the ESPN prediction will be on the way to being right!

no players tonight, well not on my kickback team, but i do have another 45 teams to contend with:21:

:10900:

I thought I was bad having 10 teams!

Sterling Archer
Can't wait for the season to begin, hopefully ESPN will be wrong because I'm down for a heavy defeat!

My team depends a lot on how the old boys with dodgy health get on (Warner and Westbrook), although even my backup QB is under that category too as I picked up Favre.

I'm worried about my lack of top quality at WR but I've got a few solid reliable players. Just need a couple of the potential ones to step up. I'll either need to take a chance at this position or give away one of my stars in a trade.

Should be a good match tonight, probably low scoring. White better not steal any TD's away from Johnson otherwise the ESPN prediction will be on the way to being right!

Ah so it's you im up against this week! I'd have been happy to take Johnson off your hands. What a bit of luck I had taking Caddy Williams in like the 9th round. He's jsut been confirmed as #1 on the bucs depth chart.

Ah so it's you im up against this week! I'd have been happy to take Johnson off your hands. What a bit of luck I had taking Caddy Williams in like the 9th round. He's jsut been confirmed as #1 on the bucs depth chart.

The battle has started for the match already! Typically Johnson had an average game (not that it was a surprise against the Steelers), but I think that was deliberate to try and force the trade to you :D

Just shows you that sometimes the late round picks can sometimes pay off. One thing with the fantasy games is that it's not predictable which I guess is part of it all. Needless to say the Cowboys better keep your RB's away from getting TD's!

Sterling Archer
The battle has started for the match already! Typically Johnson had an average game (not that it was a surprise against the Steelers), but I think that was deliberate to try and force the trade to you :D

Just shows you that sometimes the late round picks can sometimes pay off. One thing with the fantasy games is that it's not predictable which I guess is part of it all. Needless to say the Cowboys better keep your RB's away from getting TD's!

Yeah i think I got quite lucky that johnson had a poor game. Although the prediced outcome of our game was based on Bironas scoring 16 points. He got 5 :( .

It'll be alot closer than the predictions suggest. Alot of it is about how much effort people put into selections and free agents each week.

Yeah i think I got quite lucky that johnson had a poor game. Although the prediced outcome of our game was based on Bironas scoring 16 points. He got 5 :( .

It'll be alot closer than the predictions suggest. Alot of it is about how much effort people put into selections and free agents each week.

Is everyone ready for tonight, i`m struggling with my qb`s not the best of matchups but hopeing big things from mjd and my 2 wr

smith my rb from detroit has a great upside i just hope detroit dont fall to far behind early, so the start throwing the ball all the time.

Julius Jones just ran 62yards for TD. Gives me a shot at winning vs Queensferry Dolphins, Though I still need a big performance from Jay Cutler later tonight. I should have had Matt Hasslebeck in tonight instead, he's on 22points so far, 4th quarter to play.

With the way it's looking now, ESPN underestimated the level of hammering I'd get!

60 odd points down just now with three of my players still to go. The writing was on the wall when I play you when Brees goes up against Detroit!

Sterling Archer

yeah it's just bad luck i suppose! my choice of williams and ward from tampa turned out to be a fairly good one! to think I was trying to trade them away!

Nucky Thompson

I didn't realise the potential points that Defences could rake up:hat2: If I had known that I would have drafted a better Defence earlier.

Sterling Archer

I remember reading an article saying that Kickers and defence's are all pretty pointless trying to rank. Yes they can get alot of points but compared to each other it's not very many. There's always one defense that is amazing (the steelers last year) but they're the exception and not the rule.

Well my WR had an absoulute mare yesterday gaining me a massive 3, yes THREE points between them!!!! Raging be ringing the chages next week.

Drafted in Mario Manningham from the Giants who looked pretty useful yesterday.

Anyone else pretty disappointed with their opening game??

Well my WR had an absoulute mare yesterday gaining me a massive 3, yes THREE points between them!!!! Raging be ringing the chages next week.

Drafted in Mario Manningham from the Giants who looked pretty useful yesterday.

Anyone else pretty disappointed with their opening game??

yep me i thought i was on to a good thing with shockeys 2td then my qb and rbs both scoring tds but my wr were shi. still in with a chance as i`m only 12 points behind with my chargers playing tonight against the cronic raiders, also have fred jackson as my 3rd rb against new england tonight so i might just scrape through

Julius Jones just ran 62yards for TD. Gives me a shot at winning vs Queensferry Dolphins, Though I still need a big performance from Jay Cutler later tonight. I should have had Matt Hasslebeck in tonight instead, he's on 22points so far, 4th quarter to play.

thought i had you last night, then awoke this morning to find out of all people julius jones scored friggen 23 points, up to my chargers tonight and fred jackson to get 24 points,

go chargers

Sterling Archer

I got home just in time to find out that Javon Walker had been ruled out and was able to get Donnie Avery in his place. Wish I'd taken a gamble on Chansi Stuckey instead of the unfit Anquan Boldin as Stuckey scored 12 points. Not bad for a rookie.

Nucky Thompson

I am well and truly gubbed this week, unless my RB and WR score 51 points between them tonight:smiley2:

thought i had you last night, then awoke this morning to find out of all people julius jones scored friggen 23 points, up to my chargers tonight and fred jackson to get 24 points,

go chargers

You should just about win though, I think your projected now to win by a couple of points. Will be a close one.

What channel is monday night football on this year?

Can someone explain to me what a waiver order is? Cheers.

Also, Who would you have in your fantasy team Jay Cutler or MAtt Hasselbeck? Been offered a trade for Hasslebeck and wondering if I should accept, but he had a good opening game and maybe he will have a big season?

As far as I can see there is no monday night football on Uk Tv. What a joke that is, ESPN have monday night football in US so you'd think that ESPN America would show it? but nope.

go chargers

fred Jackson done the business for you, 100-98 the final score. Well done:2thumbsup:

Pretty happy that I was competitive, thought I'd end up being the whipping boys in this. If I get lucky I might sneak a play off, but Dolphins and Claymores look good. is it just a case of top 2 from each division? or is it the winners and the the 4 best records?

going to reject the offer made for Hasselbeck, Better to keep him and rotate him with Cutler depending on opposition. Cutler has Pittsburgh next and Hasselbeck has the 49ers so will stick HAsselbeck in for that one.

Anyone interested in trading a wide reciever?!?!

Injury to Gonzo this weekend coupled by some horrible performances has made me realise im really short at this position.

fred Jackson done the business for you, 100-98 the final score. Well done:2thumbsup:

Pretty happy that I was competitive, thought I'd end up being the whipping boys in this. If I get lucky I might sneak a play off, but Dolphins and Claymores look good. is it just a case of top 2 from each division? or is it the winners and the the 4 best records?

going to reject the offer made for Hasselbeck, Better to keep him and rotate him with Cutler depending on opposition. Cutler has Pittsburgh next and Hasselbeck has the 49ers so will stick HAsselbeck in for that one.

Good game jefferies it was a close one, the top 8 teams with the best record go through ie, 12 - 1 then so on last season we had 2 divisons with 4 going through and one divison had 3 teams in it. To be honest if you win your league you will almost be home and hosed. big one with claymores next week he had a good week.

Waivers is your chance to take players of the free agency list and drop one of your own players you will be ranked 1 to 16 so if you are 8th and someone is after the same player as you and they are ranked 7th he will get him you will not know untill waiver day if you have got him.

What's with the lame waiver system this year anyway? Having to wait a week just to get a free player is ****e, especially when it's that particular week you want them for.

No shame in losing to the best team last week :2thumbsup:

The waiver wire thing is strange and I've never understood why they aren't opened up immediately. Think you can still get them in time for the game if you are successful but you only find out Sunday morning which means that you have to scramble about in case you don't get them.

Well im staring at a 0-2 record.

the play-off dream is in tatters already.:43:

wow I may have clutched victory from the jaws of defeat. Pierre Garcon's first ever touchdown with 3 minutes left in the 4th Quarter to take a lead.

Its been a good game this, the Dolphins Offence have dominated the whole game. But Manning and Co look like getting the job done in the end. Don't think the Colts have a shot at it again this year. Not with that defence.

Well im staring at a 0-2 record.

the play-off dream is in tatters already.:43:

Could still make the playoffs mate i was 0 -2 last year also 1 - 4 and 2 -5 still managed to get 3rd place

Could still make the playoffs mate i was 0 -2 last year also 1 - 4 and 2 -5 still managed to get 3rd place

I actually ended up winning somehow, got very lucky

Still can't believe how I didn't win last week, just shows that you need a wee bit of the luck of the draw when it comes to the fixtures.

Thought I was cruising after Chris Johnson got me 60 points but Frank Gore's equally great game brought it closer. Gibby talked earlier about bringing in Manningham and shows it was a great move because that swung it his way in the end. Second highest total of the week and I still lost!

Now at 0-2 and unless I win this weekend, could be curtains for me. WR continues to haunt me and I might seriously have to consider giving up Johnson or Westbrook to try and improve all round.

Anyone interested in trading a wide reciever?!?!

Injury to Gonzo this weekend coupled by some horrible performances has made me realise im really short at this position.

I'd be willing to trade houshmanzadeh and/or michael jenkins for a starting running back.

Sterling Archer
Still can't believe how I didn't win last week, just shows that you need a wee bit of the luck of the draw when it comes to the fixtures.

Thought I was cruising after Chris Johnson got me 60 points but Frank Gore's equally great game brought it closer. Gibby talked earlier about bringing in Manningham and shows it was a great move because that swung it his way in the end. Second highest total of the week and I still lost!

Now at 0-2 and unless I win this weekend, could be curtains for me. WR continues to haunt me and I might seriously have to consider giving up Johnson or Westbrook to try and improve all round.

I've made you an offer for Johnson. If you're serious about giving him up I'm sure we can come to an agreement.

Yeh that one must of been hard to take having the 9th best scoring fantasy player ever and still getting beaten, but to be fair gore was only the second ever player in history (after barry sanders) to score 2 70 yard touchdowns in one game. I was looking for a qb all week because Garrard was playing so poor,got trent edwards, and what happens lose by 2 points and garrard outscores edwards by 3 typical. Need to win this week before week 4 as i have smith and jones out.

Hi Guys

I will be away to the states untill friday 2nd oct, so if there is any disputes, i will not be able to action anything untill then.

Good luck this weekend

Scottie.

Sterling Archer

if brees doesn't improve I'm set to record the lowest fantasy score for a week ever! I'm at a whopping 28 points just now!

Few NFL Questions from the newbie

Firstly,have they ever discussed or experimented with extending the length of the season? I know its a otugh demanding game, But I kind of wish it was maybe 20 regular season games as 5 or 6 months seems a bit short from a fans point of view. I know its probably a case of Quality over Quantity but Having to wait half a year for the season must be unbearable to the die hards?

Secondly how do they decide upon the fixture list? I realise each team plays others in the division twice, but how do they come up with the remaining 10 fixtures?

cheers

Sterling Archer

yes they have discussed extending the season, with the idea that 4 pre-season games is too much and using 2 of those games as regular season games. They've also considered this because they want to have more games abroad and this would allow them to do that without taking games away from fans in the US.

With regards to the fixtures,

* Each team plays the other three teams in its division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).

* Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).

* Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).

* Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).

yes they have discussed extending the season, with the idea that 4 pre-season games is too much and using 2 of those games as regular season games. They've also considered this because they want to have more games abroad and this would allow them to do that without taking games away from fans in the US.

With regards to the fixtures,

* Each team plays the other three teams in its division twice: once at home, and once on the road (six games).

* Each team plays the four teams from another division within its own conference once on a rotating three-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).

* Each team plays the four teams from a division in the other conference once on a rotating four-year cycle: two at home, and two on the road (four games).

* Each team plays once against the other teams in its conference that finished in the same place in their own divisions as themselves the previous season, not counting the division they were already scheduled to play: one at home, one on the road (two games).

Cheers for that :2thumbsup:

Sterling Archer
if brees doesn't improve I'm set to record the lowest fantasy score for a week ever! I'm at a whopping 28 points just now!

I can't believe I won with a score of 51 points, that's unbelievable.

Sterling Archer
I can't believe I won with a score of 51 points, that's unbelievable.

it's now just changed and saying I tied, 51 points each. How come Steve Smith got 38 yards and got 5 points??

I smell something fishy

EDIT: I've just realised he recovered a fumble, that he made! I feel screwed by that.

anyway willing to trade QBs? I have Cutler(bye week) and Hassselbeck(back in 1 week from injured rib). Ideally I want to trade MH who is Questionable for this weekend but expected back the following week. But I might be willing to even trade off Cutler for someone half decent. Any takers? guessing not...

newbie question, How many times can you throw the ball in one play? I saw the QB throw under arm to one of my fantasy picks, who then threw it into the end zone, caught for TD. Is there any limits on passing in one play? Cheers

Archived