NFL fantasy football 2009 ESPN

Lt.Speirs

Nucky Thompson

I'm going to have a go at another mock draft tonight if anyone is interested. They fill up fairly quick though.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will be doing one about 10pm if you want, try and do one with at least 12 players as its closer to the amount we have.

Nucky Thompson
I will be doing one about 10pm if you want, try and do one with at least 12 players as its closer to the amount we have.
OK. Will need to go on a pick one that starts at 10pm at about 9.40pm as the slots fill up quite quickly.

No probs going to watch a film so i should be on about 9.45, will put message on here when ready

Nucky Thompson
No probs going to watch a film so i should be on about 9.45, will put message on here when ready
No probs.

Hi Boo

Green bay draft 236312 10.15 (film is lasting longer than i thought) i am no5 pick

cheers

Nucky Thompson
Hi Boo

Green bay draft 236312 10.15 (film is lasting longer than i thought) i am no5 pick

cheers

Were you happy with the result:sorcerer: When are we looking to do the draft for real?

Not bad teams chuffed with westbrook/johnson/thomas at rb and roddy white/bryant at wr

Still awaiting another 3 teams to join will prob do 5 dates next week, and everyone can give me there preference most popular wins

Nucky Thompson
Still awaiting another 3 teams to join will prob do 5 dates next week, and everyone can give me there preference most popular wins
I see everyone has now joined :2thumbsup:

Evening guys

Thanks everyone for joining i can now get a date for the live draft. Please pick in order what your preference is 1 to 5 and we will do the most popular date. We might not get everybody but there is 16 of us so a couple of people might have to do a set draft.

dates as follows

sunday 2nd aug 8pm

monday 3rd aug 8pm

tuesday 4th aug 9pm

wed 5th aug 9pm

thurs 6th aug 8pm

Quicker i get replies quicker i can set it up.

thanks

Rick Grimes

the Tuesday is the Bolton game, so any one of those apart from Tues/Weds for me.

Nucky Thompson
the Tuesday is the Bolton game, so any one of those apart from Tues/Weds for me.
Sack the Tuesday for me then and change it to the Sunday or Thursday.

Think I will have to rely on the computer and hope I get lucky :42:

Working every night bar the Monday

Sunday or Monday would be perfect , Thursday night is doable.

Tuesday and Wednesday would be a struggle

Darth Ewing

Sunday would be the only one I can do. I think I will be working every other night.

So far out of 15 people i have 12 replies, they are as follows

Sunday 10/12 can make it

Mon 7/12

Tues 5/12

wed 4/12

Thur 8/12

so we can rule out Tues and wed elvisisgod what other day apart from Sunday can you do?

i will pm hmfc riley, tom heany, and martin and find out there preference, it looks like it will be either Sunday or Thursday. For the guys who can`t make one or both of these dates make sure you set your draft preferences IE first pick RB second RB third WR or you could end up with a pile of crap.

Good luck

So far out of 15 people i have 12 replies, they are as follows

Sunday 10/12 can make it

Mon 7/12

Tues 5/12

wed 4/12

Thur 8/12

so we can rule out Tues and wed elvisisgod what other day apart from Sunday can you do?

i will pm hmfc riley, tom heany, and martin and find out there preference, it looks like it will be either Sunday or Thursday. For the guys who can`t make one or both of these dates make sure you set your draft preferences IE first pick RB second RB third WR or you could end up with a pile of crap.

Good luck

OK so now see the times, if its 8pm, either for me

Guys it will be sunday then as we have 12/14 people 13/15 including me so far

8PM START I WILL SET IT UP NOW SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO CAN`T MAKE SUNDAY.

COULD EVERYON REPLY ON THIS THREAD THAT THEY WILL BE THERE, SAVES ME PM EVERYONE

THANKS

Rick Grimes

fine by me :)

for those that can't make it, its set up pretty well - not only can you pre-rank players, you can also set it to choose a specific position in each round. well worth taking 5 minutes over in case.

edit: just saw that you'd mentioned that. its worth repeating tho :D

Ibrahim Tall

Yeah, i'll be there. Only reason i didn't want Sunday was i'm going to a stag night on the Saturday so i'll probably still be ****ed by then. Just means i'll have to sort **** out in advance. :D

Nucky Thompson

How are we going to work out who gets what pick??

Order is selected at random by the computer.

Order is selected at random by the computer.

Good Stuff. Fingers crossed for number 1 then :qqb007:

Cheers

Gibby

Nucky Thompson
Good Stuff. Fingers crossed for number 1 then :qqb007:

Cheers

Gibby

I'm hoping for pick #4 or 5 :sorcerer:

Top 5 pick would be ace, I'll definitely be there!

Time to start cracking the research and get the knowledge in!

Nucky Thompson

Time to start cracking the research and get the knowledge in!

There are some cracking players in the lower reaches of the draft. It depends when you think the time is right to draft them:qqb007:

Sorry for late response, been quite busy. Sunday is good for me then, looking forward to it.

There's plus and negative points to having an early pick but research is crucial. Need to swot up before the draft!

Just been looking at the rules, wonder what everyone thinks.

Play offs start in Week 14 and it seems only four teams get into the play offs. Seems to be two legged matches for weeks 14 and 15, then the final for weeks 16 and 17.

Wonder whether we could increase the number of teams in the play offs especially as it gives more incentive for people to keep going if they get off to a poor start?

Guys it will be sunday then as we have 12/14 people 13/15 including me so far

8PM START I WILL SET IT UP NOW SORRY FOR ANYONE WHO CAN`T MAKE SUNDAY.

COULD EVERYON REPLY ON THIS THREAD THAT THEY WILL BE THERE, SAVES ME PM EVERYONE

THANKS

OKI DOKI :beta1:

Just a point Scott. Why the heck are we drafting so early. Season doesn't start for another 5 or 6 weeks and guys can get hurt. Typical drafts would be end of August

Also before I start my research how many teams do we have, what's the format and how do we score

Can't get into my ESPN account for some reason

Just been looking at the rules, wonder what everyone thinks.

Play offs start in Week 14 and it seems only four teams get into the play offs. Seems to be two legged matches for weeks 14 and 15, then the final for weeks 16 and 17.

Wonder whether we could increase the number of teams in the play offs especially as it gives more incentive for people to keep going if they get off to a poor start?

Hi Martin, i was looking at that to. Since there is 16 of us we can go season 1 -14 weeks and start the playoffs in week 15 straight knockout, no two legs

so top 8 teams on winning record

Just a point Scott. Why the heck are we drafting so early. Season doesn't start for another 5 or 6 weeks and guys can get hurt. Typical drafts would be end of August

Also before I start my research how many teams do we have, what's the format and how do we score

Can't get into my ESPN account for some reason

Hi Tom doing it early this year because i will be away for a couple of weeks shortly and again first week in September, in between i am busy most nights with work (new alcohol laws at work so i have plenty of staff training to do).

i will be giving each team 2 IR this year so if any player gets injured you will have the option of keeping him on that and replacing him.

team will be

1 QB

2 RB

1 RB/WR

2 WR

1 TE

1 KICKER

1 DEFENCE

8 BENCH

Was going to do linemen but it was to much hassle.

format see reply to previous post (martin0

scoring pretty standard will not go through it all here only extras i have done are

passing

50+ td bonus

400 yards bonus

rush

40+ yard bonus

200+ game bonus

receiving

as above with rushing

cheers

I've been trying my luck at some mock drafts today on ESPN, I'd advise all those who haven't tried one to give it a go.

It's tricky than first realised, needs a good bit of practice to get some strategy down

Draft is now set for 3pm ET 8pm our time tomorrow please join 1 hour prior to draft

scottie

Archived