NFL fantasy football 2009 ESPN

Lt.Speirs

Hi Martin, i was looking at that to. Since there is 16 of us we can go season 1 -14 weeks and start the playoffs in week 15 straight knockout, no two legs

so top 8 teams on winning record

Sounds good, gives everyone a real chance. Having brought up this idea, I reserve the right to complain when I have a good start and then get dumped out in the first round of the play offs :laugh:

Will try and be there around 7 tomorrow

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Tom doing it early this year because i will be away for a couple of weeks shortly and again first week in September, in between i am busy most nights with work (new alcohol laws at work so i have plenty of staff training to do).

i will be giving each team 2 IR this year so if any player gets injured you will have the option of keeping him on that and replacing him.

team will be

1 QB

2 RB

1 RB/WR

2 WR

1 TE

1 KICKER

1 DEFENCE

8 BENCH

Was going to do linemen but it was to much hassle.

format see reply to previous post (martin0

scoring pretty standard will not go through it all here only extras i have done are

passing

50+ td bonus

400 yards bonus

rush

40+ yard bonus

200+ game bonus

receiving

as above with rushing

cheers

Cheers Scott, Thanks for that, My main concern with the early draft is that its tough as you may not know who is going to a be a teams RB for example, you draft someone then find out that by the end of training he is back up. But I guess thats the same for us all. Would have been nice to wait another couple of weeks though as this is early.

Well thats me getting my excuses for a poor draft in early:42:

I'm looking for a fantasy football premier league thread ,does someone have a link to it please?

I need 20 posts to search through the threads :10800:

Going to have to get some revision in this afternoon, don't know my arse from my elbow when it comes to whos the best players in the NFL. I know most of the QB's and a few RB's, thats it.

Still i might just get lucky

Nucky Thompson
I'm looking for a fantasy football premier league thread ,does someone have a link to it please?

I need 20 posts to search through the threads :10800:

This is the thread you're looking for. It started last season so go to about page three for this seasons info.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=21699&highlight=fantasy+premier+league

Just doing a mock draft now to get a hang of things, its quite a simple procedure actually. The troubles will be trying to get the right players in obviously:smash:

Just doing a mock draft now to get a hang of things, its quite a simple procedure actually. The troubles will be trying to get the right players in obviously:smash:

Think it's also about getting the strategy right, drafting players at the right time

Some games there are margin for error because you can always pick up good players throughout the season that haven't been drafted but not in this game because there will be very few good undrafted players. The later rounds will probably be pot luck but could prove crucial.

Sterling Archer

I'll be there at 7, does anyone know how long it's gonna take? I really can't wait...btw as madden is out on the 14th just wondering if anyones getting it and would be interested in an online franchise?

Hi guys

Draft list

1.goldenacre giants

2.darth ewing

3.scottish claymores

4.queensferry d

5.the boo boys

6.kiwis

7.broncos

8.green bay

9.invershneck

10.sighthill

11afros

12.pats

13.raiders

14.chargers

15.69ers

16.mayo

good luck

where do we go for our draft? I clicked the link i got from the email yesterday saying our draft was today...and that takes me to the page where our standings and fixtures are on the left hand side. But Im not sure now where to go??

where do we go for our draft? I clicked the link i got from the email yesterday saying our draft was today...and that takes me to the page where our standings and fixtures are on the left hand side. But Im not sure now where to go??

there should be writing in red at the top which will launch the draft

saying draft room is open

cant find the red writing, or anything that says draft

are you logged in to the website top right hand corner

Try the league kickback 2009,

then home it then should be in big bold writing in the middle

Everyone happy with there draft results then??

i'll tell you in the new year:sorcerer:

My running backs are pretty cack. But happy with my first choice WR,TE, defence and QB isn't bad either.

Sterling Archer

I'm very happy with mine...although it could be a bit hit or miss.

hopefully darren sproles gets more carries this year and the rookies i picked come good...

anyone take a huge gamble?

Reasonably pleased with my lot of players. Potentially a bit weak at WR but I've got plenty of depth so surely a couple of them will come good.

Think a lot of my early picks were gambles though. Westbrook has had injury problems, Warner is obviously getting on in years and McFadden plays for the Raiders. If they do the business, I'm confident I can make the play offs but if not then I'm in trouble.

Sterling Archer

i think im in the same boat...i took chad ochocinco who if carson palmer has a good season could be an excellent choice. he's a bit of an enigma though!

Nucky Thompson

anyone take a huge gamble?

I took a wee bit of a gamble by drafting Carson Palmer after his injury last season. I knew I could probably pick him up in the 4th round leaving me to concentrate on 2 decent RB's and a decent WR in the first 3 rounds.

Have to say i`m well chuffed with my team. Last year i came 3rd but i had shi.e RBs, only thing that saved me was i was a bit of a dell boy going week to week picked up FA dependent on the waivers, 65 in all!!!. So this year i went for stronger backs i was surprised i managed to but MDJ and even more surprised to get Kevin smith on round 3 in a 16 team league, Roddy white will be strong again this year, but i`m more worried about Antonio Bryant for the buccs one hand they have no strength in depth, so he will see more of the ball but QB they are struggling. David Garrard was a top 10 QB last year so he sneaked in low. Fred Jackson for buffalo could be good for the first couple game this season if marshawn lynch is suspended. Lesean coy will be the new Westbrook and crabtree will score alot of tds in his first full season. Chargers will be better this year with merriman back. Hoping for at least a playoff spot

• 4 weeks later...

Giving this thread a quick bump and letting everyone know that Michael Jenkins (700 yards and 3 touchdowns last year) is on the trading block for me. I've got too many WRs and I'm looking for a running back in return. Noticed a few teams have the opposite problem and I'm more than willing to negotiate an offer.

Sterling Archer

same as above, if anyone wants to take a look at my trade block i'm willing to negotiate. desperately needing a rb.

Sterling Archer

if some of you guys would like to check i've proposed some trades, im very happy to negotiate though!

Nucky Thompson
actually they drafted him in the hope that he'd get picked up by a team!
Did they? Good call as he can play in week 3, but I don't think he'll shift Donovan McNabb as the starter though.

Sterling Archer

the way mcnabb plays (scrambling out of the pocket occasionally) there's a good chance of an injury which could make taking vick a good choice.

Did they? Good call as he can play in week 3, but I don't think he'll shift Donovan McNabb as the starter though.

That was me. :coolgleamA:

Could have done with him being at a weaker team than the Eagles but still think he should do decent enough, there's a good chance McNabb might pick up an injury and at the very least Vick should be one 3rd/4th quarter. Got Aaron Rodgers aswell so he'll only be back-up anyway.

Start of the season only a week away!! Can't wait!

Everyone confident about how well their teams will do? I was a bit discncerted with Favre's return seeing as how he's a gunslinger and I took his team's RB (peterson) with my first pick. Wait and see if he hands it off a lot.

Bit worried also about my lack of a quality WR, I bravely/stupidly took Brandon Marshall but he seems to be doing everything possible not to be on the field so hopefully that will iron itself out.

Still, GO GIANTS!!

:2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

Everyone confident about how well their teams will do? I was a bit discncerted with Favre's return seeing as how he's a gunslinger and I took his team's RB (peterson) with my first pick. Wait and see if he hands it off a lot.

Bit worried also about my lack of a quality WR, I bravely/stupidly took Brandon Marshall but he seems to be doing everything possible not to be on the field so hopefully that will iron itself out.

Still, GO GIANTS!!

I'm really looking forward to the new season this year and I love the fantasy game:2thumbsup:

Nucky Thompson

Have Sky got the NFL coverage this year? There is nothing on their website and nothing on their listings for next Sunday:hat2:

Nucky Thompson
Aye it's still on Sky. Link

First game's the Steelers v Titans on Thursday/Friday, it's down as 'TBA' in the Sky planner just now.

Channel 5 still have their usual games aswell.

Good news, I was starting to get worried. No mention of Monday night games.

Good news, I was starting to get worried. No mention of Monday night games.

It's not been 'bought' yet or atleast announced, had heard ESPN were favourites to get it.

Still, GO GIANTS!!

Wouldn't worry to much about the Favre thing mate. The Vikings will still be a run first offense and Peterson will still be their franchise player.

Re: Brandon Marshall I would maybe be willing to trade for him?!?!

Sterling Archer

I'm fairly happy with mine. Bit disapointed that Raheem Morris wants to run a 3back set up at TB and that Derrick Ward won't get all the carries.

I've overstocked on quality WR's and have been trying to get a top 10 rb. I'm happy to consider trading anyone though.

Glad i picked up Stafford and Henry now, as the both are named as starters for there respective teams.

Hi guys

New season is almost underway and espn have put up the first week`s predictions

Good luck

Dolphins 118 v 88 69`ers

claymores 93 v 97 kiwis

75`ers 111 v 97 raiders

steelers 75 v 56 patriots

giants 107 v 67 colts

bengals 82 v 99 chargers

cowboys 79 v 91 green bay

broncos 75 v 89 buck eyes

:2thumbsup:

Sterling Archer

They predict me to win :o

wow. football guys said that with GREAT inseason management i only had a 55% chance of making the playoffs.

Season Kickoff thursday night, Steelers v Titans.

Does anyone have an interest in that game? (points wise)

I've got 'fast' Willie Parker, RB for the steelers but nowt else:th_o:

Sterling Archer

I'm swithering whether to use chris cooley or heath miller. If I go for Miller I'll be keeping an eye on it.

I've also got Titans kicker Rob Bironas who i'll be counting on for points!

Just a couple of hours to go :10900:

Don't have any players in tonights game but it should be a good one looking forward to it.

Still not to sure whether to go with 3 WR's or RB's suppose I better make up my mind?!?!?!

Archived