NFL fantasy football 2009 ESPN

Lt.Speirs

Hi Guys,

Will try and set up a league within the next 4 weeks. Is anyone interested? and how do they want to do it auto/own draft.

Following guys were in it last year.

Martin Gray

Jordan Thompson

Mike Ewing

Craig Mcbride

Douglas Waterson

Roddy Campbell

Dean Taylor

Jamie and Clark Sanderson.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I'm in. Least I don't have to set it up it this year! Starting in plenty time is ideal because it gives us plenty chances to get it up and running.

Agree with JT, real draft is the way to go.

Darth Ewing

Yeah I would be up for doing it again. Not to sure if i would have time for a real draft. I cant believe it's not that long till NFL starts again.

Yeah I would be up for doing it again. Not to sure if i would have time for a real draft. I cant believe it's not that long till NFL starts again.

Yeh quick year, what about owens going to the bills? and cutler going to the bears.

Sterling Archer

i'd be in...i've been looking for a league to join...definately real draft though.

I'll play

Would prefer real draft too, although realise it could be very difficult to organise

I'd like to join in if possible, wasn't in it last year.

Can envisage a lot of planning with a date for the live draft tho!!

Guys will look at setting this up on Sunday ie how many teams and how many divisions and how we want to play ie 2 qbs will get back to you then.

Guys will look at setting this up on Sunday ie how many teams and how many divisions and how we want to play ie 2 qbs will get back to you then.

By my count that's eleven we've got so far that want to play. Maybe wait and see how many we've got in a few days, give people a bit more time to indicate if they are interested or not.

The type of game (like size of squads and how many positions) will probably depend on how many teams we've got? Depends also on how much detail people want, I don't mind.

Yeh quick year, what about owens going to the bills? and cutler going to the bears.

Can't wait for it to come back. Got to love Sunday nights in front of the telly watching it. As a Bronco fan, it'll be interesting to see how Cutler does. He's got the talent but he's not the smartest QB.

Hi Guys thats eleven of us so far anybody else who wants to join, please indicate before 7pm tonight as i want to start to create the league, then i can try and get a date for the live draft.

I'll join. Though someone will have to give me a heads up about whats involved in a draft. Only been watching NFL for two years, but enjoying it.

I fancy using some defensive positions this year what are your thoughts?

Nucky Thompson
Aye, go for it.

Rick Grimes

not so keen on that tbh, but if the majority want it then its fine.

Going to set it up today will send you a pm with the code so you can all log on there is 14 of us.

provisional dates for draft will be put up once i have set the league up.

Right i have 15 players looking for 1 more player so i can have 4 divisons of 4 and hopefully either have 2 from each div into playoffs which means i think normal season of 11 weeks and then 6 weeks of playoffs.

PLEASE SEND ME YOUR TEAM NAMES AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO I CAN FINALISE THE LEAGUE, THEN I CAN START LOOKING AT DATES FOR THE LIVE DRAFT.

Nucky Thompson
Still need 1 more team please
If there is still one team to fill, I think Tom Heaney is interested.

no probs 1 place still left, chip butty and rossi-1983 i still need a name can you send it by tomorrow night or i will have to make your name up.

no probs 1 place still left, chip butty and rossi-1983 i still need a name can you send it by tomorrow night or i will have to make your name up.

Man In Black....You have a P/M from me

Sorry for late reply, not been online for a couple of days. If you ain't made up a name for me yet, I'll have Caledonian Chargers!

Sorry for late reply, not been online for a couple of days. If you ain't made up a name for me yet, I'll have Caledonian Chargers!

no probs

Right guys can you pm me your email address so i can send you invites to the league.

Nucky Thompson
Right guys can you pm me your email address so i can send you invites to the league.
Done:sorcerer:

Guys it might be an idea if you have never done a live draft on espn before, do one of their mock drafts.

Guys it might be an idea if you have never done a live draft on espn before, do one of their mock drafts.

when will you be planning on doing the draft?

Once everyone has joined, which will hopefully be by tomorrow night, i will put out a list of maybe 5 dates for the draft and which ever gets the most votes will be it. If someone cant make it they will just have to do auto draft for their picks unfortunately

Nucky Thompson
How do I go about doing this?

Go on to the espn website and sign in

1.go to fantasy football.

2.under the picture of tomlinson it says in yellow mock drafts and auctions click it

3.it will bring up draft rooms starting soon pick one but make sure its a snake draft rather than a auction draft.

4if you are planning on doing one shortly reply back and i will do the same one as well

Rick Grimes

its easy enough. we get randomly assigned 1-16 & go in that order, then reverse it from pick 17 and so on.

I'm in a mock draft just now. Really enjoyable:sorcerer:

How did you get on?

Think it's going to be pretty tricky this time around with 16 teams but should be good. Definitely going to require a little bit of reading up on players, particularly for the second half of the draft to try and pick up a few bargains.

Yeh i was thinking that when i started off, but i didnt want to turn anyone away, but as you said there are a few sleepers in there with alot of upside.

Archived