Hearts sign Bouzid (merged)

JamboRossi79

They're coming from the "he's only played X amount of games in X amount of years" stance to try and discredit it......hmmmm exactly the same as our friend in Drylaw. I wonder?????

Gimps. utter gimps.

By the way, anyone else thinking this guy could be......can I say it........Captain material?:th_o:

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Johanes de Silentio
Why make it public? I much prefer to read about already done deals.

Publicity stunt! :2thumbsup:

Johanes de Silentio

Wow - didnae see this coming - looks like another good signing! :2thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

Interesting signing.

It's good we've sorted out the defence early in pre season so they can get some games together and develop a partnership at the back.

Like everyone else I await a couple of strikers and that should see us good to go for next season - I think Elliot's going to come good and hopefully Glen will kick on next season so we just need to bring in a couple of strikers to and we'll have good strength in depth.

John Findlay

Weedgie press will be boaking. They did their best to intimate that Csaba's talks with Romanov would go pear shaped. They then had him linked with a couple of jobs down in England that have once again come to hee haw and now they have no idea who we are signing. Chick Dung will really be peed off as he cannae gie us his breaking news from Tynecastle scenario with BBC Radio Scotland understands.

Keep it up Hearts I have no problem with the club announcing signings via the website after the player has signed.

John

shaun.lawson

Just a note of caution here, folks. Galatasaray and Kaiserslautern might be well known European names - but he only played 10 games in Gala's title winning year, Troyes were in Ligue 2 last season, and Kaiserslautern in the German 2nd Division in his year there in 06/7. His last club, where we signed him from, struggled in the Turkish top flight - and you have to wonder about a player who's moved from club to club every single year.

That makes him a gamble - but at our level, all signings are. That he has pedigree and is an international is great; and I'm sure our manager will get the best out of him. Sorry if this post sounds downbeat: just thought it was worth looking at his background, before expectation gets too high!

Welcome to Tynecastle, Isma?l! :2thumbsup:

John Findlay
Just a note of caution here, folks. Galatasaray and Kaiserslautern might be well known European names - but he only played 10 games in Gala's title winning year, Troyes were in Ligue 2 last season, and Kaiserslautern in the German 2nd Division in his year there in 06/7. His last club, where we signed him from, struggled in the Turkish top flight - and you have to wonder about a player who's moved from club to club every single year.

That makes him a gamble - but at our level, all signings are. That he has pedigree and is an international is great; and I'm sure our manager will get the best out of him. Sorry if this post sounds downbeat: just thought it was worth looking at his background, before expectation gets too high!

All signings are gambles whether they are Ronaldo at a reported ?80M or Buzid to Hearts.

Alan Shearer springs to mind. Signs for Newcastle for ?15M and not long after was out injured for 18months.

John

shaun.lawson
All signings are gambles whether they are Ronaldo at a reported ?80M or Buzid to Hearts.

Alan Shearer springs to mind. Signs for Newcastle for ?15M and not long after was out injured for 18months.

John

Oh, absolutely! You might argue that the biggest clubs can afford those gambles (eg. Man Utd and Owen) whereas others can't, but I certainly take your point. Purely going on pedigree and background, incidentally, the signing I'm most encouraged by so far is Kucharski. Lech Poznan are a good, steadily improving club, and he was a mainstay there as well as being a former captain of Poland U21s.

And if signings like Bouzid and Kucharski give us a bit more calm and composure, a bit more cultural capital, if you like, that must bode well for our prospects in Europe too.

Another signing, surely not, what about our firesales??

Any Hobonomocists care to comment since most of you seem to prefer our board to your own??

tick..........

True Hearts supporters will be going threw MEANY varying emotions (shock and excitement included) Cynicism and diversion? I agree withe you. Come on the Hearts. FTH.

Listening to his interviews he comes across very well, seems mature for his age and professional. Would rather have a guy with this type of european experience to be honest than any of the defenders in Scotland we could afford. I think this guy will be a good signing.

Nice one Vlad/Csaba!:10900:

Marmeladent?rtchen

Agreed, I'm wondering why he only stays at a club for one year before moving on!

The part of the article on the official site i liked is the quote from Csaba himself.

Manager Csaba Laszlo was delighted to secure one of his top summer targets,having tracked the centre-half for some time.

"He is a good experienced player that can help us," he said. "We have had him on our radar since last season"

The Gasman
i hope he does his talking on the park

i wonder what his english is like?

Probably better than Gary Locke's was !

:10900:

shaun the wages rumoured to be available and the standard of the SPL means every player we sign is going to be a gamble and come with some sort of littered history. We can't afford to sign finished articles or model professional international players. This guy is an international who has played at some decent clubs. IMO he is the best we can hope for.

He may turn out to be pish but I think he is a good signing. :10900:

Certainly more exciting than Barr in my opinion. Have to say though I am surprised at the number of people now stating they are happy Barr is not coming when everybody on the BArr thread seemedd to think he was the dogs bollox, except this slavering hobo erse apparently :-)

The signings we've made bear similarities to other players who have arrived in recent years, done well, and, subsequently, left, so they should be sufficient to see us secure third again. I think, however, it is safe to presume, given the pattern of signings this summer, that we will not be signing Lee Miller or anyone else currently plying their trade in the SPL.

We_are_the_Hearts

Well done Hearts. Csaba said we needed 2 Centre Halfs, a right midfielder, a central midfielder and 2 strikers. That's Kuvarschi, Bouzid, Suso and Black in place, very happy with they 4 signings.......................................just need the Strikers now:2thumbsup:

Agreed, I'm wondering why he only stays at a club for one year before moving on!

Could be any number of reasons one of which being that he was always second fiddle to the established centre backs at each club. This is of course pure conjecture on my part.

I think at 25 he may be ready to take command of a teams defence rather than take instructions from another defender.

Enough speculation though.

I like the look of the signings we have made so far and hope that they all improve our clubs performances in the coming season over last.

Oh yes welcome Ismael

Geoff Kilpatrick

Very welcome news. One question though - are there any work permit hurdles we need to get over first? After all, the urinated trousers taxi driver gets to sit on these panels.

We_are_the_Hearts
Very welcome news. One question though - are there any work permit hurdles we need to get over first? After all, the urinated trousers taxi driver gets to sit on these panels.

If you read the article on the Hearts website you would know he has a French/Algerian passport :10900:

will this guy probably be a muslim.only ask cos hibs always seemed to lose benji and zemmama around the time of ramadan(sp)or i could be wrong.

Being Algerian probably 90% chance he is. Ramadan runs from 20th August till around 20th September this year.

Thing is he can still play, it's just feckin difficult cos he cant eat or drink (or ride!) during daylight hours which obv isn't condusive to pro sport.

Bigger worry would be the African Nations cup which i think is in Jan or Feb.

Not being negative though. Well done Hearts and welcome Izzy Boo!

Guest GhostHunter

It's interesting to note, that none of the press, save for a copy n paste job at the Hibsman, have picked up on this...

:D

That's the 2 defenders sorted out and signed, now we await the striker....

Bootboy100

On paper I am delighted with that signing. Excellent pedigree and played for some decent clubs.

I assume we no longer have an interest in Darren Barr if that part of the defence is now closed??

Also do we still require a right back??

Geoff Kilpatrick
If you read the article on the Hearts website you would know he has a French/Algerian passport :10900:

Thanks. To be quite honest, I can't be bothered going near the official site these days - I rely on KB!

Drylaw Hearts
Throw yourself off a bridge, go on. End the pain you're clearly going through.

How rude.

I was merely pointing out how little they had played recently.

I wasn't aware that would put me on suicide watch.

Then these boys will be desperate to play.

What would make you happy Drylaw, id like to know?

Who said I wasn't happy ?

If you had enough brains and concentrated on the posts and NOT the posters you would have noticed an earlier post from me saying the lad had a decent pedigree.

22 games last season, and 10 for a club the size of Galatasaray the year before?

Doesn't sound too bad to me.

According to Wiki :

16 matches for Ankarag?c? last Season

7 for Troyes the Season in 2007/08

10 for Galatasary in 2006/07

He's averaged 11 matches per season over the last 3 Season and thats not a lot.

Gigolo-Aunt

A good forward and I will be happy.

Hopefully there is an ace up Vlad's/Csaba's sleeve.

Goals pay the rent.

I'm happy with this signing because thats the defence sorted out and it stops us going for Barr who is an ok defender but nothing special. Quite funny that the press never got wind of this.

On paper I am delighted with that signing. Excellent pedigree and played for some decent clubs.

I assume we no longer have an interest in Darren Barr if that part of the defence is now closed??

Also do we still require a right back??

Nope - Csaba stated recently that he is giving Eggert Jonsson that position with the Thomsons as back-up.

Shabba said

"Now we have him, Marius Zaliukas and Dawid Kucharski with Ryan McGowan and Jose Goncalves, who can also play central defence, we can close this part of our squad."

never mentioned the left back or right back....but I would imagine that wallace and Obua are the left backs (Obua not great @ LB) Johnsson and Thompson right backs.

I would like to see us sign a decent R/L back that can play both sides so we did not need to use Obua there if wallace is ever out......Im happy enough with Johnsson and Thompson on the right as I think Shabba will cement it into them whats needed to play there.....Just not sure If Obua could cover for Wallace.

Im am delighted with how things are going though....feck it, Im gonna say it...I think we can get closer to the OF this year....they are rank and not looking any better than average. :2thumbsup:

Being Algerian probably 90% chance he is. Ramadan runs from 20th August till around 20th September this year.

Thing is he can still play, it's just feckin difficult cos he cant eat or drink (or ride!) during daylight hours which obv isn't condusive to pro sport.

Bigger worry would be the African Nations cup which i think is in Jan or Feb.

Not being negative though. Well done Hearts and welcome Izzy Boo!

I might be wrong in saying this but if drinking or eating is seen as lifesaving i.e. not to dehydrate, then you can during Ramadam - but only if its sole purpose is to keep you from passing away during the daylight

Marmeladent?rtchen
Could be any number of reasons one of which being that he was always second fiddle to the established centre backs at each club. This is of course pure conjecture on my part.

I think at 25 he may be ready to take command of a teams defence rather than take instructions from another defender.

Enough speculation though.

I like the look of the signings we have made so far and hope that they all improve our clubs performances in the coming season over last.

Oh yes welcome Ismael

Aye,,,, bring on Dundee United!! :2thumbsup:

cosanostra

Welcome Ismael.

Hope your time with Hearts is long and successful.

All we need now is a right back and maybe a striker or two.

Drylaw Hearts
They're coming from the "he's only played X amount of games in X amount of years" stance to try and discredit it......hmmmm exactly the same as our friend in Drylaw. I wonder?????

Oh dear.

They really are a bit dim out there in the wilderness.

What part of this are you ignoring......

Good stuff.

The lad seems to have a decent pedigree.

Guest JamboRobbo
Looks like Darren Barr will not be signing then with Csaba saying " we can close this part of our squad " personally im happy that we wont be paying 300k + for a very average defender. Looks like Csaba can focus on strikers now and thats what we really need.

Agreed. Sounds like an excellent signing, and one Csaba has been tracking. thats the defence sorted. Get the strikers sorted and we'll be all set for next season.

Gigolo-Aunt
Welcome Ismael.

Hope your time with Hearts is long and successful.

All we need now is a right back and maybe a striker or two.

No maybe about it mate - its crucial we beef up the forward line.

Guest GhostHunter
Oh dear.

They really are a bit dim out there in the wilderness.

What part of this are you ignoring......

I know it's Drylaw, but it's hardly the wilderness.

:)

cosanostra
No maybe about it mate - its crucial we beef up the forward line.

They were talking about spending some cash on Barr so hopefully, Csaba will have the bucks to get in some strikers. I'd still like us to sign Lee Miller.

Drylaw Hearts
I know it's Drylaw, but it's hardly the wilderness.

:)

:smiley2:

Macmerry is an Industrial Estate with a couple of house around it for Uncle Zac and his wife/sister.

Happy with the signing on two levels. Firstly he looks good and secondly shows the media up for what they are-useless. They just make it all up. Should just give them unpaid leave during the close season.

We_are_the_Hearts
Shabba said

"Now we have him, Marius Zaliukas and Dawid Kucharski with Ryan McGowan and Jose Goncalves, who can also play central defence, we can close this part of our squad."

never mentioned the left back or right back....but I would imagine that wallace and Obua are the left backs (Obua not great @ LB) Johnsson and Thompson right backs.

I would like to see us sign a decent R/L back that can play both sides so we did not need to use Obua there if wallace is ever out......Im happy enough with Johnsson and Thompson on the right as I think Shabba will cement it into them whats needed to play there.....Just not sure If Obua could cover for Wallace.

Im am delighted with how things are going though....feck it, Im gonna say it...I think we can get closer to the OF this year....they are rank and not looking any better than average. :2thumbsup:

Goncalves and Park will be the cover at Left back.

Gigolo-Aunt
They were talking about spending some cash on Barr so hopefully, Csaba will have the bucks to get in some strikers. I'd still like us to sign Lee Miller.

Miller would the superb.

Although Im holding out on us signing an Italian striker who is bad for team morale and goes on strike around Christmas after Hearts refuse a bid from a Premiership side.

I appreciate that option is not for everyone though.

Guest GhostHunter

Macmerry is an Industrial Estate with a couple of house around it for Uncle Zac and his wife/sister.

Hehe

Rick Grimes

I was expecting no signings after Ian Black, so to have strengthened the squad in the areas we need to with players with a decent pedigree is fantastic news.

Best off season for a long time - this could be the start of something beautiful. :)

Clerry Jambo
It's interesting to note, that none of the press, save for a copy n paste job at the Hibsman, have picked up on this...

:D

That's the 2 defenders sorted out and signed, now we await the striker....

It was in the Express Dex.....you need to start looking at decent papers:10900:

Haddington Jambo

steady on, Macmerry has an industrial estate, (incidentally just outside macmerry so i can see your confusion), but is a very nice place to reside :10900:

and no i'm not uncle Zac

Goncalves and Park will be the cover at Left back.

Good point mate...Forgot about Goncalves for LB....shabbas fault for saying jose could play CB...allthough I know he can play both...Matty Park...He aint seen any 1st team football and would have thought Obua would improvise instead but Jose being avail would put that one to bed.

Drylaw Hearts
steady on, Macmerry has an industrial estate, (incidentally just outside macmerry so i can see your confusion), but is a very nice place to reside :10900:

I'll take your word for it Uncel Zac.

Archived