Hearts sign Bouzid (merged)

JamboRossi79

Is Bouzid the same nationality as Bougherra and Hemdami?

Both Rangers players have done very well since moving to Scotland.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
I can't wait to call him by his number.

I'm hoping it's 28 - I miss that number like you wouldn't believe.

Walter Kidd
I'm hoping it's 28 - I miss that number like you wouldn't believe.

That would make me moist.

The Old Tolbooth
On paper I am delighted with that signing. Excellent pedigree and played for some decent clubs.

I assume we no longer have an interest in Darren Barr if that part of the defence is now closed??

Also do we still require a right back??

I really hope the part highlighted is true mate, I mean look at Bouzid's CV compared to Barr's?

Barr - Played for Falkirk from 1994, went on loan to Forfar and then came back again, played for Scotland B and 1 cap for Scotlands full side (whoopee doo), and they want over half a million for him :stuart:

Bouzid - Played for Metz, Union Berlin, MC Algiers, Kaiserslauten, Galatasaray, Troyes and Ankarag?c?, and comes free, it's a no brainer really. :2thumbsup:

Bouzid has some impressive clubs in his locker, however Csaba has broken with tradition and signed a player who is a tad old for him, he's 25!

Charlie-Brown

How touching of those Hobo trumpets to be concerned about the apparent lack of recent first team games by some of our new signings ..... maybe these *******s should be more concerned that their own teams signings & targets include goalie Mark Brown who's played a grand total of 13 games for Celtic between 2007-2009 and young Danny Galbraith who hasn't yet played a first team game for anyone anywhere EVER ..... :)

Jambosimmy
Is Bouzid the same nationality as Bougherra and Hemdami?

Both Rangers players have done very well since moving to Scotland.

Yes

Exciting times for the Jambos. Not felt this excited since the summer of 05/06 season!!

Roll on the 15th August!!

Teuchterjambo
I can't see Zaliukas dropping out at the back, so maybe Bouzid or Kucharski have been earmarked for the Karipidis role?

Well he won't be around for a good while at the start of the season and hopefully in his absence these other guys will perform well and form a good central defensive partnership.

That would relegate Zaliukas to squad player which would make me very happy - cannot get my head round the people on here who reckon he is the business. Liability in terms of discipline and erratic in terms of performance but sun shines out of his anus to some on here - if he is an automatic first choice then we are not the standard we need or hope to be.

BTW - Don't buy all this Zal captain talk from Csaba, I reckon he is just throwing names in and keeping his options open till he gets his full squad in place then he'll make his choice.

The People's Chimp

Straight out of nowhere.

BANG!

Have to say I'm very pleased with this signing. Good work Csaba, very good work.

According to Wiki :

16 matches for Ankarag?c? last Season

7 for Troyes the Season in 2007/08

10 for Galatasary in 2006/07

He's averaged 11 matches per season over the last 3 Season and thats not a lot.

So, slightly MORE than Zal manages at Hearts due to the red mist :2thumbsup:

Very welcome news. One question though - are there any work permit hurdles we need to get over first? After all, the urinated trousers taxi driver gets to sit on these panels.

He is French by birth but plays for Algeria.

They were talking about spending some cash on Barr so hopefully, Csaba will have the bucks to get in some strikers. I'd still like us to sign Lee Miller.

WILD stab in the dark here, but with Miller currently on trial at court for wreckless driving things have been very quiet on that front.

Nothing would be likely to be announced until after the trial is finished.

Not saying I know anything (cos I don't), just saying though.

marshallschunkychicken

Seems a really positive signing, and Csaba appears very pleased.

Happy with this.

Hans von Luck
I'm in danger of getting just a wee bit excited......

You are not getting mixed up about a bidet again Flogel are you ? :10900:

:smiley2:

Macmerry is an Industrial Estate with a couple of house around it for Uncle Zac and his wife/sister.

Macmerry isn't the biggest of places but it's got a good few loyal Hearts fans living there.

Well you say that and I'm not sure I can disagree

BUT

the players we fans would most like to see the back of are

Zali

Kingston

Nade

and guess what

they've all been injured for our German games.

Is this co-incidence or what?

I dont think so

Fedotovas has spoken of offers being on the table for some players and it would surprise me if each of those werent in that group - in addition to Driver.

Maybe wishful thinking but I dont think its coincidence

Anyone know how long these new players are signed up for? I think Black and Suso have 3 year deals and I'd assue it would be the same for Kucharski and Bouzid but the official site doesn't seem to mention it.

Dr. Bapswent

How does a player who has played at those clubs still have acceptable wage demands?

Or are we paying big money for this fella?

Again - a considered and targetted signing.

Very pleased.

Interesting that if you take the general consensus that you should have 2 players per position in your squad, Csaba has quoted the 5 guys he considers are vying for the 2 positions.

Its reading between the lines, so subject to abuse, but it does suggest we might be selling, or looking to sell, one of Jose or Zaliukas.

Drylaw Hearts

Its reading between the lines, so subject to abuse, but it does suggest we might be selling, or looking to sell, one of Jose or Zaliukas.

I'm with you on that - One of those 2 will go.

I suspect they'll be trying to get rid of Jose due to his probably high salary and I get the impression Zal doesn't really want to be here.

It wouldn't bother me if both left.

Chad Sexington

What a nice surprise to log on to JKB and find we've signed an international defender with a good pedigree.

I'm starting to get excited about the coming season.

Bring in Lee Miller and I'll be moist. :smiley2:

Guest JamboRobbo
What a nice surprise to log on to JKB and find we've signed an international defender with a good pedigree.

I'm starting to get excited about the coming season.

Bring in Lee Miller and I'll be moist. :smiley2:

But then what would there be left for us all to argue over? :10900:

Chad Sexington

Hehe.

Trust me. We'd find something. :10900:

Depends if Zaliukas stays or not.

Charlie-Brown
Again - a considered and targetted signing.

Very pleased.

Interesting that if you take the general consensus that you should have 2 players per position in your squad, Csaba has quoted the 5 guys he considers are vying for the 2 positions.

Given the high level of their wages then it wouldn't surprise me if Hearts tried to get loan-deal or buyers if possible for the likes of Kingston, Nade & Goncalves.

I think Zaliukas after his 3 game suspension will be a mainstay in defence beside Bouzid with Kucharski possibly (based on Csaba's comments) being used in a defensive midfield role similar to where Karipidis played for much of last season.....we do like our defenders in midfield afterall..... :)

Another thing is with international matches, CIS cup games and at least 2 but possibly 10 Europa league games to be played prior to Christmas then some of our players could be playing midweek & weekend fixtures almost every week for the best part of 3-4 months if we make it into the Europa groups, so with that in mind having a slighty bigger squad in terms of numbers would be required to cope with injury, suspension and resting players .... we might also see some squad rotation being necessary if the demands on some players (especially those involved with international squads) gets too heavy.

Monsieur Maroon

Nice one, another promising sounding signing by the big man, sounds like a player who will do well for us! :smiley2:

Out of curiosity, has anyone had the pleasure of seeing him play in the flesh?

Monsieur Maroon
I really don't get this Lee Miller love in.

Snap! I know he's Scottish and had a good spell with us before but I really wouldn't be to fussed if we signed him or not. Can't see us spending cash on him either tbh.

Drylaw Hearts
I really don't get this Lee Miller love in.

Snap! I know he's Scottish and had a good spell with us before but I really wouldn't be to fussed if we signed him or not. Can't see us spending cash on him either tbh.

He's a pretty consistent SPL goalscorer.

Chad Sexington

Correct.

Something we desperately need.

Macmerry is an Industrial Estate with a couple of house around it for Uncle Zac and his wife/sister.

Haha you Emmerdale watching *******, anyone living in Drylaw should probably just keep their mooth shut about others boroughs.

I read your first post, so, you gave a semi positive post an then went about reverting back to type with the follow up. Its a new signing with a good pedigree and you still want to have a greet about it, your first post was just a pre-emptive so you could say "i posted this, what you on about".

maltese jambo

How much of a transfer fee would he command ?

Drylaw Hearts
Haha you Emmerdale watching *******, anyone living in Drylaw should probably just keep their mooth shut about others boroughs.

I read your first post, so, you gave a semi positive post an then went about reverting back to type with the follow up. Its a new signing with a good pedigree and you still want to have a greet about it, your first post was just a pre-emptive so you could say "i posted this, what you on about".

I'd didn't greet you trumpet - I simply made an observation on the number of matches they played.

I could have pointed out that they didn't score many goals or something but I thought pointing out they hadn't played that reguarly over the last couple of years was worth noteing.

P.S

I've never watched an episode of Emmerdale in my puff.

cosanostra

I'd say 400k to 500k would be a fair price.

Probably way more than we could afford considering he is unlikely to have any real sell on value.

Drylaw Hearts

Surely that is a question that only Aberdeen FC can answer.

Thig Ar Latha

I think that Lazlo could be using Miller as a smoke screen in the same way he used Darren Barr.

Mentioning Darren Barr to the Press and they believed that a bid was iminent and he pulls the Algerian CH out of a hat. Who knows who else (if anyone) may be signed shortly after mentioning Lee Miller, but I doubt it will be Lee Miller.

I'd didn't greet you trumpet - I simply made an observation on the number of matches they played.

I could have pointed out that they didn't score many goals or something but I thought pointing out they hadn't played that reguarly over the last couple of years was worth noteing.

P.S

I've never watched an episode of Emmerdale in my puff.

I thought it was worth noting the only folks interested in that side of it were the vermin on hibs.net.

Monsieur Maroon
Surely that is a question that only Aberdeen FC can answer.

You would probably have a guess of upwards of ?500k. In times gone by Miller for that price might be a good shout, but maybe not now. I think my issue is the way he's been portrayed as Hearts saviour, whereas I would much prefer a cheaper alternative who could do an equally good or better job. Of course I have no names but you hopefully Shabba does!:2thumbsup:

8 league goals last season (according to Wiki at least).

Questionable attitude.

?500,000 + Transfer fee.

I think we could do better, especially for the money that presumably would be involved.

Csaba seems to have quite a widespread scouting network, or contacts at least.

Drylaw Hearts
I thought it was worth noting the only folks interested in that side of it were the vermin on hibs.net.

Really ?

I think your just talking crap just for the sake of it.

You are questioning my credentials as a Hearts fans because I've commented on how many matches our new CH's have played yet you don't even know me.

If we sign a player I haven't heard of I like to have a look at his career stats.

If we sign a striker tomorrow who scored 30 goals in each of the last 3 season would I be allowed to comment on that ?

It appears the only stats that are allowed are super-positive ones to please modedit like you.

Drylaw Hearts
You would probably have a guess of upwards of ?500k. In times gone by Miller for that price might be a good shout, but maybe not now. I think my issue is the way he's been portrayed as Hearts saviour, whereas I would much prefer a cheaper alternative who could do an equally good or better job. Of course I have no names but you hopefully Shabba does!:2thumbsup:

I think he's being portayed for exactly what he is - a pretty decent goalscorer.

We've hardly had them queing up over the last couple of years.

8 league goals last season (according to Wiki at least).

Questionable attitude.

?500,000 + Transfer fee.

I think we could do better, especially for the money that presumably would be involved.

Csaba seems to have quite a widespread scouting network, or contacts at least.

Correct young man, including his attitude whenplaying us. Don't want him.

I think its valid to look at appearances and question why they might be low.

Is he injury prone?

Is he not good enough to be first choice for a good squad?

Is he not good enough to be first choice for a bad squad?

This isnt being negative, just inquisitive

He sounds like a decent signing, but for us to get an international player more likely than not 1. it isnt going to be a big international team, and 2. he is unlikely to be first choice for a team like Galatasary (for example)

As Dr Bap mentioned though - what are his wages likely to be?

I think we do need to take some gambles on signings to get them to Hearts - but we now need to ensure we are on manageable weekly wages, and not taking Pinilla style gambles

So can we assume that we have now signed two of the mystery five players who were over in Lithuania at the weekend?

Drylaw Hearts
So can we assume that we have now signed two of the mystery five players who were over in Lithuania at the weekend?

Good point.

The Pole

The Algerian

The Austrian

Damn Pesky Lith #1

Damn Pesky Lith #2

Csaba's hopes of signing Scottish players are fading fast.

Denny Crane
Just a note of caution here, folks. Galatasaray and Kaiserslautern might be well known European names - but he only played 10 games in Gala's title winning year, Troyes were in Ligue 2 last season, and Kaiserslautern in the German 2nd Division in his year there in 06/7. His last club, where we signed him from, struggled in the Turkish top flight - and you have to wonder about a player who's moved from club to club every single year.

That makes him a gamble - but at our level, all signings are. That he has pedigree and is an international is great; and I'm sure our manager will get the best out of him. Sorry if this post sounds downbeat: just thought it was worth looking at his background, before expectation gets too high!

Welcome to Tynecastle, Isma?l! :2thumbsup:

You just had to spoil our rare optimistic outlook!! :10900:

2371842988_6f1877343f.jpg

Monsieur Maroon
I think he's being portayed for exactly what he is - a pretty decent goalscorer.

We've hardly had them queing up over the last couple of years.

Tbh, if Bistokids stats are correct it doesn't really back him up as a consistent goalscorer, although still better than what we have and wouldn't complain if he joined us. Would still hope there were better options on our radar.

Denny Crane
Good point.

The Pole

The Algerian

The Austrian

Damn Pesky Lith #1

Damn Pesky Lith #2

Csaba's hopes of signing Scottish players are fading fast.

Is Ian Black Lith#1 or Lith#2?

Drylaw Hearts
Is Ian Black Lith#1 or Lith#2?

Eh.............

Neither.

But only because he wasn't one of the Mystery 5 in Lithuania over the weekend.

Drylaw Hearts
Tbh, if Bistokids stats are correct it doesn't really back him up as a consistent goalscorer, although still better than what we have and wouldn't complain if he joined us. Would still hope there were better options on our radar.

He's scored roughly 1 in 3 in the SPL.

Archived