Hearts sign Bouzid (merged)

JamboRossi79

Denny Crane
Eh.............

Neither.

But only because he wasn't one of the Mystery 5 in Lithuania over the weekend.

It is just that you said: "Csaba's hopes of signing Scottish players are fading fast." I was pointing out that he has signed one.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Drylaw Hearts
It is just that you said: "Csaba's hopes of signing Scottish players are fading fast." I was pointing out that he has signed one.

Csaba indicated that he wanted more Scots AFTER the signing of Black.

Lee Miller has a SPL record of 148 apps 40 goals - 1 goal per 3.7 games.

Not a bad record in comparison to what we have.

But not exactly prolific. Nearly a 1 in 4 record.

Is there someone out there who could better that and be affordable to Hearts. I'd say yes.

Charlie-Brown

With Jamie MacDonald, Mark Ridgers, Jason & Craig Thomson, Johnny Brown, Johnny Stewart, Stephen Husband, David Templeton, Gary Glen, Ryan Wallace & Jamie Walker etc there's plenty potential for more young Scottish players to break into the first team & squad over the coming season & next couple of years.

Drylaw Hearts
With Jamie MacDonald, Mark Ridgers, Jason & Craig Thomson, Johnny Brown, Johnny Stewart, Stephen Husband, David Templeton, Gary Glen, Ryan Wallace & Jamie Walker etc there's plenty potential for more young Scottish players to break into the first team & squad over the coming season & next couple of years.

Which is the preferred option for everyone I'd think.

Hopefully some of these boys will turn to be decent. No Lith Fest either as of yet which is always encouraging, I just wish we'd sign a striker. The thought of starting the new season with Nade, Clum and Mole upfront depresses me. FFS sign someone, anyone!

Dr. Bapswent

So no answer...

Is this guy on huge wages or what? Considering the clubs he has played for previously...Id imagine his wage demands are rather high?

Im pleasantly surprised by this signing. He definately has a good pedigree, and has been with some top clubs; and i don't care how many games he's played in the past season. He's a Hearts player now and im sure he's going to play many games in a successful season (Hopefully) :10900:

Well done to Vlad and Csaba for getting these players in the door early as it gives the team plenty time to gel.

Now for the news of a Striker or two please :2thumbsup:

Ryan Gosling
Hopefully some of these boys will turn to be decent. No Lith Fest either as of yet which is always encouraging, I just wish we'd sign a striker. The thought of starting the new season with Nade, Clum and Mole upfront depresses me. FFS sign someone, anyone!

I'm beginning to worry, we should make a panic buy like Nade as we've only got 5 weeks and 2 days until the start of the new season.

Buffalo Bill

I wish for him all the best. Hopefully his slightly nomadic career can slow down for a few years by staying with us.

Hard as nails central defence now.

We done Csaba. You sure must have charmed the pants of Romanov the other week.

looks to be a very good signing and one out of the blue, just like the kucharski signing.

we are starting to get that ultra united nations look about us again and i just hope that past difficulties are not revisited in terms of the collective squad being... well not quite as collective as you would like.

Ryan Gosling
Miller would the superb.

Although Im holding out on us signing an Italian striker who is bad for team morale and goes on strike around Christmas after Hearts refuse a bid from a Premiership side.

I appreciate that option is not for everyone though.

I like this post.

Drylaw Hearts
So no answer...

Is this guy on huge wages or what?

Who do you expect to answer you ?

Before the signing was announced there wasn't even a whisper about this guy so I'm not sure how you expect anyone to actually know how much his salary is.

looks to be a very good signing and one out of the blue, just like the kucharski signing.

we are starting to get that ultra united nations look about us again and i just hope that past difficulties are not revisited in terms of the collective squad being... well not quite as collective as you would like.

I think the problem was you had too many of one foreign nationality in the Kaunas guys. Its only human nature that if there are a lot of your own in one place away from home you'll hang around with them. It was, nonetheless, one of the flaws in the system employed at the time

The variety of nations now should prevent cliques forming

Chad Sexington
So no answer...

Is this guy on huge wages or what? Considering the clubs he has played for previously...Id imagine his wage demands are rather high?

Who exactly are you asking?

Do you expect someone on here to know?

I think the problem was you had too many of one foreign nationality in the Kaunas guys. Its only human nature that if there are a lot of your own in one place away from home you'll hang around with them. It was, nonetheless, one of the flaws in the system employed at the time

lets hope not. it would be daft to let the same thing happen again.

to allow factions to return would represent MISMANAGEMENT!!!!!

oh christ, i've come down with it now.

Dr. Bapswent
Who do you expect to answer you ?

Before the signing was announced there wasn't even a whisper about this guy so I'm not sure how you expect anyone to actually know how much his salary is.

Who exactly are you asking?

Do you expect someone on here to know?

Eh, wait a minute....

Its a football forum, its a question asking if anyone has any idea....

Some people do background on these things it would appear...

Or maybe just peoples opinion....are we paying out big wages now, or trying to reduce wage bill?

is that ok?

Jeez, you'd think this was a football forum of something....

I'm beginning to worry, we should make a panic buy like Nade as we've only got 5 weeks and 2 days until the start of the new season.

To be fair we've been looking for over 2 years! Pretty much since Velicka left, and no sign that they're going to get it right or are even looking at the right type of player, the best they could come up with was Tullberg ffs. Personally i'd have taken Higdon, better than anything we have and a decent SPL goalscorer.

marshallschunkychicken
Lee Miller has a SPL record of 148 apps 40 goals - 1 goal per 3.7 games.

Not a bad record in comparison to what we have.

But not exactly prolific. Nearly a 1 in 4 record.

Is there someone out there who could better that and be affordable to Hearts. I'd say yes.

Does that include the 11 or so goals he scored with us?

That's a great point. Same thing happened at Gers a while back with all the Dutch players. Advocat built a really good side there, but even then they still managed to fall out as soon as things got a bit tougher (ie MON arriving at Celtic).

At least there's little chance of an Algerian clique anyway...

welcome Ismael

I like this signing think he has a good pedigree and just need a steady manager to mould him into a decent player.

Who we can perhaps get a million or two for in the future.

Im working and aint got time to read all the previous posts, id just like to say this is the most exciting pre season in years and when we go to united on the first game, as the players come out the tunnel i will close my eyes and dream of winning the league.

Lets get right into them i love being a Jambo more than anything in the world.

Its great to have my hope back!!

I'm really pleased witht the way things are going so far.

I think it shows through here in Glasgow too as mates who support the evil and the darkness haven't been taking the **** out of my being a weegie jambo of late.

Long may that continue

:2thumbsup:

:10900:

John Gentleman

Charlie, I think you can add the McGowans in there too. OK, they were both born in OZ, but to Scottish immigrant parents. So, if they're anything like my laddie, they think of themselves as Australian but 'culturally' Scottish. In other words, 'Scotland is hame away fae hame'.

Armageddon

Dare I say it but the lad, like the other boy, looks ... big ... and phyisical ... imagine he turns out to be honest and Scottish ???

I have a feeling this could be an interesting season.

Charlie-Brown
Charlie, I think you can add the McGowans in there too. OK, they were both born in OZ, but to Scottish immigrant parents. So, if they're anything like my laddie, they think of themselves as Australian but 'culturally' Scottish. In other words, 'Scotland is hame away fae hame'.

I'd agree John and you could probably add fellow Aussie Matty Park into that category as well but i omitted them from my list in fear of pedantry :smiley2: I assume Rocco Visconte family is of Italian origin?

I think this could be a decent signing for us, let's have a striker next, and for me, he does not need to be Scottish, jsut decent - even half decent will be better than what we have got.

I also think it is good we are signing players no-one has mentioned and do not appear to be signing the ones we have been linked with - it shows the press do not really know what is going on and increased my confusion on why people on here say Vlad has lied to them if we have not signed a player a newspaper, or a Kickback poster with supposed information, has linked us with.

sorry if it's been asked already but does anybody know how long he has signed for?

colinmaroon
will this guy probably be a muslim.only ask cos hibs always seemed to lose benji and zemmama around the time of ramadan(sp)or i could be wrong.

I'll have a wee word with him, if you get my drift!!!

Agreed.

There are worse defenders than Barr but apart from being on the small side he is not anything special anyway.

That said, I have not seen this guy and might wish we had signed Barr but he does seem to have a decent pedigree.

I wondered if Csaba might have thought about playing Barr in the defensive midfield role that he had Karapidis playing in rather than an out and out Centre Back.

But it would appear that the natter is now closed and we will not be signing him.

John Gentleman
I'd agree John and you could probably add fellow Aussie Matty Park into that category as well but i omitted them from my list in fear of pedantry :smiley2: I assume Rocco Visconte family is of Italian origin?

Aye, Rocco is from Italian origin; but he and the McGowans all played for the same club - Para Hills - roughly about the same standard as the Scottish 2nd Division. The Adelaide suburb of Para Hills is very much a Scottish/English enclave and that's reflected in their playing style - a 'flexible' 4-4-2 with the emphasis on attack and ball possession. A sort of hybrid British/Continental style is the best way I can put it. That style of play could also be applied to Australian football in general. Given Csaba's similar approach, the OZ kids would adapt to it very quickly, climate apart!

All three, I'm informed from my sources, were sponsored by Para Hills SC to play in Scotland, therefore costing zilch to Hearts.

http://www.parahillssc.com/

No longer active
welcome Ismael

I like this signing think he has a good pedigree and just need a steady manager to mould him into a decent player.

Who we can perhaps get a million or two for in the future.

Whilst I agree on paper he looks a sound purchase, since when do we buy sign someone to sell on? FFS lets just get somke solid players who do the jersey proud and concentrate more on the football and less on the accounts.

I for one enjoy watching the football; i don't give a toss about the finances, (albeit understand the need to sell to balance the books).

I might be wrong in saying this but if drinking or eating is seen as lifesaving i.e. not to dehydrate, then you can during Ramadam - but only if its sole purpose is to keep you from passing away during the daylight

Aye, that's bang on mate. But I doubt playing football is an esseential act in the eyes of the qur'an!

That's more saved for the likes of doctors who have to work during daylight and must be on their toes, or pregnant ladies, stuff like that.

Anyway - he may well be athiest! Let's hope so!

As for debating the new signings. I'm more than happy with them only because they seem to all intents, to have been targets which have come good. Hopefully that means they are players. We'll wait and see I suppose. All we (you, actually, as i'm abroad these days, unfortunately from a supporting points of view) can do is get right behind them and give them a good Tynie welcome and remain behind them even if they eff up a couple of times.

rab obanheartsno1

keep the good work up csaba,a couple of strikers and we are set to go,cant wait till the season starts.

Miller would the superb.

Although Im holding out on us signing an Italian striker who is bad for team morale and goes on strike around Christmas after Hearts refuse a bid from a Premiership side.

I appreciate that option is not for everyone though.

You missed the hairband.

:2thumbsup:

if the lad's half as good as Bougherra then we've got a gem.

would think he's on decent wages here given his age & clubs he's previously played for.

hopefully he'll live up to expectations as do all the new signings. :10900:

Seem to remember a wee deabte on this thread about number of games he had played. Least think it was on this but cant be ersed going throiugh all posts.

Well lets say we are lucky we didnt sign his fellow north African (Tunisian) team mate from his Turkish club.

What the fek was he doing from 98-2008:hat2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo%C3%AFn_Chaabani

Bootboy100

I am all for us signing good Scottish players however if we can get a player of different nationality who is as good if not better for cheaper then I would rather we stick with that policy.

I have no doubt Csaba wants a Scottish contingent in the team but we shouldnt be mugged off from other teams.

Cardiac Rucksack

He's 6foot3 he's got a tan, he doesn't eat at ramadan. Ismael bouzid hearts centre half. Nananana nana nana. Song for tannadice.

Here's a goal he scored for Istanbul's weeteam!!

Good technique for a centre half.

Guest jambomickey
I am all for us signing good Scottish players however if we can get a player of different nationality who is as good if not better for cheaper then I would rather we stick with that policy.

I have no doubt Csaba wants a Scottish contingent in the team but we shouldnt be mugged off from other teams.

agree with that but i'd also like to see more scottish players signed up aswell.

agree with that but i'd also like to see more scottish players signed up aswell.

For me, if they are average and dear, and we can get ones that are better, or equal, but for cheaper - I would rather have the latter - they will have the added bonus of being less in awe of the Old Firm and being Old Firm wanabees.

Ray Winstone

We can go out and buy a load of guff Scottish players just to please you then.

Kevin Twaddle still around?

Guest jambomickey
We can go out and buy a load of guff Scottish players just to please you then.

Kevin Twaddle still around?

you know i don't mean gash like that, we've bought good scottish players in the past like webster, pressley, hartley etc, i'm not saying we should sign only scottish players though.

Guest jambomickey
For me, if they are average and dear, and we can get ones that are better, or equal, but for cheaper - I would rather have the latter - they will have the added bonus of being less in awe of the Old Firm and being Old Firm wanabees.

i agree with you 100%, if we get a similar quality player cheaper by all means go for it.:2thumbsup:

Ray Winstone
you know i don't mean gash like that, we've bought good scottish players in the past like webster, pressley, hartley etc, i'm not saying we should sign only scottish players though.

Whats the difference?

If they are good enough then thats fine with me.

It should not matter where they are from.

Archived