A Shakesperean Mafia Tale

Groot

00023650.jpg

Bigsmak - Friar Laurence, was dead. He could protect himself from the goons but apparently couldn't save himself from Veronans stupidity!!!!!:smiley2:

Could I get a PM from the remaining Capulet please?

Arf Arf, we couldent get him so you done it yourself's.

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ffs. we just gotta hope the goon can do us a favour tonight and take out the other goon

Just as the realisation of what they had done began to sink in, Lady Capulet took the opportunity to strike to take out one of the louder Veronans.......

It wasn't pretty.......................

Maxi - Innocent Veronan is no more

It is now day, 8 players remaining, 5 votes for a kill

next deadline is Saturday at 9pm

BoJack Horseman

I query why the goon would kill Maxi? When he was the one drawing the most suspicion and likely to be killed by the town? Unless one goon thought they were getting the other.

aye its a bit of a strange one, unless whoever thought that by taking him out, would implicate townies (ie me) who he was trying to get lynched?

Damn, I was hoping one goon might go for the other.

I think now's the time that the mason has to step up and perhaps sacrifice themselves because we have to get someone next time around. That was why I got confused about Bigsmak, he didn't chip in with thoughts about who the goon might have been.

The odds are still on our side but we need all townies and the mason to get heavily involved in the next round.

woooooo

idiots.. I'll haunt you all you bar stewards..

woooo

PS....I can't believe that Maxi was innocent.. Still I'm glad he is dead!

woooooooo

who knew? about bigsmak. Who knew?

wooooooooooooooooo

Not big jock then? stein.jpg

4. Kitster

13. Beverley

15. Borthers

16. Paddy

17. Pugsy 93

20. jambopompey

22. Martin

23. jam tartan

Right here's the players left. The only consolation from the last round is that at least Borthers is still there, so it helps us slightly.

Rick Grimes
Damn, I was hoping one goon might go for the other.

I think now's the time that the mason has to step up and perhaps sacrifice themselves because we have to get someone next time around. That was why I got confused about Bigsmak, he didn't chip in with thoughts about who the goon might have been.

The odds are still on our side but we need all townies and the mason to get heavily involved in the next round.

christ, even I know the remaining mason knows **** all.

vote Martin

woooooooooooooo

Of course Maxi was innocent.

Reverse Psychology :D

As I asked - why did you change your minds, in such a short space of time....

wooooooooooooooooooooo

christ, even I know the remaining mason knows **** all.

vote Martin

What a surprise, trying to influence people again. No surprise that at various times you jumped on the bandwagon for Maxi and Bigsmak.

Who knows whether the mason learnt anything earlier on though. When you are at this stage, roled players have to try and talk for the side they are on. As I said before that was the problem with Bigsmak, if you don't drop hints or be seen to try and help, how are you supposed to know you are on the same side. Same goes for Maxi there on a different level, but to an extent I can see why he did it to try and find who the goons were.

jambopompey
What a surprise, trying to influence people again. No surprise that at various times you jumped on the bandwagon for Maxi and Bigsmak.

Who knows whether the mason learnt anything earlier on though. When you are at this stage, roled players have to try and talk for the side they are on. As I said before that was the problem with Bigsmak, if you don't drop hints or be seen to try and help, how are you supposed to know you are on the same side. Same goes for Maxi there on a different level, but to an extent I can see why he did it to try and find who the goons were.

one investigation goon, you have let slip.

vote martin

I didn't know the full story behind the masons, I thought they were allowed more investigations than that. My mistake. This is still only my third game and I've been a townie each time.

But as usual, anyone who posts a lot gets questioned. Despite the fact it's obvious that the goons are hiding in the lower half, yet again.

Considering the amount of effort I've put into my posts, as well as actually trying to come up with some sort of logic, it's pretty harsh.

Then again for all I know, perhaps it's you two that have voted for me that are the goons.

Post count of those that are left.

Martin 66

Beverley 41

paddyhmfc 39

kitster 31

yvonnejambo 29

jam tartan 28

Borthers 26

jambopompey 25

Pugsy 93 18

Sexton Hardcastle

Jees,

I go out for a few hours and you guys have almsot cost us the game. SBE of the highest order!

Going from whats left you seem to have started a mini pile up on martin. Shall i join in and try to get this game done or go with my previous feelings- which now seem pretty evident.

Vote Beverley

any reason for your vote on me paddy?

its a wrong vote, but i'd be interested in hearing why you voted me.

i'm still unsure of you & kitster, but martins post was interesting as it does look like a slip up, but i've done that myself cos i don't always read the threads properly and just steam right in.

holding off for now cos we have to get this right

Sexton Hardcastle

Well im sure your all smart enough to gather i was offline when the vote happened meaning i could only be the "other goon" at worst. You came in to sway alot of votes that seemed to have been pretty stuck on Maxi. Even tho we lost him anyway, which is a further sbe by the remainging goon it could suggest a bit of a newbie player going off the rails.

Thinking along those lines may suggest you, beign a seasoned pro at these game, would not have the brains to do that. So maybe it is one of the newer players - Pompey/Kister/Martin/Jam Tartan.

Im pretty sure its not Pompey. Not sure why, just a gut feeling. Arghh, this isa tought one.

Unvote Beverley

Vote martin

See if this works then. Get it ouver quickly

thats why i'm holding my vote for now

martin is almost too easy a choice, but the fact that maxi was murdered in the night DOES suggest to me a less experienced player, or just someone taking random pot shots

Great stuff everyone. After all the thought over this game, you all want to get it done this quick?

I already explained about the mason part. It seems most people have thought I was one of the good guys but this jumping on the bandwagon is an absolute joke, totally unbelievable.

At least put some further thought into it, rather than jumping on ONE thing I've said. Which I apologised for immediately.

Unvote Beverley

Vote martin

See if this works then. Get it ouver quickly

And it needs done quickly why?

Sexton Hardcastle

Makes it less painfull for both of us.

Ah, i really dont know. I put i fair bit of thought into the game earlier (friday at work) and this may be my last chance to vote as im at a charity football thing all tomorrow. I think most people can class me as a fellow townie along with Borthers. So if i get popped during the day/after a kill it should be pretty obvious who does it. So i hope i go out with a bit of style.

Unvote Martin

Vote Jam Tartan

Past few pages has had a few pretty random votes and has gone along with what other people have agreed on. Typical goon style keeping low key and is a new player so may suggest the silly kill on Maxi.

Hope it works out well

Just read a post from Pugsy in the terrace and am a bit surprised he's not been in. He's played his usual quiet game but I think it's too easy to forget him.

Out of everyone, Jam Tartan has raised the most suspicion for me recently. He doesn't appear at all, then suddenly appears today and gets really involved. Doesn't seem to put any effort into voting and seems to vote for anyone for any reason. At the very least, if he's a townie, that style isn't helping us.

Just read a post from Pugsy in the terrace and am a bit surprised he's not been in. He's played his usual quiet game but I think it's too easy to forget him.

I've been out most of the day and have been catching up over the last half hour. The terrace is generally the first place I go when logging on.

It was obvious that Maxi was a townie and was going to get taken out by the goon.

Like I say regarding post style it was mainly down to exams, although I've had slightly more posts than my standard 9:laugh:

Sadly I'm going out pretty much all day tomorrow so won't be able to get on before the deadline, might get 5 or 10 minutes to change my vote if somethng obvious shows up.

For now

Vote : Jamtartan

I've been out most of the day and have been catching up over the last half hour. The terrace is generally the first place I go when logging on.

It was obvious that Maxi was a townie and was going to get taken out by the goon.

Like I say regarding post style it was mainly down to exams, although I've had slightly more posts than my standard 9:laugh:

I know you've had exams (which are just a tad more important than this) and I think you probably are a townie. Am just now getting to the stage where I have to start thinking about people I thought were ok.

Borthers, yesterday you jumped on votes for Maxi, Beverley and Bigsmak and how did that go?

You and Jam Tartan seem to be voting for the same people all the time in the last 24 hours. I know you are a townie but it seems strange.

Might as well get my vote in. As I said earlier, he's not exactly bending over backwards to help us townies and I find it very strange that he's got so heavily involved today.

Today there's been a lot of posting and a lot of voting without actually saying anything. Typical goon tactic.

Vote Jamtartan

jambopompey

unvote martin

was a bit quick to jump onto a mistake, will make my vote later on

Rick Grimes

fwiw, Paddy, i'm not a newer player - have played loads of these games. so my behaviour probably is a bit weird compared to normal. only problem with that is that I'm vanilla. have only really been paying attention since yesterday.... (which was just a very long Friday at work)

since then Martin has made a genuine mistake / slip-up, and pretty much nothing else has happened. so i'll change my vote when i see something else.

Goooooood afternoom Verrrrrona.

Nice to be back, though Edinburgh was as splendid as ever.

Pint anybody?

Welcome back Boof

Vote count

jam tartan 3

martin 2

6 1/2 hours to go

3 people still to vote pompey, beverley and kitster

Maybe it'll end up costing me by daring to suggest that people should think outside of myself and Jam Tartan, but I know I'm no goon and I still want to do my best to help the townies win, as I've done throughout the game.

Does anyone else not find it strange that we've got six votes and people have only mentioned myself and Jam Tartan? There's been no speculation, no suggestion about anyone else, absolutely nothing is happening and it just seems a bit too easy. I find it really strange considering how important this one is. I don't know about JT, but if you vote for me, you'll end up with another townie victim and with the goons acting overnight, we could be in trouble.

For people that think I'm a goon. Ask yourself this and look at the evidence.

For Deek on day three, people started voting for him and he went past Silly. If I was on his team, why wouldn't I step in and vote for Silly, especially considering I was online when this was happening?

I voted for Harris on day four and five. Including a big discussion at the start that seemed to really rile Harris which showed he was a goon. If that doesn't show that I wasn't on his side, I don't know what does.

Look at that and look at what I've contributed to this thread. If you vote me off, you will have really harmed the chances of us winning. We cannot afford another mistake.

i'm loathe to vote jam tartan cos every time i suspect him of being a goon, he ends up being a mason, or a good roled character. i suspect martin has just been a little over eager, and seems intent on pointing out JT as a newbie, which isn't the case

kitster, pugsy & paddy have all been far too quiet for my liking, kit at least told us why though (hope you're feeling better, even if you do turn out to bbe a goon!)

i know i'm a townie, borthers is safe, but i'm still a little unsure

i know i don't want to be part of a lynch mob, cos its when we usually get it wrong, but i'm not sure where to vote at all

i'm tempted to stick with paddy to be honest

jambopompey
Maybe it'll end up costing me by daring to suggest that people should think outside of myself and Jam Tartan, but I know I'm no goon and I still want to do my best to help the townies win, as I've done throughout the game.

Does anyone else not find it strange that we've got six votes and people have only mentioned myself and Jam Tartan? There's been no speculation, no suggestion about anyone else, absolutely nothing is happening and it just seems a bit too easy. I find it really strange considering how important this one is. I don't know about JT, but if you vote for me, you'll end up with another townie victim and with the goons acting overnight, we could be in trouble.

For people that think I'm a goon. Ask yourself this and look at the evidence.

For Deek on day three, people started voting for him and he went past Silly. If I was on his team, why wouldn't I step in and vote for Silly, especially considering I was online when this was happening?

I voted for Harris on day four and five. Including a big discussion at the start that seemed to really rile Harris which showed he was a goon. If that doesn't show that I wasn't on his side, I don't know what does.

Look at that and look at what I've contributed to this thread. If you vote me off, you will have really harmed the chances of us winning. We cannot afford another mistake.

unvote martin

vote beverley

it is between these two that we have one of the goons, bev has just started becoming active after no appearances

no appearances??

i'm the highest or second highest poster of the game

unvote martin

vote beverley

it is between these two that we have one of the goons, bev has just started becoming active after no appearances

Appreciate you changing the vote away from me, but why are you so sure it's definitely between me and Bev?

Your reasoning for me seems to be based on one post that I've explained and if you are accusing Bev of not appearing, then I'd say JT is much more guilty of doing that.

BoJack Horseman
unvote martin

vote beverley

no appearances??

i'm the highest or second highest poster of the game

Wooooo

He said that you've just become active after no appearances. You were AWOL for the first few days due to alcohol abuse :).

Right the problem with Yvonne and Geoff (both goons) being killed during the night is that we couldn't get any type of vote pattern their way.

But when Deek got voted, here's the active players who didn't go for him

Kitster, Jambopompey, Borthers, Martin and Beverley.

Interestingly Deek led 4-2, then there were votes by Kitster and Jambopompey for Silly to bring it back to 4-4. Eventually Deek went though but only just.

Kitster had at least been consistent with her vote for Silly but Jambopompey had voted for Beverley and Cigaro in previous days.

For Harris, all remaining players went for him in his final round, despite it being close apart from Beverley and Pugsy. Both these players voted for Paddy, the nearest challenger to Harris. In that round, Harris went for Paddy also.

The point I think from the clues for the lynching of Deek and Harris is that there wasn't a real pile up situation where people could perhaps disguise their vote because there was a clear winner. In both instances, it was close. I really can't see why someone would deliberately want to get rid of a team mate.

Think there's a few dodgy things in these votes but I'm more likely to trust Kitster and Beverley rather than Jambopompey and Pugsy. The reason for that is that both Kitster and Beverley could have jumped on the votes for me or JT and pretty much ensured a quick lynch.

Archived