yvonnejambo

yvonnejambo
So who were you? I'm eager to know!

Boof, Cigaro, Deek and who?

Swines!

Deek, I knew it!! Arrgh.

Another edit. Malky!

Ahhh **** the lot of you! :P

I feel your pain! I really wanted to say on thread go for him yes hes a goon! Its like being in an audience of a panto and I can see and shout the goons behind you but nobody is listening.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
well done goons almost as impressive as my last game

Good team effort in my opinion. :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Having a look at the people who have already made lists, there must be at least two goons in there.

Having had a look at the lists, I reckon that the goons will be naming probably one other goon on that list, just so that if they get lynched they will have managed to protect one of their little team.

With that in mind, I reckon the four goons could be Cigaro, Malky, Deek and Bev.

3 - Bev

2 - Malky

1 - Cigaro

Can't believe I had 3 out of 4 of you and went for the wrong one!!

Well played though guys.

Have to say when the PM came through it seemed like the dream team and I was right

Two grannies on the trot, all hail Malky king of goons!!!!!!

Only joking, I have to say that was harder than the last game but credit to the other guys and thanks to mountains and mountains of PM's between us we did it

Also like to say well done to Martin, I felt for him because he was spot on at the death and goes to show not to dismiss newbies so easily

If it had been a Boof or a Maxi or an Armiya saying it we wouldn't have won so convincingly I'm sure

I guess I'm looking forward to a few early lynches for the next wee while too

BoJack Horseman
Good team effort in my opinion. :jiggy::jiggy::jiggy:

Aye right. You were kack :).

BoJack Horseman
Have to say when the PM came through it seemed like the dream team and I was right

Two grannies on the trot, all hail Malky king of goons!!!!!!

Only joking, I have to say that was harder than the last game but credit to the other guys and thanks to mountains and mountains of PM's between us we did it

Also like to say well done to Martin, I felt for him because he was spot on at the death and goes to show not to dismiss newbies so easily

If it had been a Boof or a Maxi or an Armiya saying it we wouldn't have won so convincingly I'm sure

I guess I'm looking forward to a few early lynches for the next wee while too

I clearly had you pegged at day one. Voted for you 3 days on the trot but noone took notice ;).

Fair play to the goons. To win the last game with a 100% record was superb but the odds on it happening two games running is unbelievable. Hopefully Malky can be a townie next time to break the trend! Although pleased that I was right to be suspicious of Deek from the start. Having said that my record in mafia games now isn't too good.

Cheers mate, I'll claim a moral victory! Maybe it was just too late but it's maybe a lesson for the future that people shouldn't rush in with votes and only focus on one or two people, especially when there are so many goons left.

Least all the guesses from the dead townies were just as useless as those that survived :laugh:

You think i'm a goon?

And I apologise for being wrong at the end! We'll make Pugsy the scapegoat for making it 3-2 in favour of Bev which forced you to vote to save yourself.

Least all the guesses from the dead townies were just as useless as those that survived :laugh:

The masons have to get the cops result out as soon as possible. They may take a risk and one of them gets knocked off during the night but this is a team game which the masons always seem to forget. They treat it as self survival.

As for the cop he was easily found this game. When Yvonne said he never investigated that night, then Eckauskas came on and apologised for falling asleep we put two and two together, and bingo. Schoolboy error. :gun_bandana:

BoJack Horseman
And I apologise for being wrong at the end! We'll make Pugsy the scapegoat for making it 3-2 in favour of Bev which forced you to vote to save yourself.

I like your thinking.

I personally wanted to go for Deek but that obviously wasn't going to work out.

Ach well. Roll on next game!

I like your thinking.

You put all your eggs in one basket. Go with the flow get everybody onside then, try and manipulate your choice.

Chris Benoit

It would've been all so different if you'd backed me and got rid of boof on Friday, no idea where the vendetta against me came from, already had Malky in my sights for the next day but got home from pub and i was dead

While I remember, the funniest part of the whole game on Friday night when Boof didn't vote, he'd had an idea and sent us all a PM

Just had a thought...d'you think Yvonne would buy it if one of you PMed and told her that I'd texted you to put on a vote on my behalf for anyone who might threaten me.

As far as she'd know I wouldn't know what's happening on the thread as I'm at a function for our 6th year pupils who are leaving and we're trying to find a pub where they aren't :laugh: (That's not until next week) and I might think I'm still in the lead.

Or even just to get let off for not voting so I retain my vote for tomorrow.

Yvonne would just have to reveal on thread that I'd texted her...cos the only folk playing I know the numbrs for are AR and Bev and I sure ain't contacting them!!

Of course we all know each others numbers as that was how we were communicating before we went invisible :laugh:

Or is that just a daft idea?

Unfortunately all included Yvonne :err:

yvonnejambo
While I remember, the funniest part of the whole game on Friday night when Boof didn't vote, he'd had an idea and sent us all a PM

OOOOh he may kill you for real now.

Was funny though, but I guess I will never believe a word he says again :)

Errmmm, yeah...oopsie :laugh: seemed such a brainwave at the time but it was bloody murder trying not to post on any other thread in an attempt to appear not here.

And Borthers and tedp - the rant was because there was no reason to target me :D

ArmiyaRomanova

Well done the goons - you took out the Masons at just the right time in the game too, you b@stards.

Deek and Cigaro I was fairly sure of early on (can't even remember why now), but I'm ashamed to admit that Boof did enough to convince me of his innocence - and Malky wasn't really on my radar at all at the point in the game (before Borthers was lynched) that I made my predictions.

Still, can't happen three games in a row - can it? :bulb:

BoJack Horseman

I think Malky should sit out the next game. Do his Romeo and Juliet version and give us a chance.

I like your thinking.

I guess we have to be grateful to Deek for not making sure that we got killed in the game seeing that we questioned him enough.

I'll keep saying the next game will be different until it finally happens!

Depends if I get kicked out for being a jinx! Or whether I'm a goon. If I'm a goon, then the townies will win easy.

BoJack Horseman
I guess we have to be grateful to Deek for not making sure that we got killed in the game seeing that we questioned him enough.

I'll keep saying the next game will be different until it finally happens!

Depends if I get kicked out for being a jinx! Or whether I'm a goon. If I'm a goon, then the townies will win easy.

I fancy my chances as a goon. Reckon I could keep up appearances.

Well done the goons - you took out the Masons at just the right time in the game too, you b@stards.

Deek and Cigaro I was fairly sure of early on (can't even remember why now), but I'm ashamed to admit that Boof did enough to convince me of his innocence - and Malky wasn't really on my radar at all at the point in the game (before Borthers was lynched) that I made my predictions.

Ha Ha

You suspected everybody in the game if you look back over your posts. I managed about 3 votes against me the whole game!!!

I fancy my chances as a goon. Reckon I could keep up appearances.

Problem is next time it's all setup for the goons to be total diddies after what's happened in the past two games. Next time seems a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Any suggestions what the topic will be in the next game and what have we had in the past? Obviously Futurama and Eastenders, plus I saw the Family Guy one.

BoJack Horseman
Problem is next time it's all setup for the goons to be total diddies after what's happened in the past two games. Next time seems a bit of a poisoned chalice.

Any suggestions what the topic will be in the next game and what have we had in the past? Obviously Futurama and Eastenders, plus I saw the Family Guy one.

Only other ones i've been involved with were regular run of the mill mafia games. No theme.

Had a gander at the family guy one and Malky was putting forward a Romeo and Juliet themed one with 2 mafia groups, the montagus and the capulets. I reckon that could be pretty good.

:cheese:

Awesome game:)

Oh, and look back at who voted for Bev, we didnt even have to try!:D And it was tactical too!

BoJack Horseman
:cheese:

Awesome game:)

Oh, and look back at who voted for Bev, we didnt even have to try!:D And it was tactical too!

Grrrr.

The Doctor

Erm,

Sorry.

I wasn't really much help there, utterly convinced Medico was a goon right up to the last.

Good game Vonny. Thanks.

And sorry once again, don't think I'll bother with the next game, rubbish at it as I am.

jambopompey

well done goons, to think over the mass of PM's between us masons we did have deek and boof pegged but not enough to get everyone to join in.

I did volunteer to out myself a few days ago, but the info we had was poor to say the least.

At least i can empty my PM folder now its almost full

Only other ones i've been involved with were regular run of the mill mafia games. No theme.

Had a gander at the family guy one and Malky was putting forward a Romeo and Juliet themed one with 2 mafia groups, the montagus and the capulets. I reckon that could be pretty good.

No probs with doing that, what I'll say is I'll wait til Friday/weekend to put up the sign up thead so we've got some space between games starting and allow me to fine tune the game set-up

At least i can empty my PM folder now its almost full

think I'm almost ready to empty mine for the 2nd time this game

Can I do my game first, it's got no fancy roles and should be fairly fast moving.

aye feel free, I'd forgotten you'd mentioned it

fingers crossed i'm not a goon, it wouldn't be fair :10600:

BoJack Horseman
Can I do my game first, it's got no fancy roles and should be fairly fast moving.

Player limit? When you thinking of starting?

In fact you do the next game Malky :)

I'll step in afterwards as I'm not 100% sure I'll be online enough over the next week or so to keep the game flowing the way I'd want to.

I feel refreshed after my sit out anyway, I'm ready to slay some mafiosa!

I think Malky should sit out the next game.

I think Maximus should shut the fork up if he isn't playing :laugh:

Martin - your ears must've been burning with the PMs that were going on last night.

The number of times I had to purge my PM folder...unreal!!

Still chuckling at my Friday night ******-up when I was pretending to be not here and went and included Yvonne in the PM.

So....anybody up for my revised doctoring idea? i.e. so many tablets to use at whatever point he wants and can even use 3 at a time to overdose someone? Kind of a joint doc/assassin role?

Plus giving whomever the Doc protects to the masons would help as well - would identify Doc using ARS, so someone else to try and protect. The trouble is that anyone trying too obviously to protect someone looks either goonly (to the unroled) or roled (to the goons) and thus a prime target for a whack.

I look forward to the time when the cop investigates a goon using BS...cagey performances all round. Especially if the result is made public :D

Just hope it isn't me.

Ah well - highlight of the game for me was AR calling me 'young' :laugh:

That us quits now over the last two games? ;)

Alba, Medico, JamboJen, Martin and AR...I feel your pain...so much time, thought and effort. For nowt.

Drinks are on Willy...come away in, no hard feelings :D

BoJack Horseman

Martin - your ears must've been burning with the PMs that were going on last night.

Still chuckling at my Friday night ******-up when I was pretending to be not here and went and included Yvonne in the PM.

So....anybody up for my revised doctoring idea? i.e. so many tablets to use at whatever point he wants and can even use 3 at a time to overdose someone? Kind of a joint doc/assassin role?

Plus giving whomever the Doc protects to the masons would help as well - would identify Doc using ARS, so someone else to try and protect. The trouble is that anyone trying too obviously to protect someone looks either goonly (to the unroled) or roled (to the goons) and thus a prime target for a whack.

I look forward to the time when the cop investigates a goon using BS...caget performances all round. Especially if the result is made public :D

Just hope it isn't me.

Alba, Medico, JamboJen, Martin and AR...I feel your pain...so much time, thought and effort. For nowt.

I hate you.

jambopompey

I look forward to the time when the cop investigates a goon using BS...cagey performances all round. Especially if the result is made public :D

Just hope it isn't me.

i would prefer to keep it simple, yes the mason's should know who the doc protected, but when you start bringing in other things like 3 pills it makes it too complicated, a rule that the doc can't protect the same player 2 nights running is a simple rule.

and to think i had yourself and/or boof as goons early but as the same as the last game with AR never had the following, the mails with AR about yourself and deek where an insight, especially when deek tried to protect the doc, that is where myself and AR had doubts on his townieness.

Im up for the next game, i can understand where the doctor is coming from with tiredness from the games, i have had about a years break at least from the first games so i feel refreshed and new to the game and to players who i have not faced

Not quite nowt, least I stayed alive this time so I'm making progress.

1- malkymcfrench - GOON

2 jam tartan - TOWNIE

3 Jambopompey - MASON

4- Kitster - DOCTOR

5- bigsmak - TOWNIE

6 - Beverley - TOWNIE

7 - Albannach - TOWNIE

8 - Roscoe1874 - TOWNIE

9 - Boof - GOON

10- hibshater - TOWNIE

11- Cigaro - GOON

12- thehibsareintheirbeds - TOWNIE

13- milky_26 - TOWNIE

14- Silly Sausage - TOWNIE

15 - Eckauskas - COP

16 - Pugsy 93 - TOWNIE

17 Borthers - TOWNIE

18 Martin - TOWNIE

19 The Doctor - TOWNIE

20 JamboJen - MASON

21 Deek - GOON

22 Marty-French - TOWNIE

23 ArmiyaRomanova - MASON

24 - Medico - TOWNIE

25 Tedp - TOWNIE

So...it was a pretty random selection of numbers.

Thumbs down from me for the new Doctor idea Boofy.

The role should be as it was in yon olden times, they can select the same person a maximum of 2 nights in a row but 3 times in a row is an OD and they should not have the option to cover their own hide!

As I said the last time, the problems with the current format are the silly mason/cop set up and also the addition of an assassin role, it just over complicates matters. If you are going to include masons make them do their own investigations because it sucks the way it is, the game should not be open to little tactics like BS. The original format is fine. I think including masons is pretty lame tbh, very rarely are they actually any help anyway. The whole idea of the game is that the goons are supposed to be the only players who can work as a team and everyone else is out on their own.

I think if there are any extra roles then a more interesting one would be the suicide bomber, a townie that can take out a randomly selected goon if they are subject to a mafia hit or have the option to sacrifice themselves to kill someone they suspect during the night.

BTW Malky, previous games with rival gangs have ended up being quite chaotic to say the least ;)

Trouble is, the Doc's role as it is is virtually impossible. But I know you prefer the uncomplicated approach.

Ach, if I ever mod a game again I'll be able to put my own twists into it.

jambopompey
1- malkymcfrench - GOON

2 jam tartan - TOWNIE

3 Jambopompey - MASON

4- Kitster - DOCTOR

5- bigsmak - TOWNIE

6 - Beverley - TOWNIE

7 - Albannach - TOWNIE

8 - Roscoe1874 - TOWNIE

9 - Boof - GOON

10- hibshater - TOWNIE

11- Cigaro - GOON

12- thehibsareintheirbeds - TOWNIE

13- milky_26 - TOWNIE

14- Silly Sausage - TOWNIE

15 - Eckauskas - COP

16 - Pugsy 93 - TOWNIE

17 Borthers - TOWNIE

18 Martin - TOWNIE

19 The Doctor - TOWNIE

20 JamboJen - MASON

21 Deek - GOON

22 Marty-French - TOWNIE

23 ArmiyaRomanova - MASON

24 - Medico - TOWNIE

25 Tedp - TOWNIE

So...it was a pretty random selection of numbers.

the numbers thing was right when i changed from alba to you boof, if it wasn't for you pesky goons.................

It's not that difficult if there are players that are worthy of being protected in the game, posters who contribute a lot of time and effort and sniff out the baddies. More often than not in our games though, nobody has a clue so it's hard to decide who is worth keeping alive. Having the option to protect someone 2 nights on the trot at least makes it slightly more useful a role.

It's not that I'm against added roles I just really dislike having teams of townies especially if they work in conjunction with the cop role. In fact I'd even say it actually makes it more difficult to spot any evidence of mafia members conspiring. The extra roles can make it more interesting/confusing but the game always seems to work best when the mafia are the only players who can communicate off thread, regardless of what extra roles/powers are thrown in (IMO). That is why I think the first heroes game I did (the one without masons/recruitments) worked a whole lot better than the later ones.

That is another point, having recruitments also fecks up the game :D

jambopompey
At least I had Mike Tullberg backing me up :laugh:

F@@@*&*^%$%^$$%? O@@@@*&^*(^)%$"$%"&"$??%

yvonnejambo
Thumbs down from me for the new Doctor idea Boofy.

The role should be as it was in yon olden times, they can select the same person a maximum of 2 nights in a row but 3 times in a row is an OD and they should not have the option to cover their own hide!

As I said the last time, the problems with the current format are the silly mason/cop set up and also the addition of an assassin role, it just over complicates matters. If you are going to include masons make them do their own investigations because it sucks the way it is, the game should not be open to little tactics like BS. The original format is fine. I think including masons is pretty lame tbh, very rarely are they actually any help anyway. The whole idea of the game is that the goons are supposed to be the only players who can work as a team and everyone else is out on their own.

I think if there are any extra roles then a more interesting one would be the suicide bomber, a townie that can take out a randomly selected goon if they are subject to a mafia hit or have the option to sacrifice themselves to kill someone they suspect during the night.

BTW Malky, previous games with rival gangs have ended up being quite chaotic to say the least ;)

I think its good to mix it up a bit in some games. I do like the simple formula games but also a game with more roles for the players makes more people into it. I have ran games with rival gangs and think it worked pretty well.

I think the main problem for ANY mafia type game, is people signing up and either not playing or hardly posting. Also players who are townies without a role need to get that they are important for the game rather than hardly posting or taking part just because they dont llike being unroled.

Apart from that I think its great and more variations the better!

To me it's more fun being a townie than being mafia or having a pro-townie role (though I must admit, being the assassin could be quite fun). Maybe I just relish the challenge (or should that be mental torment) more than most :)

BoJack Horseman
the numbers thing was right when i changed from alba to you boof, if it wasn't for you pesky goons.................

Yeah well my bog roll theory was also spot on!

Archived