Jump to content

Official Golf geeks gibber thread


Victorian

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:


Cheers. Snow def won’t be helping!

 

 

Think my problem is I never go to work on something in particular. I don’t really know what I’m doing practice wise or what causes a bad one so it’s pretty much aimlessly smashing balls.

 

I play off 5 (was 6.5 until new handicap system) and don’t have the time to commit to playing often enough to get any lower at the moment. Figured playing a few holes on the top tracer or the target stuff would make it more enjoyable. 

Think you definitely need to go with a plan. I normally am trying to work on something , then try to do a spell of real play eg driver, then 7 iron, then a chip, change and repeat.

I also dropped handicap 4.6 - 3.3.

Gonna be tough to play to that getting a bit long in the tooth now 😒

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • hmfc_liam06

    1793

  • Samuel Camazzola

    945

  • Irufushi

    856

  • Victorian

    826

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Berger has OCD over the line marking on his ball when taking putts. It's getting a bit ridiculous the amount of time and tweaking. Especially when he goes on and misses it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kila said:

Berger has OCD over the line marking on his ball when taking putts. It's getting a bit ridiculous the amount of time and tweaking. Especially when he goes on and misses it...

Ha ha 

Nick Faldo telling life stories in the time it takes him to putt

Russel Knox just assessed for a penalty after being given the all clear by a ref.

Wonder if Jordan Speith would have got the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/02/2021 at 15:16, Tommy Brown said:

I've o a photo from the rear, higher up from 18th fairway looking down. No roof only the walls left. really black where the Pro shop was.

My untrained eye suggests thats where it started. I'll post it later. 

 

Hope they recover from this. Upside, gives them a chance to build a better one with west facing views.:peepwall:

 

This i the only positive I can see. Hope they build a new clubhouse with gym facilities (happy to pay extra on my membership). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown

Some fud has decided to tear up Pumphy last night

 

Bottom right is 9th green

 

Screenshot_20210216-141513_Facebook.jpg

Edited by Tommy Brown
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

Some fud has decided to tear up Pumphy last night

 

Bottom right is 9th green

 

tt

Ridiculous Tommy utter disgrace.

Had the same when I was a member at Deer Park many years ago when some idiot rode his motorbike all over the 14th green, scumbags!!

WE also had some idiot who shat in the cup at the 8th. It was a medal day, fortunately the first people out didn't hole a putt before they noticed💩

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
45 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Ridiculous Tommy utter disgrace.

Had the same when I was a member at Deer Park many years ago when some idiot rode his motorbike all over the 14th green, scumbags!!

WE also had some idiot who shat in the cup at the 8th. It was a medal day, fortunately the first people out didn't hole a putt before they noticed💩

I thought bottom left was a fairway, but couldn't work it out. Its the practice area next to the chipping green. Not half as bad as I first thought. Still total fuddery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I thought bottom left was a fairway, but couldn't work it out. Its the practice area next to the chipping green. Not half as bad as I first thought. Still total fuddery.

Glad its not so much of the course.

If this warmer weather continues will heal up quite quick hopefully

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown

What's your thoughts guys?

 

I've booked 8 of us for a trip to Drumbarnie on 27th March. 

Unlikely to be allowed accross into Fife for this? yes/no?

 

If you cancel 1 month prior you get a refund, anyone done this? did it go ok?

Alternative, is to re-book, but that will be end of season as we are paying Winter prices.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
32 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

What's your thoughts guys?

 

I've booked 8 of us for a trip to Drumbarnie on 27th March. 

Unlikely to be allowed accross into Fife for this? yes/no?

 

If you cancel 1 month prior you get a refund, anyone done this? did it go ok?

Alternative, is to re-book, but that will be end of season as we are paying Winter prices.

 

Risky one...they definitely check addresses when you turn up to play. Would hate for you to travel and be turned away.

 

End of the season might not be a bad shout, another season for the course to bed in.

 

Great course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Tommy Brown
51 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Risky one...they definitely check addresses when you turn up to play. Would hate for you to travel and be turned away.

 

End of the season might not be a bad shout, another season for the course to bed in.

 

Great course.

 

It's a choice of cancel and get refunded. But find restrictions are lifted before 27/3/21 (I think is unlikely)

 

or have to move the date back to Oct/Nov if restrictions dont allow in March.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
26 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

 

It's a choice of cancel and get refunded. But find restrictions are lifted before 27/3/21 (I think is unlikely)

 

or have to move the date back to Oct/Nov if restrictions dont allow in March.

 

If you cancel and refund, you might be able to book last minute if restrictions change? I agree with you, I doubt there'll be much in the way of change before then.

 

If it were me I'd likely go for October.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

What's your thoughts guys?

 

I've booked 8 of us for a trip to Drumbarnie on 27th March. 

Unlikely to be allowed accross into Fife for this? yes/no?

 

If you cancel 1 month prior you get a refund, anyone done this? did it go ok?

Alternative, is to re-book, but that will be end of season as we are paying Winter prices.

Rebook for late in the season (if you are not wanting to pay peak price) and keep an eye on the availability for March and April if restrictions are eased. Trust me, you'll want to play it more than once! 🏌️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamie Walker Tash

Got my first eagle today, chipped in from about 20 yards. 3 greenkeepers standing watching too. Had to pretend it was something i do all the time but inside i was going mental with joy 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

If you can't get a game at North Berwick, you can always go for a swim in a bunker.

 

Lady captain too. Hope she gets banned.:whistling:

20210219_162619.jpg

Ha ha Brilliant.

Since they built the courses and houses at Archerfield the drainage problem on that hole has been getting worse and worse.

Don't know if its connected but seems a bit of a coincidence. Shifting the water levels further down the coastline?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
1 hour ago, Tommy Brown said:

Managed 18 yesterday.

Scratch 77 (70 par) with 2 double bogeys.

Where the **** did that come from:lol:

 

Do I retire now?

You stay on the crazy train. Those holes you double bogeyed - you'll birdie them next time. However, be prepared for some other bizarre stuff! Always happens. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites

Played 9 holes Thursday and yesterday, a pair of 39's.

 

Back out again today. Hopefully we can have a dry spell now and let courses dry out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

You stay on the crazy train. Those holes you double bogeyed - you'll birdie them next time. However, be prepared for some other bizarre stuff! Always happens. 😄

What a difference  a day makes.

 

Started with a 10 at par5 10th.

Played like a hacker.😀

It didn't really improve.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

What a difference  a day makes.

 

Started with a 10 at par5 10th.

Played like a hacker.😀

It didn't really improve.

The joys of golf!! How's the course looking?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola

Fairmont played well today considering what the weather has been like. Tees were fine and greens running very well. Sections of rough and fairways still saturated but as long as Tuesdays rain isn't too bad, it should dry out nicely with the wind and milder climate. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Fairmont played well today considering what the weather has been like. Tees were fine and greens running very well. Sections of rough and fairways still saturated but as long as Tuesdays rain isn't too bad, it should dry out nicely with the wind and milder climate. 

Still got 3 rounds still to play in the Winter series. Hopefully  restrictions  get dropped soon. Unlikely.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
6 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Still got 3 rounds still to play in the Winter series. Hopefully  restrictions  get dropped soon. Unlikely.

I believe those that bought winter memberships or signed up to the Winter Series will be advised this week that an extension to end of April will be applied. 

 

There's a Texas Scramble pencilled in for 21st March but that will be subject to the limitation on two players being lifted along with the travel restrictions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
2 hours ago, kila said:

Fitzpatrick struggling a bit with the pressure? Never thought his swing was solid enough to deal with it and instead loses his rhythm.

 

He'll contend for big prizes. Got a great bag man too to help him. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

I believe those that bought winter memberships or signed up to the Winter Series will be advised this week that an extension to end of April will be applied. 

 

There's a Texas Scramble pencilled in for 21st March but that will be subject to the limitation on two players being lifted along with the travel restrictions. 

 

I know a guy at Sport Scotland, they're lobbying like **** to get playing restrictions lifted or at least made 3 balls. Reckons there might be something happening in the next couple weeks 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, weegranty said:

The joys of golf!! How's the course looking?

 pretty sodden throughout.

hopefully not too much rain tomorrow, could start drying out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

I know a guy at Sport Scotland, they're lobbying like **** to get playing restrictions lifted or at least made 3 balls. Reckons there might be something happening in the next couple weeks 🤞

 

Bit less confident after seeing that England are likely going to be two households only until 29th March. I'd imagine Scotland will be very similar.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, weegranty said:

Started at the 10th at Pumpherston today and put my first drive into the pond.😂😉

As did I yesterday :lol:

After driving great all Saturday.

Link to post
Share on other sites
joondalupjambo

First game last Saturday since early December, hit an 84 round Lundie off 11 which I thought was ok given the time between rounds and the slight sea breeze.

In the buffer zone after all. 

Beaten 4 and 3 by a 22 handicapper who had to give 11 strokes to, don't ask.  His two birdies at the holes he did not get strokes at helped though!!

And here is me wondering why he turned up on the first tee wearing a sombrero and chewing on a fajita!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola

Tiger involved in a car accident today which required him to be cut free! Doesn't sound too good. 😬😳😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
Footballfirst
27 minutes ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Tiger involved in a car accident today which required him to be cut free! Doesn't sound too good. 😬😳😔

Tiger Woods hospitalized after car crash on Tuesday
Los Angeles County Sheriffs confirmed that golf pro Tiger Woods has been hospitalized following a single-car rollover crash on Tuesday morning. Woods was removed using the "jaws of life" and the car sustained "major damage," according to the statement. There were no other people or cars involved in the crash, according to department officials.

 

That will be him definitely out the Masters then.

Edited by Footballfirst
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jamie Walker Tash

As someone mentioned earlier he looked away with it the other day. Hope he hasn't been driving while under medication.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Samuel Camazzola
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

That will be him definitely out the Masters then.

Hope he recovers quickly to play again soon. The best player I've ever seen. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not played since early October I off next week and a round booked for Tuesday cannot wait.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...