5's in west lothian

vlad on the tyne

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi guys, that's it down to 8.

we are going to need to find more players or pull the plug after this week.

every time we have less than 10 we don't have enough money to cover the cost of the pitch and i've been subsidising it out of my own pocket for a while now.

let me know what you want to do.

i enquired about how much notice we're supposed to give to cancel the block booking. the answer was a month.

however i've chanced my arm and handed in a letter asking to cancel the booking immediately stating we've a shortage of numbers and that i've been laid off and can't afford to pay for the month.

i will let you know what they say.

i suggest we wait a week or so and then start a new thread recruiting players.

only once we've a pool of 16 or so ready to commit to coming most weeks do we then start again.

hi guys, that's it down to 8.

we are going to need to find more players or pull the plug after this week.

every time we have less than 10 we don't have enough money to cover the cost of the pitch and i've been subsidising it out of my own pocket for a while now.

let me know what you want to do.

Sean, did we not have extra money in the kitty built up from the times we have had 12 players. I would have thought that would have covered the few times we have only had 8 or 9 say?

Sean, did we not have extra money in the kitty built up from the times we have had 12 players. I would have thought that would have covered the few times we have only had 8 or 9 say?

there's been far more weeks when there's less than ten than when there's been more especially recently.

the last few weeks i've been subsidising it from my own pocket and it came to a head on sunday when i had to put ?20 in due to shortage of numbers.

That was some price for a game of 3 a side in the pishing rain. Not fair on you at all having to pick up the deficit and you should be looking to get cash off mark and Frazer who never showed up.

• 5 years later...
vlad on the tyne

Let's see if we can get 10 definites by Thursday for next sunday then we can look at booking.

So just to clarify, a week today yes?

Where about? I realise it says west Lothian, but surely livingston is best?

So just to clarify, a week today yes?

Where about? I realise it says west Lothian, but surely livingston is best?

http://www.36fives.co.uk/football/4586869190

That's the new place I mentioned on the other thread, with it being December now and the weather probably shite it being 'indoor' might be a decent idea. Doesn't look any more expensive than Craigswood either.

vlad on the tyne

Yes, defo in livi. Willing to try the new indoor if everyone else is although craigswood is decent. Is there any preference on times?

Like the idea of the indoor pitch. Didn't even know that existed until you posted it.

As long as it's not too expensive as its a fiver for the xcite pitches.

I'm easy with whatever time.

Next Sunday night count me in.

The indoor at houston ind est opened today, free games all day for block bookers, officially opens tomorrow. Cheaper than excite I'm told. Sounds like it's going to be very popular.

vlad on the tyne

Pitch available at 7pm Sunday the 14th December at the new indoor 5 a side place at Houston ind est Livingston. I can get pitch for 30 blabs. If you want to play, copy and paste your name below. Once we have 10, I will book. If you ain't 100% cert to play don't put your name down.

VOTT

Pitch available at 7pm Sunday the 14th December at the new indoor 5 a side place at Houston ind est Livingston. I can get pitch for 30 blabs. If you want to play, copy and paste your name below. Once we have 10, I will book. If you ain't 100% cert to play don't put your name down.

VOTT

Eddie

• 4 weeks later...
vlad on the tyne

Bump

Anyone up for a game of 5s this Sunday night at the new indoor place at Houston ind est?

Bump

Anyone up for a game of 5s this Sunday night at the new indoor place at Houston ind est?

Long bangys mate?

fabienleclerq

I'll play if there's room, I've no idea where it is though! I'm working till four so if it's before 6 I'm struggling.

vlad on the tyne

I'll play if there's room, I've no idea where it is though! I'm working till four so if it's before 6 I'm struggling.

Sound mate. Would be looking about 7 if we can get 10. Come off at jct 3 on the m8 for Livingston. Take the first slip for Houston ind est and then take a left at the roundabout there are signs up leading you in.

fabienleclerq

Sound mate. Would be looking about 7 if we can get 10. Come off at jct 3 on the m8 for Livingston. Take the first slip for Houston ind est and then take a left at the roundabout there are signs up leading you in.

Perfect I'll keep an eye on the thread.

Archived