Talk 107 - Players Paid / Bruno ->QPR (merged threads)

Hans von Luck

Hans von Luck

Updated Friday, 05 December 2008 - 11:21:10

talk107 can reveal that all players and coaching staff at Hearts have been paid this week's wages.

The club has confirmed to us money was transferred from Lithuania and arrived on time this morning in the bank accounts of every squad member - from first team to youths.

Six players - the top earners at Tynecastle - agreed a few days ago to defer payment of last week's cash until a later date.

And talk107 told you this morning that Bruno Aguiar could be the first of those half dozen to leave the club in January.

Hearts are desperate to get some of their best paid players off the wage bill.

And QPR's new Portuguese manager, Paolo Sousa, is keen to take his fellow countryman Aguiar - who's out of contract at Tynecastle in the summer - to Loftus Road.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gutted if we lose Bruno, can we please keep him until after the Scottish Cup game?

Pretty please? :)

That's my first instinct too! Please let us keep our players so they can say goodbye to Hubz!

I still think its confirmation of how huge hearts money problems are. everyone has been paid bar 6 of the highest earners. this for me shows they cant afford thirs

That's my first instinct too! Please let us keep our players so they can say goodbye to Hubz!

Indeed. But of course, if we were looking to sell anyone to other Scottish clubs, we wouldn't play them in the Cup game. :(

marshallschunkychicken
Updated Friday, 05 December 2008 - 11:21:10

talk107 can reveal that all players and coaching staff at Hearts have been paid this week's wages.

The club has confirmed to us money was transferred from Lithuania and arrived on time this morning in the bank accounts of every squad member - from first team to youths.

Six players - the top earners at Tynecastle - agreed a few days ago to defer payment of last week's cash until a later date.

And talk107 told you this morning that Bruno Aguiar could be the first of those half dozen to leave the club in January.

Hearts are desperate to get some of their best paid players off the wage bill.

And QPR's new Portuguese manager, Paolo Sousa, is keen to take his fellow countryman Aguiar - who's out of contract at Tynecastle in the summer - to Loftus Road.

Does that mean that the top six earners have been paid this weeks wages, just not last weeks wages, or does it mean that they are deferring this weeks wages as well?

Bizarre...

Drylaw Hearts
Does that mean that the top six earners have been paid this weeks wages, just not last weeks wages, or does it mean that they are deferring this weeks wages as well?

Bizarre...

I think the Top 6 are having their wages deferred until they leave.

Deals have been done imo.

Bizarre...

Think it means they've been paid this week's wages, but not last week's.

I think the Top 6 are having their wages deferred until they leave.

Deals have been done imo.

So why was Driver one of the six not paid.Surely he is not one of the highest earners.

So why was Driver one of the six not paid.Surely he is not one of the highest earners.

Cos his erse is oot the windae as soon as possible ?

Who are the top 6 earners?

Nade

Kingston

Makela

Driver

Berra

Aguiar

Or am I making this up?

Take out Berra and Driver; add Karipidis and Palazuelos. Though that's a total guess on my part!

i'd interpret it as all wages including last week's have now been paid, i.e. no money outstanding to any player. but then i'm often over optimistic.

i think the money is there to get us through for another few months, but finding and transferring cash is proving difficult.

if only we hadn't purchased beslija, makela and a few other complete wasters we might have been able to hold on to our genuinely good players.

If they earn the same each week then what's the difference? ;) As someone else suggested, a deal has probably been done - a portion of the wages to be deferred, lump sum + sizeable interest once the current cash flow problems are eased.

marshallschunkychicken

It's not really clear, but if that is the case, it's a really strange situation.

I would expect it to be the case that they have deferred til they leave, as DH says.

Take out Berra and Driver; add Karipidis and Palazuelos. Though that's a total guess on my part!

That's my hunch too.

i heard berra was earning less than ?2k a week, although this was from a contract he signed quite a few years back. Don't know if he has improved terms now. Would also be amazed if Driver is one of the higher earners, although he certainly has a high value.

Guest JamboRobbo

Full details to come out in the wash I guess, but it's a lot better that they've been paid today than if they hadn't. Positive news I think.

Article does seem to suggest that ALL players have been paid their wages this week, with only last weeks still overdue for "the top 6".

It's not really clear, but if that is the case, it's a really strange situation.

I would expect it to be the case that they have deferred til they leave, as DH says.

Yes. Thinking about it, I'm sure you're right.

Drylaw Hearts

I think he has now been paid but.....

as he's one of the one's likely to leave in January they maybe tried to persaude him to go without any salary until he is transferred and when he does go they'll pay him a lump sum.

Just a theory !!!!

Why should this sourceless story get any more reliance than banderson?

the club have lied about wages before also.

Drylaw Hearts

Nade

Kingston

Makela

Driver

Berra

Aguiar

Or am I making this up?

I think Karapidis will be on more than Driver.

simply put

Come January, club offers 2 million for driver,driver hasnt been paid since december and is due 5 weeks wages.

Club says, well you can go, but only if you agree we dont need to pay you the 5 weeks we owe yu.

Player accepts as easier to walk away than be stuck fighting for them or to be released in court long term and lose more money or time from his career

Nade

Kingston

Makela

Driver

Berra

Aguiar

Or am I making this up?

I also think Basso was on a fair wedge that the club tried (unsuccessfully) to re-negotiate.

He'll be off in January if there are any takers.

Guest JamboRobbo

Come January, club offers 2 million for driver,driver hasnt been paid since december and is due 5 weeks wages.

Club says, well you can go, but only if you agree we dont need to pay you the 5 weeks we owe yu.

To be fair, it is a tactic most clubs employ in some form or another. We're just a wee bit harsher and more frequent than some.

alwaysthereinspirit

Why does being a Jambo always have to be so difficult.

Last week the players were awesome against Rankgers after not being paid. They obviously didn't let it effect them. This wont continue if the wages issue raises its head every month.

I can see New Year sales around Tynecastle as soon as the window opens. Teams will know we're in financial trouble and offer pennies on the dollar.

A statement from Hearts would be nice.

simply put

Player accepts as easier to walk away than be stuck fighting for them or to be released in court long term and lose more money or time from his career

But the EEN are reporting that all players have been paid everything they were owed, Prancer:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-players-paid-at-last.4765524.jp

Nucky Thompson
So much for not believing anything the media tells us !!!
They must have had someone waiting at the bank with the players for confirmation:)

Why does being a Jambo always have to be so difficult.

Last week the players were awesome against Rankgers after not being paid. They obviously didn't let it effect them. This wont continue if the wages issue raises its head every month.

I can see New Year sales around Tynecastle as soon as the window opens. Teams will know we're in financial trouble and offer pennies on the dollar.

A statement from Hearts would be nice.

And will hopefully be coming out this afternoon. The chances of it revealing anything useful though are pretty slim - huge spin is needed to keep creditors happy, maintain player sales values etc, and spin is therefore what we will get.

But the EEN are reporting that all players have been paid everything they were owed, Prancer:

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-players-paid-at-last.4765524.jp

They also reported in September the wages would be paid early next week

And last week that everyone had been paid on Monday

I will wait a few days to see what comes out, our club are very good at leaking stuff like this to suit their agenda.

I wouldnt be surprised at all if the likes of Driver, Aguiar etc go unpaid until January when we sell them without paying up.

simply put

Yeah but it will not be as easy for someone like Driver to go without 5 weeks wages as it will a one of the top earners.I get the point and the theory though.It's not really the top earners that were asked to do a deal(if one ever exsited)it was the most saleble assests.

Drylaw Hearts
They must have had someone waiting at the bank with the players for confirmation:)

As there are no official quotes I find it weird you now choose to believe the EEN.

marshallschunkychicken
To be fair, it is a tactic most clubs employ in some form or another. We're just a wee bit harsher and more frequent than some.

All right, own up - who's hacked JR's account! :laugh:

Guarded positivity from you all over JKB today.

portobellojambo1
i'd interpret it as all wages including last week's have now been paid, i.e. no money outstanding to any player. but then i'm often over optimistic.

i think the money is there to get us through for another few months, but finding and transferring cash is proving difficult.

if only we hadn't purchased beslija, makela and a few other complete wasters we might have been able to hold on to our genuinely good players.

My interpretation as well.

Just been reading an article on the back page of the EEN where Andy Driver indicates last weeks non payment was not ideal, but also indicated he had total confidence he would receive everything, and ain't making a song and dance about it.

Nucky Thompson
As there are no official quotes I find it weird you now choose to believe the EEN.
Because it doesn't suit their usual agenda, they have nothing to gain from printing this.

, but also indicated he had total confidence he would recieve everything, and ain't making a song and dance about it.

Well that is one player we can say is not a mamber of JKB. :P

Good news if all the players have been paid this week, and further good news if last weeks 'deferred 6' have also been paid.

Guest Dipped Flake

It's human nature to take as gospel anything you read in the papers that suit your agenda and rubbish anything that doesn't.

All right, own up - who's hacked JR's account! :laugh:

Guarded positivity from you all over JKB today.

JR has stated to me on another thread when questioned that he has a job ?

So i think there are actually 2 or 3 JR's on at different times of the day !!

:rolleyes:

This is dire news, and there's no point in dressing it up. We have very few quality players left now, and those that are here look like they'll be going. My only hope is the club can survive long enough to see the back of The Romanovs so we can talk about something else apart from these incompetent clowns detroying the club.

Archived