Talk 107 - Players Paid / Bruno ->QPR (merged threads)

Hans von Luck

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
You mean you've just logged on FWJ :) anyway what good book have you read this week? I enjoyed your nixon thread in the shed. :)

Evening Charles,

I am re-reading the Flashman Papers.

Presently on "Flash for Freedom!"

Glad you liked my Nixon thread, I never thought it would erupt into a row about Nazis, Hitler and Oliver Stone though!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Everyone believed there was significant unrest. Some of us had a problem with why Pressley went to the media.

He knew he would be out on his arse, he (Mr Hearts) knew we would become weaker because of this but he still went ahead with it. :eek:

He must have had talks with other clubs before making his statement and for one of them to be Celtic was quite unbelievable.

Backtracking and blame/agenda finding.

Rather than try to understand why they went to this extreme measure.

Oh well, lets not drag that one out again....

HBOS regularly ploughs 100k's of pounds into charitable causes. And still is.

Look where they are now.

I think HoBOS are where they are now because so many people talked them down,spread rumours, gossip etc, that the market lost confidence in them. Incidentally; do you think the same thing could happen to a football club?

:whistling:

Your argument is totally irrelevant and straw-grasping in the extreme

It wasn't an argument it was a question. You might be a bit slow so I'll explain:

Argument; a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point.

Question; a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.

:nerdy::kickhat:

Drylaw Hearts
I'd imagine she'd at least don an apron to keep the bacon fat off her bristols.

I'd have a special peephole apron made for her.

I think HoBOS are where they are now because so many people talked them down,spread rumours, gossip etc, that the market lost confidence in them. Incidentally; do you think the same thing could happen to a football club?

I was shot down when I wrote something similar. Tell someone the bank has run out of money, and soon everyone wants their money back, and hay-ho crisis where none exsisted.

The media love to stirr things and a make mountains from mole hills. I am confident that these cases will never see a court, and will be settled before the case comes up.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

:whistling:

It wasn't an argument it was a question. You might be a bit slow so I'll explain:

Argument; a statement, reason, or fact for or against a point.

Question; a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.

:nerdy::kickhat:

You could also say that HBOS are where they are because of a bunch of arrogant tossers thought they could do what they liked with other peoples money, spend like there is no tomorrow, making no realistic contingency plans in the event it all went tits up. And not listening to advice.

Bad management. Familiar?

You could also say that HBOS are where they are because of a bunch of arrogant tossers thought they could do what they liked with other peoples money, spend like there is no tomorrow, making no realistic contingency plans in the event it all went tits up. And not listening to advice.

Bad management. Familiar?

CPR was in charge of HoBOS? :eek::shocked666::mw_confused::raisehair:

What no one seems to have stated is that even with no financial difficulties players would be sold -- does anyone think that if an English premiership club came in for Berra he would turn it down ?

We are not the size of club that can insist on players staying -- we can only negotiate the best deal for the club and invest the funds on wages or other players afterwards.

We also have a moral obligation to be fair to the players and realise that they have their own ambitions to fulfil which we cannot match.

Young players will then be encouraged to come to us, knowing they will be given a chance and knowing we will help them fulfil their ambitions which should be to reach the top of their profession.

Those funds will help us grow and become stronger in the longer term.

Archived