Talk 107 - Players Paid / Bruno ->QPR (merged threads)

Hans von Luck

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh
Gutted if we lose Bruno, can we please keep him until after the Scottish Cup game?

Pretty please? :)

My guess is we'll keep Bruno until the end of the season. I think they are looking to do the same thing as they did with Rudi. Bruno is out of contract at the end of the season but will, imo, sign a 2 year deal but be sold in the summer. He owes the club as they stuck by him for 18 months while injured so I think he'll be happy enough to do it then QPR may be his destination.

Drylaw Hearts
My guess is we'll keep Bruno until the end of the season. I think they are looking to do the same thing as they did with Rudi. Bruno is out of contract at the end of the season but will, imo, sign a 2 year deal but be sold in the summer. He owes the club as they stuck by him for 18 months while injured so I think he'll be happy enough to do it then QPR may be his destination.

Bruno will probably be gone before you've woken up after your Hogmany night out.

jamboinglasgow

That could be a wise deal, i think we keep him and give us time to scout a new player or groom Husband to take over Bruno's role.

I also think that we should keep hold of Driver and berra unless we get great offers for them, though we need a left midfielder as we suffer when Driver is missing.

Guest JamboRobbo
All right, own up - who's hacked JR's account! :laugh:

Guarded positivity from you all over JKB today.

It's just as simple as I know a few players who've been messed around in similar ways to what Prancer talked about, at clubs other than HMFC.

As I've always said, praise where due, criticism where due.

Others seem to jump from one extreme to the other, refusing to say a bad word about the club for weeks, then next thing you know, they're starting incoherent rants demanding statements etc.

Seymour M Hersh
This is dire news, and there's no point in dressing it up. We have very few quality players left now, and those that are here look like they'll be going. My only hope is the club can survive long enough to see the back of The Romanovs so we can talk about something else apart from these incompetent clowns detroying the club.

That's laughable coming from you as you only appear on threads related to bad news and slagging the regime. Having said that I'd like to see the back of the to then we'll see the back of you.

Seymour M Hersh
Bruno will probably be gone before you've woken up after your Hogmany night out.

Doubt it but time will ultimately tell.

It's just as simple as I know a few players who've been messed around in similar ways to what Prancer talked about, at clubs other than HMFC.

Others seem to jump from one extreme to the other, refusing to say a bad word about the club for weeks, then next thing you know, they're starting incoherent rants demanding statements etc.

:biggrin:

You're a bad man, JR. :)

To be fair, it is a tactic most clubs employ in some form or another. We're just a wee bit harsher and more frequent than some.

JR, I do not mean this in a bad way, but normally you are fairly, well some might say, negative, you will say realistic.

But the one time, when perhaps you have the most material to defend your stance, you seem to support the club (to a degree) or a bit more positive. I am surprised.

Guest JamboRobbo
JR, I do not mean this in a bad way, but normally you are fairly, well some might say, negative, you will say realistic.

But the one time, when perhaps you have the most material to defend your stance, you seem to support the club (to a degree) or a bit more positive. I am surprised.

As I've always said, I consider it being realistic mate. As opposed to swinging from overly positive to overly negative. Glad you're beginning to see thats all I try to do - be realistic. :food-smiley-004:

That's laughable coming from you as you only appear on threads related to bad news and slagging the regime. Having said that I'd like to see the back of the to then we'll see the back of plums like you.

I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure everything will be fine. Vlad's got a plan! :eek: - ;)

Seymour M Hersh
I wouldn't worry about it, I'm sure everything will be fine. Vlad's got a plan! :eek: - ;)

Why would I worry about a hobo like you?:eek:

Nucky Thompson
You're lapping this up aren't you:rolleyes:

Who are the top 6 earners?

Nade

Kingston

Makela

Driver

Berra

Aguiar

Or am I making this up?

Top 6 earners are

Nade

Kingston

Karipidis

Bruno

Driver

Ruben

Drylaw Hearts
Top 6 earners are

Nade

Kingston

Karipidis

Bruno

Driver

Ruben

Makela will be on more than Driver - surely ?

The inconsitency is down to the regime in charge, not the supporters.

Yes.

Fully expect Berra & Kingston to go for serious cash.

Expect Karapidis & Bruno to go for nominal fee. Maybe even Nade.

Expect Makela and a few others to be bought out of their contracts.

Not only do we need to raise cash but we need to vastly reduce the wage bill.

THIS TYPE OF STEP SHOULD HAVE HAPPENED 18 MONTHS AGO.

At least by the time we play Hibs in the cup we'll have the excuse that we are playing all our under 19s....

And it will be a genuine and proper excuse.

:(

Top 6 earners are

Nade

Kingston

Karipidis

Bruno

Driver

Ruben

People seem to forget about Basso and Makela....

I would reckong our top 6 earners are..

Kingston

Nade

Makela

Paluzeulos

Aguiar

Basso

Of which I'd only be dissapointed to lose Nade and Aguiar...

At least by the time we play Hibs in the cup we'll have the excuse that we are playing all our under 19s....

And it will be a genuine and proper excuse.

:(

I seriously doubt that all the players who will depart will have done so by January 9th. History shows us that Romanov likes to haggle, the majority of those who do leave will do so in the last week of January...

Kingston

Nade

Makela

Paluzeulos

Aguiar

Basso

What really fecks me off is Botchup is probably one of the top six

Will his incompetent ass get the boot though??

I seriously doubt that all the players who will depart will have done so by January 9th. History shows us that Romanov likes to haggle, the majority of those who do leave will do so in the last week of January...

History also shows us that players who are in negotiations to be sold dont play whilst these are ongoing...and to be fair the club seeking to buy a player would probably ask that he not be played pending resolution of the deal, and even somebody like Ernst Young might insist the asset isnt risked if we really need to money

Velicka's "sore thigh" last season for example

Neilson is probably a higher earner?

I seriously doubt he earns anywhere close to the 6 I have named Charlie.

Makela's basic wage isnt as big as Drivers. Makela is on a big goals/appearance bonus hence why we dont play him. Not that he could hit a cow's erse with a banjo and if he does come on he's tucked away in right midfield for fear of the ball hitting off him and going in and costing us a fortune.

The big 6 I quoted previously are our top earners, namely

Bruno

Ruben

Driver

Kingston

Kari

Nade

Charlie-Brown

Wasnt basso only on a couple of grand according his agent but hearts claimed he was asking for 7k to sign a new deal?

http://www.talk107.co.uk/article.php?article=4971

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else and I hate being so pessimistic but this coming January could be catastrophic for the team and the club.

According to talk 107 plus the rest of the top 6 high earners! If this is true that has got to mean bye bye Berra, Nade, Kingston, Makela (no loss) and probably Karipidis too!

Not sure about Driver tho!

If this is the case we are ****ed come the New Year and will any of these players be around for the double header derby??!!

I know we are heading for a heeuge cost cutting exercise but decimating the team halfway through the season will only put us in a bigger mess than we were at the beginning of the season.

Drylaw Hearts
Wasnt basso only on a couple of grand according his agent but hearts claimed he was asking for 7k to sign a new deal?

I think it was the other way round.

Basso is on ?7k and was offered only a couple of grand to sign a new extended deal.

Another waste of money.

Drylaw Hearts
Makela's basic wage isnt as big as Drivers. Makela is on a big goals/appearance bonus hence why we dont play him. Not that he could hit a cow's erse with a banjo and if he does come on he's tucked away in right midfield for fear of the ball hitting off him and going in and costing us a fortune.

The big 6 I quoted previously are our top earners, namely

Bruno

Ruben

Driver

Kingston

Kari

Nade

If that is the case then I really am surprised.

Not sure if this is posted anywhere else and I hate being so pessimistic but this coming January could be catastrophic for the team and the club.

According to talk 107 plus the rest of the top 6 high earners! If this is true that has got to mean bye bye Berra, Nade, Kingston, Makela (no loss) and probably Karipidis too!

Not sure about Driver tho!

You're over reacting a bit there.

The actual quotes from the Talk 107 article are

"Hearts have serious cash-flow issues and are looking to offload as many as half a dozen high earners in January."

and

"Hearts are desperate to get some of their best paid players off the wage bill."

Now while this is hardly good news it would appear that Talk 107 are reporting that Hearts are trying to offload some but not necessarily all of them.

I would surmise that the number that go will be, in part dependant on what offers are received.

If one player attracts an unexpectedly big offer then the pressure to sell the others is reduced.

If the club is struggling to get good prices for players then they may have to offload more players to make up the shortfall.

Talk 107 have no incentive to make the story sound less dramatic but even they seem to be describing your envisaged scenario as the worst case

Francis Albert
simply put

Come January, club offers 2 million for driver,driver hasnt been paid since december and is due 5 weeks wages.

Club says, well you can go, but only if you agree we dont need to pay you the 5 weeks we owe yu.

Player accepts as easier to walk away than be stuck fighting for them or to be released in court long term and lose more money or time from his career

Does this really work? If you've not received your last five wage packets you can surely walk away from your contract. It is a fundamental breach of contract. The SFA would soon withdraw the player registration in these circumstances. Flog yourself around to the highest signing-on fee bid and you are suddenly a lot, lot richer.

It has been reported that we have 60 yes 60 players. IF this figure is right then to reduce the wage will shouldn't really harm the team. I agree that as soon as a good offer comes in, we will take it but this has always been the case. Jumping from the wages not being paid, to we are selling everyone, only furthers the media's aganda and fans need to calm down a wait and see.

Drylaw Hearts
It has been reported that we have 60 yes 60 players. IF this figure is right then to reduce the wage will shouldn't really harm the team. I agree that as soon as a good offer comes in, we will take it but this has always been the case. Jumping from the wages not being paid, to we are selling everyone, only furthers the media's aganda and fans need to calm down a wait and see.

OMG.

Mork calling Orsen.....come in Orsen.

Mork%20&%20Mindy.jpg

Charlie-Brown

About 35 players on the books are under the age of 20 and play in the U17, U19 & reserves and earn comparatively little compared to the highest earners who reputedly earn half the total wage bill yet only account for one sixth of the playing staff.

Kingston

Nade

Makela

Paluzeulos

Aguiar

Basso

You have GOT to be joking with that last one....

OMG.

Mork%20&%20Mindy.jpg[/quote

Your point is? Too many on here jump from one percieved crisis to the next You have multiple posts and no solutions. Yes,some of our better players may well be sold in Jan. But that is no reason to start wailing and moaning about it until it happens. Look back at all your posts about the wages and tell me it wasn't a storm in a tea cup. Give me one peice of PROOF we will stop trading before the cup final. You and all the other doom and gloom guys need to sit back and take a deep breath.

"That could be a wise deal, i think we keep him and give us time to scout a new player or groom Husband to take over Bruno's role"

Think you are having a laugh Husband as the new Bruno ha ha ha. Thats like trying to turn a lada into a merc.

Not going to happen totally different type of player, Glen is about closest to that role in my opinion.

Francis Albert

I know we are heading for a heeuge cost cutting exercise but decimating the team halfway through the season will only put us in a bigger mess than we were at the beginning of the season.

Is it really just six weeks since these players whose loss would be catastrophic were in the view of many on here part of a useless squad of no-hopers who were relegation fodder or bottom six material at best?

Charlie-Brown
"That could be a wise deal, i think we keep him and give us time to scout a new player or groom Husband to take over Bruno's role"

Think you are having a laugh Husband as the new Bruno ha ha ha. Thats like trying to turn a lada into a merc.

Not going to happen totally different type of player, Glen is about closest to that role in my opinion.

I've seen young Scott Robinson & Danny Thomson play well in that role.

Does this really work? If you've not received your last five wage packets you can surely walk away from your contract. It is a fundamental breach of contract. The SFA would soon withdraw the player registration in these circumstances. Flog yourself around to the highest signing-on fee bid and you are suddenly a lot, lot richer.

Would the SFA withdraw the registration though? and even if they did hearts could drag the player through a lenghty court case and ruin a year of their career.

yes the player might eventually walk away but I reckon they would decide its better losing a few weeks wages - especially at a time they would be getting a signing on fee - than risking a long term court case,

I think the Top 6 are having their wages deferred until they leave.

Deals have been done imo.

That's the logical conclusion, but if deals have been done already I can't see us getting anywhere near the value that the fans put on the player's heads. I'm trying to find out but everyone is tight lipped.

I've been told that HMRC have been asked to wait until player sales in the window and I'm double checking that. I'm also double checking the amount I was told we owe them as it's an awful lot. I'll post it up if I get the same answer back (and get slaughtered for doing so ;))

Drylaw Hearts
OMG.

Mork%20&%20Mindy.jpg[/quote

Your point is? Too many on here jump from one percieved crisis to the next You have multiple posts and no solutions. Yes' date=some of our better players may well be sold in Jan. But that is no reason to start wailing and moaning about it until it happens. Look back at all your posts about the wages and tell me it wasn't a storm in a tea cup. Give me one peice of PROOF we will stop trading before the cup final. You and all the other doom and gloom guys need to sit back and take a deep breath.

I've never said we will stop trading - never !!

Anyway.....

you said that because we have 60 players on the books then by reducing the wage bill it won't really harm the team - how do you work that little nugget out ?

Francis Albert
Would the SFA withdraw the registration though? and even if they did hearts could drag the player through a lenghty court case and ruin a year of their career.

yes the player might eventually walk away but I reckon they would decide its better losing a few weeks wages - especially at a time they would be getting a signing on fee - than risking a long term court case,

The obvious answer to the first question is "like a shot". But leaving paranoia aside, it would surely be an outrageous breach of the individual's right to earn a living to keep him tied to a club that wasn't paying him. No court would allow it. My point on the signing on fee is that a free agent could negotiate a much bigger sum than someone who is subject to a transfer fee.

Nucky Thompson
That's the logical conclusion, but if deals have been done already I can't see us getting anywhere near the value that the fans put on the player's heads. I'm trying to find out but everyone is tight lipped.

I've been told that HMRC have been asked to wait until player sales in the window and I'm double checking that. I'm also double checking the amount I was told we owe them as it's an awful lot. I'll post it up if I get the same answer back (and get slaughtered for doing so ;))

Why don't you just feck off Sergey :hobofish:

I will get the head in the sand pics for this but DON'T post it!! Banderson and co. just love you to do their dirty work for them. Please don't post any more doom and gloom messages as the press are gagging to pounce.

The obvious answer to the first question is "like a shot". But leaving paranoia aside, it would surely be an outrageous breach of the individual's right to earn a living to keep him tied to a club that wasn't paying him. No court would allow it. My point on the signing on fee is that a fee agent could negotiate a much bigger sum than someone who is subject to a transfer fee.

I think there is enough risk involved to ensure a player would take the blackmail option than try and walk for nothing

Archived