Must they really drag this on? FRESH WAGE ROW

jambo191

He was well briefed last time red, CO was lined up to do his bit, SF was going to do the Finances etc but Rodders just went off one one and went completely off-message.

Ach, maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he did try it again...could be amusing...the papers would love to report a rammy at the AGM. :biggrin:

When is the next one anyway?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What would Hearts get out of deliberately delaying the wages for one day?

The gate receipts and other revenue from the game on Saturday so that they could afford to pay the wages might be an obvious answer.

The next stage after a club has problems (and we have had two probelms now, with no assurances that there wont be more) is USUALLY that it transpires that the club is in financial trouble. The next stage after that is USUALLY that the club goes out of business.

Why there are people on here masking that POSSIBILITY for Hearts and writing this off as a mere coincidental and meaningless blip, is beyond me.

In an ideal world a financially trouble free club pays its players on time. Twice now we havent would suggest the possibility at the very least that we're not in an ideal world and not financially trouble free.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The gate receipts and other revenue from the game on Saturday so that they could afford to pay the wages might be an obvious answer.

The next stage after a club has problems (and we have had two probelms now, with no assurances that there wont be more) is USUALLY that it transpires that the club is in financial trouble. The next stage after that is USUALLY that the club goes out of business.

Why there are people on here masking that POSSIBILITY for Hearts and writing this off as a mere coincidental and meaningless blip, is beyond me.

In an ideal world a financially trouble free club pays its players on time. Twice now we havent would suggest the possibility at the very least that we're not in an ideal world and not financially trouble free.

Mince! It was an all-ticket game so the cash would have been received days ago.

And I say the fans are saying it's time to sort it once and for all by returning 'fiscal autonomy' (a buzz phrase in the Scottish press) to Tynecastle.

The Daily Record. Without doubt my favourite publication. Soft, strong... and thoroughly absorbent.

I find it leaves "Royal Blue" marks on my bum however......:)

Seymour M Hersh
In which case, the solution, if you want to avoid a repeat (as we said we would last time it happened), is surely to set off the money transfer 4 or 5 days earlier?

What a simplistic world you live in JR.:)

Actually no, imo the solution would be to go to monthly as opposed to weekly. 12 payments far less likely to have issues as 52 payments are.

Seymour M Hersh
Nade's Lambo is long gone I'm afraid - now driving a Hummer. Do try to keep up on affairs relating to HMFC.

Actually it's a Cadillac Escalade not a Hummer. Still a big mofo of an SUV though.

He was well briefed last time red, CO was lined up to do his bit, SF was going to do the Finances etc but Rodders just went off one one and went completely off-message.

And I'm really glad he did, because it gave us a much clearer understanding of people currently "running" our wonderful club!

Guest JamboRobbo
What a simplistic world you live in JR.:)

How ironic.

Actually no, imo the solution would be to go to monthly as opposed to weekly. 12 payments far less likely to have issues as 52 payments are.

What an overly complex world you live in Seymour.

I wouldn't disagree that going down to 12 payments would decrease the likihood of us ****ing up again by roughly a factor of 4, but you claimed the problem was payments can take 4 or 5 extra days to process. If that is the reality of the problem, the solution to that problem is a lot simpler than the route you are suggesting. Just send off the payments a few days earlier and the problem is solved.

Don't worry, your mate Mr PDQ will be along in a minute to tell us all what really happened though!

Oh wait.........he seems to have disappeared. Can't think why.

You can't think why because you don't know what I do in my spare time. Sitting on Kickback all day isn't a habit I have though. If you don't want to face up to the fact that the club is in serious financial trouble then that's up to you. I've currently got the feelers out to see what we owe HMRC and whether they're chasing us. If I do find out and it's bad news am I allowed to post it up or should I keep it to myself?

Nucky Thompson
I've currently got the feelers out
You are that sad plum Sergey on pegsellers.net aren't you:hobofish:

You can't think why because you don't know what I do in my spare time. Sitting on Kickback all day isn't a habit I have though. If you don't want to face up to the fact that the club is in serious financial trouble then that's up to you. I've currently got the feelers out to see what we owe HMRC and whether they're chasing us. If I do find out and it's bad news am I allowed to post it up or should I keep it to myself?

Don't post bad news on here, doesn't go down well, we'll all just bury our heads in the sand then one day rock up to Tynie to find the doors locked, thats the approach of a lot on here

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but are the bonuses being deferred until Jan so Vlad can pull a 'Skacel' and force players to waive the bonuses they are entitled to, in order to get a move away in the window?

Don't post bad news on here, doesn't go down well, we'll all just bury our heads in the sand then one day rock up to Tynie to find the doors locked, thats the approach of a lot on here

I don't really think that is the case for most people on here. Most treat the revelations of those who claim to be "in the know" with the scepticism that so much of it rightly deserves. That's especially true of people whose ascertations of "knowledge" in the past have been shown to be nothing short of complete garbage.

Doesn't really matter...your credibility was shot to pieces after your last 'exclusive' so I imagine people might take anything you say with a large pinch of salt anyway. I know I will....but I didn't believe you in the first place...

I hear Woolies are also in severe financial difficulty, maybe they have a message board somewhere too....

Yes, we'd be much better off giving ourselves hernias and high blood pressure in the interim by listening to every half baked gasbag who claims to have inside information. That would really help.

Doesn't really matter...your credibility was shot to pieces after your last 'exclusive' so I imagine people might take anything you say with a large pinch of salt anyway. I know I will....but I didn't believe you in the first place...

I hear Woolies are also in severe financial difficulty, maybe they have a message board somewhere too....

Spot on redm, "credibility" - if he ever had any - all gone with the revelation that he knew the players could not get paid as "the money is not in the system". Maybe not the "system" you were looking at but it didn't stop the players withdrawing their cash, did it?

Care to explain that one Mr PDQ?

I agree with The Boo - all of the hallmarks of Sir Gay. Every word might be lapped up on weareeconomicgraduates.net but not over here - well, not by all at least.

Colonel Kurtz

The only feeling your doin mate is feelin yerself.

The info you posted about the wages proved to be 100% utter pesh,so you are allowed to post any "inside " info you have ,but nobody will believe you

PDQ... Piershill Drama Queen

Spot on redm, "credibility" - if he ever had any - all gone with the revelation that he knew the players could not get paid as "the money is not in the system". Maybe not the "system" you were looking at but it didn't stop the players withdrawing their cash, did it?

Care to explain that one Mr PDQ?

That's quite an easy one. If the money was in the system why were the players hit with the cost of each individual money transfer? The answer of course is that it came from somewhere else late on Monday. The money was never in the system.

Keep believing your own wee stories if you like, it doesn't bother me. Before you start your next tirade against me ask yourselves why the players haven't received their win bonus money. I'm sure you can all come up with a convenient wee story that completely ignores the fact that there is no money available to pay them it. You should try stopping and thinking about what's happening rather than heaping abuse on people who say things you don't like.

Yawn :movethatass:

You also remind me of that other Hobbit that was binned from here recently - Briasa1234 or whatever it was called.

Keep peddling crap that you know nothing about - see how many takers you get now that you've been rumbled.

That's quite an easy one. If the money was in the system why were the players hit with the cost of each individual money transfer? The answer of course is that it came from somewhere else late on Monday. The money was never in the system.

Keep believing your own wee stories if you like, it doesn't bother me. Before you start your next tirade against me ask yourselves why the players haven't received their win bonus money. I'm sure you can all come up with a convenient wee story that completely ignores the fact that there is no money available to pay them it. You should try stopping and thinking about what's happening rather than heaping abuse on people who say things you don't like.

Keep telling yourself that you get a tough time for simply speaking 'truths' that others don't want to hear....but you know perfectly well that it's a load of tripe. Lots of people are worried about it, but 99.9% of them haven't started announcing that they know things when they don't.

If you're going to waffle crap, don't get upset when people call you on it.

Colonel Kurtz

If that is the case then you or one of your mates have accessed players personal accounts ,and you are placing this info in the public domain/.

As all " view only" transactions on accounts are recorded against the user ID of the individual involved ,then perhaps HBOS can trace who is responsible if they receive a complaint

What absolute utter nonsense. With all the inside information you claim to have, ranging from stuff that could have only been known by Directors of UBIG to information on who owes what to HMRC, I can only assume this 'job' you claim to fear losing, is a hybrid of every financial services job in Continental Europe. Either that or you are omnipitent.

You are a Hibs supporter on the wind up, pretending to be a Hearts supporter, which is against forum rules...again...it's time for the mods to do their job and launch you back to wherever you came from...:hobofish:

The players were hit with the cost of the transfer?

I can't see this being possible, the club, their bankers could not charge to other peoples accounts a charge for a credit they are receiving.

Thus the only way to know would be if you knew a player or someone at the clubs payroll/HR function?

Is this the case.

Personally I find it very worrying, but this debate is looking at the wrong things, the wages are now paid, what is being done to stop a repeat is what is now relevant.

I do think though if the club were not to blame at all they should release a brief statement saying who was.

What absolute utter nonsense. With all the inside information you claim to have, ranging from stuff that could have only been known by Directors of UBIG to information on who owes what to HMRC, I can only assume this 'job' you claim to fear losing, is a hybrid of every financial services job in Continental Europe. Either that or you are omnipitent.

You are a Hibs supporter on the wind up, pretending to be a Hearts supporter, which is against forum rules...again...it's time for the mods to do their job and launch you back to wherever you came from...:hobofish:

Martin, I did ask what team he supported on an earlier thread.

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36407&page=3#post655481

Still waiting on an answer.

I can't see this being possible, the club, their bankers could not charge to other peoples accounts a charge for a credit they are receiving.

It's easily do-able by the company originating the payment(s) simply sending a net amount (sum due less "handling charge").

More to the point, why are people getting upset by this? Have to say I don't get up in the morning thinking "oh dear, I wonder what the press and media is saying about Hearts today?". There's no such thing as bad publicity so the whiners on here should get a grip.

It's easily do-able by the company originating the payment(s) simply sending a net amount (sum due less "handling charge").

More to the point, why are people getting upset by this? Have to say I don't get up in the morning thinking "oh dear, I wonder what the press and media is saying about Hearts today?". There's no such thing as bad publicity so the whiners on here should get a grip.

I agree. However, for some strange reason, you don't appear to extend this sensible rule to any article in the media which fails to criticise Celtic...

However, for some strange reason, you don't appear to extend this sensible rule to any article in the media which fails to criticise Celtic...

Sorry, but you've lost me now Shaun. :cool:

Sorry, but you've lost me now Shaun. :cool:

You often refer to the 'mhedia' - a very odd reaction for someone who doesn't care. :cool:

You often refer to the 'mhedia' - a very odd reaction for someone who doesn't care. :cool:

Ah! Why didn't you state this clearly in your earlier post? :rolleyes:

I find it odd that the prhess and mhedia is so pro-sellik. I don't get up in the morning and think about going to look for evidence, but when something bad happens - as it does with regular monotony - that's connected to that vile football club the brushes are out and the carpet corners are up. THAT'S when I take notice.

Ah! Why didn't you state this clearly in your earlier post? :rolleyes:

I find it odd that the prhess and mhedia is so pro-sellik. I don't get up in the morning and think about going to look for evidence, but when something bad happens - as it does with regular monotony - that's connected to that vile football club the brushes are out and the carpet corners are up. THAT'S when I take notice.

Sorry - I'm not always very good at expressing myself. :o

Why even care, though? Given you don't care about perceived anti-Hearts articles, why give two figs for perceived pro-Celtic ones? And moreover, why get upset if and when Rangers are criticised either?

Shaun, ra sellik is the most evil institution in world sport. I don't get riled by pro-sellik coverage, I get riled by "journalists" that ignore and gloss over what that evil club has been up to. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sorry - I'm not always very good at expressing myself. :o

Why even care, though? Given you don't care about perceived anti-Hearts articles, why give two figs for perceived pro-Celtic ones? And moreover, why get upset if and when Rangers are criticised either?

Ah but you know the answer to that one Shaun. His priorities don't place Hearts at the top of the pile. His hatred for Celtic takes pride of place there. One of these days we may even learn why. ;)

Shaun, ra sellik is the most evil institution in world sport. I don't get riled by pro-sellik coverage, I get riled by "journalists" that ignore and gloss over what that evil club has been up to. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well - they don't ignore them winning football matches and trophies, which constitutes most of what Celtic get up to. Nor do the press sit and worship at John Reid's feet in the way they do with David Murray. ****ing off Sir David is not a good career move.

I would say, though, that I'm just starting to detect a pro-Celtic refereeing bias within the all-encompassing OF bias: I think it's because Celtic are pretty much the new 'establishment club' (!), so are receiving favours which used to be handed out mainly to their rivals.

The Real Maroonblood
Yes, we'd be much better off giving ourselves hernias and high blood pressure in the interim by listening to every half baked gasbag who claims to have inside information. That would really help.

You shouldn't speak about yourself like that.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Please seek help.

You shouldn't speak about yourself like that.

:biggrin:

Oooookay, someone's clearly feeling feisty tonight....

Good impression of an 8 year old girl though.

Francis Albert

Obviously turning up at Tynecastle to find the doors locked (forever, I assume you mean, not just because it isn't a match day) is a nightmare for all of us. So what do we do to prevent it? I buy an ST, go to matches, buy a programme and a pie, buy stuff from the shop. What more?

I could post more alarmist stuff on JKB at any and every excuse I suppose. But how does that help?

Guest Fabuloso
Obviously turning up at Tynecastle to find the doors locked (forever, I assume you mean, not just because it isn't a match day) is a nightmare for all of us. So what do we do to prevent it? I buy an ST, go to matches, buy a programme and a pie, buy stuff from the shop. What more?

I could post more alarmist stuff on JKB at any and every excuse I suppose. But how does that help?

What credit crunch, eh?

I've been told that all players were charged a fee of ?15 to get their money and in my opinion this indicates it was a same day payment from somewhere as the money hadn't gone through the normal payroll process.

Nucky Thompson
I've been told that all players were charged a fee of ?15 to get their money and in my opinion this indicates it was a same day payment from somewhere as the money hadn't gone through the normal payroll process.
It was in this mornings Sun.

"Here lads. Here's your win bonus"

"We've docked you 15 sheets for your efforts"

What a disgrace if this story is true.

"Here lads. Here's your win bonus"

"We've docked you 15 sheets for your efforts"

What a disgrace if this story is true.

Indeed. Not going to comment any more on his because the only 2 things I got round to posting had already been mentioned/old news. Peebles here I come!!

Seymour M Hersh
How ironic.

What an overly complex world you live in Seymour.

I wouldn't disagree that going down to 12 payments would decrease the likihood of us ****ing up again by roughly a factor of 4, but you claimed the problem was payments can take 4 or 5 extra days to process. If that is the reality of the problem, the solution to that problem is a lot simpler than the route you are suggesting. Just send off the payments a few days earlier and the problem is solved.

Not at all. Life is simple just we humans make it complicated. You're comment about making the payment 4 or 5 days earlier was being way too simplistic, you knew that though but I guess that's how you get 20k + in posts.:P

Archived