Must they really drag this on? FRESH WAGE ROW

jambo191

Guest Fabuloso
Don't worry, your mate Mr PDQ will be along in a minute to tell us all what really happened though!

Oh wait.........he seems to have disappeared. Can't think why.

Evening GK! I forgot - bad news doesn't exist unless it can be proven in a court of law. Tell you what let's just brush it under the carpet for now and pretend it never happened.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hearts said on Friday that the players would be paid on Monday - as FA said, 1 banking day late - and they were.

What would Hearts get out of deliberately delaying the wages for one day? I just don't understand the benefit. Putting all conspiracy theories aside for a moment, can anyone answer that one please?

Francis Albert
It's the number of stories preceding this latest piece of news which makes it newsworthy. Not least the fact that late payment happened two months ago. Furthermore given the upheaval in the banking sector...

You mean the one and only previous story about players being paid late? So what made the previous story newsworthy?

And the banking sector upheaval has to date been much more virulent among Scottish banks than those dodgy East European outfits the media sem so concerned about.

Hearts said on Friday that the players would be paid on Monday - as FA said, 1 banking day late - and they were.

What would Hearts get out of deliberately delaying the wages for one day? I just don't understand the benefit. Putting all conspiracy theories aside for a moment, can anyone answer that one please?

3 days interest. It would probably buy a round of drinks at the board's Xmas party. :)

3 days interest. It would probably buy a round of drinks at the board's Xmas party. :)

...and presumably be wiped out by the bank charges? Put the bottles back in the cupboard, Dave.

Guest Fabuloso

Maybe Nade has a direct debit which comes out of his account on a certain day of the month to pay for his Lamborghini.

Drylaw Hearts
These days, I honestly don't believe that anyone would blink an eye if it happened at Hibs. They might laugh though.

And you've obviously had super-diligent employers because 4 of mine have been late with my wages in the past...a list which includes L&B's finest and multi-billionzillionaires Esso nonetheless.

Maybe because they are on a sounder financial footing than us.

However....

If they were in the same financial situation we are currently in and they failed to pay employees salaries on time, twice within a matter of weeks, there would be as many 'stories, theories and rumours about how long they've got before they go bust.

Don't you agree ?

Maybe Nade has a direct debit which comes out of his account on a certain day of the month to pay for his Lamborghini.

Nade's Lambo is long gone I'm afraid - now driving a Hummer. Do try to keep up on affairs relating to HMFC.

Evening GK! I forgot - bad news doesn't exist unless it can be proven in a court of law. Tell you what let's just brush it under the carpet for now and pretend it never happened.

missing the point.

it's not the reporting of the news that's the problem, it's the manner in which it's handled.

anything which includes the lines "record sport understands...", or "club insiders are believed to...." is not worth the paper it's written on.

a great deal of mischief making was participated in over this story. it's not compulsory to do it, it serves no purpose to the actual reporting of the news, it is driven by other agendas.

that's the problem.

I don't think anything's been done 'deliberately', or that there's any kind of conspiracy. I do think, however, that we have intermittent cashflow problems, and there's an obvious reason why:

a) Wages are paid weekly, not monthly; and

B) Bonuses have been deferred until January

In both cases, it's because (and this is just my opinion) money comes into the club on an ad hoc basis, and we cannot afford to pay the bonuses now. Plus, a business with cashflow problems wouldn't commit itself to paying large sums every month - it'd try and minimise the short-term outflow by paying smaller amounts on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, sometimes, the cash isn't there.

Guest Fabuloso
You mean the one and only previous story about players being paid late? So what made the previous story newsworthy?

And the banking sector upheaval has to date been much more virulent among Scottish banks than those dodgy East European outfits the media sem so concerned about.

I'm sure the US Govt and our Icelandic friends would disagree.

As stated it's the production line of ******-ups which attract criticism. In isolation it's not that bad however put a load together and it looks poor - from any angle. Not think?

Something is not right, but as supporters there isn't much much we can do. Unless someone can shed light on a potential buyer?

Nade's Lambo is long gone I'm afraid - now driving a Hummer. Do try to keep up on affairs relating to HMFC.

We're not all friends of the stars Iain I'm afraid. I hope it's one of those wee UK Hummers rather than an original Yank one as they ARE expensive to buy and run.

It's the number of stories preceding this latest piece of news which makes it newsworthy. Not least the fact that late payment happened two months ago. Furthermore given the upheaval in the banking sector...

I'm not all that well read up on the banking sector upheaval or how it is likely to impact upon Heart of Midlothian Football Club....

Could you explain please?

Guest Fabuloso

Really?! I hang my head in shame! Still got terrible taste.

...and presumably be wiped out by the bank charges? Put the bottles back in the cupboard, Dave.

Not sure what charges they would have to pay that they weren't incurring anyway. However, the 3 days interest wasn't a serious suggestion. The only issue is whether there is/was a cashflow problem within UBIG. My own view is that it's far more likely to be incompetence - a bit dull.

Maybe because they are on a sounder financial footing than us.

However....

If they were in the same financial situation we are currently in and they failed to pay employees salaries on time, twice within a matter of weeks, there would be as many 'stories, theories and rumours about how long they've got before they go bust.

Don't you agree ?

Nope, because that would be nonsensical overreaction and Jambos are less prone to such fits of daftness. That's a hobo thing.

;)

Guest Fabuloso
I'm not all that well read up on the banking sector upheaval or how it is likely to impact upon Heart of Midlothian Football Club....

Could you explain please?

There have been several major banks gone bust lately. It's been on the news quite a lot. It's because of a thing called the credit crunch which I won't bother explaning right now. This makes headlines - VR owns a bank - Hearts players don't get paid. I'm no journo however the makings of a story are right there in front of you.

Nope, because that would be nonsensical overreaction and Jambos are less prone to such fits of daftness. That's a hobo thing.

;)

You keep telling yourself that, sister! ;)

I don't think anything's been done 'deliberately', or that there's any kind of conspiracy. I do think, however, that we have intermittent cashflow problems, and there's an obvious reason why:

a) Wages are paid weekly, not monthly; and

B) Bonuses have been deferred until January

In both cases, it's because (and this is just my opinion) money comes into the club on an ad hoc basis, and we cannot afford to pay the bonuses now. Plus, a business with cashflow problems wouldn't commit itself to paying large sums every month - it'd try and minimise the short-term outflow by paying smaller amounts on a weekly basis. Unfortunately, sometimes, the cash isn't there.

Shaun, I'm familiar what businesses do when they have cashflow problems - when GF was Chairman, he had to phone Vlad when things weren't getting paid. Vlad then picked up the phone and sorted it there and then - something has no doubt changed in that particular chain of command.

It looks to me that the wages being 1 day late had nothing to do with cashflow as it looks like the money was always there.

There have been several major banks gone bust lately. It's been on the news quite a lot. It's because of a thing called the credit crunch which I won't bother explaning right now. This makes headlines - VR owns a bank - Hearts players don't get paid. I'm no journo however the makings of a story are right there in front of you.

You should be a journo with analytical skills like that. ;)

UKIO can't not have been affected by the credit crunch but we've no details as to the extent afaik.

We're not all friends of the stars Iain I'm afraid. I hope it's one of those wee UK Hummers rather than an original Yank one as they ARE expensive to buy and run.

Not mates with Nade, Dave - he just keeps trying to run me down in McLeod Street before / after games. I'm afraid it's a biggie.........

Shaun, I'm familiar what businesses do when they have cashflow problems - when GF was Chairman, he had to phone Vlad when things weren't getting paid. Vlad then picked up the phone and sorted it there and then - something has no doubt changed in that particular chain of command.

It looks to me that the wages being 1 day late had nothing to do with cashflow as it looks like the money was always there.

I hope you're right - and that this amounts to administrative incompetence which is now, finally, resolved. But that the bonuses have been deferred til January says to me there probably are problems; and at the very least, the dysfunctional, polycratic chain of command has to be sorted out for all our sakes.

Something is not right, but as supporters there isn't much much we can do. Unless someone can shed light on a potential buyer?

There is no potential buyer AFAIK.

Guest Fabuloso
missing the point.

it's not the reporting of the news that's the problem, it's the manner in which it's handled.

anything which includes the lines "record sport understands...", or "club insiders are believed to...." is not worth the paper it's written on.

a great deal of mischief making was participated in over this story. it's not compulsory to do it, it serves no purpose to the actual reporting of the news, it is driven by other agendas.

that's the problem.

V - speculation makes the newspapers. Everyone reads the sports pages because of it. We've all seen it on JKB - when it's positive - say a hypothetical example of Hearts being interested in a player - no-one has a go at the press and questions the motives. It's only the negative stories which get this type of reaction. Surely there's a bit around Hearts giving the press easy pickings?

Guest Fabuloso
You should be a journo with analytical skills like that. ;)

UKIO can't not have been affected by the credit crunch but we've no details as to the extent afaik.

One tries, Dave!

I know there are no real details in the public domain however my point is that it's easy to see how the papers are attracted to this story. It's not an agenda basically.

I hope you're right - and that this amounts to administrative incompetence which is now, finally, resolved. But that the bonuses have been deferred til January says to me there probably are problems; and at the very least, the dysfunctional, polycratic chain of command has to be sorted out for all our sakes.

I don't know enough about the bonus scheme to pass comment - there are others on here who are far closer to the players who may wish to.

You are dead right about the chain of command though. Maybe now that he's not tied up with faxing team selections over, VR will have more time to sort out the finances.

Drylaw Hearts

;)

I'm afraid there would be too much fun to be had for that to be true.

:)

Thank you kindly.

When you mentioned the upheaval in the banking sector in relation to all these 'stories' you've heard, I thought you might actually have something a little more specific to Hearts, UKIO or Vlad. Clearly not.

Guest Fabuloso
Thank you kindly.

When you mentioned the upheaval in the banking sector in relation to all these 'stories' you've heard, I thought you might actually have something a little more specific to Hearts, UKIO or Vlad. Clearly not.

Not a journo mate. Ask them.

Thank you kindly.

Think it's PDQ who does the specifics in this partnership redm, this is the generic one.

Guest Fabuloso
Think it's PDQ who does the specifics in this partnership redm, this is the generic one.

You two are completely missing the point of this - I hope it's deliberate!

The issue was why this story has become a major story in the press. From their perspective it's an attractive one whether they know all the facts or not. See earlier posts about credit crunch etc. It's all explained up there.

The issue was why this story has become a major story in the press. From their perspective it's an attractive one whether they know all the facts or not. See earlier posts about credit crunch etc. It's all explained up there.

QED.

AS FA pointed out ,also further up the thread, that makes it a non-story in my eyes.

Guest Fabuloso
QED.

AS FA pointed out ,also further up the thread, that makes it a non-story in my eyes.

Most stories are based on speculation. As I stated earlier it's the steady succession of ******-ups which have haunted Hearts over the past while which is adding to the creedence of this parfticular article. Not least the last non-payment.

I agree this story in isolation doesn't excite me however on the back of the last few years it looks poor.

Most stories are based on speculation. As I stated earlier it's the steady succession of ******-ups which have haunted Hearts over the past while which is adding to the creedence of this parfticular article. Not least the last non-payment.

I agree this story in isolation doesn't excite me however on the back of the last few years it looks poor.

Sorry, you'll have to enlighten me there. What financial stories (other than the previous 'glitch') have I missed over the last few years?

Is it about Nade's car again?

Guest Fabuloso
Sorry, you'll have to enlighten me there. What financial stories (other than the previous 'glitch') have I missed over the last few years?

Is it about Nade's car again?

******-ups in general Iain - not just related to the world of finance. I rate the last AGM quite highly in this list if that helps. I'm guessing you thought it was brilliant?

Drylaw Hearts
QED.

But by not paying the players on time for the 2nd time in a few weeks we've given them all they need to run with the story - even if they have twisted it a bit.

I think we all know how newspapers work and what they'll do to aid sales - why does anyone even bother questioning their motives ?

Also.....

I recall when Burley :) was announced as Manager and within a couple of days there was a story in The Sun and pictures of 5 or 6 players apparantly on his wish list.

IIRC, Joey Barton was one of them.

A complete 'non-story'.

But nobody complained about the The Sun making up stories that day.

But by not paying the players on time for the 2nd time in a few weeks we've given them all they need to run with the story - even if they have twisted it a bit.

I think we all know how newspapers work and what they'll do to aid sales - why does anyone even bother questioning their motives ?

Also.....

I recall when Burley :) was announced as Manager and within a couple of days there was a story in The Sun and pictures of 5 or 6 players apparantly on his wish list.

IIRC, Joey Barton was one of them.

A complete 'non-story'.

But nobody complained about the The Sun making up stories that day.

Maybe not - because I don't believe any of them until a player is holding a Hearts scarf above his head on the pitch at Tynie.

Well, the specifics bit probably didn't go quite according to plan last time. So I s'pose it's to be expected...this wishy washy windbaggery....

******-ups in general Iain - not just related to the world of finance. I rate the last AGM quite highly in this list if that helps. I'm guessing you thought it was brilliant?

I wasn't there but most seem to have gotten over that seen that Rodders has never been seen since.

Deliberate? Of course not....

I understand the media's incessant gabbling interest in these things quite well, I'm just struggling a little more with yours.

Drylaw Hearts
Maybe not - because I don't believe any of them until a player is holding a Hearts scarf above his head on the pitch at Tynie.

Especially when it's players like the one's in that particular article !!!!

I think we need to take the rough with the smooth with the media and it was as all smooth back in those days and not we're getting it a bit rough - but that is no surprise considering the comments aimed at the media by The Romanovs.

We can't expect well balanced reporting from people whom we've made enemies.

Drylaw Hearts
I wasn't there but most seem to have gotten over that seen that Rodders has never been seen since.

I wonder if he'll make the next AGM ?

Well, he is the Chairman. :P

I'd bet vast sums of cash that he's probably not looking forward to it though...I'd also wager that he'll say next to nothing this time around apart from one well rehearsed, pleasant and uplifting statement designed to appease the growling masses.

He'd be better off staying at home. Useless wee slug that he is...

I'd bet vast sums of cash that he's probably not looking forward to it though...I'd also wager that he'll say next to nothing this time around apart from one well rehearsed, pleasant and uplifting statement designed to appease the growling masses.

He was well briefed last time red, CO was lined up to do his bit, SF was going to do the Finances etc but Rodders just went off one one and went completely off-message.

Drylaw Hearts

I couldn't agree more.

:)

Why don't you stay home

Why don't you stay ho-ome

Rodney the Chairman

Why don't you stay home?

Archived