Whats your local?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Used to be the Torphichen Inn when I lived in Torphichen. Now The Corner House in Innerleithen because I live in Innerleithen :)

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although i live in Forrester Park now i was brought up in the Calders so i always regard my local as The Artful Dodger in Sighthill Centre.

That was the first boozer i called 'my local' although it was called the raeburn bar at the time and a pint of lager and lime was only 98p , happy days.

Its been changed to " The Stockbridge Tap" and it absolutley pish in there now.. Also the prices have went up big time and they dont even do doubles either..:eek:

Thistle Tavern in Dunfermline

Ha my girlfriend stays near there, I'm in there a few times a week!! :)

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Horseshoe gorgie road on the odd occasion I'm out:)

Get sick of the bampots at the topend who think they own the place,the 2 pints of lager brigade and their anyones:eek:

Unfortunately, the Rainbow is my local.

As far as I'm concerned though, my local is the Diggers.

It's only a wee bus journey away.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Winstons. A few of my friends live within a stones throw of it, one of them now works there and it's somewhere we can call our own!

You cannae even swear in Winstons.

AS - "blah blah blah **** blah blah!"

Barman - "You cannae swear in here son!"

AS - "****"

Barman - "Barred"

Used to go in for a "Pie and Pint" at lunchtimes - would have to agree that they are quality.

In terms of locality, my locals would be the Hunters Tryst and the Goodies, never go near either that much, esp not the Goodies! Although I did have one quality night in there as a drunk 16 year old on 16/5/98.

In terms of pubs I'm in most often, either Robbo's or the Advocate on Hunter Square.

The Ellwyn Hotel on Moira Terrace - becuase it's directly accross the road from my house

I was in there yesterday! It's a bit pants!

Saying that, my local is the fountain!

Say What Again
I was in there yesterday! It's a bit pants!

I'm not going to argue with that.

I gets my custom because a) it's about 20 yards from my house B) the next nearest is Scotties and I've never been that keen on a free headbut with my pint and c) whenever i go in I'll always know someone to talk too.

What time were you in yesterday?

During the day it's full of pensioners.

I gets my custom because a) it's about 20 yards from my house B) the next nearest is Scotties and I've never been that keen on a free headbut with my pint and c) whenever i go in I'll always know someone to talk too.

I was in quite early to be fair! Was full of pensioners but the bit through the back looked alright! The geordie boy behind the bar was pretty sound!

Hmmm.We'll have to agree to disagree on the McPhabb's guy (Denis?).The food is top notch though, and i can think of few boozers in Glasgow in which I would prefer to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I've never been in the Ivy. What's it like? When do you DJ in it? Might well pop in.

I play occassionally in there, it''s a cracking wee boozer.

They have about 50 different black rums if that's your thing.

I liked he Variety back when I lived through there, also the Griffin. Is that still there?

The Oak was my local in Corstorphine and is probably the pub I go to most, which isn't that often to be honest.

The Variety is superb, probably my favourite pub in Glasgow. The Griffin is a wee bit more Jake-tastic but is cheap and has great beer.

Love the Big Slope. Used to be Air Organic?

Big Kev the owner is a legend.

Not a big fan of the Big Slope. Air Organic used to brilliant about 6 years ago. DJ'd in there a few times as well. They used to have a great hip-hop night on Sundays.

Mr Brightside

Broadfields bar for me, decent juke box, has all the footie next to a good chippy (but possibly the worst chinese) and a bookies over the road.

The Variety is superb, probably my favourite pub in Glasgow. The Griffin is a wee bit more Jake-tastic but is cheap and has great beer.

Not a big fan of the Big Slope. Air Organic used to brilliant about 6 years ago. DJ'd in there a few times as well. They used to have a great hip-hop night on Sundays.

You're right about Air Organic, and the Variety. I used to work in both of them!

Get sick of the bampots at the topend who think they own the place,the 2 pints of lager brigade and their anyones:eek:

:P:rolleyes:

tommythejambo

I gets my custom because a) it's about 20 yards from my house B)the next nearest is Scotties and I've never been that keen on a free headbut with my pint and c) whenever i go in I'll always know someone to talk too.

Haha! Aye, Scotties is a dive. Not been in since my mates birthday in June, never been keen to go back since, worst draught lager/beer/cider I have ever encountered, plus the owner got a kicking a few weeks ago.

tommythejambo
Broadfields bar for me, decent juke box, has all the footie next to a good chippy (but possibly the worst chinese) and a bookies over the road.

How long you drank in Broaddies for mate? I'm in there now and then aswell.

Also never found the Chineese that bad.

Say What Again

It's not bad after half a dozen pints :P

Mr So's is better.

You're right about Air Organic, and the Variety. I used to work in both of them!

I know Simon and Louis that worked in the Variety.

How long ago did you work there?

Did you ever work at the Sunday hiphop sesh at Air Organic?

I know Simon and Louis that worked in the Variety.

How long ago did you work there?

Did you ever work at the Sunday hiphop sesh at Air Organic?

I think Simon and Louis have a wee gig on a Sat night on ITV now:p

My local is the Bay Inn because it's a 2 minute walk, does'nt have much else going for it though

chester copperpot
It's not bad after half a dozen pints :P

Mr So's is better.

Rubbish, the Loon Wah is miles better than Mr So's.

One of the finest Egg Fried Rice's in Edinburgh. Get it when I'm down at my mum's visiting (Rice and curry sauce that is)

Say What Again
Rubbish, the Loon Wah is miles better than Mr So's.

Agreed it is mate, but you're going away from the area a wee bit from the 'local' pubs we were originally talking about.

I'd have to walk past 8 pubs before I got to the Loon Wah. So while it is a better Chinese, it's not the best in the immediate area.

chester copperpot
Agreed it is mate, but you're going away from the area a wee bit from the 'local' pubs we were originally talking about.

I'd have to walk past 8 pubs before I got to the Loon Wah. So while it is a better Chinese, it's not the best in the immediate area.

9?

Ellwyn Hotel, The Scotty, Broadfields.

Thats 3 naw, struggling to think of the others, unless your including the Craigy Bowling club on Christiemillar (I think).

Say What Again
9?

Ellwyn Hotel, The Scotty, Broadfields.

Ellwyn, Scotties, Broadfields, Porters, Sinatras, Jocks Lodge, Crown & Cushion, LimeLite & The Angle Club.

chester copperpot
Ellwyn, Scotties, Broadfields, Porters, Sinatras, Jocks Lodge, Crown & Cushion, LimeLite & The Angle Club.

Sheckt.

I didn't mean the loon wah in Meadowbank, meant the one next to Gio's on the broadway, what a fud I am. :)

heartgarfunkel

Good to hear there are a good few customers of the Broad on here. Can't beat a 'Super Sunday' in the Broad - cheap bevvy at the Willowbrae Bowling Club with big Brough and other stalwarts then back to the Broad to get mashed before a Geo's fish supper. The high life! It's been too long!:o

tommythejambo

Talking of locals I was in the Old Right Wing tonight (Now Republich) a Chineese bar and resturant.

Gash doesn't quite do it justice as a boozer. Food might be good though.

chester copperpot
Talking of locals I was in the Old Right Wing tonight (Now Republich) a Chineese bar and resturant.

Gash doesn't quite do it justice as a boozer. Food might be good though.

Used to play footie for the Right Wing.

The fact its been turned into a Chinese makes me sad. This was a boozer of hard men and nutters. Fair enough it may have been a hibs boozer, but had one of my best ever hearts scraps in there.

The Old Chain Pier, although I normally venture along the Shore to Carriers Quarters or The Harbour if I'm feeling lazy.

My old local was some Irish pub with a Celtic League Champions flag outside in Leeds. Never went in.

tommythejambo
Used to play footie for the Right Wing.

The fact its been turned into a Chinese makes me sad. This was a boozer of hard men and nutters. Fair enough it may have been a hibs boozer, but had one of my best ever hearts scraps in there.

To be fair, the last time I was in was on Xmas eve last year and it was dead. Not a soul there. The Chinese (Republik) was pretty busy when I nipped in tonight.

l never really found it THAT much of a Hibs pub, seen them run a bus to the 2005/06 semi and it was just Hearts fans in at 7.30am.

However, being only 19 I never really seen it years ago.

chester copperpot
To be fair, the last time I was in was on Xmas eve last year and it was dead. Not a soul there. The Chinese (Republik) was pretty busy when I nipped in tonight.

l never really found it THAT much of a Hibs pub, seen them run a bus to the 2005/06 semi and it was just Hearts fans in at 7.30am.

Mate, never really drank in it, just used to play football for them, and the vast majority were hibs fans.

I only got away with drinking after the games we played because I played for the pub.

That was my take on it anyway, other similar age jambo's might be able to confirm/deny.

heartgarfunkel

Was on the Right Wing Hearts bus to the first (1-1?) semi with Airdrie, 1992 or 3 I think. Irvine Welsh couldn't do it justice, even in his most florid, imaginative prose. Off the ****ing bammer scale on many counts. A phenomenal laugh, but genuinely frightening on several occassions. A large minority never got back from Glasgow until the Monday afternoon;), and the remnants managed a shift back in the Right Wing before tackling the Lady Nairne and the legend that was the Willowbrae Hotel.

Odd thing to say.

Mr Brightside
How long you drank in Broaddies for mate? I'm in there now and then aswell.

Used to be in at least once evey weekend not so often now, was in last saturday night, never any decent barmaids tho!

Mr Brightside
Good to hear there are a good few customers of the Broad on here. Can't beat a 'Super Sunday' in the Broad - cheap bevvy at the Willowbrae Bowling Club with big Brough and other stalwarts then back to the Broad to get mashed before a Geo's fish supper. The high life! It's been too long!:o

Super Sunday's are awsome in the fields, evey bank holiday weekend its a good staring point, before going into town.

Cappuccino Kid
The Polton Inn, I regard as my local, as if I go out to a pub, then its there.

Local proximity wise, the Reyesville.

Reyesville for me at least there a Hearts bus goes from there. Polton Inn wasn't even the best pub in Poltonhall when the 4 in hand / Chesters was open.

winston churchill

i drank in the bottom shop(leef links) for over ten years.

now,geographically speaking it's the chain pier.

match days,ardmillan hotel,sample room,athletic arms,auld worthies,dickens,haymarket.

Archived