Whats your local?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gavsy Van Gaverson
I know its been done before but what the hell. Whats your local boozer and why?

The Carrick Knowe Inn, because I live in Carrick Knowe.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Victoria's or The Pond in Leith

Pond sways it as its a better boozer

Live in Forrester Park so technically The Gaunlet is probably my local... but **** going there for a laugh.

So it has to be The Corstorphine Inn.

Get a bit ****ed off with the place at times but I don't think I have ever went in there without meeting a mate or at least someone I know well enough to have a bevvy with. Not really seen too much trouble though we can do without some of the ******s who used to go to the Rainbow coming down now.

Waverley, Balmwell or Marmion for me!

My former watering holes.

Nowadays it's Luckies, Robbos, The Westfield or The Fountain. The shuffle as I like to call it:cool::cool:

Used to be Berts bar and the Tic in stockbridge

That was the first boozer i called 'my local' although it was called the raeburn bar at the time and a pint of lager and lime was only 98p , happy days.

tommythejambo

The nearest pub to me is probably the Lady Nairn, but thats gash.

Drink in the Ormelie in Porty alot though as alot of my mates drink in there (incedentally, 2 of them were slashed outside it a few Saturdays back, anyone who knows the Pub will know that thats massively out of character for it). When not there can sometimes be found in Broadfields.

McPhabbs, Chinaski's, The Ivy, Nice n' Sleazy and the Variety are all within a couple of minutes walk and are all bars I use.

Generic Username

The pub nearest to me is The Golden Rule, then The Polwarth Tavern but The Diggers is my local in that, it's the only boozer I go into.

Say What Again
Drink in the Ormelie in Porty alot though as alot of my mates drink in there (incedentally, 2 of them were slashed outside it a few Saturdays back, anyone who knows the Pub will know that thats massively out of character for it).

It certainly is :eek:

heartgarfunkel
The nearest pub to me is probably the Lady Nairn, but thats gash.

Drink in the Ormelie in Porty alot though as alot of my mates drink in there (incedentally, 2 of them were slashed outside it a few Saturdays back, anyone who knows the Pub will know that thats massively out of character for it). When not there can sometimes be found in Broadfields.

Tommy, I hope your mates are okay, all things considered. Shocked to hear that about the Ormelie.

Technically The Silver Wing is my 'local' and i'm in there occasionaly but i do most of my drinking in the CK1 International Bar & Lounge.

Aka The Carrick Knowe Inn.

McPhabbs, Chinaski's, The Ivy, Nice n' Sleazy and the Variety are all within a couple of minutes walk and are all bars I use.

I drink in all those pubs. What about Black Sparrow- next door to Chinaski's? It's the same people that own it. It's a nice boozer.

Also, white russians for ?2 in Sleazy's. Lovely.

Not been in McPhabb's for a while. Is that tosser with the curly hair still the manager?

I drink in all those pubs. What about Black Sparrow- next door to Chinaski's? It's the same people that own it. It's a nice boozer.

Also, white russians for ?2 in Sleazy's. Lovely.

Not been in McPhabb's for a while. Is that tosser with the curly hair still the manager?

He is a decent guy, apart from being a Sellick fan.

One of my mates has a daughter and he always gives her crisps and juice for free everytime she's there. Decent food and you can watch the football as well.

Was in Black Sparrow last week. Not bad but pretty damn pricey.

I sometimes DJ in the Ivy, great wee boozer.

if i take the bird out its the carricknowe, just across the road, quite handy

if im out myself its the bowlers rest

I heard a rumour you canny handle yir peeve son:)

Victoria's or The Pond in Leith

Pond sways it as its a better boozer

my mates the manager there. he's a good guy but his face is always tripping him. he also knows zero about football. ask him what team he supporst he says man u.

they where all my locals till i moved house. i would add big slope and gazzelle as the ones i would drink in the most tho in that area. decent scran on macphabbs.

my local now is some midden celtic bar. only good thing about it is it opens at 8.30am.

tommythejambo
Tommy, I hope your mates are okay, all things considered. Shocked to hear that about the Ormelie.

Aye they are fine, one of my mates has a few scars which won't heal but out of sight. All in all it could have been alot worse.

Links Bar and Golf Tavern are both round corner from me, but too expensive and full of n0bs. I prefer to saunter down to Gorgie.

He is a decent guy, apart from being a Sellick fan.

One of my mates has a daughter and he always gives her crisps and juice for free everytime she's there. Decent food and you can watch the football as well.

Was in Black Sparrow last week. Not bad but pretty damn pricey.

I sometimes DJ in the Ivy, great wee boozer.

Hmmm.We'll have to agree to disagree on the McPhabb's guy (Denis?).The food is top notch though, and i can think of few boozers in Glasgow in which I would prefer to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I've never been in the Ivy. What's it like? When do you DJ in it? Might well pop in.

they where all my locals till i moved house. i would add big slope and gazzelle as the ones i would drink in the most tho in that area. decent scran on macphabbs.

my local now is some midden celtic bar. only good thing about it is it opens at 8.30am.

Love the Big Slope. Used to be Air Organic?

Big Kev the owner is a legend.

Winstons. A few of my friends live within a stones throw of it, one of them now works there and it's somewhere we can call our own!

robin hood jambo

Brauhaus on Lauriston Place (new local)

Robin Hood, Sherwood, Nottingham (Old local)

Winstons. A few of my friends live within a stones throw of it, one of them now works there and it's somewhere we can call our own!

The Haggis Pie, Chips and Beans is a winner!!

Love the Big Slope. Used to be Air Organic?

Big Kev the owner is a legend.

it did, i only went in a few times when it was tho. it had become a dump by the time i moved to glasgow.

food is the best food i have had in a pub. could go some of the sweet potato mash and itialian suasage.

Technically the MidYoken is my local, but i'd rather poke my eyes out with sticks than go in that hole. I've lived nearby for 7 years and been in there once, which was enough.

The Rainbow was my local until it closed down, so I'm back drinking with mates in Davidsons Mains now. How the Rainbow shut and the Mid remains open is a complete mystery.

At least with the Rainbow if you kept yourself to yourself, noone would bother you, but at the Mid you are in bother unless you are "known" to the regulars.

it did, i only went in a few times when it was tho. it had become a dump by the time i moved to glasgow.

food is the best food i have had in a pub. could go some of the sweet potato mash and itialian suasage.

The food is amazing in there.

Air Organic was a great pub in its day, but it did become terrible.

The Haggis Pie, Chips and Beans is a winner!!

Aye, you're not wrong! Cannae eat it all but the haggis is the baws. Steak pies are good too. Think they maybe get them from H Simpson at Carrick Knowe as I know they supply Thomson's in Morrison Street with their pies and they seem the same to me.

I liked he Variety back when I lived through there, also the Griffin. Is that still there?

The Oak was my local in Corstorphine and is probably the pub I go to most, which isn't that often to be honest.

I liked he Variety back when I lived through there, also the Griffin. Is that still there?

The Oak was my local in Corstorphine and is probably the pub I go to most, which isn't that often to be honest.

The Griffin is still there. A cracking beerpub.

Libby Inn (dive) or Robins Nest, I live at the Inch :)

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time.

its just had a bit of a refurb by the looks of it the last time i passed it a few weeks back.

I know i'm right seeing as i have drunk you under the table on a few occasions.

i cant disagree untill i know who you are....but i think you could be right...lol

Being a West Lothian lad my local is the Torphichen Arms in Mid Calder. Reason, it sells a good pint of Miller (for now), im the pool captain and you can have a decent laugh. It is closing in January for refurb and for that time I can say I will be totally lost.

Archived