Real Fans v Part time fans etc

Independence

Guest S.U.S.S.
There were over 13000 fans today. Glory Hunters were absent once again!!!!!!

To one and everyone, on an extremeley, cold day, well done.

A special thanks to fans who travelled far, well done, Manchester Hearts , Dumfries Hearts and my own lot from North Berwick!!!!!!!

How sad it is that some fans will not support the team at Tynecasltle because of, well WHY??????????

LOYALTY, Great day and thanks Hearts once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not just type.

Quick, Everyone, LOOK AT ME!!! IM GREAT!

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest S.U.S.S.
Why ??????? erm..................because I live over 10,000 miles away. I apologise for not being a loyal supporter. I would also like to apologise for not making the 1896 1956 and 1968 Scottish Cup Finals as I wasn't born then.

Hang you head in shame, just because you were not born!!!!!!!!!!! Some fan you!

MacDonald Jardine
fans will come floading back if a team is doing well, some people are just like that dosnt make them less loyal...plus in the run up 2 xmas and the way things are this xmas with peoples finances is it really a suprise there a re empty seats.

That's exactly what it makes them.

fans will come floading back if a team is doing well, some people are just like that dosnt make them less loyal...plus in the run up 2 xmas and the way things are this xmas with peoples finances is it really a suprise there a re empty seats.

To add to MacDonald Jardine's comment, which I agree with, these people haven't been Christmas Shopping since the end of July.

There were over 13000 fans today. Glory Hunters were absent once again!!!!!!

To one and everyone, on an extremeley, cold day, well done.

A special thanks to fans who travelled far, well done, Manchester Hearts , Dumfries Hearts and my own lot from North Berwick!!!!!!!

How sad it is that some fans will not support the team at Tynecasltle because of, well WHY??????????

LOYALTY, Great day and thanks Hearts once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not at the game on Saturday because my Mum turned 60. Does that make me not a Hearts fan?

I was not at the game on Saturday because my Mum turned 60. Does that make me not a Hearts fan?

Of course you're a Hearts fan, just not a loyal or proper one. You let something as trivial as your mum's 60th birthday get in the way of going to Tynie? Really?! Couldn't you have persuaded her to have her birthday a day later or just wait until her 61st to have a proper celebration? :)

Of course you're a Hearts fan, just not a loyal or proper one. You let something as trivial as your mum's 60th birthday get in the way of going to Tynie? Really?! Couldn't you have persuaded her to have her birthday a day later or just wait until her 61st to have a proper celebration? :)

I did try, but she just wasn't up for it. Rest assusred she is getting struck off the christmas card list though.

I did try, but she just wasn't up for it. Rest assusred she is getting struck off the christmas card list though.

I should bloody well think so! ;) Hope you had a good party.

Spend money on players - attendances go up

Lower spending on players - attendances go down again

The world continues to turn,

I actually think we've spent too much. Over the past 2 or 3 years Hearts have wasted a ghastly amount of cash on players who were worth nowhere near what we paid for them. But the bottom line is crowds would not have dropped off as much if the club was presented in a well run manner and still able to challenge for honours, which should still be possible without chucking money at it. If the 2005/06 season proved anything it's that any SPL club that gets it act together and is well organised can take on and beat the big 2.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
I am the best fan. 430 mile round trip to tynecastle

So the thread can close and you can all look up to me. End of;)

760 mile (as the crow flies) round trip to Tynecastle.

Re-open the thread :P

I only do home games and i have missed 3 so far this season.

I must be a part-timer.;)

Miller Jambo 60
But I bet you loved it when our support out numbered the Hobo's on Semi-Final day.

How many of our support that day were so-called 'glory hunters' ?

What semi was that:107years::107years::107years::107years:

I actually think we've spent too much. Over the past 2 or 3 years Hearts have wasted a ghastly amount of cash on players who were worth nowhere near what we paid for them. But the bottom line is crowds would not have dropped off as much if the club was presented in a well run manner and still able to challenge for honours, which should still be possible without chucking money at it. If the 2005/06 season proved anything it's that any SPL club that gets it act together and is well organised can take on and beat the big 2.

I agree with the first half of your post.

Not so much the second half. What 05/06 showed us is that some degree of investment and a talented manager can challenge the Old Firm if they are not at their best. The reality is though, that no team outwith the Old Firm can afford to play the likes of Brellier, Jankauskis, Bednar, Fysass and Skacel whilst retaining their best players.

However with the investment we've received over the past 3 seasons any finish short of third is unacceptable.

To be a real Hearts fan you must have endured

a) 0-7

B) 86

c) Have attended every home match since you were born

And that will be the end of it.

:rolleyes:

Guest Dipped Flake

a) 0-7

B) 86

Damn, 2 out of 3....

Damn, 2 out of 3....

Life is tuff but I am affraid you are just a 'part timer'

Thanks for playing!:)

The 'glory hunters' are the very fans we need to attract to take us to the next level -- no need to abuse them.

If we are to grow it will start with those people who have an affinity for Hearts becoming fans who attend matches and then their families and friends coming along -- whether you like it or not they are part of our present and future.

Many may not attend but buy items of clothing from the club shop and other outlets -- that money is no less important as gate money is to us.

Sensible conciliatory post.

To see if you are a real fan then take the simple test;

You have ?30 in your pocket, do you

A - Spend it on beer after a hard week at work.

B - Buy the new DVD/CD/X box game you have been waiting for.

C - Buy a ticket for the Hearts game*.

A real fan would go C. Everytime. FACT.

* Away ticket as a real fan would have a ST.

;)

Yep, real fans would bankrupt themselves to watch a bunch of milionairre's kick a ball about a piece of grass :D

Was Vlad at the game by the way? :o

Hans von Luck

a) 0-7

B) 86

2 OUT OF 3 :ahhhhhhh:

Archived