Real Fans v Part time fans etc

Independence

I went to out tonight with an old pal of mine. He'd got rid of his ST like many others however he was part of a group of NINE who all did the same thing. These are guys who had 20+ years each. Whichever way you cut it this a sad story. Great fans - every one of them and not at Tynecastle anymore. You do the math.

Just surprised you didn't say a group of SEVEN!!!

You do the math.

:107years::hobofish:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like the fact that I made a stand by not attending.

I dislike the fact that I have to do this.

But you're delighted with the result, no doubt?

You don't. It's your choice. ;)

Just annoys me when people don't get it.

It just annoys me that people take the moral high ground over things like this.

It does not make you special that you choose not to go to games.

It means you have made a choice - woopdy fecking doo.

You are free to do whatever you want and thats fine I respect that.

But dont come on here preaching about it.

Guest Fabuloso

My head says we need to implode to progress. My heart says I'm delighted whenever we score a goal. All I know is that there are many supporters who don't go anymore and it's nothing to do with performance. I'm not talking about sunny day fans either.

My head says we need to implode to progress. My heart says I'm delighted whenever we score a goal. All I know is that there are many supporters who don't go anymore and it's nothing to do with performance. I'm not talking about sunny day fans either.

Guest Fabuloso
It just annoys me that people take the moral high ground over things like this.

It does not make you special that you choose not to go to games.

It means you have made a choice - woopdy fecking doo.

You are free to do whatever you want and thats fine I respect that.

But dont come on here preaching about it.

No offence mate but that's the nature of this forum - no? In response to above it does make me special and you know it!

Gav Aitchison

By similar logic to that espoused by some here, can we assume that the 4.97million Scots who weren't at Hampden on Wednesday are less Scottish than those who were there?

These threads are pointless and bizarre.

Positively hopping from foot to foot!

We've won our fourth game in a row, and the wee team are imploding despite beating a weakened and failing Motherwell side today. Why can't you just be pleased about that without trying to sound cynical? And spare me the "making a stand" stuff, because it doesn't add up.

Guest Fabuloso
We've won our fourth game in a row, and the wee team are imploding despite beating a weakened and failing Motherwell side today. Why can't you just be pleased about that without trying to sound cynical? And spare me the "making a stand" stuff, because it doesn't add up.

It makes perfect sense to me. It may not be your view and I respect that. Some fans will go to the games no matter how the board treat them and that's fine. I for one have options on a Saturday which now are more relevant and appealing than forking out ?300 to watch a team picked by VR.

It makes perfect sense to me. It may not be your view and I respect that. Some fans will go to the games no matter how the board treat them and that's fine. I for one have options on a Saturday which now are more relevant and appealing than forking out ?300 to watch a team picked by VR.

It still doesn't add up. Whether or not you have a problem with VR, you should be pleased with the latest run of results. The fact that you aren't speaks volumes. As for your "mate" and his "nine mates", all I can say is that collectively the "eleven of you" are less than convincing.

:thumb:

And your options are?

portobellojambo1
Just annoys me when people don't get it.

What exactly are people supposed to get. My understanding is you have made a choice to no longer go to watch HMFC, which is fine if that is what you want to do.

I assume that what you mean with regards to people don't get it is that some still actually go, which is again their choice.

While you are free to make your own choice as to whether or not you go, you are not free to dictate to others that they should stop going.

Guest Fabuloso
It still doesn't add up. Whether or not you have a problem with VR, you should be pleased with the latest run of results. The fact that you aren't speaks volumes. As for your "mate" and his "nine mates", all I can say is that collectively the "eleven of you" are less than convincing.

:thumb:

Sorry but it's 100% accurate. Tynecastle is 20% down on numbers this season. Please don't blame the credit crunch. BTW - I am pleased at the results however I can't help thinking that VR lurks around the corner with a cunning plan to disrupt.....watch this space.

portobellojambo1

You don't have to do it, nobody is forcing you not to go, you have chosen not to go. Unless there is a banning order against you entering Tynecastle the only person who has forced you to stop going to Hearts games is you, yourself. There is huge difference between choosing not to do something and being forced not to do something.

Guest Fabuloso
What exactly are people supposed to get. My understanding is you have made a choice to no longer go to watch HMFC, which is fine if that is what you want to do.

I assume that what you mean with regards to people don't get it is that some still actually go, which is again their choice.

While you are free to make your own choice as to whether or not you go, you are not free to dictate to others that they should stop going.

Fair points my friend. I am however free to voice an opinion on a messageboard. Not really dictating is it.

None of your business ya ******.

Sorry, Fabuloso, I haven't been following this thread of late. When did you stop going to Tynie and what was it that persuaded you to leave - one incident in particular? How long had you been going before that? I'm just trying to get a picture of what could have driven you away.

Guest Fabuloso
Sorry, Fabuloso, I haven't been following this thread of late. When did you stop going to Tynie and what was it that persuaded you to leave - one incident in particular? How long had you been going before that? I'm just trying to get a picture of what could have driven you away.

ST holder for 14 years until this year. The way the club is run is insulting to fans. VR's erratic decisions, interference, etc - basically reached breaking point. Why watch a team which isn't picked on merit? VRs interests are different from the fans....I could go on..

This year is my 20th year holding a season ticket, and I have to be truelly honest I held off renewing till last minute. This year is the first time I have felt that way because I was so annoyed at lots of different things, However i could never have gone through with not buying my season ticket.

At the end of the day Im not supporting Vlad or the board or UBIG/UKIO or whoever, Im supporting HMFC and the players that put on the famous Maroon jersey (Even though some of them dont deserve to be in it (Points for another debate though))

I can understand people having issues with Vlad and how he has/is running the club, however Vlad is NOT HMFC he is NOT who fans grew up supporting, and at the end of the day if you bleed Maroon I believe you would be there.

The so called fans I do or would have issues with are the johnny come lates that jumped on the season 05/06 merry go round when we were flying high, and as soon as the preverbial hits the fan their off again, and sit there making noises about Vlad this and Vlad that, but as soon as we reach a cup final or play a Game in Europe at Tynie they expect tickets and are quite happy to show up then.

Guest Fabuloso
This year is my 20th year holding a season ticket, and I have to be truelly honest I held off renewing till last minute. This year is the first time I have felt that way because I was so annoyed at lots of different things, However i could never have gone through with not buying my season ticket.

At the end of the day Im not supporting Vlad or the board or UBIG/UKIO or whoever, Im supporting HMFC and the players that put on the famous Maroon jersey (Even though some of them dont deserve to be in it (Points for another debate though))

I can understand people having issues with Vlad and how he has/is running the club, however Vlad is NOT HMFC he is NOT who fans grew up supporting, and at the end of the day if you bleed Maroon I believe you would be there.

The so called fans I do or would have issues with are the johnny come lates that jumped on the season 05/06 merry go round when we were flying high, and as soon as the preverbial hits the fan their off again, and sit there making noises about Vlad this and Vlad that, but as soon as we reach a cup final or play a Game in Europe at Tynie they expect tickets and are quite happy to show up then.

A lot of what you say makes sense. Fans have a choice to make. I realise fans aren't supporting VR when they go to games however to me not attending is the only way to send a message. I've been down the letter route! No response.

ST holder for 14 years until this year. The way the club is run is insulting to fans. VR's erratic decisions, interference, etc - basically reached breaking point. Why watch a team which isn't picked on merit? VRs interests are different from the fans....I could go on..

So tell us about the Mercer/Pieman years in your time as a "supporter".

After all you could go on!!! :hobofish:

Under what circumstances would you come back? What if we started doing really well but Vlad was still in charge? If it's of any comfort to you I don't personally think Vlad has much input these days, apart perhaps for some general strategic policies. He's kind of given up getting too worked up about the daily ins and outs.

Would you ever support another team?

Guest Fabuloso
So tell us about the Mercer/Pieman years in your time as a "supporter".

After all you could go on!!! :hobofish:

Simple. Whatever the upheaval the team was always picked on merit therefore no issues on the playing front. Not now though.

Guest Fabuloso
Under what circumstances would you come back? What if we started doing really well but Vlad was still in charge? If it's of any comfort to you I don't personally think Vlad has much input these days, apart perhaps for some general strategic policies. He's kind of given up getting too worked up about the daily ins and outs.

Would you ever support another team?

I'd go back if the team was picked on merit and Vlad's interests were more aigned with the fans. Basically he's using Hearts as a medium for generating income on transfers and directing traffic when it comes to the team. That's cheating the fans.

You may be right about his level of interest this season however VR has a habit of messing things up at critical times.

Guest Fabuloso

Would you ever support another team?[/QUOTE]

No - well maybe Hibs at a push.

Simple. Whatever the upheaval the team was always picked on merit therefore no issues on the playing front. Not now though.

So the latest two incumbents are liars.

**** just took the hook

Feck off ya peg selling hobo :hobofish:

Romanov Stole My Pension
Whilst I agree that this thread isn't exactly appropriate after a good win again for the JTs today' date=' the OP isn't wrong when he congratulates those who were at the game today. I'm not criticising those who couldn't make the game today (I'm sure they have their reasons) [b']but you cannot argue against the fact that those who were there today were better supporters today than those who stayed away.[/[/b]QUOTE]

I can.

No you cannot. Today (as stated in my previous post) who do you think supported the team best? Those who were at the game and cheered the team or those who did not make the game (whatever their reason)? No doubt about it, and whilst im sure those who couldn't make the game still cared as much for Hearts, by definition, those who were at the game were better supporters.

FACT. (always wanted to do that)

A lot of what you say makes sense. Fans have a choice to make. I realise fans aren't supporting VR when they go to games however to me not attending is the only way to send a message. I've been down the letter route! No response.

I understand what your saying about making a stance and proving a point, however what stanced have you really taken? the old saying of cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind. Attendances are roughly what they were pre 05/06 as is season ticket sales, so really (and i know its not the case with all) the amount of fans that have turned their back is about equivilent to those who jumped on the bandwagon. Then what happens this season IF we have a great season finish 3rd, qualify for Europe and maybe even reach a cup final, the sales go up next year again even though we would still be in the same position with regard to Vlad etc.

TBH there are ways to make a stance without having to turn backs on the team. Something i advocated for elsewhere last season. That chance has been missed now, and will only see oppertunities again IF things go t1ts up again. ie Csaba being sacked out of the blue in Burleyesque style or something along those lines. I advocated for the Demonstrations to go ahead even after they were cancelled, because lets be honest they were organised and stopped only on the say so of a statement that was released. Pressure should still have been put on, and maybe we would not have had to wait until a few weeks before the start of the season for a manger etc.

Hearts supporters representatives flew out to Kaunas, were wined and dined by Vlad while there, they went out telling us all how they would get answers to many questions etc, what answers did they actually get? because we were told nothing excpet they were satisfied with the answers Vlad gave them, but satisfied with what? what questions were asked? what was Vlads actual answers to the questions?

I could go on and on listing things that should have been done and could have been done by US the fans and havent been or werent done when it was the time to. So basically instead for US the fans to sit on our backsides and critiscise (Which is easy at times to do) we should be sitting talking about positive action when things go belly up again and pulling together. So if and when the proverbial hits the fan again fan groups are ready.

portobellojambo1

Just taking the three persons who have been recently mentioned in this thread, i.e. Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov I reckon it would be reasonably safe to say that Hearts fans had most affinity/connection with Wallace Mercer (may not have all agreed with his brand of politics, but that is something else) and HMFC of that time.

But in terms of silverware won in recent times we had to wait until the arrival of Robinson and Romanov, both of whom in their own way have caused some/lots of derision amongst fans.

I think you have to look past who is in charge. Why do/did you go to Tynecastle, was it to support the team or was/is it actually based on who has/had control of the club.

The situation will never occur where 100% of the support are 100% happy with the way the team is playing and the club is run, there will always be some who will find cause to criticise something or other, but this should not affect your support of the actual team.

nanananananana-angus
So the latest two incumbents are liars.

**** just took the hook

Feck off ya peg selling hobo :hobofish:

I agree.

"Tynie crowds down 20%", "Vlads cunning plan", "watch this space"

Reeks of hobonomics.

Guest Fabuloso
I understand what your saying about making a stance and proving a point, however what stanced have you really taken? the old saying of cutting your nose off to spite your face springs to mind. Attendances are roughly what they were pre 05/06 as is season ticket sales, so really (and i know its not the case with all) the amount of fans that have turned their back is about equivilent to those who jumped on the bandwagon. Then what happens this season IF we have a great season finish 3rd, qualify for Europe and maybe even reach a cup final, the sales go up next year again even though we would still be in the same position with regard to Vlad etc.

TBH there are ways to make a stance without having to turn backs on the team. Something i advocated for elsewhere last season. That chance has been missed now, and will only see oppertunities again IF things go t1ts up again. ie Csaba being sacked out of the blue in Burleyesque style or something along those lines. I advocated for the Demonstrations to go ahead even after they were cancelled, because lets be honest they were organised and stopped only on the say so of a statement that was released. Pressure should still have been put on, and maybe we would not have had to wait until a few weeks before the start of the season for a manger etc.

Hearts supporters representatives flew out to Kaunas, were wined and dined by Vlad while there, they went out telling us all how they would get answers to many questions etc, what answers did they actually get? because we were told nothing excpet they were satisfied with the answers Vlad gave them, but satisfied with what? what questions were asked? what was Vlads actual answers to the questions?

I could go on and on listing things that should have been done and could have been done by US the fans and havent been or werent done when it was the time to. So basically instead for US the fans to sit on our backsides and critiscise (Which is easy at times to do) we should be sitting talking about positive action when things go belly up again and pulling together. So if and when the proverbial hits the fan again fan groups are ready.

Again, you're pretty much spot on. There's more to the attendance drop though. 20% down in one season which is huge in such a short time-frame and I disagree with it being newer fans who got on board in 05/06. There are many cases of long term ST holders not renewing and I've never seen anything like it before. It'll get worse too. Don't get me wrong if the team starts to do well the interest will increase however so will VRs....

Guest Fabuloso
Just taking the three persons who have been recently mentioned in this thread, i.e. Wallace Mercer, Chris Robinson and Vladimir Romanov I reckon it would be reasonably safe to say that Hearts fans had most affinity/connection with Wallace Mercer (may not have all agreed with his brand of politics, but that is something else) and HMFC of that time.

But in terms of silverware won in recent times we had to wait until the arrival of Robinson and Romanov, both of whom in their own way have caused some/lots of derision amongst fans.

I think you have to look past who is in charge. Why do/did you go to Tynecastle, was it to support the team or was/is it actually based on who has/had control of the club.

The situation will never occur where 100% of the support are 100% happy with the way the team is playing and the club is run, there will always be some who will find cause to criticise something or other, but this should not affect your support of the actual team.

I understand the point you make and it's valid. My view is that we have to do something and the most power we have is with our feet (and money). Anyhow off to bed - goodnight cyberfriends!

Again, you're pretty much spot on. There's more to the attendance drop though. 20% down in one season which is huge in such a short time-frame and I disagree with it being newer fans who got on board in 05/06. There are many cases of long term ST holders not renewing and I've never seen anything like it before. It'll get worse too. Don't get me wrong if the team starts to do well the interest will increase however so will VRs....

Sometimes Fabuloso, it's just time to call it a day. If you no longer have interest in the team then you should find something else to do. You're only making it worse for yourself by coming on here.

nanananananana-angus

Enlighten everybody then,do you work in the ticket office?Do you conduct polls outside the ground every other week?

Read what i said again, you will see i did say its not all the new fans that have just walked away.

Your 20% down in one season doesnt carry much weight as in 05/06 & 06/07 it would have been about a 20% increase. So we have only lost roughly the extras that came on board, whether it be new fans, old fans or as will be the case a combination of both.

Gav Aitchison

Your interpretation seems based on your and your mates' anecdotal experience, but your claims just aren't borne out by the hard facts. Yes, average crowds are down on 05/6 and 06/7, but there is zero concrete evidence of any long-lasting mass exodus by the support. Crowds remain at pretty much the same level as they have for the past four decades, notwithstanding the sporadic increases when the team has been performing particularly well - the late 80s, 97/8, 05/6.

The size of Tynecastle now means that to guarantee getting a good seat with your mates for each game, you pretty much need to have an ST. That's why our hardcore, "every-game" support is larger nowadays than it ever was in the 60s, 70s, 80s or early 90s. And I'd suggest it's highly unlikely that ST sales will plummet as you predict until/unless the capacity is substantially increased.

I agree with some of the concerns about Romanov - team selection, fan relations etc - but to talk about fans walking away in unprecedented numbers is just unsubstantiated tosh.

Sometimes Fabuloso, it's just time to call it a day. If you no longer have interest in the team then you should find something else to do. You're only making it worse for yourself by coming on here.

Exactly. It pees me off no end that I can go to a game like the one we saw today, then come on here and find people like Fabuloso whinging about the bloody music that was played after the goal. Not a goal or music or an atmosphere he experienced directly, but via a radio. Had he been at the game, I don't doubt for a second that he might have found it a little more difficult to moan about stupid things. I know music is certainly the last thing on my mind. There's no room in amongst images of the goals and celebrations...

If these performances and results continue, I look forward to seeing just how many more straws he can find to grab in order to further his anti-Hearts agenda. His attempts to justify non-attendance on the basis of 'protest' are becoming more laughable by the day and even amongst the very worst of the JKB doom and gloom mongers, he sticks out like a sore thumb for having a particularly weak set of arguments for his perspective on all things maroon.

If he's quite taken with the Leithers, I'm sure they'd make him more than welcome at the San Giro. Supporting that lot certainly takes tenacity and a bleak outlook on life; things which he has in buckets.

PresidentRomanov

I wont however, but I do have a ST, and have done for over 10 years, so this glory hunting malarky makes me chuckle.

QUOTE]

Bought one just after Hearts won the Cup :rolleyes:

Balls.

Hearts fans are still fans.

They may be listening to the game on the radio or the 'net whatever. They are still fans, regardless of your "political agenda".

And by the way I know plenty of Jambos who could be described as having this agenda and still have season tickets.

SPOT ON.........................................................................

Miller Jambo 60
I didn't make the 1896 or 1968 finals but I was at the 1956 Final. So I guess I am a better more loyal supporter than you. And don't give me this " I wisnae born and I am 10,000,miles away stuff" it just disnae matter. I can say that cos' I'm) a 1/3 better loyaler fan than you.:P:rolleyes:;)

I just missed us winning the league in 1960 was born on 28/05/1960.

Typical.

There were over 13000 fans today. Glory Hunters were absent once again!!!!!!

To one and everyone, on an extremeley, cold day, well done.

A special thanks to fans who travelled far, well done, Manchester Hearts , Dumfries Hearts and my own lot from North Berwick!!!!!!!

How sad it is that some fans will not support the team at Tynecasltle because of, well WHY??????????

LOYALTY, Great day and thanks Hearts once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100% agree

we are getting Hibs attendances and we should be ashamed!

Miller Jambo 60
well im an uber fan as i havent missed a game in 5 matches!

and still havent paid a penny to see hearts play!

Rangers next week! its my b'day weekend so again wont pay!

Tight or what:) im jealous mate

MacDonald Jardine
By similar logic to that espoused by some here, can we assume that the 4.97million Scots who weren't at Hampden on Wednesday are less Scottish than those who were there?

These threads are pointless and bizarre.

This is possibly the most bizarre post ever.

Being Scottish is not defined by watching the Scottish football teamor even liking football.

Being a supporter of Hearts FC is defined by, well, supporting the football team.

Archived