Real Fans v Part time fans etc

Independence

There were over 13000 fans today. Glory Hunters were absent once again!!!!!!

To one and everyone, on an extremeley, cold day, well done.

A special thanks to fans who travelled far, well done, Manchester Hearts , Dumfries Hearts and my own lot from North Berwick!!!!!!!

How sad it is that some fans will not support the team at Tynecasltle because of, well WHY??????????

LOYALTY, Great day and thanks Hearts once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was not at the game because

a) I could not afford to come down

B) The weather up here is extremely bad and it would have been a huge risk tryito make it down.

Does that make me diss-loyal?

There are plenty of reasons why some where not there today.

Please stop being so narrow minded.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets leave it that our ideas are different. But we still support Hearts.

On different levels obviously. ;)

I was not at the game because

a) I could not afford to come down

B) The weather up here is extremely bad and it would have been a huge risk tryito make it down.

Does that make me diss-loyal?

There are plenty of reasons why some where not there today.

Please stop being so narrow minded.

No, but it does mean that you should concentrate more on your spelling. As I pointed out before, you are allowed to miss three matches each year due to personal circumstances before you lose your "true fan" status. I think that dangerous bad weather counts, don't you? Although I have to add that once your three matches are used up (god forbid the thought!), you will have to move hell or high water to make it to Tynie, even if you find yourself incapacitated or surrounded by 20 foot snow drifts. Do I make myself clear?

No, but it does mean that you should concentrate more on your spelling. As I pointed out before, you are allowed to miss three matches each year due to personal circumstances before you lose your "true fan" status. I think that dangerous bad weather counts, don't you? Although I have to add that once your three matches are used up (god forbid the thought!), you will have to move hell or high water to make it to Tynie, even if you find yourself incapacitated or surrounded by 20 foot snow drifts. Do I make myself clear?

Already passed the 3 match threshold.

Does that mean I have to hand my season ticket back?

Is there an address I can send it back to?

Romanov Stole My Pension

Whilst I agree that this thread isn't exactly appropriate after a good win again for the JTs today, the OP isn't wrong when he congratulates those who were at the game today. I'm not criticising those who couldn't make the game today (I'm sure they have their reasons) but you cannot argue against the fact that those who were there today were better supporters today than those who stayed away.

Already passed the 3 match threshold.

Does that mean I have to hand my season ticket back?

Is there an address I can send it back to?

Obviously! And any Hearts merchandise, scarves etc. you own so that they can be redistributed to real fans. No, just rip up your ticket Tucks as it is certain that you don't appreciate its value. Formerly we would have given it to another real fan but as our definition of "real fan" has grown increasingly narrower and narrower, they all have season tickets anyway.

I do hope that you realise that to maintain the purity of the real fan-base you are hitherto strictly forbidden from contacting or mixing with real fans. We aren't nasty though and if you send me a SAE then we can give you a list of clubs that have less stringent "real fan" criteria. Could you make it to Fort William each week?

Whilst I agree that this thread isn't exactly appropriate after a good win again for the JTs today, the OP isn't wrong when he congratulates those who were at the game today. I'm not criticising those who couldn't make the game today (I'm sure they have their reasons) but you cannot argue against the fact that those who were there today were better supporters today than those who stayed away.[/QUOTE]

I can.

Whilst I agree that this thread isn't exactly appropriate after a good win again for the JTs today, the OP isn't wrong when he congratulates those who were at the game today. I'm not criticising those who couldn't make the game today (I'm sure they have their reasons) but you cannot argue against the fact that those who were there today were better supporters today than those who stayed away.

:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

Miller Jambo 60
Whilst I agree that this thread isn't exactly appropriate after a good win again for the JTs today' date=' the OP isn't wrong when he congratulates those who were at the game today. I'm not criticising those who couldn't make the game today (I'm sure they have their reasons) [b']but you cannot argue against the fact that those who were there today were better supporters today than those who stayed away.[/[/b]QUOTE]

I can.

Dougstar and son Mark BEST end off

And wee Lewis getting trained as we type. Ma Ha Gorgie Rules

STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was only thanking the loyal fans from turning out in such good numbers, on a cold day, from far and wide.

I also think (my opinion only) that some of the 'glory hunters' should hold there heads in shame!!!!!

Now lets move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was only thanking the loyal fans from turning out in such good numbers, on a cold day, from far and wide.

I also think (my opinion only) that some of the 'glory hunters' should hold there heads in shame!!!!!

Oh sorry...... and my boys also bought some merchandise today and brought it back to NB. They are very proud!!!! Is this bad??????

No, I want the final word!!!!!! And then we can stop!!!!! Or I'm going to THCREAM and THCREAM and THCREAM!!!!!!

Oh sorry...... and my boys also bought some merchandise today and brought it back to NB. They are very proud!!!! Is this bad??????

No, that is an excellent thing NBerwickJTs and it is a very positive thing to relate on what was a very positive day. Thank you.

Libertonian_II

While I can't be bothered with the 'I'm a better fan than you' stuff most of the time, I'd rather agree with a positive supporter like NBJ than some of the more negative crap spouted by the negative tendency

portobellojambo1

A special thanks to fans who travelled far, well done, Manchester Hearts , Dumfries Hearts and my own lot from North Berwick!!!!!!!

How sad it is that some fans will not support the team at Tynecasltle because of, well WHY??????????

I've read this post twice as a standalone entity, and I understand all the words in it. However I don't understand the reason for posting it, or what its intentions are.

(Footnote - I was at the game today, but have no idea how far I travelled, Portobello to Gorgie to Portobello).

(Further footnote - Its fecking freezing cold tonight, well at least it is in Portobello)

EDIT - Have just read post 61 which gives more detail, but still confused as to why it needed posting in any case

I may be wrong but isn't the op just pointing out that some of the fans of a couple of years ago would "allegedly" rather go and support Preston Athletic today!

Nothing wrong with applauding the Hearts fans today imo

While I can't be bothered with the 'I'm a better fan than you' stuff most of the time, I'd rather agree with a positive supporter like NBJ than some of the more negative crap spouted by the negative tendency

Yes but unfotunately the term 'Glory Hunter' now applies to everybody who does not go to the games every week.

Its a ridiculous state of affairs to be honest.

No, I want the final word!!!!!! And then we can stop!!!!! Or I'm going to THCREAM and THCREAM and THCREAM!!!!!!

Sorry but I cant hear you!!!!!

If you hate the f h

I like positivity as well Libertonian II, but dissing your fellow fans ain't positive, it's very negative. We're all in this together.

We would all happily do so, NBJTs - if only you didn't keep blowing it with comments like those I've emboldened. There are no better Hearts fans or worse Hearts fans; there are just Hearts fans.

Incidentally, you don't seriously think the more exclamation marks you use, the more persuasive your argument becomes, do you? I can assure you of entirely the opposite.

I may be wrong but isn't the op just pointing out that some of the fans of a couple of years ago would "allegedly" rather go and support Preston Athletic today!

Nothing wrong with applauding the Hearts fans today imo

It tends to degenerate into a competition of 'who is the better fan' with threads like these.

I would be extremely surprised if the OP was nieve (sp) enough not to have realised what this thread would decend into when he first posted.

Before 2005/06 We hadn't got 13000 for a league fixture against Falkirk since the 50s

So clearly you should have been telling the remaining glory hunters to **** off

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/tea/falkirk.html

i agree with the well done to the long travelled and marvellous HMFCfans today

but i must say i find the rest of it counter productive and see no need for it on what should be a great day re the run of results for us all

Libertonian_II
Yes but unfotunately the term 'Glory Hunter' now applies to everybody who does not go to the games every week.

Its a ridiculous state of affairs to be honest.

Maybe I'm not picking up the nuances on this theme, but I'd hope that this is not the case.

:unsure:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Correction:

13,214 saw Falkirk's second appearance in 1986/87

I think I was at that game. Did Levein not get a serious injury in that one?

I've read this post twice as a standalone entity, and I understand all the words in it. However I don't understand the reason for posting it, or what its intentions are.

(Footnote - I was at the game today, but have no idea how far I travelled, Portobello to Gorgie to Portobello).

(Further footnote - Its fecking freezing cold tonight, well at least it is in Portobello)

EDIT - Have just read post 61 which gives more detail, but still confused as to why it needed posting in any case

Notable mention also to the last sentence of post 33 which is equally as bewildering. I expect NBJT is now tucked up in bed sleeping it off.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Not according to London Hearts

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19861227.html

By the way, I was at the game today but I only walked from Tollcross so I'm clearly only an "OK" fan. I do have a cold though.

Next time I'll walk via Portobello

I am sure Levein got a bad injury in a game against Falkirk, maybe it was the other game at Tynie v Falkirk that year.

portobellojambo1
Not according to London Hearts

http://www.londonhearts.com/scores/games/19861227.html

By the way, I was at the game today but I only walked from Tollcross so I'm clearly only an "OK" fan. I do have a cold though.

Next time I'll walk via Portobello

Not a good idea TC, especially at the moment. While on a Summer's morning an early walk along the promenade in Portobello can be very stimulating at this time of year it will only make your cold worse.

The 'glory hunters' are the very fans we need to attract to take us to the next level -- no need to abuse them.

If we are to grow it will start with those people who have an affinity for Hearts becoming fans who attend matches and then their families and friends coming along -- whether you like it or not they are part of our present and future.

Many may not attend but buy items of clothing from the club shop and other outlets -- that money is no less important as gate money is to us.

Why ??????? erm..................because I live over 10,000 miles away. I apologise for not being a loyal supporter. I would also like to apologise for not making the 1896 1956 and 1968 Scottish Cup Finals as I wasn't born then.

I didn't make the 1896 or 1968 finals but I was at the 1956 Final. So I guess I am a better more loyal supporter than you. And don't give me this " I wisnae born and I am 10,000,miles away stuff" it just disnae matter. I can say that cos' I'm) a 1/3 better loyaler fan than you.:P:rolleyes:;)

If I was a truly loyal fan I would have walked all the way on my knees across broken glass.

Unfortunately, I have to hang my head in shame and admit that I went in the car instead.

Sorry!

chester copperpot

I find this loyal hearts fan incredible.

I've been to most home and away games for the last 10 years, however have not attended since the Hibs game at Easter Road. Longest I've been without seeing Hearts since 1995.

Call me what you want, I dont care, however 4 scraped wins against the lowest 4 teams in the league isn't going to convince me to go back, as I still believe Romanov is interfering in team affairs. One way or the other.

I applaud the people who go week in week out regardless, but wont comment on what I think of them, as its not right to do so because they will go regardless.

I wont however, but I do have a ST, and have done for over 10 years, so this glory hunting malarky makes me chuckle.

I have my own reasons (some outwith football I may add) which have stopped me going the last few games. I dont care to share with anyone.

Why do we constantly need to prove ourselves against fellow jambo's on here, its confuses me, thats all. We're supposed to all support the same team no?

portobellojambo1
I didn't make the 1896 or 1968 finals but I was at the 1956 Final. So I guess I am a better more loyal supporter than you. And don't give me this " I wisnae born and I am 10,000,miles away stuff" it just disnae matter. I can say that cos' I'm) a 1/3 better loyaler fan than you.:P:rolleyes:;)

Very much off topic Bob, but do you happen to know a big Hearts fan based in Kelowna, BC, who owns his own IT/Computing company (I believe he supplies most of the business computing requirements for a large part of Western Canada).

I ask because I was speaking to his brother in law today, and knew, from your posts, that you were from there and at first thought it was you he was talking about.

Very much off topic Bob, but do you happen to know a big Hearts fan based in Kelowna, BC, who owns his own IT/Computing company (I believe he supplies most of the business computing requirements for a large part of Western Canada).

I ask because I was speaking to his brother in law today, and knew, from your posts, that you were from there and at first thought it was you he was talking about.

I have only met one other Hearts fan in Kelowna, he was a barman in a Morningside pub, now he works for a roofing company, only met him because the company done our roof. I even have from the Toronto guys a licence plate holder that identifies me as a Hearts man but have had no comments or good or bad notes left on the car.

christ - any hearts fan is a hearts fan. this isnt xbox live where you get points for attending games. surely taking a dig at fellow fans isnt the smartest thing to do?

thats what the wombles down at wimbledon are for ffs;)

Glamorgan Jambo

I claim the title of the worst Hearts fan on this thread.

After listening to 10 minutes of the dire Radio Scotland commentary I went outside and raked some leaves until it got dark about 4.30. I quickly checked the score on teletext then went to make the kids tea because the wife is in, believe it or not, Inverness (dont want anyone thinking me making the tea is a regular occurrance) for a few days as I wanted to be done by 5.10 so I could watch the much anticipated 'Haka' at the start of the Wales vs All Blacks game.

I'm just off to the player ratings thread to give my marks out of 10 for todays efforts.

:)

I claim the title of the worst Hearts fan on this thread.

After listening to 10 minutes of the dire Radio Scotland commentary I went outside and raked some leaves until it got dark about 4.30. I quickly checked the score on teletext then went to make the kids tea because the wife is in, believe it or not, Inverness (dont want anyone thinking me making the tea is a regular occurrance) for a few days as I wanted to be done by 5.10 so I could watch the much anticipated 'Haka' at the start of the Wales vs All Blacks game.

I'm just off to the player ratings thread to give my marks out of 10 for todays efforts.

:)

How was the haka for you.

How was the haka for you.

Im an even worse fan, I was at the rugby instead! The patronising guff off the OP is unreal. Theres many reasons why folk dont attend. Each to their own. This 'im a better fan than you' nonsense is ridiculous. If folk stay away cos off Vlad then thats their choice.

Ive got a season ticket but dont live in Edinburgh aymore. Does that make me a 50% fan? Who gives a feck? Its nobodys business what folk choose to do. The OP is an erse.

Guest juvehearts

well im an uber fan as i havent missed a game in 5 matches!

and still havent paid a penny to see hearts play!

Rangers next week! its my b'day weekend so again wont pay!

Guest Fabuloso

I went to out tonight with an old pal of mine. He'd got rid of his ST like many others however he was part of a group of NINE who all did the same thing. These are guys who had 20+ years each. Whichever way you cut it this a sad story. Great fans - every one of them and not at Tynecastle anymore. You do the math.

Great fans - every one of them and not at Tynecastle anymore. You do the math.

That's their loss over the last few weeks, and by all accounts today's game was a good one.

What did you enjoy most about the game today?

Guest Fabuloso
That's their loss over the last few weeks, and by all accounts today's game was a good one.

What did you enjoy most about the game today?

I like the fact that I made a stand by not attending.

I dislike the fact that I have to do this.

I like the fact that I made a stand by not attending.

I dislike the fact that I have to do this.

I also dislike the fact that you are trying to preach about it.

Give it a rest.

Archived