Official Hearts vs Falkirk Thread (sponsored by Wagon Wheels)

scott herbertson

scott herbertson

"Wagon wheels create an instant sense of nostalgia, and yearning for days gone by, in all seasoned biscuit fans, due to the fact that they used to be bigger, much bigger, and thicker. The reduction in size of the Wagon wheel maybe due to our childhood memories recalling a biscuit that was relatively larger compared to us. However, this phenomena does not occur with other large diameter biscuits such as the digestive, so we are left to wonder at the reasons for a mysterious plot to reduce their size. They also used to come in boxes of four with a brown plastic tray thing keeping them in order. "

http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/biscuits/previous.php3?item=18

Were Hearts bigger in the Burley days?

Why did we stop selling wagon Wheels?

Will we beat falkirk?

Am I up to early with my hangover?

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

Monster munch are also much much smaller nowadays - they stopped selling them at Tynie as well.

Anyway 1 nil Hearts - Nade goal - 3 home points would be very welcome as would a couple more Hearts goals. :)

I hated Wagon Wheels when I were a lad. I always thought the sensation when biting into one was akin to trying to eat newspaper. :sad: 1-0 Hearts (Nade), though it'll be a tight one - but then, aren't they all anyway?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Wagon Wheels are and were a horrendous biscuit!

I fancy us to win 2-0 today (Nade and Zaliukas).

jamboinglasgow

i will take 1-0 today, we do have poor games against them in the past.

this post is sponsered by hibs fc - providing hearts fans laughs since 1875.

scott herbertson
need to get up earlier each week to create the offishul match thread these days

Get yourself some young children. They're great for getting you up early on saturdays, even if you have a blinding headache and a hangover they can manage it.....

They also like watching Cartoon Network with the volume turned up and need fed, so there is no danger of relaxing and slipping back off to sleep.

:mad:

It is going to be a difficult game. We have lost to them already, they are 6 games unbeaten and have only lost 2 in 12.

A win would be a great result, Falkirk are a decent side.

Auldreekie1874
It is going to be a difficult game. We have lost to them already, they are 6 games unbeaten and have only lost 2 in 12.

A win would be a great result, Falkirk are a decent side.

Time for the wheels to fall of their Wagon then :)

2-0 :cool:

I wouldn't thank you for a Wagon Wheel, but if you were to bring me a nice cup of tea with say, half a dozen Ginger Country Creams then I'd be well up for painting your fence for you.

As for the today, I have a monutmental day of drinking ahead of me. I'd like to interject that with watching Hearts stick a couple past Falkirk but the truth is, I don't think we're much, if at all better than them. Add to that, Falkirk are generally more 'up' for this, a sort of wannabe 'derby' match for them, so they tend to have more purpose in their play (going by the last year or two).

If Hearts are really up for it, then we'll win 1 or 2 nil. I think we can do it, and I hope we do it. But despite our recent run, I still fear the worst and hope for the best.

Prediction?

Hearts 2 Falkirk 0

Nade and Bruno; followed by a severe hangover tomorrow morning.

foxs%20ginger%20creams.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Get yourself some young children. They're great for getting you up early on saturdays, even if you have a blinding headache and a hangover they can manage it.....

They also like watching Cartoon Network with the volume turned up and need fed, so there is no danger of relaxing and slipping back off to sleep.

i do already ..... been awake since 6 ish .... raging haha.

didnt think i would need to log in until after 11ish to find an offishul thread ;)

Toxteth O'Grady

I think it will be a tough game today, Falkirk are better than the last 3 teams we've played, I'll settle for 3 points regardless of how we get them.

Jammy Dodgers are the daddy of all biscuits

jammy_dodger_100.jpg

Is it still possible to get them with 2 jam holes?

aitcheeayartees

predicting an optimistic 3-1 scoreline to Hearts and the wagon wheel debate reminded me of the Macaroon bars they used to sell at Tynie. :)

Remember the sad story of the Wham bar...Used to be big enough to give a kid mouth ulcers, then they got progressively smaller and smaller and softer and softer,,,and then they disappeared altogether...

And don't get me started on Yorkies - they once were proper big chunks then they lost a chunk then the chunks got smaller. Forget the advertising, they are for women now...

I don't miss Pacers at all - chewy little Celtic strip toothpaste tasting mankiness. An effort to cure the halitosis and improve the dental cleanliness of half of Glasgow? Irn Bru Chews brought out to keep the other half happy... I think so. Give me a Texan bar any day...

1-0 Hearts

Cant stand Wagon wheels.My mother used to work at Westons biscuit factory,Slateford in the 1950s and she used to bring the damned things home almost daily.Too much of a good thing.

Hearts to win 2-0 today.Nade to score both.

Wagon Wheels yuk and what have they done to tunnocks caramel wafers since they went global, just not the same. Anyway crazy dream last night , no drink either, commentator saying that's Nade 3rd and Hearts 6th against Falkirk having a tenner on it though.:eek:

Johanes de Silentio

I'll take a 1-0 win for Hearts, if you please.

Results are hard to predict - but here's what will happen:

The Falkirk players will kick, spit, scratch, bite, dive, swear, and regularly insult our players' mums, dads, aunties, uncles, brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces, grannies and grand-dads - all on the orders of John-themasterofgamesmanship/cheating-Hughes.

Our players need to be alive to this - the ref will only see the retaliation.

Nothing any full-grown man shouldnae be able tae handle.

However, some of our players are a wee bit wet behind the ears.

Our lads need to be alive to this - the ref will only see the retaliation.

This post was bought to you by Wagon Wheels - spoiling classic confectionary recipies since the mid 1980s.

Intae them!

Wagon Wheels yuk and what have they done to tunnocks caramel wafers since they went global, just not the same. Anyway crazy dream last night , no drink either, commentator saying that's Nade 3rd and Hearts 6th against Falkirk having a tenner on it though.:eek:

That's a wet dream mate, no?

predicting an optimistic 3-1 scoreline to Hearts and the wagon wheel debate reminded me of the Macaroon bars they used to sell at Tynie. :)

"Erra macaroon bars, spearmint chewing gum", preferably in a high pitched weegie accent. ;)

what is it with you herbertsons and young children late in life? if you had had them younger you could have been disturbed by your grandchildren this morning, just like me,,, 3-1 to the hearts

51 Shirts -Moments in Time

Working all day in sunny Jersey, will have to watch the game on BBC text...boo-hoo.

Cmon the Hearts.

scott herbertson
what is it with you herbertsons and young children late in life? if you had had them younger you could have been disturbed by your grandchildren this morning, just like me,,, 3-1 to the hearts

We suffer from a heriditary disease called re-marriage

;)

10 points clear of Falkirk and more than likely the mimi-mhanks with a win today.

I think it'll be a 1-1 draw. Us scoring in the first half, them battering us for the last half hour and grabbing a goal with 5 minutes to go. :(

Yogi will be sent to the stand today , which reminds me - who is the (useless) ref today?

Eddie Smith, ref preview for the match here...

Obviously I always hope for a win but I'm taking my mum to the match today and she hasn't been in years so it would be extra great. :)

Now, I'm off to dig out my thermals....

Hearts: Balogh; Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Jonsson, Palazuelos, Karipidis, Driver; Aguiar; Nade. Subs not used: MacDonald, Makela, Obua, Mole, Thomson, Templeton, Brown.

Toxteth O'Grady
Hearts: Balogh; Neilson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Jonsson, Palazuelos, Karipidis, Driver; Aguiar; Nade. Subs not used: MacDonald, Makela, Obua, Mole, Thomson, Templeton, Brown.

No big surprises there

loveofthegame

As expected apart from i thought Obua would be in infront of Ruben. Happy enough with that though.

Weres Stewart?

Im assuming he went over the points barrier and got an additional 2 match ban. correct?

Not too bad, but would have preferred only one of Ruben or Eggert.

There too similar to play in the same team, Obua would have been more preferable or Husband on a wing with eggy in the middle

__________Balogh

Neilson Zaliukas Berra Wallace

_________Karipidis

_Jonsson Palazuelos Driver

__________Aguiar

__________Nade

Couldn't be a much more defensive team if it tried! Won't be complaining if we win 1-0 though...

I think it will be a tough game today, Falkirk are better than the last 3 teams we've played, I'll settle for 3 points regardless of how we get them.

I reckon they're about as good as the last three teams we've played.

They were 10th after the first eleven games and since then have drawn against Hamilton and Inverness.

We've dodged 3 banana skins, I reckon we can make it 4

2-0 Hearts (Aguiar early, Mole late)

marshallschunkychicken

Expected that team.

Don't think we should be playing Palazuelos and Karapidis in the same midfield. It's too defensive, and they seem to get in each others way.

Afternoon all and to you too Scott, but I'd rather have a sherbet dab take my breath away right now.

I feel a surprise today and a 3-1 win.

BangkokHearts

Wagon Wheels are not available here.

Closest we have are called Choco-Pies which are a sort of poor man's Wagon Wheel and much smaller.

Hearts to win 2-0. Berra first scorer.

Sorry to keep asking, but could some give me the link to BBC sport where I can listen o/seas? I promise that I will save the link and wont ask again.......honest :)

Falkirk are without 4 of their first choice -- no Arfield, Mcnamara, Higdon etc so we should seek to take advantage -- hom.e win 3-1

Jamboscanbevicius

Jamie Macdonald on the bench... what happened to Kello?

I thought Kello looked a good, solid keeper apart from his last outing when he got the head knock!

I'm sitting here with a packet of Roast Beef Monster Munch, and a tube of Fox's Ginger Creams. So I'm doing my bit... :P

COME ON THE HEARTS

Archived