How would you rate the season so far?

Craigieboy

How would you rate the season so far?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you rate the season so far?

• Good
    • Mediocre at best
    • Bad
    • Terrible & I'm not going back. Romanov OUT etc, etc

Steady SM, nowt wrong with saying what's basically true. Most of the games this season have been gash. Never been more bored watching my team since Jordan was in charge. At least in thse days we used to give the Old Squirm a doing now and then.

Watching Hearts - good cure for insomnia.

Perhaps I am over-reacting. I'm just sick to death of the negativity towards the club, the players and the regime on this site. Things aren't great we all know that, but lets be honest did anyone expect us to be doing better than we are just now?

The football may not be great but football is a results business and currently we are doing as best as could be expected. We are in a comfortable position, I accept things could change, but the improvement on last season so far are noticeable. Our smelly neighbours are playing ****e football (despite the flair myth) and are in the bottom 6 and looking like staying there. I just wish some people would get a sense of perspective. It can't be all doom and gloom.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelly Terraces
Perhaps I am over-reacting. I'm just sick to death of the negativity towards the club, the players and the regime on this site. Things aren't great we all know that, but lets be honest did anyone expect us to be doing better than we are just now?

The football may not be great but football is a results business and currently we are doing as best as could be expected. We are in a comfortable position, I accept things could change, but the improvement on last season so far are noticeable. Our smelly neighbours are playing ****e football (despite the flair myth) and are in the bottom 6 and looking like staying there. I just wish some people would get a sense of perspective. It can't be all doom and gloom.

The truth is, it all probably lies somewhere in between, yeah, the football's been lillian gish, but we're 3rd. Like you say, it's a results business. We're doing OK on that front at the moment, though the next few games ARE harder, and that'll be a good test of what kind of team we really are. Personally, I'd be happy with 9 points there mate. Wins v Failkeek , Dungdee U, draws v Mudderhell, Sheep, and an outsider of a point v Rankers. Ceptic away is a matter of keeping it respectable so's not to damage the goal diff too much.

As for the hobos - yep, they're utter garbage again. The flair myth/blatant lie on a shoogley peg down the dockside. Hope we're storing our goals up to give those bitches a f ***** g beasting on 3rd Jan.

Cheers.

I for one am not trying to be negative, nor am I professing gloom and doom.

I am however giving an honest personal opinion on how I think Hearts are performing.

The results have been poor however, three 1-0 wins scratched out against teams who are favourites for relegation have pushed us in to 3rd place.

Great - pleased with that. None of this changes the fact that the quality of our play is dire to watch.

I always think the real quality of a team is how they perform (not necessarily win) against the OF - our total capitulation against Celtic said it all for me I am afraid. :sad:

Ever so slightly above Mediocre. The performances have been very poor at times but I can see that there are spells of pretty good stuff that could enable us to finish 3rd this season. It's not our fault that 8/9 of the other teams in the SPL are more gash than us.

I think we are getting there. To be sitting third in the league and not really playing overly well is an achievement. Its not pretty to watch most of the time but we are winning and thats the main thing. If we can get Tullberg fit and playing alongside Nade I think we will see further progress with more goals and more entertainment. If we can hang on to third up until January then see if we can shift a few players in and out hopefully we will sustain our position at the end of the season and get back into Europe.

I wouldnt mind a cheeky Cup run aswell if we get a kind draw. Would fancy us to beat one of the Old Firm if we got them at Tynie aswell.

I think we are getting there. To be sitting third in the league and not really playing overly well is an achievement. Its not pretty to watch most of the time but we are winning and thats the main thing. If we can get Tullberg fit and playing alongside Nade I think we will see further progress with more goals and more entertainment. If we can hang on to third up until January then see if we can shift a few players in and out hopefully we will sustain our position at the end of the season and get back into Europe.

I wouldnt mind a cheeky Cup run aswell if we get a kind draw. Would fancy us to beat one of the Old Firm if we got them at Tynie aswell.[/QUOTE]

On what evidence exactly?

I wouldnt mind a cheeky Cup run aswell if we get a kind draw. Would fancy us to beat one of the Old Firm if we got them at Tynie aswell.[/QUOTE]

On what evidence exactly?

Have you seen Rangers recently. If St Mirren can take 3 points off them then nearly sneak a draw at Ibrox why cant Hearts beat them.

I take it you will be shouting on Rangers a week on Saturday then? Or maybe not going at all. I dont think you should go if you dont think we can beat them.

Miller Jambo 60
I for one am not trying to be negative, nor am I professing gloom and doom.

I am however giving an honest personal opinion on how I think Hearts are performing.

The results have been poor however, three 1-0 wins scratched out against teams who are favourites for relegation have pushed us in to 3rd place.

Great - pleased with that. None of this changes the fact that the quality of our play is dire to watch.

I always think the real quality of a team is how they perform (not necessarily win) against the OF - our total capitulation against Celtic said it all for me I am afraid. :sad:

TBH would love to watch them playing kak every week and winning every week.

Thats my opinion though.

To look good and play with FLAIR would be a bonus.

As for your opinion of Hamilton,if they are so good why are they bottom.

I simply can't fathom how anybody could put 'good'

Because we are third in the League?

Oh I forgot we really should be second or first right enough!

Guest jambomickey
I doubt it :)

I'd still have Nade up front on his own, before Wales, Kirk, or Weir :sad:

i'd have de vries before any of them:) tell me what players now would get into leveins team?

TBH would love to watch them playing kak every week and winning every week.

Thats my opinion though.

To look good and play with FLAIR would be a bonus.

As for your opinion of Hamilton,if they are so good why are they bottom.

The point is that we might get away with playing "kak" and win against St Mirren, ICT and Hamilton - THAT however will not be good enough when we play DU, Motherwell, not to mention the OF!

Where did I say Hamilton were "good"?? I said they played us off the park at Tynecastle in the 2nd half but couldn't score - do you disagree with that?

Have you seen Rangers recently. If St Mirren can take 3 points off them then nearly sneak a draw at Ibrox why cant Hearts beat them.

I take it you will be shouting on Rangers a week on Saturday then? Or maybe not going at all. I dont think you should go if you dont think3. we can beat them.

Your rambling now! However to answer your ramblings -

1. Why would I be shouting on Rangers?

2. Yes I'll be there - ST holder for over 25 years.

3. I go to support my team whether I think we can win or not. On your theory

surely 50,000 Hearts fans shouldn't bothered to have turned up at the game against Barca!

PresidentRomanov
i'd have de vries before any of them:) tell me what players now would get into leveins team?

De Vries got away with alot on the back of his home debut - from myself also :)

He's not as good a player as Nade though.

Second point, Neilson -he was in it, Berra, Kingston, Stewart - he signed him, Nade, Driver, Johhson, Miko, Cesnauskas, Karapidis, and that's just off the top of my head.

Who in Levein's team would get in the current side?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Second point, Neilson -he was in it, Berra, Kingston, Stewart - he signed him, Nade, Driver, Johhson, Miko, Cesnauskas, Karapidis, and that's just off the top of my head.

Niemi, Webster, Pressley, Mahe, Severin, Stamp, Maybury, Fulton, Cameron, De Vries, Kirk, McKenna (for his goals) Valois, Flogel....

Want any more?

You should be asking how many of the present squad would have got into Levein's team.

Miller Jambo 60
The point is that we might get away with playing "kak" and win against St Mirren, ICT and Hamilton - THAT however will not be good enough when we play DU, Motherwell, not to mention the OF!

Where did I say Hamilton were "good"?? I said they played us off the park at Tynecastle in the 2nd half but couldn't score - do you disagree with that?

So a result away to ICT in your opinion is not good, to me that was a great result.As you think ICT is an easy team.

As for the OF you think they are the bees knees, did Rangers not get humped by St mirren at paisley.St Mirren another easy team?

There are no easy games in the SPL,and a win against any team always makes my weekend.

we are 3rd ENJOY it my friend.

PresidentRomanov
Niemi, Webster, Pressley, Mahe, Severin, Stamp, Maybury, Fulton, Cameron, De Vries, Kirk, McKenna (for his goals) Valois, Flogel....

Want any more?

You should be asking how many of the present squad would have got into Levein's team.

You haven't seen the current squad, so you're not in a position to give an opinion :)

You haven't seen the current squad, so you're not in a position to give an opinion :)

Whats the change from last season,apart from the goalkeeper?

Guest Dipped Flake

A lot has been made about us 'only' beating the bottom 3 teams to get our latest 9 points but I think a bigger issue is the fact that the team is much more settled now. We have the back 4 that I want now (given that Karapidis looks destined to be a midfielder from now on), we have a good selection of midfielders and Nade is showing us he can play football. I agree that the next few weeks will be very important as we play the 'better' teams but quite happy with my lot at the moment.

So a result away to ICT in your opinion is not good, to me that was a great result.As you think ICT is an easy team.

As for the OF you think they are the bees knees, did Rangers not get humped by St mirren at paisley.St Mirren another easy team?

There are no easy games in the SPL,and a win against any team always makes my weekend.

we are 3rd ENJOY it my friend.

ICT have a shocking home record so it should come as no surprise that Hearts ground out a 1-0 win. Good 3 points - pretty dire performance.

As for the OF, please inform me when I have EVER said they were "the bees knees"??? The OF are a plague on Scottish football and society! CLEAR?

As for enjoying being in 3rd place, great if that's what turns you on!

Me? Don't ask me to enjoy the dire negative dross we are playing at present!

A lot has been made about us 'only' beating the bottom 3 teams to get our latest 9 points but I think a bigger issue is the fact that the team is much more settled now. We have the back 4 that I want now (given that Karapidis looks destined to be a midfielder from now on), we have a good selection of midfielders and Nade is showing us he can play football. I agree that the next few weeks will be very important as we play the 'better' teams but quite happy with my lot at the moment.

Do you really want Zaliukas in the team - he looks great one minute then a bomb scare the next!

To me get Karipidis in central defence with Berra - this is his strongest position.

Now Robbie is back (:eek:) we need to play him at RB, with Jonsson moving up to midfield surely?

Want any more?

That lot would have thumped our current team!

Its been alright, then pash, then bad, then alright'ish, then mince then nobad, now alreet'ish. 3 or 4 against falkirk the morn then i would say things might be looking up!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Wrong, as usual.

And is that your so called response?

Its been alright, then pash, then bad, then alright'ish, then mince then nobad, now alreet'ish. 3 or 4 against falkirk the morn then i would say things might be looking up!

Am swithering between "pash" and "mince" ma sell. ;)

Broxburn Jambo

I would have Fuller before de vries. but I can't.

FFS Lets stick to facts -- at this point of the season we are the third best team in the SPL, If we won 1-0 in every game from now till the season ends would it still be a bad season?

I would have Fuller before de vries. but I can't.

FFS Lets stick to facts -- at this point of the season we are the third best team in the SPL, If we won 1-0 in every game from now till the season ends would it still be a bad season?

Nut, it widnae

No different to last year.

Smokescreen.

Too tight a league to decide now. Once the luck runs out it might be a totally different story and back to the bottom six...

Your rambling now! However to answer your ramblings -

1. Why would I be shouting on Rangers?

2. Yes I'll be there - ST holder for over 25 years.

3. I go to support my team whether I think we can win or not. On your theory

surely 50' date='000 Hearts fans shouldn't bothered to have turned up at the game against Barca![/quote']

So you dont think we can take anything from Rangers? I would hate to have you as the manager. 'Ok lads, I know we are going to get beat today but go out there and try to keep the score down. A two or three goal defeat isnt that bad. Even though we are at home and there are thousands of Jambos in paying money to try and see us win.' Get a grip mate. Your kind of support cant be that good for the team if you think we cant beat the likes of Rangers and Celtic.

Do you really want Zaliukas in the team - he looks great one minute then a bomb scare the next!

To me get Karipidis in central defence with Berra - this is his strongest position.

Now Robbie is back (:eek:) we need to play him at RB, with Jonsson moving up to midfield surely?

Can't disagree with any of that, although I'm picturing Robbie playing Right mid tomorrow as I type. :eek: Hope their left side isn't up to much tomorrow!

Miller Jambo 60
ICT have a shocking home record so it should come as no surprise that Hearts ground out a 1-0 win. Good 3 points - pretty dire performance.

As for the OF, please inform me when I have EVER said they were "the bees knees"??? The OF are a plague on Scottish football and society! CLEAR?

As for enjoying being in 3rd place, great if that's what turns you on!

Me? Don't ask me to enjoy the dire negative dross we are playing at present!

So you dont enjoy 3rd place and as for being turned on , footie does not do that for me.If you go sat remember to wear your anti romanov hat as i can see where you are coming from.

As for me::sheep::sheep::sheep:

No different to last year.

Smokescreen.

Too tight a league to decide now. Once the luck runs out it might be a totally different story and back to the bottom six...

Hi. You're new around here, aren't you?

:wavey:

Welcome to the board.

Because we are third in the League?

Oh I forgot we really should be second or first right enough!

scored like 3 goals

conceded 100

lost to Airdrie,Falkirk,Killie and thumped of Dundee Utd and Rangers!!!

Games are about as entertaining as a trip to the GUM clinic

No atmosphere at games and half empty stadiums

Woo Hoo go season 2008/2009

Best word to sum up

Meh!

scored like 3 goals

conceded 100

lost to Airdrie,Falkirk,Killie and thumped of Dundee Utd and Rangers!!!

Games are about as entertaining as a trip to the GUM clinic

No atmosphere at games and half empty stadiums

Woo Hoo go season 2008/2009

Having read your posts for quite some time now, I've came to the conclusion that supporting Hearts isn't for you.

Having read your posts for quite some time now, I've came to the conclusion that supporting Hearts isn't for you.

Nice to know you notice :)

In all seriousness tho I am happy winning 1 nil every week as all we need is points but to say this season has been good is loser talk

PresidentRomanov

I agree :)

Berra and Bruno has been pretty good, nice to see Robbie fit again, despite his limitations he's a professional thru and thru. The rest have been average.

Under 2% want Romanov out, it is good to see the Hearts fans sticking by the club.

I think it is too early to call. Csaba is just getting to grips with things but I think we will come good.

Guest jambomickey
Under 2% want Romanov out, it is good to see the Hearts fans sticking by the club.

I think it is too early to call. Csaba is just getting to grips with things but I think we will come good.

away and smell the coffee! the vast majority of hearts fans want romanov out.

PresidentRomanov
away and smell the coffee! the vast majority of hearts fans want romanov out.

None of the one's I know don't, then again, my friends would rather hearts didn't go to the wall :)

Guest jambomickey

your having a laugh! and under levein we didn't have clowns like korabochp sitting in the stand. leveins team would hammer what we've got now

PresidentRomanov
your having a laugh! and under levein we didn't have clowns like korabochp sitting in the stand. leveins team would hammer what we've got now

Makes you wonder how this magnificent team won the hole in the doughnut :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey
None of the one's I know don't, then again, my friends would rather hearts didn't go to the wall :)

picky i support hearts but i don't support the nutter who is the major shareholder.

PresidentRomanov
picky i support hearts but i don't support the nutter who is the major shareholder.

You wouldn't support Hearts if Mr Romanov withdrew his support :)

Guest jambomickey
Makes you wonder how this magnificent team won the hole in the doughnut :rolleyes:

did you not enjoy the european trips under levein and was it not nic to know levein identified signing targets and picked the team and tactics.

Archived