How would you rate the season so far?

Craigieboy

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you rate the season so far?

• Good
    • Mediocre at best
    • Bad
    • Terrible & I'm not going back. Romanov OUT etc, etc

Guest jambomickey
You wouldn't support Hearts if Mr Romanov withdrew his support :)

i think there would be people willing to take over hearts picky.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PresidentRomanov
did you not enjoy the european trips under levein and was it not nic to know levein identified signing targets and picked the team and tactics.

I enjoyed my trip to Athens better, to see Hearts compete in the Champions League, and the fact that Levein never managed qualify for that competition, or never managed to win anything, would close the case on Mr Romanov being the more successful manager between the two :)

PresidentRomanov
i think there would be people willing to take over hearts picky.

Where were they when Mr Romanov saved the club then?

If they were born since then, I'd be very surprised if they had the required finances :P

Guest jambomickey
I enjoyed my trip to Athens better, to see Hearts compete in the Champions League, and the fact that Levein never managed qualify for that competition, or never managed to win anything, would close the case on Mr Romanov being the more successful manager between the two :)

as phil anderton said picky fantasy manager and i agree! we never competed in the champions league we played qualifiers and were proven to be not good enough because romanov punted george burley.

Guest jambomickey
Where were they when Mr Romanov saved the club then?

If they were born since then, I'd be very surprised if they had the required finances :P

well there was certainly people robbo told us about but robinson wouldn't deal with them.

PresidentRomanov
as phil anderton said picky fantasy manager and i agree! we never competed in the champions league we played qualifiers and were proven to be not good enough because romanov punted george burley.

Levein never qualified for the qualifiers, so Mr Romanov is still the more successful manager :)

He also won the Scottish Cup - Levein's won nothing as a manager :)

I'd love to continue proving you wrong all night, but I'm having to go out now.

PresidentRomanov
well there was certainly people robbo told us about but robinson wouldn't deal with them.

Robbo wanted to manage Hibs, so what he say's counts for nothing ;)

I'm definitely away now.

Guest jambomickey
Levein never qualified for the qualifiers, so Mr Romanov is still the more successful manager :)

He also won the Scottish Cup - Levein's won nothing as a manager :)

I'd love to continue proving you wrong all night, but I'm having to go out now.

the season we won the cup picky the budget was probably 4 times what levein had to work with.

Guest jambomickey
Robbo wanted to manage Hibs, so what he say's counts for nothing ;)

I'm definitely away now.

we going to have to agree to disagree picky! take care mate, catch you later.

portobellojambo1
Much like many other seasons past, and probably like many seasons to come.

Some decent results/performances, some average results/performances, some shagged out results/performances.

I, obviously, like/want to see Hearts win, I suppose like many I would prefer to see it done with a bit style (without actually getting all Hibernianified), but at the end of the day 3 points is 3 points (what a fecking stunning statement to finish off a sentence with).

The above is based purely on the football on show, which I presume is what this thread is about.

your having a laugh! and under levein we didn't have clowns like korabochp sitting in the stand. leveins team would hammer what we've got now

The name is Korobochka.

Elliot is not called Clum

Romanov is not called Madfud

Zaliukas is not called bombscare.

It is time you and your like showed a bit of respect for the club you claim to support.

You are an embarrassment.

Gav Aitchison

A few people have suggested we're in a false position because we've "only" beaten the weakest sides. Surely that's one of the most satisfying aspects of the season so far - that we are racking up the wins we should be racking up, and not dropping stupid points left right and centre.

So far this season we've taken 18 points out of 18 against the three bottom teams. Compare that to last year... we dropped 7 points against Grenta, 5 against St Mirren, and 10 against Killie. If we can stop slipping up against the league's worst teams then we'll be in a position to challenge for Europe, which is what most of us accepted was all we could aspire to this season.

Some more attractive football would be nice, but we've not exactly got an abundance of class at the moment, so given our limitations let's just be glad we're winning and try to keep it up.

A few people have suggested we're in a false position because we've "only" beaten the weakest sides. Surely that's one of the most satisfying aspects of the season so far - that we are racking up the wins we should be racking up, and not dropping stupid points left right and centre.

So far this season we've taken 18 points out of 18 against the three bottom teams. Compare that to last year... we dropped 7 points against Grenta, 5 against St Mirren, and 10 against Killie. If we can stop slipping up against the league's worst teams then we'll be in a position to challenge for Europe, which is what most of us accepted was all we could aspire to this season.

Some more attractive football would be nice, but we've not exactly got an abundance of class at the moment, so given our limitations let's just be glad we're winning and try to keep it up.

By roughly this point last season we had beaten Celtic in the League Cup, had horsed Rangers at home and had drawn with Celtic in the league.

Anyone seen any sign of us doing anything like that this season?

Guest JamboRobbo

So far this season we've taken 18 points out of 18 against the three bottom teams.

I've been one of those suggesting that. The reason I think it's a wee bit of a false position, is that we've played the bottom 3 teams twice, and the other teams only once. We now need to maintain our recent form, and pick up some points against the better teams (something we failed to do last round of games).

First up, I think the poll is flawed - had their been a "making progress" or "much improved" option between mediocre and good, I'd have voted for that!

In it's absence, being a glass half full kinda guy, so I voted good.

Laszlo has taken the same squad and got them fighting for each other. Last season down to 10 men at Love Street, Hearts would have capitulated. This season, we ground out a win and that's good progress.

Individual performances of Nade, Stewart, Wallace and Berra have upped notably.

Bruno looking like he will play a key role this season, and provide the craft and imagination we badly missed last season.

Some truely strange substitions granted, but at last there appears to be some consistency and logic in starting 11 team selections, and far fewer baffling inclusions and ommisions.

Best all round performance we've given at Fester Road for a good while, even though we only came away with a draw.

We are further behind the old firm than we have been for a while (I think anything we get of them is a bonus), but I don't think we are that far behind Dundee United.

Falkirk today is a banana skin, if we neogotiate this - even with another ground out 1-0 - then it's further evidence of progress.

Charlie-Brown
I've been one of those suggesting that. The reason I think it's a wee bit of a false position, is that we've played the bottom 3 teams twice, and the other teams only once. We now need to maintain our recent form, and pick up some points against the better teams (something we failed to do last round of games).

The flaw in that argument is Hamilton beating the Arabs or Hibs playing St Mirren & Inverness the week before we did and only taking 1 point from 6 - none of the teams currently below Hearts can guarantee 3 points in any game.

What do folk expect? We've got a manager who is relatively new to the Scottish game and the same squad we had last year, minus a few players.

Csaba's come in and got them fit, organised and wanting to play; 3 qualities which weren't there last season.

He can't make poor players better. I think he's doing a great job.

Gav Aitchison

Granted, but in the whole of last season we only got 14 points against the three bottom teams, and dropped 22. Already this season we've got 18 (and dropped none). Surely that's progress?

Granted, but in the whole of last season we only got 14 points against the three bottom teams, and dropped 22. Already this season we've got 18 (and dropped none). Surely that's progress?

Progress made on Saturday. No points from the first game against Falkirk, and then 3 on Saturday. So if we get more than 2 points from the games against the other top 7 teams then we make progress on the first third.

Well done to the players.

Charlie-Brown
Progress made on Saturday. No points from the first game against Falkirk, and then 3 on Saturday. So if we get more than 2 points from the games against the other top 7 teams then we make progress on the first third.

Well done to the players.

I agree well done to the players and of course the manager who's team now sit 3+ points clear of those teams with proper managers like Levein, Jefferies, McGhee & Hughes etc. :)

I agree well done to the players and of course the manager who's team now sit 3+ points clear of those teams with proper managers like Levein, Jefferies, McGhee & Hughes etc. :)

Step too far for now.

The Obua/Driver switch came close to costing the win.

If we beat Rangers next week then perhaps the plaudits should follow.

So you dont think we can take anything from Rangers? I would hate to have you as the manager. 'Ok lads' date=' I know we are going to get beat today but go out there and try to keep the score down. A two or three goal defeat isnt that bad. Even though we are at home and there are thousands of Jambos in paying money to try and see us win.' Get a grip mate. Your kind of support cant be that good for the team if you think we cant beat the likes of Rangers and Celtic.[/quote']

What absolute DROSS!

I'm expressing my view as a Hearts fan regarding the teams performance so far this season - this "Manager" bit is totally irrelevant!

Saying that, the interview Laslo gave after the Celtic game came over that HE was happy to "keep the score down".

MY "kind of support can't be that good for the team"???? What does that mean??

I pay my money and give the team my full vocal support - whether I go to the game thinking we can win or not! So what's your point?

So you dont enjoy 3rd place and as for being turned on , footie does not do that for me.If you go sat remember to wear your anti romanov hat as i can see where you are coming from.

As for me::sheep::sheep::sheep:

You're really going to have to stop going off at a tangent MJ.

I have never been "anti Romanov" however, what has that got to do with my opinion on the quality of football Hearts are playing so far this season?

Miller Jambo 60
You're really going to have to stop going off at a tangent MJ.

I have never been "anti Romanov" however, what has that got to do with my opinion on the quality of football Hearts are playing so far this season?

Lighten up mate a bit banter .

Like your style you dont back down.

Bit like myself:)

Going on the Record hotline to question why Boruc stayed on the park on sat.:eek:

Lighten up mate a bit banter .

Like your style you dont back down.

Bit like myself:)

Going on the Record hotline to question why Boruc stayed on the park on sat.:eek:

Good man - give them what for MJ.

Step too far for now.

The Obua/Driver switch came close to costing the win.

If we beat Rangers next week then perhaps the plaudits should follow.

Disagree Coco. Jonsson was having a poor match IMHO and given Kingston, Miko and Chesney were all injured Lazslos' options were limited.

I'm not 100% convinced about Obua - his positional sense if honking - but one thing he does do is retain possession when he has the ball. It was never a substitution that signalled an intent to score a third, but a sub that said we were settling for a 2-1 win - that appears to be Csaba's way.

Luckily Falkirk missed that sitter at the death, so it didn't backfire.

Disagree Coco. Jonsson was having a poor match IMHO and given Kingston, Miko and Chesney were all injured Lazslos' options were limited.

I'm not 100% convinced about Obua - his positional sense if honking - but one thing he does do is retain possession when he has the ball. It was never a substitution that signalled an intent to score a third, but a sub that said we were settling for a 2-1 win - that appears to be Csaba's way.

Luckily Falkirk missed that sitter at the death, so it didn't backfire.

Obua's positional indiscipline left Falkirk 2 on 1 on Wallace for their cross for their missed header (the sitter you mention) which could very easily have cost our victory.

Otherwise for someone who retains possession he seemed to lose the ball more than half the times he touched it.

He should be in the reserves at best at the moment.

Obua's positional indiscipline left Falkirk 2 on 1 on Wallace for their cross for their missed header (the sitter you mention) which could very easily have cost our victory.

Otherwise for someone who retains possession he seemed to lose the ball more than half the times he touched it.

He should be in the reserves at best at the moment.

I agree with most of that, but to be missing Miko, Chesney and Kingston all at the same time is unfortunate so he was thrown in.

Positional indiscipline yes, but I don't think he gifted the ball away all that often.

What absolute DROSS!

I'm expressing my view as a Hearts fan regarding the teams performance so far this season - this "Manager" bit is totally irrelevant!

Saying that' date=' the interview Laslo gave after the Celtic game came over that HE was happy to "keep the score down".

MY "kind of support can't be that good for the team"???? What does that mean??

I pay my money and give the team my full vocal support - whether I go to the game thinking we can win or not! So what's your point?[/quote']

We did have ten men for most of the second half against Celtic if you remember? So keeping the score down there was probably a good thing. Yes?

Why do you have to be so negative about the Rangers game? From Saturday's performance do you not think we can get a result against Rangers. In the first half we played really well and we also scored two great individual goals. Just one of them being repeated against Rangers could be enough to beat them.

I agree with most of that, but to be missing Miko, Chesney and Kingston all at the same time is unfortunate so he was thrown in.

Positional indiscipline yes, but I don't think he gifted the ball away all that often.

Jonsson was having a poor game going forward, but Falkirk were no threat down that side due to Jonsson/Neilson solidity. I wouldn't have taken Jonsson off, nor would I move Driver to the right when he had the full back on toast.

When Obua came on not only did Driver's threat down the left disappear, but it also allowed the Falkirk right back to get forward as much as he wanted.

Re giving the ball away - I can't be the only one who thought that Obua lost the ball most of the times he touched it?

I thought it strange that the change was made straight after the goal. I think it would have been better to keep it tight for ten minutes after Driver's goal then think about changes.

Obua coming on seemed to disrupt us a little. It also meant Driver switching wings when he had been skinning their RB all day.

But hey, we won so who cares.

We did have ten men for most of the second half against Celtic if you remember? So keeping the score down there was probably a good thing. Yes?

Why do you have to be so negative about the Rangers game? From Saturday's performance do you not think we can get a result against Rangers. In the first half we played really well and we also scored two great individual goals. Just one of them being repeated against Rangers could be enough to beat them.

The way Laslo had the team set up against Celtic it looked like he had already settled for keeping the score down BEFORE we went down to 10 men!

On whether we can beat Rangers? Yes Saturdays performance gives me a bit of hope.

Now whether the Referee/Officials will ALLOW us to beat Rangers - well that's another matter!

The way Laslo had the team set up against Celtic it looked like he had already settled for keeping the score down BEFORE we went down to 10 men!

On whether we can beat Rangers? Yes Saturdays performance gives me a bit of hope.

Now whether the Referee/Officials will ALLOW us to beat Rangers - well that's another matter!

:biggrin: Thats more like it!

The referee is another matter. The usual bottling of big decisions will no doubt happen again on Satruday.

Frankenstein Jambo.
I doubt it :)

I'd still have Nade up front on his own, before Wales, Kirk, or Weir :sad:

i'd have de vries in his prime before nade in a second. I'd rather have kirk as well.

Archived