How would you rate the season so far?

Craigieboy

How would you rate the season so far?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you rate the season so far?

• Good
    • Mediocre at best
    • Bad
    • Terrible & I'm not going back. Romanov OUT etc, etc

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to the SPL, I don't think much has changed from last season. Every team from 3 downwards is hingin and anyone could be in the top 6 come April.

Johnny Sandiego

I think in comparison to last season, it's much better. Still a lot of work to do, but were winning games this season, that we would have drawn or lost last year.

Once the squad is fully fit, we'll hopefully get better entertainment, but im happy with the winning mentality which we have at the minute.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

performances have been colin nish, tactics and substituitions shambolic. unless we buy something special in january we are in for a long boring season!

Francis Albert
performances have been colin nish, tactics and substituitions shambolic. unless we buy something special in january we are in for a long boring season!

I can think of many years when I'd have given my right arm for a long boring season ...

Seriously, ask again in May.

Charlie-Brown

I think it depends which week you ask this question as JKB lurches back & forth from negative to positive & back again quite frequently.

Dean Winchester

If handed a 3rd position finish right now, I couldnt give a crap how long and boring this season is.

If handed a 3rd position finish right now, I couldnt give a crap how long and boring this season is.

Here here. All I want is a wee European trip next year.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

yeah but when it comes to may we wont be in 3rd place and i'll place as much money as possible! we have nothin to look forward to theres just no spark about that team

I'd say so far the season has been good but only because it has been that bad the last couple of seasons. We are only in 3rd place due to the lack of quality sitting below us. We are playing far from attractive or exciting football so i have chose to vote for mediocre.

Guest jambomickey
I'd say so far the season has been good but only because it has been that bad the last couple of seasons. We are only in 3rd place due to the lack of quality sitting below us. We are playing far from attractive or exciting football so i have chose to vote for mediocre.

would agree with that mate.

encouraging for looking like a much harder team to beat.

frustrating for being a team without much of a cutting edge.

pleased that we have ground out results we simply wouldn't have got last season.

wary that the team could just as easily have a bad run and spoil a lot of hard work.

hopeful that we will continue to keep the points ticking over.

peebles jambo
I think there should be more options.

I've gone for 'mediocre at best' as thats about the closest to my thoughts.

same here, there should be a, we're winning, but producing boring, crap football, choice

Mediocre at best.

Tactics and subs are both terrible and we're playing a crap system.

Training does not seem to have improved any either as alot of our players still can;t get even the basics right.

Not holding my breath for January either.

Nucky Thompson

Well if the best we can hope for in this league is 3rd and we are sitting 3rd now then it has to be good.

Guest jambomickey
Well if the best we can hope for in this league is 3rd and we are sitting 3rd now then it has to be good.

boo you've been watching the performance on the park and surely your not naive enough to think we're a good team? we're 3rd because the standard of the spl is garbage.

PresidentRomanov
boo you've been watching the performance on the park and surely your not naive enough to think we're a good team? we're 3rd because the standard of the spl is garbage.

I'd say the same about when we finished third twice under Levein.

Guest jambomickey
I'd say the same about when we finished third twice under Levein.

picky leveins team would hammer what we've got now imo

PresidentRomanov
picky leveins team would hammer what we've got now imo

I doubt it :)

I'd still have Nade up front on his own, before Wales, Kirk, or Weir :sad:

We have improved on last season. Things may not be great and the football may not be great but we are currently sitting in 3rd which is the best we could have hoped for. Where is the positivity?

We could be 9th with a fat ****e manager and the burden of :107years: hanging over us.

Surely there should have been an "Excellent" option.

what you smokin? or drinking

So I could have said "Good" without, in the process, giving top marks.

We have improved on last season. Things may not be great and the football may not be great but we are currently sitting in 3rd which is the best we could have hoped for. Where is the positivity?

We could be 9th with a fat ****e manager and the burden of :107years: hanging over us.

The issue is that 18 of the current 23 points were gained in games against the 3 clear weakest teams in the league when nobody else has played all those 3 means it is something of a false position. You can only get points against the teams played of course but the fixture list has been kind so far. 5 points from the 8 games against the better teams is as good a measure of the season so far. Lets see how we get on against the better teams this time.

In addition the rotten exit in the League Cup (one of our only 2 chances of silverware) should be added. Most of the problems in player recruitment/tactics/management committee etc seem to still be there in my view.

I voted 'bad' so far.

Obviously delighted to be in 3rd place however, this does not camoflage the fact that (IMO) the current team is dire to watch.

Broxburn Jambo
yeah but when it comes to may we wont be in 3rd place and i'll place as much money as possible! we have nothin to look forward to theres just no spark about that team

Statement without ay argument to back it up.

Tell us who will be third and reasons why if you can?

I can't see any other team better than us at the moment.

I doubt it :)

I'd still have Nade up front on his own, before Wales, Kirk, or Weir :sad:

I'd take Andy Kirk back right now.

And that's based on his goal scoring ability and not "where he comes from"!

Dundee United. Experienced, impressive manager, no daft backroom structures, better players and will be driven on emotionally by losing their Chairman too. I agree that there's presently no-one better than us outwith them mind - though in truth, ourselves, Killie, Aberdeen and Motherwell are very closely matched. That we have a lead on them at present can only be good news.

Going by the evidence I saw at Tynecastle recently, Hamilton are better than us!

I am always delighted when Hearts win however, the boos that greeted the final whistle at that game said it all!

Miller Jambo 60
Going by the evidence I saw at Tynecastle recently, Hamilton are better than us!

I am always delighted when Hearts win however, the boos that greeted the final whistle at that game said it all!

Thats why they won the game:eek:im confused.

Hamiliton are pesh.

Bottom of the pile says it all.:)

Aye better than us played twice and beaten them twice,

aye better than us.

Cant beat a jambo that sticks up for his team. NOT

The issue is that 18 of the current 23 points were gained in games against the 3 clear weakest teams in the league when nobody else has played all those 3 means it is something of a false position. You can only get points against the teams played of course but the fixture list has been kind so far. 5 points from the 8 games against the better teams is as good a measure of the season so far. Lets see how we get on against the better teams this time.

In addition the rotten exit in the League Cup (one of our only 2 chances of silverware) should be added. Most of the problems in player recruitment/tactics/management committee etc seem to still be there in my view.

I voted 'bad' so far.

The fact is we are currently 3rd in the table with more points than the rest of the SPL's smaller clubs. I'd have points on the board over 'easy' and I use that term loosely fixtures. You are only ever a s good as your current league position. There are never any guarantees in football.

The League Cup exit was disappointing but not the end of the world. I don't have my head buried in the sand, and things may not all be rosy in the garden, but we can still win the Scottish Cup, we can still qualify for Europe, and given our poor season last year and the lack of quality in our current playing squad, this season can only be seen so far as a success. Some of our fans moan for the sake of moaning.

I voted good i think its been ok in truth, but there is huge room for improvement.

Im more impressed with the u19s though im sure they will start bearing fruit soon.

Nucky Thompson
The question was how do you rate the season so far not do you think we're a good team. Seeing as we are in the best position in the league we can hope for, I have to rate the season so far as good.

Thats why they won the game:eek:im confused.

Hamiliton are pesh.

Bottom of the pile says it all.:)

Aye better than us played twice and beaten them twice,

aye better than us.

Cant beat a jambo that sticks up for his team. NOT

Listen Matey, if I was on Hobo.net or arguing with a Hobo in the pub I would be sticking up for my team big style!

However - this is a debate between Hearts supporters who are giving honest personal opinions on the performance of the team.

If you were at the Hamilton game you would have seen that they played us off the park but could not score. We were the winning team but certainly not the best footballing team! As I said this was painfully evident to the thousands of Hearts fans who booed the team off the park inspite of winning 3 points.

Note: Stand by for the "if you want to watch losing football with flair go to ER" spin!

I voted 'bad' so far.

A damning indictment on our so called 'progress'.

For me , mediocre, as expected.

Nelly Terraces

Why's there not a F ***** G GASH/BORED TO DEATH/DULL AS PUCK/WHO CARES option?

That would sum it up nicely for me. Boring pish. Pub by 4pm tomorrow deffo.:)

Nelly Terraces
Bunch of drama queens. You'd probably find something to moan about if we were top of the league.

Steady SM, nowt wrong with saying what's basically true. Most of the games this season have been gash. Never been more bored watching my team since Jordan was in charge. At least in thse days we used to give the Old Squirm a doing now and then.

Watching Hearts - good cure for insomnia.

Steady SM, nowt wrong with saying what's basically true. Most of the games this season have been gash. Never been more bored watching my team since Jordan was in charge. At least in thse days we used to give the Old Squirm a doing now and then.

Watching Hearts - good cure for insomnia.

Sad but true Nelly :sad:

Archived