Your favourite game with the best atmosphere???

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

For me it has to be around 1999 ?? Away to Dundee Utd we are fighting against relegation and that wee nob Dodds scored just as i sat down!! We won 3-1 with Mickey Cameron scoring a unbelivable solo goal!! Despite being at the bottom of the league and a wednesday night we had around 6000 there that night!! The atmosphere was unbelievable!!

wheatfield to sheffield

the semifinal. Seven Nation Army, the gift that keeps on giving.

Bayern Munich.

1998 Scottish Cup Final

Scotland 2 France 0 1989. Pouring rain, proper Hampden atmos.

and before I get accused of being a big-game Charlie

Hearts 7 Hamilton 0, 1987

Seem to remember being at a game think it was the 1980s at tannadice jimmy bone was sent off in a s/cup game.Hearts support was unbelievable just a constant wall of noise unfortunatly i think we got beat 2-1.

Big Davie's mazy run in the last minute v Rangers in the 4-2 Scottish Cup win in 1995.

Great atmosphere.

Hearts 1 aberdeen 0 May 3rd 2006.

Buffalo Bill

My mate, Al - who's not a footy fan, lives in Gorgie, and moved there just before Hearts played Red Star Belgrade in 1996.

He had his window open when big Davie headed Hearts into the lead and said he's never heard anything like it before in his life.

Buffalo Bill

....and for being in The Shed.

Hearts 3 Sellik 1

Nov 1991. Hearts top of the league and fantastic sways!!

Buffalo Bill

Nothing will ever compare with the outpouring of emotion at that Aberdeen game in 2006, it was intense and absolutely phenomenal.

I remember the Tannadice game in 1999 but would also throw in a similar game a year earlier when Hamilton scored in a 1-0 win, half the home end erupted when we scored. That was the day I thought we might just nick the league. Oh well!

Tokyo Drifter
For me it has to be around 1999 ?? Away to Dundee Utd we are fighting against relegation and that wee nob Dodds scored just as i sat down!! We won 3-1 with Mickey Cameron scoring a unbelivable solo goal!! Despite being at the bottom of the league and a wednesday night we had around 6000 there that night!! The atmosphere was unbelievable!!

Aberdeen for the CL and Slavia Prague at home in about '92

peebles jambo

one of my favourite games was in the 70s

it was the first derby after that dreadful day, we won 4-2 , i think

schaedler scored an own goal, the atmosphere in front of the old piestand that day was fantastic, the sways and being packed like sardines, brilliant

those who never experienced it, it was different class

Commander Harris
Big Davie's mazy run in the last minute v Rangers in the 4-2 Scottish Cup win in 1995.

Great atmosphere.

Hearts 1 aberdeen 0 May 3rd 2006.

Buffalo Bill

can't beat a mac attack. :)

Glamorgan Jambo

One of the best atmospheres I remember at Tynie was way back the first season we were in Div 1 (77 - 78) in a league cup 1/4 second leg vs Dundee Utd. We were 2 down from the first leg the previous week and as the game started the rain turned to sleet which then turned to snow. The crowd was pretty small (c 8000) but all gathered in the shed for shelter. As the game developed our boys grew in confidence (DU were flying high) and inspired by the teenage Walter Kidd and Eamonn Bannon really took the game to the highly rated tangerines. The crowd really got behind the team and the noise was tremendous when first Kidd then Busby scored to get the tie on level terms.

What followed was my first ever penalty shoot out where thanks to a couple of great saves from Ray Dunlop we thought we would cruise through. Drew Busby, who never missed a penalty, then proceeded to kick the penalty spot not the ball which barely trickled to McAlpine in the DU goal before a not yet bald Bannon clinched the winner. The shed totally rocked at the 'giant killing' of Dundee Utd.

....and for being in The Shed.

Hearts 3 Sellik 1

Nov 1991. Hearts top of the league and fantastic sways!!

Buffalo Bill

We have a winner:thumb:

The first game at the Flairdome after Mr Mercer's takeover offer was withdrawn. Pure hatred from both sets of fans and a great result for Heart of Midlothian FC. :)

The first game at the Flairdome after Mr Mercer's takeover offer was withdrawn. Pure hatred from both sets of fans and a great result for Heart of Midlothian FC. :)

A close 2nd for me mate. It was great though.

A close 2nd for me mate. It was great though.

Didn't think you were old enough to enjoy the full experience of that day. ;)

Didn't think you were old enough to enjoy the full experience of that day. ;)

13, I was an up and coming bassa even then:cool:

one of my favourite games was in the 70s

it was the first derby after that dreadful day, we won 4-2 , i think

schaedler scored an own goal, the atmosphere in front of the old piestand that day was fantastic, the sways and being packed like sardines, brilliant

those who never experienced it, it was different class

4-1, and the ground was rocking like in the Burley days 1-0 v Rangers.

Instead of "we shall not be moved" everyone was singing "we'll support you evermore" - presumably even those who burned their scarves in the

Shed after that dreadful day.

2/04/06 wasn't bad either, and I remember Anfield after Dalglish got the 2nd goal against Wales.

Been loads of games with a great atmosphere. Beating Aberdeen to secure 2nd was amazing. After the game in the diggers etc was superb aswell.

Going to Feyenoord to see Hearts get turned over 3-0 was not pleasing on the eye. But the noise we made throughout the game was brilliant. The video on youtube just sums up what a support we had that night.

Guest juvehearts

some in reecent times for myself & older ones also

beating rangers 3-0 at Ibrox when alan Johnston Scored a hat-trick

pulling 2 back against hibs to make it 4-4 at tynecastle, i was on the pitch!!!!

beating celtic 2-1 curtsoy of austin mccann

beating aberdeen 1-0 at hampden in 95/6 robbo scored i think.

Bordaeux was just amazing, outside that irish boozer.

ofcource the scottish cup game vs hibs

the cup final weekend may 16th & 17th 1998.

the 4-3 defeat to rangers at celtic park was a memoriable one for myself.

any big game in the crazy corner at tynecastle was superb, i just really whish we had that back :(

away to aberdeen where we won 3-0 in 1992 i think, outside the ground was scary seeing all these sheepshaggers throwing stuff at us.

ANY game at easter road, i mean ANY theyre the reason why i go to football.

Beating France in france 1-0 mcfadden was brilliant for me.

also beating holland 1-0 also a few years ago was a good atmosphere.

ill rattle my brain & come up with a few more, but that should cover it just now.

so many to mention............................

1-0 Aberdeen '06

4-1 Hobos Sept 73

Hobo Semi:107years:

'06 Final (missed 98 for work)

Bayern Munich

Fossie

waving 50p's at San Giro after takeover (was all the bassa's were worth)

Smeltic '06 Nelly Lemons pass to Roman

Scotland v Portugal U16WC Semi

that'll do for starters

Some others,............

4-1 v Burnley (1971 ?) went through 5-4 on aggregate. No mean feat after they ripped us apart down there.

Everton at Goodison 1-0 Buzz Bomb. Great atmosphere created by the few thousand who went down.

Wolves 1-0 at Molinuex. George Fleming. We must have had around 7 or 8 thousand down for that.

( jeez,.........no wonder I ended up with **** results at school).

Motherwell away 2-1 Tex semi final. Fleming and Ford.

Dundee Utd 3-0 away 85/86.

All the recent demolition jobs on the cabbage.

Sure that there's more, but apart from those previously mentioned, these are the ones that spring to mind.

Other than those mentioned involving the JTs, the 3 Scotland games at th 82 World Cup were unbelievable.

The New Zealand and Russian games were fantastic, but the Brazilian match had without a doubt, one of the best atmospheres I've ever experienced.

Must also therefore include the 1977 2-1 v Engerlund at Wembalee, and the 2-0 and 2-1 victories against them at Hampdump in the 70s.

Scotland 2- Czech 1 1973 was also rather spiffing.

Craig Herbertson

3-0 against Aberdeen at Home. 1970's. We were absolutely starved of any success. After the third goal Never Walk Alone broke out across 2/3rds of ground. Rememebr it like yesterday

Can't really remember the significance of the game but i remember tynie going mental when Jose Quitongo equalised in injury time against Celtic.

Arbroath in 1979 to get promotion deserves a mention.:)

Brilliant remember celebrating outside with a bottle of pomagne ah happy days we really were the gorgie boot boys then arbroath was a great day oot remember the 7-0 game at xmas time.

Some others,............

4-1 v Burnley (1971 ?) went through 5-4 on aggregate. No mean feat after they ripped us apart down there.

Everton at Goodison 1-0 Buzz Bomb. Great atmosphere created by the few thousand who went down.

Wolves 1-0 at Molinuex. George Fleming. We must have had around 7 or 8 thousand down for that.

( jeez,.........no wonder I ended up with **** results at school).

Motherwell away 2-1 Tex semi final. Fleming and Ford.

Dundee Utd 3-0 away 85/86.

All the recent demolition jobs on the cabbage.

Sure that there's more, but apart from those previously mentioned, these are the ones that spring to mind.

You're a bit of a Texaco Cup man I see!

Buffalo Bill

There`s been many memorable atmospheres. The whole season at home in 2006 was the best for a long time. Tynie was absolutely buzzing at times especially the bigger games v the Hobos and the OF.

Especially when we got a couple in front early in games. It keeps the fans on their feet and the players must get such a high from it, notably the 4-1 game v the Hoboids when we went 3 up in the first half.

You could see the sh ite fleeing oot the Hobos players and fans at the "heaving cauldron" which Tynecastle can be.

Hearts%20v%20Lokomotiv%20Leipzig%201976.jpg

That will likely be the Locomotiv Leipzig game :) wonder if I am in the picture as I was on the park happy days

just noticed in the quote on the reply that it was indeed thanks for posting it.

Got to agree with Andi17 the atmosphere at Tannadice that day was electric. Sure it was in 1985 and I remember as being the best scarf thirly ever everyone was at it on three sides of the ground absolutely amazing sight.

I think it was 1967-68 when we beat Rangers 1-0 at Tynie. Donald Ford scored with about ten minutes to go.

The place was rocking. I still remember walking up the road to my house in East Kilbride singing at the top of my voice around midnight. Brilliant!

I think it was 1967-68 when we beat Rangers 1-0 at Tynie. Donald Ford scored with about ten minutes to go.

The place was rocking. I still remember walking up the road to my house in East Kilbride singing at the top of my voice around midnight. Brilliant!

Forgot to mention it was a Scottish Cup tie after drawing 1-1 at Ibrox.

sorry if some have already been mentioned...

dundee united away (3-0) 1986

celtic home scottish cup (1-0) circa 1987?

rangers home scottish cup (3-2) 1986

dukla prague home uefa cup (3-2) 1984... (just for that early goal)

stuttgart home uefa cup (3-2) circa 2000?

velez mostar home uefa cup (3-0) 1989

PresidentRomanov

Scottish Cup against Celtic in 1987 was magic - the best birly I've ever seen.

I remember Archie Macpherson telling veiwers not to worry, as there wasn't a snowstorm when the teams came out for the second half :)

That was when the Hearts had a brilliant support :sad:

Guest jambomickey

I remember Archie Macpherson telling veiwers not to worry, as there wasn't a snowstorm when the teams came out for the second half :)

you don't think hearts have a brilliant support now?

the 'birly' was immense twice that day, half time and after the goal.

definitely the best i've seen.

peebles jambo
That will likely be the LocomotivLeipzig game :) wonder if I am in the picture as I was on the park happy days

just noticed in the quote on the reply that it was indeed thanks for posting it.

that was a fantatic night, just got married and could't afford a colour telly so had to go down to my folks house later to watch the highlights in colour, the atmosphere that night was incredible :)

PresidentRomanov
what makes you think that?

The fact that the away support numbers about 600/1000, and Tynecastle being like a library - except when booing - might have something to do with it.

Tannadice 1986, 3-0 Hearts was another brilliant atmosphere, I was crying with emotion at the end of that game :)

I wonder if that laddie who wandered onto the pitch that day posts on here?

4-4 @tynie

away @bordeux

4-0 nil semi

or all us jambos in every pub/house seeing Livingstone humping hobos in the diddy cup when they thought all they had to do was turn up ;)

Archived