Your favourite game with the best atmosphere???

Walter Bishop

Guest jambomickey
The fact that the away support numbers about 600/1000, and Tynecastle being like a library - except when booing - might have something to do with it.

Tannadice 1986, 3-0 Hearts was another brilliant atmosphere, I was crying with emotion at the end of that game :)

I wonder if that laddie who wandered onto the pitch that day posts on here?

it's upto the owner and the team to give the fans something to get up for though isn't it?

PresidentRomanov
it's upto the owner and the team to give the fans something to get up for though isn't it?

We never had much to get up for in years gone by, but still did :sad:

Guest jambomickey

picky it was different! what we've had to put up with as a support no other teams fans would have stood for. i think the hearts fans are very loyal and very very tolerant.

PresidentRomanov
picky it was different! what we've had to put up with as a support no other teams fans would have stood for. i think the hearts fans are very loyal and very very tolerant.

How was it different?

Is what's happening now worse than spending four years in the 1st Division?

Agree and disgaree! I was there at the 1987 cup tie v Celtic and the Hearts end was brilliant and in general the Eighties was when Hearts still had a very vocal support in most games.

Equally though, even games v the Motherwells etc in those days would be quietish, although the difference was that the fans gave the team a few songs at the start of the game to get them going.

Now it`s a wee clap and everyone sits down waiting to be entertained.

Guest jambomickey
How was it different?

Is what's happening now worse than spending four years in the 1st Division?

at least when we were in the first division we knew our manager and coaching staff were picking the team and the tactics.

PresidentRomanov
at least when we were in the first division we knew our manager and coaching staff were picking the team and the tactics.

We knew the manager wasn't picking the team in 2006, but the stadium was sold out every week :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey
We knew the manager wasn't picking the team in 2006, but the stadium was sold out every week :rolleyes:

yeah on the back of the start under burley and people giving vlad a chance picky. anyway enjoyed the debate and we never fell out this time. catch you later mate

PresidentRomanov
yeah on the back of the start under burley and people giving vlad a chance picky. anyway enjoyed the debate and we never fell out this time. catch you later mate

So at least we're agreed, it doesn't matter how the club's being run, all that matters is winning :)

See you later :fing10:

Scottish Cup against Celtic in 1987 was magic - the best birly I've ever seen.

I remember Archie Macpherson telling veiwers not to worry, as there wasn't a snowstorm when the teams came out for the second half :)

That was when the Hearts had a brilliant support :sad:

If I recall correctly, weetabix heid got a bit flustered and described it as a

........." maroon and white...um..errr...whirlygig".

Priceless !

Brilliant remember celebrating outside with a bottle of pomagne ah happy days we really were the gorgie boot boys then arbroath was a great day oot remember the 7-0 game at xmas time.

Aye 2 hatricks and 2 cases of whisky.

You're a bit of a Texaco Cup man I see!

Buffalo Bill

Yes William, I was.

Unfortunately though, there was a direct correlation between my regular three or four day bus journeys with either Ardmillan or Manor to far oft places such as Crystal Palace and Oldham to my "o level" results.

Still,........happy memories.

Thunderstruck

Best was Loko Leipzig. Standing, packed stadium, noise, electric atmosphere, result. Even the commentator (Alan Weeks?) got carried away on BBC highlights.

Others that are worth an honourable mention....

1983 - Beating Huns @Tynie in run of 4 or 5 wins at start of season, 3-0 up early in 2nd half.

1986 - Cup beating Huns 3-2

1986 - after Robbo's 3rd at Tannadice in April

1988 - When Robbo returned and we beat the Hun 2-0.

1989 - Bayern at home.

1998 - the Cup Final

2003 - the 4-4 game

2003 - The Austin McCann screamer game

2006 - the semi-final

Last year - beating huns 4-2

Dundee United away (3-0) in 1986 just at the end of the season -- they were still in the race for the title and we were just fantastic -- Robbo at his best and the whole away part of the shed and behind the goals thought that was the day we had won the league.

Stuttgart at home -- I swear the stand shook with the whole noise in the last 20 minutes.

Paris back in 84? -- rockets. flares and a great atmosphere in the ground.

For me it has to be around 1999 ?? Away to Dundee Utd we are fighting against relegation and that wee nob Dodds scored just as i sat down!! We won 3-1 with Mickey Cameron scoring a unbelivable solo goal!! Despite being at the bottom of the league and a wednesday night we had around 6000 there that night!! The atmosphere was unbelievable!!

1998 cup final for me, i woke up that day, the sun was shining, and it just felt magical. i knew we were going to do it, ( it helped that the hammer was suspended and Gaza got punted to middlesborugh just before the game)

I was confident till they scored late on, my brother spent the last ten Min's in the toilets, i as right next to the Huns, i gave them it tight.

Anyway some Hun tried to swap strips with me at the end GTF was my answer, the coach back to Edinburgh was buzzing.

I could not believe all the people waving at the busses from corstorphine in, after that it was a drunken stupor.

Shame the hobos will never experience the joy of wining a big cup :)

Best was Loko Leipzig. Standing, packed stadium, noise, electric atmosphere, result. Even the commentator (Alan Weeks?) got carried away on BBC highlights.

Others that are worth an honourable mention....

1983 - Beating Huns @Tynie in run of 4 or 5 wins at start of season, 3-0 up early in 2nd half.

1986 - Cup beating Huns 3-2

1986 - after Robbo's 3rd at Tannadice in April

1988 - When Robbo returned and we beat the Hun 2-0.

1989 - Bayern at home.

1998 - the Cup Final

2003 - the 4-4 game

2003 - The Austin McCann screamer game

2006 - the semi-final

Last year - beating huns 4-2

What about the "hose " last min equaliser against sellik that was a scream, i argued all the way down gorgie road with a tim fan about that one, he was livid, i loved stuffing it up them.:):):)

My mate, Al - who's not a footy fan, lives in Gorgie, and moved there just before Hearts played Red Star Belgrade in 1996.

He had his window open when big Davie headed Hearts into the lead and said he's never heard anything like it before in his life.

Buffalo Bill

I was having a pee at that moment in the Wheatfield Stand shunky - tried to see it on the tv screen in there and pee'd everywhere except where I should have :o

Meant to say - HMFC v Celtic in the Cup in 87/88. Atmos was incredible and the twirlies superb. I'm sure we had a late kick off as Scotland were beating Ireland at Murrayfield too.

Bayern Munich & Bordeux my favourite European nights :)

Agree with many of the suggestions but surprised know one has mentioned the 5-1 game v the wee team.

Few personal favourites:

3-2 v Rangers '86 @ Tynie (S.cup 3rd rnd)

4-0 v Hibs New year '97 @ E.R

1-0 v Celtic '96 @ Tynie (a.e.t Cocacola cup)

1-0 v Bayern Munich @ Tynie

2-1 v Celtic '03 @ Tynie (A.McCann last min goal)

3-4 v Rangers '96 @ Celtic Park (cocacola cup final when Robbo equalised!)

The 4-0 and 4-1 v Hibs @ tynie in the 05-06 season plus the 3-2 boxing day game in '06 were amazing atmospheres.

Brilliant remember celebrating outside with a bottle of pomagne ah happy days we really were the gorgie boot boys then arbroath was a great day oot remember the 7-0 game at xmas time.

Our bus came home with a corner flag and enough turf to do a decent back garden. I kept mine on top of my wardrope for years till I moved out of the parents house. Great Day.

Up at tannadice under burley when we were flying the Hearts end was jumping half an hour before kick off and the semi final against hibs will live with me forever

Seymour M Hersh
amazing how a retrospective trip down memory lane can quickly turn into a gnashing sesh about current issues. :eek:

pity.

I was just thinking that myself. Reading through a highly enjoyable thread then it goes downhill and turns into a blame Vlad fest for one poster. JM you must be pwoud, very pwoud.

got to be stuttgart!! I sat the goirgie stand that night for christ sake but the atmosphere was totally mental.

1-0 party poopers day at fester road was amazing!!!

beating shellick in the CIS cup a couple od seaons ago too when velicka came on and ran the show. Our end was boucning!!

For me though This has to be one of the best games ive been to and witnessed for atmosphere. Just check the Hearts support out behnd the goal on the second clip It was like that all way round, the sways were tremendous and it was non stop singing. Wee Robbos first is probably one of the best goals ive seen.

Even the Feyenoord fans were impressed by the noise we made that night. What a day in Holland. The only time ive been to see Hearts abroad and it was worth it. Even though we got beat it was a great atmosphere. Will be looking my passport out for next year. We're all going on a European Tour?

scots civil war

the recently discussed sept 83 v the lochend tramps surely......3-2 tynecstle

proper old skool

sure it was great weather that day as well

being right in line with the goals goin in and surveying all around me in the corner of the shed when the ball rolls into the net

:band:

one ****off mashup right there

there have been a few amasing atmospheres over the years home and away from tynecastle but i have to say the match against aberdeen to qualify for the champions league and fyssas came on at the end and started singing the atmosphere at that game was phenomanal:D

Loads of my favourites already mentioned, but one that sticks out for me was Stuttgart at home. 3-2 win but it just wasn't enough to get us through.

Engrossing, joyous and agonising at the end. The atmosphere that night was electric, and as a 12 year-old laddie the feeling of immense pride but absolute devastation at not getting what we thoroughly deserved (in my 12 year old eyes anyway) got me hooked.

For me it has to be the Dundee Utd game at tannadice with Robbo's 25 yard bullet. Was in the main stand as Maurice Malpas had sorted out tickets for me and my dad and I was just a little 8 year old but looking across at the 000s o jambos and listening to the singing and feeling the atmosphere looking back it just summed up why we bleed maroon

Bordeaux is my only Euro trip so far, so i'd have to say that.

The Stuttgart game at home, and all the usual games.... 4-4, the big semi, the two cup finals....

the recently discussed sept 83 v the lochend tramps surely......3-2 tynecstle

proper old skool

sure it was great weather that day as well

being right in line with the goals goin in and surveying all around me in the corner of the shed when the ball rolls into the net

:band:

one ****off mashup right there

This was my first ever derby match. Still remember my dads words to me when we came out that day. "We're Back"

Never thought I'd experience a better atmosphere at Tynecastle after the Stuttgart game, but the noise at the Aberdeen game to qualify for the Champions League matched it. Apparently we could be heard across Edinburgh.

At Hampden, the atmosphere at the semi-final was great, as was the Scotland-France game, something special about going mental with loads of your mates regardless of the team they support.

Never thought I'd experience a better atmosphere at Tynecastle after the Stuttgart game, but the noise at the Aberdeen game to qualify for the Champions League matched it. Apparently we could be heard across Edinburgh.

At Hampden, the atmosphere at the semi-final was great, as was the Scotland-France game, something special about going mental with loads of your mates regardless of the team they support.

Stuttgart was a very special atmosphere indeed.

4-4 game v Hibs - I have never ever seen Tynie like that also very special.

The night Frankie Liddle scored to clinch the First Division title against Airdrie to send us back up is a favourite as it was the only time I have ever been on the pitch and they were such miserable times you had to make the most of it.

Also the first game back in the Premier League 82-83 IIRC at Perth (can't remember the name of their old ground) with Jimmy Bone scoring the winner was a great atmosphere.

Bordeaux was pretty mental. You know when Hearts first score and you have that moment of delerium where you forget everything and go absolutely mental that anyone who didn't understand football would think you were a complete tool. You know, before you slip back into more respectable happiness of just clapping or singing?

Well, when De Vries scored in Bordeaux it was the longest i had ever slipped into that moment for. I swear, they had already kicked off by the time I had stopped going absolutely ape-****.

The end of the early season 1-0 game against Motherwell in 05-06 was something as well. Gordon makes a point-blank save to save the three points, the other results are announced, and when "Rangers nil Hibs....three" is read out, the whole stadium erupts in cheers.

And we all looked at our faces, and we said to ourselves, "Did we just cheer a Hobo win!??"

It was then we we realized what our ambitions lay. What a season.

Archived