Players who Played for big teams but were actually not very good

Rawrrrrrrr

Terry is a very good defender but he is massively over-rated by many. He's not world class as some would have you believe and he's an absolute ****** as well.

That's very true, but the thread asks "who played for a big team despite not being very good". John Terry is, blatantly, very good - whether you think he's over-rated or not (I think he is over-rated). He's an international class defender and in the Premiership, only Manchester United would think twice before starting him.

Try asking someone who's played against JT if he deserves to be mentioned on a thread with the likes of Ali Dia and Titus Bramble.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadly serious for a moment, though - Paul Scholes is gash, always has been.

:eek:

He can't tackle, and is a dirty player who gets away with it because people just think "ach - that's Scholesey". But his vision, passing, long range shooting, technique, work rate, longevity and attitude are all top notch - and if Fergie hails him as one of his most important players ever, that's good enough for me.

Man Utd didn't struggle so badly in the Nou Camp against Bayern nine years ago just because they'd lost Keane to suspension; they also missed Scholes badly. And the way in which he was continually ****ed around by Sven Goran Eriksson, played on the left of a narrow four, and just generally wasted (much as Gerrard has often been since) was an absolute embarrassment. World class for many years: no doubt in my mind about that.

Unless, of course, you're just winding us up...? ;)

Charlie-Brown

Alex Ferguson once said of Willie Miller - he cannae tackle, he can't header the ball properly, he can't pass, he's slow and hasn't got any pace but he's just such a great f'n player..... :)

:eek:

He can't tackle, and is a dirty player who gets away with it because people just think "ach - that's Scholesey". But his vision, passing, long range shooting, technique, work rate, longevity and attitude are all top notch - and if Fergie hails him as one of his most important players ever, that's good enough for me.

Man Utd didn't struggle so badly in the Nou Camp against Bayern nine years ago just because they'd lost Keane to suspension; they also missed Scholes badly. And the way in which he was continually ****ed around by Sven Goran Eriksson, played on the left of a narrow four, and just generally wasted (much as Gerrard has often been since) was an absolute embarrassment. World class for many years: no doubt in my mind about that.

Unless, of course, you're just winding us up...? ;)

I couldn't possibly be...could I?

I'd hate to think what 'rudi must stay' would make of him after criticising Dennis Irwin but for me the winner of this thread has to be Francis Benali.

A truely awful footballer who spent almost his entire career playing in Englads top flight!!

Archived