Players who Played for big teams but were actually not very good

Rawrrrrrrr

My input will be Titus Bramble, David May, John Obi Mikel,Jarosik, Smertin,Boumsong

Anyone mentioning rangers or celtic players will be banned as per mods agreement:p

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are talking about the Premiership, I always thought Frank Sinclair and Michael Duberry were worth 10-15 goals to the opposition every season.

My input will be Titus Bramble, David May, John Obi Mikel,Jarosik, Smertin,Boumsong

Anyone mentioning rangers or celtic players will be banned as per mods agreement:p

Did David May not win the Champions League with Man Utd?

I thought he was a fine player.

Buffalo Bill

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Eh?

Did David May not win the Champions League with Man Utd?

I thought he was a fine player.

Buffalo Bill

And the Premiership in his time at Blackburn.

And the Premiership in his time at Blackburn.

He's possibly not keeping Franz Beckenbauer awake at night worrying who's 'the greatest defender ever', but the guy had a very good career, and achieved a lot of success.

I think he moved to Man U before Blackburn won the Premiership though.

Hardly what I'd call a flop.

Buffalo Bill

Dusk_Till_Dawn
He's possibly not keeping Franz Beckenbauer awake at night worrying who's 'the greatest defender ever', but the guy had a very good career, and achieved a lot of success.

Hardly what I'd call a flop.

Buffalo Bill

David May, Superstar, He's won more medals than Shearer

I think that's how the song went

boabyarsebiscuit
If you are talking about the Premiership, I always thought Frank Sinclair and Michael Duberry were worth 10-15 goals to the opposition every season.

Michael Duberry was a fantastic young defender at Chelsea until his career was derailed by a serious injury.

Frank Sinclair was also good over a number of seasons in an average Chelsea team. He was then made to look "not so good" when Chelsea started signing players like Gullit, Zola, Desailly.

May did have a lot of injury problems but I'm sure Utd fans remember him as a very good player. I certainly do, and he has a nice medal haul to sit at home and polish.

Buffalo Bill

Saha

Michael Duberry was a fantastic young defender at Chelsea until his career was derailed by a serious injury.

He's a grass.

May did have a lot of injury problems but I'm sure Utd fans remember him as a very good player. I certainly do, and he has a nice medal haul to sit at home and polish.

Buffalo Bill

Don't get me wrong he wasnt a bad player, I just dont think he was as good as those around him and think he could have been replaced with far better players.

Take Pallister, for me 10 times the defender may ever was

controversial one - Joe Hart, totally hyped as some sort of top EPL keeper, dont rate him at all.

Same goes for Glen Johnson for me.

Saha? When fit he's a very ggod striker imho!

Bramble? Must have missed him playing for a big club?

Mikel? FFS he's only 21! Starting to look the part as a defensive midfielder!

Cannot remember his name,Lentini maybe.He signed for AC Milan for a record fee and faded into obscurity.

In all fairness he had a bif=g car crash not long after the move and took ages to come back and unfortunately was never the same player

From watching Serie A a while back I remember a player called Ibrahim Ba playing for Milan and he was utterly hopeless.

he was good on champo though

Cannot remember his name,Lentini maybe.He signed for AC Milan for a record fee and faded into obscurity.

Only faded due to a car crash induced coma a year after joining Milan! Was a cracking winger before that and chipped in with quite a high number of goals for a winger in what was probably the most defensive era ever in Italian football!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
He's a grass.

LOL, didn't expect anyone on here to say that.

"You grassed your mates, to save yourself..." etc

Guest JamboRobbo

Marius Zaliukas

Titus Bramble

Ricardus Beniusis

Eduardis Kurskis

Kestutis Ivaskivicius

Jamie Mole

Juho Makela

Misrad Beslija

Klimek

Mo Berthe

Kevin Twaddle

Gary 'gie's a goal' Birtles when at Man U following his move from Forest. He couldn't score in a brothel.

Louis Saha - again, at Man U. With his injury record I'm surprised we didn't put a bid in.:rolleyes:

John Jensen at Arsenal. One goal in 4 years ?

The guy Sellick signed from Arsenal when Liam Brady was there. A shocker.

Steven Hughes (Arsenal)

They signd him for about 4million in the late 90's.

Think after a season he was playing Championship football.

Say What Again
Carl Cort

The 2nd most expensive English player to have never been capped for England. Anyone know the most expensive?

DISCLAIMER: This question may not actually be correct any more now that transfer fees have gone through the roof.

Most expensive player never to be capped full stop. Shows how out of control the transfer spending in the EPL has been for a number of years.

Most expensive player never to be capped full stop. Shows how out of control the transfer spending in the EPL has been for a number of years.

To be fair Dean Richards looked like he could have become a quality premiership play but his career was ended early by a horrific injury.

Archived