:rofl:

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Khalid Boulahrouz ?7M done **** all!

Adrian mutu.. ?15.8 and then turned out to be a druggy

shevchenko 30mill il not even go there!

veron 28.1mill wtf??

some of the more recent disasters in the EPL.

Darren Bent

Never a 17 million player

Always thought Heskey and Marcus Bent are far too overrated

Aye, but it's not a thread asking who was most over-priced, it's asking who just wasn't any good.

Darren Bent is a good player who's scored 50 goals in the Premiership at the age of 24. That's decent.

Heskey is a cracking player as well.

Eric Djemba Demba would be my first shout - a terrible player.

Massimo Taibi

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Igor Stepanovs

Pascal Cygan

Eddie McGoldrick

Jimmy Carter

Glenn Helder

Gus Caesar

Bruno Cheyrou

Istvan Kozma

Torben Piechnik

Rafael Scheidt

Gianluigi Lentini

Nigel Clough, Darren Ferguson and Paul Dalglish.

I had the opportunity to watch Nigel Clough live at new year Norwich V Forest. he ran the show never wasted a ball Forest won 1-6, he did everything bar score himself, but laid on plenty for others. He was an excellent player. Moved on to Liverpool then Manchester City . he was also an England regular for a while.

Hardly an example of an overrated player.

I had the opportunity to watch Nigel Clough live at new year Norwich V Forest. he ran the show never wasted a ball Forest won 1-6, he did everything bar score himself, but laid on plenty for others. He was an excellent player. Moved on to Liverpool then Manchester City . he was also an England regular for a while.

Hardly an example of an overrated player.

Aarrgghh!

It was 2-6, actually. And I can confirm both Clough and Forest were scintillating: it was the night "you'll never beat Mark Bowen" was changed by Norwich fans to "you'll always beat Mark Bowen".

And anyone that thinks Clough belongs in the list being discussed should avail themselves a copy of Liverpool 3 Manchester United 3, January 1994. Clough singlehandedly dragged them back from 0-3 down and facing humiliation.

Graveson at Real Madrid

Closely followed by Jonathan Woodgate at Real. Took him about a year to make his debut for them (due to injury) then scored an OG and got sent off in his first game.

Thomas Brolin.

Which makes me surprised why we never signed him.

This is probably why:

crystalpalace_brolin_1998_h.jpg

:hae36:

Massimo Taibi

Eric Djemba-Djemba

Igor Stepanovs

Pascal Cygan

Eddie McGoldrick

Jimmy Carter

Glenn Helder

Gus Caesar

Bruno Cheyrou

Istvan Kozma

Torben Piechnik

Rafael Scheidt

Gianluigi Lentini

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Mods get him sorted:p

Liverpool have had their fair share of utter mince over the years.

Igor Biscan, Im sure he cost around ?6million!

Emile Heskey, how on earth is he in the England squad?

Peter Crouch, despite scoring some great goals he was never good enough to play for Liverpool.

Steve Harkness, some boy called Kvarme, Mark Wright, David James, Bjornabye, Leonhardsen, Rigobert Song, Titi Camera all contributed to Liverpool winning nothing for so long. Thanks Roy Evans.

Although it didnt get much better with Houllier; Bruno Cheyrou, Le Tellac, Gregory Vignal, Abel Xavier, Heggem.

Thank god for Rafa. Torres, Keane, Mascherano, Alonso etc will do for me.

Liverpool have had their fair share of utter mince over the years.

Igor Biscan, Im sure he cost around ?6million!

Emile Heskey, how on earth is he in the England squad?

Peter Crouch, despite scoring some great goals he was never good enough to play for Liverpool.

Steve Harkness, some boy called Kvarme, Mark Wright, David James, Bjornabye, Leonhardsen, Rigobert Song, Titi Camera all contributed to Liverpool winning nothing for so long. Thanks Roy Evans.

Although it didnt get much better with Houllier; Bruno Cheyrou, Le Tellac, Gregory Vignal, Abel Xavier, Heggem.

Thank god for Rafa. Torres, Keane, Mascherano, Alonso etc will do for me.

How can I forget Biscan, he was MINCE!

rudi must stay
Seth Johnson

he's probably the worst. Leeds were going into administration and he still got 40k a week from them, despite being injured

rudi_is_a_goal_machine

does anymore remember William Prunier??

He was at Man Utd, and i remember him making one appearance for the mighty JT's.

He was Terry Bull.

does anymore remember William Prunier??

He was at Man Utd, and i remember him making one appearance for the mighty JT's.

He was Terry Bull.

He was hilarious! Cantona's cousin or something, wasn't he? His one game was a 4-1 defeat at Spurs - of course, Fergie being Fergie, they still ended up winning the double that year though... :sad:

Denis Irwin at Man Utd he was awful

There are a few shouts on here I disagree with, but this one is an absolute shocker. Fantastic full back.

I do like these threads though, remember an Arsenal fan telling us a few seasons ago that Flamini was rubbish?

Kleberson at Man U. He brought his 15 year old wife over with him too....

I completely disagree with Dennis Irwin....the guy is a legend and I don't think Utd have ever really replaced him fully.

rudi must stay
There are a few shouts on here I disagree with, but this one is an absolute shocker. Fantastic full back.

I do like these threads though, remember an Arsenal fan telling us a few seasons ago that Flamini was rubbish?

far from it. He was dire, he barely ever played for them and when he did he got caught out with the pace of the game

Having a laugh?

Yes, you have a point there! So I'll raise you an Assier del Horno (who Jose preferred to Bridge!).

Alex Ferguson would tell you Denis Irwin is one of the best signings he ever made.

Over 500 appearances for United, Champions League winner and one of the best attacking full backs in the Premiership.

Champions League semi final, United are 2-0 down and win 3-2. Roy Keane got a lot of the plaudits but Irwin was sensational too. Hit the post twice.

Yes, you have a point there! So I'll raise you an Assier del Horno (who Jose preferred to Bridge!).

I quite liked him actually, thought he was a solid enough player.

I'll raise you;

Ferreira - ?13.2M

Kezman - ?5M

Jarosik - ?5M (Not a Mourinho signing)

Maniche - Free

Boulahrouz - ?8.5M

Last but not least, Magnus Hedman.

Cheers Jose.

I quite liked him actually, thought he was a solid enough player.

I'll raise you;

Ferreira - ?13.2M

Kezman - ?5M

Jarosik - ?5M (Not a Mourinho signing)

Maniche - Free

Boulahrouz - ?8.5M

Last but not least, Magnus Hedman.

Cheers Jose.

Mmm. Definite case to be made that he's a much better man manager than recruiter of players: what he achieved with you was largely with the core of Ranieri's team, of course.

Mind you, I was running through Chelsea's Hoddle and pre-Hoddle sides in my mind earlier. I couldn't come up with an absolute goat; but do feel nostalgic thinking of the likes of Jakob Kjeldbjerg, Erland "Moon Man" Johnsen, Frank Sinclair and Mark Stein! Eddie Newton, mind: I thought he was class.

Mmm. Definite case to be made that he's a much better man manager than recruiter of players: what he achieved with you was largely with the core of Ranieri's team, of course.

Mind you, I was running through Chelsea's Hoddle and pre-Hoddle sides in my mind earlier. I couldn't come up with an absolute goat; but do feel nostalgic thinking of the likes of Jakob Kjeldbjerg, Erland "Moon Man" Johnsen, Frank Sinclair and Mark Stein! Eddie Newton, mind: I thought he was class.

The Tinker Man's record was hit and miss too though;

Glen Johnson - Miss

Wayne Bridge - In the middle

Frank Lampard - Hit

Damien Duff - Hit

Joe Cole - Hit

Geremi - Miss

Juan Veron - Miss

Arjen Robben - Hit

Claude Makelele - Hit

Adrian Mutu - Started well, lost it.

Hernan Crespo - See Mutu.

Petr Cech - Hit.

Those are before my time Shaun, I only took a liking to Chelsea when Zola arrived.

The Tinker Man's record was hit and miss too though;

Glen Johnson - Miss

Wayne Bridge - In the middle

Frank Lampard - Hit

Damien Duff - Hit

Joe Cole - Hit

Geremi - Miss

Juan Veron - Miss

Arjen Robben - Hit

Claude Makelele - Hit

Adrian Mutu - Started well, lost it.

Hernan Crespo - See Mutu.

Petr Cech - Hit.

Those are before my time Shaun, I only took a liking to Chelsea when Zola arrived.

Glory hunter! ;)

john obi mikel is still young and improving, but is already fantastic at his role.

boumsong is a good example though. yet he still plays for huge clubs and gets countless caps for france. what do all these coaches see in him ?

a bombscare centre half.

makalamby with chelsea

boumsong

owen hargreaves

alan hutton (good but not premiership material)

i want to say kirk broadfoot

Useless De La Cruz

makalamby with chelsea

boumsong

owen hargreaves

alan hutton (good but not premiership material)

i want to say kirk broadfoot

Useless De La Cruz

Little known fact: at the 2002 World Cup, Giovanni Trapattoni completely rejigged his Italy side, because he was so worried about the threat posed by Useless de la Cruz! Useless is a top man when it comes to remembering his roots and giving a proportion of his wages to charity - but he was never that much cop as a player.

Barthez.

Probably the most overrated player I've ever known.

Horrific keeper, simply horrific.

Pulled off the odd 'wonder save', but had an awful habit of palming the ball out into the danger area while theatrically throwing himself on the turf for ball coming straight at him.

Nobby Stiles. ;)

I'm this close to posting a linky to Sir Norbert raising the Jules Rimet trophy at Wembley. But because I don't fancy a cyberlynching, shall abstemiously refrain. :)

Barthez.

Probably the most overrated player I've ever known.

Horrific keeper, simply horrific.

Pulled off the odd 'wonder save', but had an awful habit of palming the ball out into the danger area while theatrically throwing himself on the turf for ball coming straight at him.

He won the World Cup, though. As did Christophe Dugarry, Stephane Guiv'arch and Frank Leboeuf. So if anyone slags any of them, all they have to do is turn round and retort "I won the World Cup" - how is there any comeback to that?! It was the same with Alan Ball, really.

Archived