Csaba has a point

Jambosimmy

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1453072,00.html

Reading this the man has a point and has confirmed what we all know.

If Nade had put his chance away at easter road and Mole against aberdeen we would have been sitting nicely in third and have won 4 out 5!!

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but its a 20 goal a season striker we are crying out for!!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1453072,00.html

If Nade had put his chance away at easter road and Mole against aberdeen we would have been sitting nicely in third and have won 4 out 5!!

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but its a 20 goal a season striker we are crying out for!!

No he does not. He is havering.

Each of our victories this season has been by a single goal in games which could have gone either way. The two draws could just as easily have resulted in defeats as victories. Only in three out of our five defeats has there been anything clear-cut about the margin of victory.

People moaning about winning 1-0 to go 3 points clear in fourth need to remember where we were last year and some of the awful performances we put in.

Csaba may not have us playing great football but we are pickin up points where last season we failed, and anyone who thinks he was happy with last night performance should have been looking at him going spare in the second half every time we lost the ball.

Each of our victories this season has been by a single goal in games which could have gone either way. The two draws could just as easily have resulted in defeats as victories. Only in three out of our five defeats has there been anything clear-cut about the margin of victory.

I agree. Of course i agree. I was just pointing out the fact that with a striker we probably would have 4 more points on the board!! our last 5 games barring celtic could have went either way IMO.

People moaning about winning 1-0 to go 3 points clear in fourth need to remember where we were last year and some of the awful performances we put in.

Csaba may not have us playing great football but we are pickin up points where last season we failed, and anyone who thinks he was happy with last night performance should have been looking at him going spare in the second half every time we lost the ball.

if we win 1-0 or 6-0 it dont matter aslong as we win yes i like good football being played but 3points i 3points at the end of the day

If Mehmet had got his sitter, if Hibs had converted their chances, if Aberdeen hadnt hit the woodwork so often etc etc we would be in a lot worse position....

Ifs and buts - a certain spin doctor will be raging with this, he despises such hypotheses....

Right now I think Hearts are playing sticking plaster football. As a team we are very poor and some of the individuals are shocking.

I know football is all about results but for me as a paying customer it alsohas to be about enjoyment. I can't enjoy watching the crud currently being served up. When you see the difference in what Levein is achieving with a considerably smaller budget, smaller fan base etc etc, it makes me wish that Romanov had had the balls to appoint a proper manager. One who knows the Scottish game and had the authority to run the team and coaching set up in a professional and autonomous manner.

If Mehmet had got his sitter, if Hibs had converted their chances, if Aberdeen hadnt hit the woodwork so often etc etc we would be in a lot worse position....

Ifs and buts - a certain spin doctor will be raging with this, he despises such hypotheses....

Point taken - I was just trying to look on the positive side of things. :o

To be fair, any game that ends as a draw could have gone either way. However, most people would agree that we were much the better side against Hibs - even the Hibs fans I know said as much. Only deluded Aberdeen fans think they had the better of that draw.

Put it this way, it would have been a travesty for us had we lost both of those games, it would not have been a travesty for either Hibs or Aberdeen had they lost.

Point taken - I was just trying to look on the positive side of things. :o

Its alright mate - dont be offended.

Wasnt a dig at you, more a dig at a manager that says "if we had done this and if we had done that look at where we would have been"

Apart from when we have been gubbed this season most games could have gone EITHER way. We have not been hammering teams in terms of possession and chances. By and large we've been giving up a fair amount of possession and control of the game ourselves

To be fair, any game that ends as a draw could have gone either way. However, most people would agree that we were much the better side against Hibs - even the Hibs fans I know said as much. Only deluded Aberdeen fans think they had the better of that draw.

Put it this way, it would have been a travesty for us had we lost both of those games, it would not have been a travesty for either Hibs or Aberdeen had they lost.

I can't agree with your assessment of the draws. As well as a very strong penalty claim at 1-0 up, Hibs had several very good chances - just as many as we did. And do you remember Aberdeen hitting the same post twice within five minutes long before the Stewart penalty incident?

portobellojambo1

The basis of what he says is naturally correct, i.e. at the end of the day the object of the game is to win, and we won last night.

However football competes with many other activities as a means of entertainment for people, and in relation to the game at Love Street on Saturday and last night (using recent games only as examples) no one who attended both can honestly say that from an entertainment point of view they were "value for money". For example the second half last night was nothing short of dire. Defending is an art, and if performed well can prove to be entertaining, if at times nail biting (for example the game we won at Parkhead 2-0, with Velicka scoring both, we defended the whole game virtually, but we did it with some style, and as a result it was entertaining to watch, well for me at least), last night it was more a case of hoof it out the park, hoof it up the park, miss-pass it to an opponent and let them start again, it was, as I said above fecking dire.

And some people will take this value for money aspect into account, whether or not we are picking up the points. At the end of the day bums on seats are vital to the club's future, if people choose other activities which they then find they get more VFM and/or fun from, Hearts end up being the losers.

Its alright mate - dont be offended.

Wasnt a dig at you, more a dig at a manager that says "if we had done this and if we had done that look at where we would have been"

Apart from when we have been gubbed this season most games could have gone EITHER way. We have not been hammering teams in terms of possession and chances. By and large we've been giving up a fair amount of possession and control of the game ourselves

Yep i guess what i was getting at it that a prolific striker may and probably would have made a difference in alot of games this season.

we have made chances in all the games but always seem to fall to wrong players.

we also need to look at the back four aswell. we never look comfortable while defending

I can't agree with your assessment of the draws. As well as a very strong penalty claim at 1-0 up, Hibs had several very good chances - just as many as we did. And do you remember Aberdeen hitting the same post twice within five minutes long before the Stewart penalty incident?

Fair enough. My impression from reading reports (broadly neutral) and listening to opposing fans (clearly not neutral) is that we were the better side in both. Sadly, we didn't win those games and that is the real point.

Yep i guess what i was getting at it that a prolific striker may and probably would have made a difference in alot of games this season.

we have made chances in all the games but always seem to fall to wrong players.

we also need to look at the back four aswell. we never look comfortable while defending

I agree that isa due to one man though

Also the booing at the end we are getting worse than the flairmeisters.

At the end of the season the same booers will be delighted if we get into europe.

The basis of what he says is naturally correct, i.e. at the end of the day the object of the game is to win, and we won last night.

However football competes with many other activities as a means of entertainment for people, and in relation to the game at Love Street on Saturday and last night (using recent games only as examples) no one who attended both can honestly say that from an entertainment point of view they were "value for money". For example the second half last night was nothing short of dire. Defending is an art, and if performed well can prove to be entertaining, if at times nail biting (for example the game we won at Parkhead 2-0, with Velicka scoring both, we defended the whole game virtually, but we did it with some style, and as a result it was entertaining to watch, well for me at least), last night it was more a case of hoof it out the park, hoof it up the park, miss-pass it to an opponent and let them start again, it was, as I said above fecking dire.

And some people will take this value for money aspect into account, whether or not we are picking up the points. At the end of the day bums on seats are vital to the club's future, if people choose other activities which they then find they get more VFM and/or fun from, Hearts end up being the losers.

I made this point to folk at work today. In the second-half we played like a non-league team trying to hold on to a slim lead in a cup tie against top opposition.

It was at home.

It was Hamilton.

It was embarrassing.

To right he has a point, we won ffs :eek:

At the weekend he did it with 10 men :eek:

Are we turning into Hobos? Rather play with flair even if we lose?

Get a grip :cool:

Fair enough. My impression from reading reports (broadly neutral) and listening to opposing fans (clearly not neutral) is that we were the better side in both. Sadly, we didn't win those games and that is the real point.

I was much happier with our performances in both of the draws than I have been with the performances in most of our wins.

I guess I'm just objecting - not for the first time - to the kind of unthinking rubbish Csaba seems to spout most of the time. Using the same logic he is doing, we could just as easily be bottom of the table with no points at all from thirteen matches if all of the close games had gone the other way.

There was a Hamilton fan from my work with 4 colleagues in the away support last night. I took another couple of people into the Hearts support with the 2 for ?5 each voucher. The ones who paid ?21 to watch the game felt totally cheated. ?5 was deemed value for money. It was a shocker of a game and we have no excuses - no wind, warmer than expected, playing the bottom team in the SPL...and we were rank rotten and could barely string 2 passes together in the second half.

What a load of nonsense. Csaba out, clueless!

Yes italian team win 1-0 but most of our wins have come against st mirren, hamilton and thats practically it, beat Inter 1-0 then we're talking

I quite like this. It's good to moan about not winning games comfortably enough.

Don't think we've done that in a while. It's certainly better than moaning about why the hell Ivaskevicius is starting on the right wing.

MackaysCentreSpot

Stressing that winning is all that matters in football, the Hearts boss added: "We appreciate the supporters, we need them and I have always had a good connection with them.

"I don't have a problem with them. They maybe wanted to see us beat the team at the bottom of the table by five or six goals but that doesn't happen very often in professional football.

But we should not be struggling at home against a team like Hamilton.

"I am happy we won. And I ask, do you like to be beautiful or do you like to be successful?

I would not mind both to be honest.

"Me? I want to be successful. You get no prizes for being beautiful. That is my motto in life. If you are successful you can take everything you want. The most important thing is to win."

Yes indeed the most important thing is to win but I disagree with the statement "You get no prizes for being beautiful"

I really think that if you play beautiful football as he puts can and will bring success. I think both go hand in hand.

If he really thinks that a performance like last night would win many games against the majority of the teams in the SPL then he is indeed in the wrong job.

What a load of nonsense. Csaba out, clueless!

Yes italian team win 1-0 but most of our wins have come against st mirren, hamilton and thats practically it, beat Inter 1-0 then we're talking

Really?? do you relly want him out. Why??

Do you not want to give the man a chance? give him more time than the men who have fallen before him??

Charlie-Brown

The vast majority of games in the SPL this season excluding the Old Firm (indeed almost all of them) are being settled by a single goal margin either way - it is not only Hearts games it applies across the whole SPL from 3rd-12th - the league below the Old Firm has never been as tight - we have won games we could have lost and vice versa and also drawn games we could have won or lost and every other team can legitimately claim the same - the league table doesn't lie we were told only last week - goals are goals and points are points.

The vast majority of games in the SPL this season excluding the Old Firm (indeed almost all of them) are being settled by a single goal margin either way - it is not only Hearts games it applies across the whole SPL from 3rd-12th - the league below the Old Firm has never been as tight - we have won games we could have lost and vice versa and also drawn games we could have won or lost and every other team can legitimately claim the same - the league table doesn't lie we were told only last week - goals are goals and points are points.

Totally agree but we're still playing p e s h

jamboinglasgow

wow, I just cant believe that everyone is acting like we lost badly last night. We won, it was not pretty but all that matters is the three points. At the end of the season you dont look back saying "well we finished 9th but at least we played well." Thats hibs mentality.

I also dont think Csaba tells the press what he really thinks of his teams performance, managers only do that when they are really annoyed at their team. I am pretty sure he will go through the video with his players and point out how badly they have done at times and how they can improve. He shows his frustration on the pitch when each thing goes wrong, he is professional in interviews not to say too much against players but when behind closed doors he will tell them.

There is very little he can do with his team at the moment, there are good youngsters but Csaba has a plan on how to bring them in and I feel he wont be rushed into that by a panic. I will only be worried if we only sign one player we need in January.

Really?? do you relly want him out. Why??

Do you not want to give the man a chance? give him more time than the men who have fallen before him??

Yeah, probably. I'm just frustrated that we appear to have one tactic and one set-up no matter who we play whether we are home or away or whether we're 2-0 down or 1-0 up

Great, let's sack him.

Alienate the players, turn the club into a farce again, throw away our first chance at stability since Craig Levein was manager and wait another half a year to appoint a successor while in the meantime Korobochka or Chervenkov take over first team responsibilites and we slide down the table.

Genius.

I was much happier with our performances in both of the draws than I have been with the performances in most of our wins.

I guess I'm just objecting - not for the first time - to the kind of unthinking rubbish Csaba seems to spout most of the time. Using the same logic he is doing, we could just as easily be bottom of the table with no points at all from thirteen matches if all of the close games had gone the other way.

Perhaps all of the management committee have their own league tables, ones without the biased SFA decisions or ones where we take all our chances, or ones where we discount all the goals lost as they were mistakes ... I think that we probably win all of them every season.

Great, let's sack him.

Alienate the players, turn the club into a farce again, throw away our first chance at stability since Craig Levein was manager and wait another half a year to appoint a successor while in the meantime Korobochka or Chervenkov take over first team responsibilites and we slide down the table.

Genius.

I don't think that there is any sign of improvement from Frail's time. So why when nobody was really bothered when he was binned should we be concerned about Laszlo?

I would like to see all of the management committee go - together - and a real manager brought in. Give JJ or Levein or Hughes the funds the current committee get and I think we would do better.

jamboinglasgow
Great, let's sack him.

Genius.

we seem to be the only fans that want to sack their boss for being fourth in the league and winning.

(though Arsenal fans wanted Wenger to go last week for playing good football and being fourth.)

we seem to be the only fans that want to sack their boss for being fourth in the league and winning.

(though Arsenal fans wanted Wenger to go last week for playing good football and being fourth.)

Been here before, Ormond was sacked when we we were second in the league. It was right then and maybe right now too, especially if the committee got their jotters at once and we start again.

I don't think that there is any sign of improvement from Frail's time. So why when nobody was really bothered when he was binned should we be concerned about Laszlo?

Coco - there was a sizeable lynchmob out for Frail. It goes beyond what you state

We are no better when compared to a situation that most fans were raging about last season.

So our form is roughly the same as the form which Vlad accused of nearly getting us relegated.

Wonderful

jack D and coke

I'd rather make paper aeroplanes out of 20 one pound notes and throw then out my flat window than go and watch the pish that Hearts are serving up just now. I'd certainly get more enjoyment. 1 up front at home to Hamilton f***** accies, what a joke.

I'd rather make paper aeroplanes out of 20 one pound notes and throw then out my flat window than go and watch the pish that Hearts are serving up just now. I'd certainly get more enjoyment. 1 up front at home to Hamilton f***** accies, what a joke.

you forgot about the bit where we had 6 defenders on the pitch ;)

I would like to see all of the management committee go - together - and a real manager brought in. Give JJ or Levein or Hughes the funds the current committee get and I think we would do better.

Frails team finished 5th?

Were 4th halfway through the season and we havent even played well yet. FFS if we start playing well we will strolll 3rd.

"We appreciate the supporters, we need them and I have always had a good connection with them. I don't have a problem with them."

Interesting quote. But that was neither the tone nor content of his comments before the dictaphones were switched on. :cool:

League positions are irrelevant until the last day of the season, until then anyone can go up/down depending on thier form. who was it that said you win nothing in novemer (or something like that)?

What we need to see is a proper improvement in all areas of Hearts. imo at the moment, despite winning the last two games, we are notr seeing this, not enough has changed from last year.

Interesting quote. But that was neither the tone nor content of his comments before the dictaphones were switched on. :cool:

Come on you can't leave it there :P

MackaysCentreSpot
What was our highest & lowest league position last season compared to this year?

Last Season

Highest 7th Lowest 11th

This Season (So far)

Highest 2nd Lowest 8th

Coco - there was a sizeable lynchmob out for Frail. It goes beyond what you state

We are no better when compared to a situation that most fans were raging about last season.

So our form is roughly the same as the form which Vlad accused of nearly getting us relegated.

Wonderful

That is a state of affairs which is now in its fourth season. What was unacceptable in one season is again dished up in the next, by which time observers of and participants in our downward trajectory have concluded (there being "no alternative") that this is the natural state of things.

Alright then ask yourself these questions:

If Frail was still in charge would we have come back from an early goal against Hibs and gone on to dominate the game?

If Frail was still in charge would we have come back from an early goal against Aberdeen and gone on to dominate the game?

If Frail was still in charge would we have seen out the game against Celtic with 10 men without losing any further goals?

If Frail was still in charge would we have beaten St Midden away with 10 men?

If Frail was still in charge would we have held on to our 1-0 advantage after being pumelled by Hamilton for most of the second half?

I'm willing to bet that we would have lost all the above, or have been settling for a draw at best to both St Midden and Hamilton.

I think we have progressed, not a lot, but I do see improvement and (Celtic game apart) a will to win that was completely missing last season.

That is a state of affairs which is now in its fourth season. What was unacceptable in one season is again dished up in the next, by which time observers of and participants in our downward trajectory have concluded (there being "no alternative") that this is the natural state of things.

That's one of the main points / issues

We soon adapt to the new norm so that what was once a concern just becomes the norm

Now we have people saying, well all other non-old firm teams arent doing much if any better so whats the worry?

When the very least of being the 3rd most expensively assembled team in the league, and the aspirations which were floated at the time shares were needed, should be that we are ahead of all the others. And we havent been in any season since the first one under Romanov.

When the downward spiral first started I predicted that this would become the new norm, the new consensus

FFS we even have people accepting that just getting into the top six would be a measure of success this season. When until last season we were never in it until then

Charlie-Brown

League positions has improved even if the football & players haven't changed much, are other teams worse if we've not got noticably better?

Alright then ask yourself these questions:

If Frail was still in charge would we have come back from an early goal against Hibs and gone on to dominate the game?

If Frail was still in charge would we have come back from an early goal against Aberdeen and gone on to dominate the game?

If Frail was still in charge would we have seen out the game against Celtic with 10 men without losing any further goals?

If Frail was still in charge would we have beaten St Midden away with 10 men?

If Frail was still in charge would we have held on to our 1-0 advantage after being pumelled by Hamilton for most of the second half?

I'm willing to bet that we would have lost all the above, or have been settling for a draw at best to both St Midden and Hamilton.

I think we have progressed, not a lot, but I do see improvement and (Celtic game apart) a will to win that was completely missing last season.

Under Frail our defence improved and we didnt lose as many early goals in games, we didnt have to chase games quite as much

Under Frail we came back from 1-0 down against Killie with 10 men to draw that game

Under Frail we won a few games 1-0 and held on to those leads.

I'm not sure if we were pummelled by the bottom team in the league under his stewardship so I cant give answer by way of comparison

You should double check Frails stats on the London Hearts website to be honest

Come on you can't leave it there :P

He was rather less measured about the fans' reaction at full time. But, in fairness, he's not the first and he certainly won't be the last to have done that.

I suppose I find it interesting that he still feels it wise to play the game; that he's not given up quite yet.

He was rather less measured about the fans' reaction at full time. But, in fairness, he's not the first and he certainly won't be the last to have done that.

I suppose I find it interesting that he still feels it wise to play the game; that he's not given up quite yet.

I was surprised by his reaction at full time. Why didn't he need to come onto the field to congratulate his players and wave his fists in the air?

League positions has improved even if the football & players haven't changed much, are other teams worse if we've not got noticably better?

To be fair (which you will be no doubt) to Frail he started from second bottom in the league

We are not as bad as we were under Cervenkov.

We are no better - in performance or results - as we were under Frail. He just started from a much lower more detached position

jamboinglasgow
Under Frail our defence improved and we didnt lose as many early goals in games, we didnt have to chase games quite as much

Under Frail we came back from 1-0 down against Killie with 10 men to draw that game

Under Frail we won a few games 1-0 and held on to those leads.

I'm not sure if we were pummelled by the bottom team in the league under his stewardship so I cant give answer by way of comparison

You should double check Frails stats on the London Hearts website to be honest

what about the last game of the season when we were beaten by Gretna, thought they were the bottom team at the time.

Archived