Csaba has a point

Jambosimmy

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1453072,00.html

Reading this the man has a point and has confirmed what we all know.

If Nade had put his chance away at easter road and Mole against aberdeen we would have been sitting nicely in third and have won 4 out 5!!

I know hindsight is a wonderful thing but its a 20 goal a season striker we are crying out for!!

It's probably been mentioned, but Nade DID put his chance away at Easter Road. It was ridiculously chalked off.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was going to post something similar. This is a list of our league positions after each game this season

2nd

7th (after Rangers game)

5th

2nd

5th

2nd

3rd

5th

5th

5th

8th (after Celtic game)

4th

4th

Given this information I find it strange that many people immediately latched onto the fact that we were 8th for one game and the league never lies blah blah blah, but all of a sudden we are back to 4th and the league is lying again, despite the fact that the lowest we have gone outwith the 2 occasions after facing the OF was 5th. But hey, we were 8th for a week,and that just happens to be the only week that the league doesn't lie. Go figure.

Refute this if you like but the fact is that our average league position from the above data is 4th. So if the league doen't lie our present position in the league is pretty much spot on. Add a goal scorer to the mix and who knows, we may just creep up another place.

Some will still focus on the negatives mind.

By the way, can I just remind you all that we won the frickin game!!!!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

20 points at this stage is pretty much as good as you could hope for with the current set of players. Until we sign a couple of players who are actually capable of scoring a few goals, scrappy 1-0 wins are the only way we're going to win games. I'm just hoping that we grab a few more wins between now and January and then do something about the terrible lack of cutting edge up front in the transfer window.

I was going to post something similar. This is a list of our league positions after each game this season

2nd

7th (after Rangers game)

5th

2nd

5th

2nd

3rd

5th

5th

5th

8th (after Celtic game)

4th

4th

Given this information I find it strange that many people immediately latched onto the fact that we were 8th for one game and the league never lies blah blah blah, but all of a sudden we are back to 4th and the league is lying again, despite the fact that the lowest we have gone outwith the 2 occasions after facing the OF was 5th. But hey, we were 8th for a week,and that just happens to be the only week that the league doesn't lie. Go figure.

Refute this if you like but the fact is that our average league position from the above data is 4th. So if the league doen't lie our present position in the league is pretty much spot on. Add a goal scorer to the mix and who knows, we may just creep up another place.

Some will still focus on the negatives mind.

By the way, can I just remind you all that we won the frickin game!!!!

The position after the Celtic match was seen as significant because it was the 11th game and everyone had by then played everyone else, therefore a true comparison could be made.

The league table doesn't lie, I agree. However, at the moment it could be regarded as slightly skewed by the fact that after 13 games two of our top-six competitors (Killie and Motherwell) have each played the OF four times. We on the other hand have played the bottom two four times.

The dirty Huns aren't getting very good value for money - Hearts got 2nd place in the SPL spending a third of that amount.

So your comparing 3 games of theirs with 3 seasons at Hearts

Come on, up your game.

who cares what our other results have been. He is saying we would be higher up in the league if we had taken our chances in those games which is absolutely correct. If he had chosen games like Rangers, Celtic then i'd agree with you but he's picked two games we should have won

We'd have been lower down the league had the other teams taken their chances against us :cool:

Guest JamboRobbo
The position after the Celtic match was seen as significant because it was the 11th game and everyone had by then played everyone else, therefore a true comparison could be made.

The league table doesn't lie, I agree. However, at the moment it could be regarded as slightly skewed by the fact that after 13 games two of our top-six competitors (Killie and Motherwell) have each played the OF four times. We on the other hand have played the bottom two four times.

Exactly. After a round of games is a time to judge. It'll be the same at this round of games. Forgive me for not getting excited cause we scraped two 1-0 wins against the two bottom teams.

Exactly. After a round of games is a time to judge. It'll be the same at this round of games. Forgive me for not getting excited cause we scraped two 1-0 wins against the two bottom teams.

Agreed! It will be interesting to see where we are after Rangers (H) Motherwell (A) Celtic (A) and Dundee Utd (H)

The team that scraped against St Mirren and Hamilton will not win any of those games. Any manager in the SPL knows the puppet Csaba's one tactic and his one type of team line-up and they are probably rubbing their hands at the prospect of taking on the Hearts.

Agreed! It will be interesting to see where we are after Rangers (H) Motherwell (A) Celtic (A) and Dundee Utd (H)

The team that scraped against St Mirren and Hamilton will not win any of those games. Any manager in the SPL knows the puppet Csaba's one tactic and his one type of team line-up and they are probably rubbing their hands at the prospect of taking on the Hearts.

How can you be so negative,get with the beat man,Vlad is a genius,Larry is a world class player,Csaba is only next to Sir Alex as the next best manager,and boy oh boy just wait untill this stand is built,just you wait and see how many goals that scores,we're on top of the world.

Rangers in 3 seasons, wages paid ?74M transfer fees paid ?48M SPL titles 0 champs league group stages 1

Yeah, the UEFA cup final doesnt count as any measure of success or achievment....

You're getting more and more detached from the facts the longer you try and spin your position out...

Charlie-Brown

Huns getting to uefa after they exited CL was an achievement but not financially lucrative & what about the other 2 seasons & mounting debts?

Huns getting to uefa after they exited CL was an achievement but not financially lucrative & what about the other 2 seasons & mounting debts?

What is this supposed to prove?

That some other clubs were mismanaged for a while?

Who's talking about what clubs bring in in income?

Rangers have spent a lot of money in the last 3 seasons. They got a UEFA cup final, got into the Champs League group stages once, and qualified for a stab at it every other time.

Hearts have spent a lesser fortune, but more than any other old firm team and have achieved sod all.

You're losing your edge - either that or the script writer has been made redundant....

Charlie-Brown

Hearts spent ?10M & got a stab at CL & won a cup which is a big thing to us, the other 2 seasons were poor granted.

All it shows is that despite pumping in ?51M less than 3 years ago Murray hasn't solved any problems.

He has a first class stadium, a club with few balance sheet problems, countless titles and trophies and now has a successful managerial group focused on achievement (though of course they failed to beat Kaunas this year).

A few balance sheet problems? By his own reckoning Murray said he's down over ?100M out of his own pocket

You were talking about Rangers, not Murray.

How much is VR down out of his own pocket?

Charlie-Brown

It is unsustainable & again they are talking of scaling back & cutting costs significantly. Murray/MIM are & have massively subsidised gers. Despite a ?51M injection debts are almost 50% of that again in 2 years.

It is unsustainable & again they are talking of scaling back & cutting costs significantly. Murray/MIM are & have massively subsidised gers. Despite a ?51M injection debts are almost 50% of that again in 2 years.

So what?

Murray has repeatedly subsidised Rangers. He might do so again in the future. He has plenty money and appears to be interested enough in the team to turn up to the games.

Nelly Terraces
So what?

Murray has repeatedly subsidised Rangers. He might do so again in the future. He has plenty money and appears to be interested enough in the team to turn up to the games.

Good point. At the very least I'd say DM has the best interests of Rankers in mind, I'd say our absentee/wayward/borderline psychotic landlord hasn't for us. Don't think it a stretch the imagination to say the majority of HMFC punters would probably feel the same.

DM may have pumped more money into the hun and not solved any problems, But VR has pumped nothing into Hearts and created far more problems than he has solved.

I'd rather make paper aeroplanes out of 20 one pound notes and throw then out my flat window than go and watch the pish that Hearts are serving up just now. I'd certainly get more enjoyment. 1 up front at home to Hamilton f***** accies, what a joke.

Spot on!

All i hear is "if only"

If your auntie had balls she'd be your uncle.

Laszlo can`t seriously believe the team will progress with this 1 upfront sheet.

So what? Is that the new stock in trade reply? :) anybody criticises Hearts, so what?

What are you criticising Hearts about?

I thought you were trying to make a point about Rangers.

jamboinglasgow

Rangers were lucky a few years ago to get the ?50m deal with JJB but they need that every year just to keep afloat. The next AGM for them will be a gloomy one as they have lost out on European football which is a disaster for them. Look what happened when we came 2nd, they posted a huge loss the next time the results came out. As annoying as it sounds, it is not best to be requiring constant European football to post a profit every year, when you dont do well it is dangerous. Organic growth is needed.

Interestingly Rangers fans on the whole don't have a lot of time for David Murray, Celtic fans aren't particularly fond of Dermot Desmond's ownership and a lot of Hibs' fans complain about Petrie.

Seems to be the nature of the beast.

So what? Is that the new stock in trade reply? :) anybody criticises Hearts, so what?

No when everyone else is discussing Hearts and you start discussing:

1. something historic

2. other clubs better than us

3. other clubs just as gash as us

4. clubs that spend more than us

5. clubs that spend less than us

then the best response to the irrelevancy you come out with is

"So?"

"So what?"

"Whats that got to do with us?"

"Whats that got to do with the present?"

The reality is C-B you have run out of ways to defend or support your arguments by focussing upon the Hearts of the present.

Therefore you either only refer to history now or other clubs in support of your arguments

:)

Charlie-Brown
No when everyone else is discussing Hearts and you start discussing:

1. something historic

2. other clubs better than us

3. other clubs just as gash as us

4. clubs that spend more than us

5. clubs that spend less than us

then the best response to the irrelevancy you come out with is

"So?"

"So what?"

"Whats that got to do with us?"

"Whats that got to do with the present?"

The reality is C-B you have run out of ways to defend or support your arguments by focussing upon the Hearts of the present.

Therefore you either only refer to history now or other clubs in support of your arguments

:)

So what?

Vlad has subsidised a cup winning & champions league qualifying team & came to the stadium regularly for home matches, he might do so again in the future. He has plenty money........

What do people expect? Csaba has been there for 14 games, has basically inherited the same players, except a couple of goalies and 3 players who are / have been injured more often than not. We are doing at least as well as we were at the end of last season while trying to adapt the team to play in a new formation & style. As long as we make some progress in league position from last season, then I will reserve judgement on how Csaba has performed as manager until well into next season.

As far as all this flair nonsense is concerned, I would take scrappy 1-0 victories over the likes of Hamilton & St Mirren over 4-3 defeats any day. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly a :hobofish:

Nonsense. You could compare 11 matches this season against the 11 games last season after the Celtic game yes, but it just so happened that after that game we suddenly dropped from 5th (where we had been no lower than since immediately after the 2nd game of the season) to 8th. Still people were clambering onto Kickback to be the first to use this to show that we have not moved forward while not only ignoring the fact that it was the first time this season we had dropped to that particular position and also conveniently ignoring the fact that although we were 8th we were only one win away from 3rd. If we are talking about comparisons after the same number of games last season we were 7th and were 7 points off 3rd, now we are 4th and only 2 points off 3rd. Have we moved on from that, or are you going to come up with some statistic that shows we haven't?

You can give it the old 'but we struggled against St Midden and Hamilton, the two crappest teams in the World' argument, fill your boots, and i'll counter with 'but we played Hibs and Aberdeen off the park and ended up with draws' Fact is that we may have scraped 2 wins in a row but so what? We still won, and if we had won the other 2 games that we should have won we'd be sitting pretty in 3rd just now.

It seems to me the league table only doen't lie when it shows Hearts at their lowest position possible, at any other time no-one mentions the league table other than to try to suggest that it is somehow 'skewed' because we played the Dog and Duck 2nd 11 the same day as Killie played the mighty Celtic.

Nonsense. You could compare 11 matches this season against the 11 games last season after the Celtic game yes, but it just so happened that after that game we suddenly dropped from 5th (where we had been no lower than since immediately after the 2nd game of the season) to 8th. Still people were clambering onto Kickback to be the first to use this to show that we have not moved forward while not only ignoring the fact that it was the first time this season we had dropped to that particular position and also conveniently ignoring the fact that although we were 8th we were only one win away from 3rd. If we are talking about comparisons after the same number of games last season we were 7th and were 7 points off 3rd, now we are 4th and only 2 points off 3rd. Have we moved on from that, or are you going to come up with some statistic that shows we haven't?

You can give it the old 'but we struggled against St Midden and Hamilton, the two crappest teams in the World' argument, fill your boots, and i'll counter with 'but we played Hibs and Aberdeen off the park and ended up with draws' Fact is that we may have scraped 2 wins in a row but so what? We still won, and if we had won the other 2 games that we should have won we'd be sitting pretty in 3rd just now.

It seems to me the league table only doen't lie when it shows Hearts at their lowest position possible, at any other time no-one mentions the league table other than to try to suggest that it is somehow 'skewed' because we played the Dog and Duck 2nd 11 the same day as Killie played the mighty Celtic.

It isn't nonsense unfortunately. Based on current league positions, it's inarguable that we have had the easiest programme of 13 games so far and that Killie and Motherwell have had the hardest.

I think we agree that the league table doesn't lie, but unfortunately there are no prizes or Euro places handed out in November. If we are still fourth after 22 games, I will be delighted to come back on here and update my analysis. :)

He has plenty money........

Far from convinced he has spent much of it on HMFC but if he has he clearly loves spunking it away on useless footballers on ludicrous disspraportionate salaries 'managed' by an endless list of nonentities. I genuinely despair at your desire to defend a regime which disgusts the majority of Hearts minded people.

A few balance sheet problems? By his own reckoning Murray said he's down over ?100M out of his own pocket

Exactly,his own pocket,he has an investment in Rangers(and I would think that Rangers are worth over ?100m,we are not worth what our debt will be once UBIG want their money back),our little plum has someone elses money to slosh around,if it goes t1t5 up he won't loose out,wee fudd that he is.

Charlie-Brown

It would appear there are as few people actually willing & able to buy Rangers as there are to buy Hearts. Who has ?100M for an SPL team?

It isn't nonsense unfortunately. Based on current league positions, it's inarguable that we have had the easiest programme of 13 games so far and that Killie and Motherwell have had the hardest.

I think we agree that the league table doesn't lie, but unfortunately there are no prizes or Euro places handed out in November. If we are still fourth after 22 games, I will be delighted to come back on here and update my analysis. :)

Exactly. Much of the misplaced euphoria that followed our opening run of easy fixtures disappeared when we hit the run of difficult games against top-six aspirants. Eighth after 11 games was some kind of measure of our progress so far after one game against everybody. If we're top six after 22 games, we'll be doing well. The signs are that we don't have that much to offer against the better teams - we were nowhere against those that currently occupy the top three slots.

It would appear there are as few people actually willing & able to buy Rangers as there are to buy Hearts. Who has ?100M for an SPL team?

Christ. you really are desperate. Your new angle is that Rangers may have financial difficulties so no need to worry about HMFC. Hilarious.

By the way to compare Murray's investment and contribution to Rangers with Romanov's to Hearts is an absolute beauty.

Are you for real,if Murray did say enough is enough and called it a dayI would bet he would have a list the length of sauchiehall street ready to buy him out.

Charlie-Brown

Some people complain Hearts have had awful value for the money vlad's spent yet for several times more all gers have to show is 1 wee cup &1 scottish cup

Some people complain Hearts have had awful value for the money vlad's spent yet for several times more all gers have to show is 1 wee cup &1 scottish cup

Hahahaha, yet another quite embarassing attempt to justify the disgraceful running of HMFC. The puppet system is still strong. With that logic you could say that Hibs have achieved more than us over the last couple of years given we have been paying many more millions out in salaries than them.

Guest JamboRobbo
Since 2005-06 rangers have won 2 cups to our 1 fact or fiction?

Since last week, we've won 3 points to their 1. Clearly we're doing better than them. :P

Oh, and they've also challenged for the league twice, and got to the UEFA cup final.

Embarrassing for murray and rangers i agree :)

Embarassing for Romanov and his cohorts that such is their ineptitude, complete lack of interest in HMFC and indeed lack of bottle to attend matches their only plan is to feed bull to you and a couple of other disciples. Pathetic really that a club of our relative stature is run in such a manner and yet Hearts men like yourself are all to happy to defend or even revel in it.

Charlie-Brown

Nobody has fed me anything it's my own opinion, if vlad is to be judged by ?/achievement then by that criteria Gers have done very badly imo

Far from convinced he has spent much of it on HMFC but if he has he clearly loves spunking it away on useless footballers on ludicrous disspraportionate salaries 'managed' by an endless list of nonentities. I genuinely despair at your desire to defend a regime which disgusts the majority of Hearts minded people.

I tend not to get involved in this sort of argument as you and your friends have one entrenched view while Charlie and his have another. However, I think you are totally wrong to say this. The vast majority of "Hearts minded people", as you call them, don't really care. All they want is to support Hearts, through good times and bad, as some of us have for over 50 years. The vast majority of "Hearts minded people" do not post on Kickback. I, for one, am not "disgusted" by the regime. I despair at times and find it all very frustrating but, as I have already said, I support Hearts, and while there is still a team on the park, I'll continue to do so, no matter what "regime" is in charge.

Archived