REAL RADIO Just Now!!

The Don

Libertonian_II
My advice - don't read leftie rags!! The "fashionable" establishment hate everything to do with Britain....but they will be crushed eventually!

I don't normally read 'red tops', so all that columnist did was re-inforce my view that their 'journalists' are little more than apologists for the gruesome twosome

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No!!! You are pandering to minority groups!!! Expose them for what they are!!!

They've been exposed. Everyone knows who they are by their own actions before the match.

Weren't Celtic being repectful ...by drowning them out ?

For me, Celtic took the decision which would lead to the least disgrace to the club. They were in a no win situation purely because of the make up of their support, a situation which, in the quest for growth and greater revenue, they have positively encouraged. It will be interesting to see what steps are taken to further distance themselves from Irish politics. None I suspect.

The hypocrisy from the media compared to the Pope silence (those who booed are still a disgrace in my opinion, but that's a separate issue) reeks to high heaven.

The great thing about this thread, and the thing to remember, is that there are many different opinions, with many different reasons/beliefs driving them, but everyone has the right and the freedom to express them. In the same way Celtic and their fans have the right to protest/express their opinion.

There is no debate who is to thank for that, whether they like it, or not.

As has been said before on this thread they don't know their history. Even if they all think they are Irish they might just give a silent thought to the dead of the 16th (Irish) Divison who fought valliantly, ironically alongside the 36th (Ulster) Division, on the Messines Ridge in Flanders. The German bullets and shells did not differentiate between Catholic and Protestant when they wrought their carnage on two magnificant forces.

The Irish lost 46,000 dead out of a total manpower of 300,000 volunteers in WWI.

They should have done the right thing or nothing at all. Celtic FC are a bunch of hypocrites and I would love to think that at some point someone , somewhere will have a chance to take John Reid to task and ask him why Celtic FC are embarrassed about having a minutes silence on Armistice Day.

C'mon Salmond : speak up for Scotland.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but can anyone confirm if British Soldiers or Cadets, were outside Parkhead selling Poppies as they were at most other grounds?

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but can anyone confirm if British Soldiers or Cadets, were outside Parkhead selling Poppies as they were at most other grounds?

I can't and I doubt there was a poppy within a mile radius of 'paradise' today although word is two were attacked on Gorgie rd by the filth for doing so last Sunday.

I can't and I doubt there was a poppy within a mile radius of 'paradise' today although word is two were attacked on Gorgie rd by the filth for doing so last Sunday.

I also heard that about last week, I think it would be an interesting question to put to John Reid as Chairman, if my memory serves me, was he not once in the defence department?

I also heard that about last week, I think it would be an interesting question to put to John Reid as Chairman, if my memory serves me, was he not once in the defence department?

He was Secretary of State for Defence.

To be fair, he probably doesn't know about the soldiers being abused by ra sellik fans on Gorgie Road last week. He's probably been at the wacky backy again and is too stoned to think straight.

winston churchill
I can't wait 'til Prancer gets punted for good again, and goes around every other Hearts messageboard, greetin' about how he was hard done by and that he was going to go to Trading Standards, because he paid a subscription and then got banned.

The only person using this situation for points scoring is Prancer. End of. He's been dying to defend the slum-dwelling Mhanks from the west. Have a word with yourself FFS.

WARPOPHMFC.jpg

he might make a come back as.

Doner, Blitzen, Cupid,Dasher, Dancer, Comet and Vixen

He was Secretary of State for Defence.

To be fair, he probably doesn't know about the soldiers being abused by ra sellik fans on Gorgie Road last week. He's probably been at the wacky backy again and is too stoned to think straight.

I was not refering to soldiers being attacked last week, (which is an absolute disgrace) but to the question - were British Sericemen selling Poppies outside Parkhead or not?

i am totally disgusted that one minute of silence for the thousands and thousands of men from all over the world who lost their lives was disrespected by a round of applause at Parkhead.

i think what is most galling and has been well covered is that rather than have the worlds greatest fans make world news for booing this it would be better to cover up and have applause. yet when the shoe was on the other foot with the pope thing it was fine to put hearts in that position and we were carpeted for it.

i am totally disgusted that one minute of silence for the thousands and thousands of men from all over the world who lost their lives was disrespected by a round of applause at Parkhead.

i think what is most galling and has been well covered is that rather than have the worlds greatest fans make world news for booing this it would be better to cover up and have applause. yet when the shoe was on the other foot with the pope thing it was fine to put hearts in that position and we were carpeted for it.

We were carpeted for booing a minutes silence.

With the benefit of hindsight, the SFA may have opted for plan B (applause)

with the benefit of hindsight, the SFA may have opted for plan B (applause)

You seriously think that?

The SFA knew exactly what was happening imo.

I'm still interested in why the Motherwell/Rangers game that week observed no tribute whatsoever.

Was it the SFA? Nah that's an SPL matter. Did the SPL leave it up to the individual clubs? if so why would Motherwell fc object?

You seriously think that?

The SFA knew exactly what was happening imo.

I'm still interested in why the Motherwell/Rangers game that week observed no tribute whatsoever.

Was it the SFA? Nah that's an SPL matter. Did the SPL leave it up to the individual clubs? if so why would Motherwell fc object?

Who wants to be embarrassed at a silent tribute..the semi-final was embarassing, a tribute at Motherwell/Rangers would have been upstaged and a silence at parkheid would have been embarassing today..it's not rocket science to see the easy option was taken at darkheid.

The SFA knew beforehand on both occasions both the semi and today what would happen. That there would be a mindless few that would disrespect a Silence. No steps taken when it was the semi steps taken today to try and avoid further shame on their beloved celtic. As has been pointed out one rule for the beloved OF another for the rest of us, and they wonder why so many people think there is a bias or conspiracy towards the OF. Celtic park today was and will be the only place in the entire country to mark rememberance day with an applause. Something which is completly disrespectfull and slap in the face to all those many men and woman who have given their lives for this country, to allow them to have the freedom they have today.

TBH both occasions shouldnt even warrant a mention together as they are completely seperate. However the SFA/SPL have cowered to a small minority, there are those within celtic that will see this as a damage limitation excersise which has paid off, ultimately all they have done is show themselves up to be unable to control the mindless bigots that follow their club.

Police and stewards are there to do a job thats what they are paid for. If it was only the "Small pockets" of fans that celtic are trying with their PR to convince us that would have been involved then surely the police and stewards would be in a position to intervene, at the very least pictures/videos of those involved in any disrespecting could have been taken and the culprits brought to task at a later date. However I do not believe it would have been the "Small pockets" or "Minority" as is being reeled out of the celtic PR room but a large number, thus the reason to go ahead with this shambolic minutes applause.

Geoff Kilpatrick

One other point. They had the right to protest given to them by the sacrifice of these men but that never crossed their minds. Sad, very sad.

We were carpeted for booing a minutes silence.

With the benefit of hindsight, the SFA may have opted for plan B (applause)

at no point have i said we were carpeted for anything else

Question for you

If the clock was rewound and we could opt for a minutes applause for the pope rather than a silence would you have opted for it?

No - a minutes silence was the done thing at the time and unfortnately a minority of us couldn't shut up for the 60 seconds required.

A few observations. First up, I despise Sellic. Want to say that in case this comes across as a defence of them. It isn't.

I have a few good friends who I have grown up with that are Sellic supporters. They were all ashamed today - especially one of them who is still serving with the Royal Navy.

It would have been a minority of Sellic fans that disrupted any silence today. Trouble is, a few % of arseholes hell bent on disruption at 60,000 Sellic Park (or Ibronx for that matter) amount to considerably more people than a few % arseholes wanting to disrupt something at your smaller Tynecastles, Easter Roads, Tannadices et al.

I think the pro-RA songs are a seperate issue from what happened today. I think most of the Roseburn were partaking in that last weekend. I think alot of the muppets sing them as party songs without truly understanding what the words are saying. They (the club) should be hammered for this.

Back on topic - there should have been a minutes silence at Sellic Park today. The reaction of the minority wouldn't have been a surprise and we would all have condemned. I am surprised and saddened that John Ried, of all people, pandered to that minority and in doing so has tarnished the reputation of the club (or maybe institution is a better word) as a whole, including a majority of people who I believe would have paid a silent tribute today. Very short sighted decision.

Saying that, the SFA/SPL are equally to blame. They should never have offered the choice between a silence of an applause. Clubs should have been told silence. End of.

Bomber Harris
Yes I do, a vocal minority

Everyone always claims its a majority, however I bet loads of us know hundreds of celtic and rangers fans and very few will act like this thus proving it is a minority.

Unfortunately I think that rememberance day is abused by two sets of people, and not just celtic, the other side are just as bad in their empty over gestures just to wind up the other side.

for example, rangers parading of war veterans at Ibrox last week, imo that was simply to stoke the profitable fires of bigotry

Having read your posts on this thread, this statement has to be the biggest load of tosh so far.... The Rangers supporters trust have raised over ?25k for this years fund and the Rangers staff have raised just under ?8k (shame on them) for the fund, you clearly have an issue RE Remembrance Day and thinking Rangers are exploiting it just to put them on a platform promoting their Britishness.

Pratt!

Bomber Harris
One other point. They had the right to protest given to them by the sacrifice of these men but that never crossed their minds. Sad, very sad.

Great point, one that they will carefully turn a blind eye to.

Weren't Celtic trying to do the right thing in changing to a minutes applause ?

It may have backfired in as much as appluading those led blindly to their deaths (in WWI at least) doesn't sit quite right however...they're in a position of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Has anyone given them credit for attempting to shut their mutant minority up ?

The right thing to do was publicly announce that the minutes silence would be respectfully observed and that anyone who did not wish to take part should absent themselves from the stadium until afterwards.

The right thing to do would have been, and still is, to make an example of those who chose to disrupt that minutes applause, not by merely staying silent, but by actively disrupting it.

Young Scottish (and Irish) men died in their tens of thousands in the Great War and the Second World War to preserve the freedom and identity of this country. For a Scottish club to sanction the applauding of the horrible but certain deaths these men endured rather than hold a minutes respectful silence in their memory and honour has brought absolute and unmitigated disgrace to Scottish Football, Scotland in general and above all, the sacrifce that these young men made.

Celtic football club have given in to pressure from a fans group curiously named "The Green BRIGADE" The fact that the very name, with its clear paramilitary connotations is recognised and tolerated by Celtic Football Club is quite shameful as is the fact that they bowed to the threats of protest by this group.

Let there be no doubt that there are many many Celtic fans who would have WANTED to respectfully observe the minutes silence but who have been denied that short period of observance by the very club they support, bullied by a bigotted, anti British, quasi political supporters group which the club recognises OFFICIALLY !!!

This is also the club who allowed the making of a promotional video of a song which includes the phrase "Ooo ah Up the RA" to take place in and around their stadium.

As someone who detests bigotry and sectarianism from all sides I am seriously shocked that Celtic Football Club have sanctioned what amounts to an act of sectarianism and political extremism bordering on treachery

Listening to Real Radio, i know i know ill take the flak for it, but decided to tune in to hear whats being said about the manks digracefull decision to applaud today instead of respect a minutes silence.

Fair play to Ewan for once he is saying it as it is and that its an utter disgrace. Even cut one manky septic off the phone.

Everyone in this country that is appalled by celtic decision to applaud today should be making as much noise about this as possible in the media.

This is not for point scoring. I would feel the same no matter what club did this for those reasons. I think it is an utter disgrace.

Like we can take the moral high ground after booing the minutes silence for the Pope :)

There are morons in the supports of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic in the main who continually bring sectarianism and politics into Scottish football. I personally applaud Celtic for drowning out any boos by making it a minutes applause. At least that way those who do have a brain, and do think beyond petty squabbles, can be heard.

Like we can take the moral high ground after booing the minutes silence for the Pope :)

There are morons in the supports of Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic in the main who continually bring sectarianism and politics into Scottish football. I personally applaud Celtic for drowning out any boos by making it a minutes applause. At least that way those who do have a brain, and do think beyond petty squabbles, can be heard.

Moral high ground? as already pointed out there are seperate issues, and no-one is denying there are elements at every club.

You can justify there actions and applaud them do you? perhaps you should have been there at Parkhead applauding along with the rest and making a complete mockery of what has ALWAYS been a minutes rememberence. Perhaps you could start applauding at haymarket as well later today, that is of course if you will actually be going, and then see the reaction you will recieve.

Ridiculous post to see the least

Geoff Kilpatrick

Randalstown CSC - utter vermin from the Whitehill area of the town who probably even condemn Sinn Fein for being in government in Stormont. :mad::mad::mad:

sorry guys if I repeat what has been stated but cant be ersed reading ALL posts but on the theme.

A few points.

The guy who came on Radio Scotland (Celtic Fan) was brilliant and a shining examope of what we would all hope more of them were about and he spoke very well and I believe his whole point was about humanity and decency and not being disrespecful whatever you believe in. Well done that man.

We were listening in the car coming back from St Midden and what followed was a succesion of aplogists for Celtic that seem to think there Irishness is somehow intertwined with hatred of all things British. One guy stated that Celtic had being holding minutes applauses since Jock Stein Died and it was nothing new and actually suggested they created this variation.

At that I called radio Scotland and suprise surprise it was answered. I identified myself as a Hearts fan and wanted to know that if Celtic always hold this minutes applause why we were subjected to a minutes silence at the semi final after the popes death and then roundly condemed in world football circles for the minority that booed. My point was taken and I was told I would be called back however despite them asking for callers nobody did. Tad sensitive maybe?

For what its worth I think Celtic FC had an unfortunate dilema and decided on this as they thought it best as they knew the silence would be booed. Doesnt make it right but I still they they did it with the best intent.

Laugh of the day was they guy who suggested maybe 50 0r 60 out of the 60,000 in attendance would boo. Maybe he didnt hear 3,500 singing "ooh ah up the ra" at Tynie last week. On that point a mate of mine who is a celtic fan was behind the goals last week and I know he would not sing that. He told me when they started the IRA songs that a guy in his area stood up and pleaded with those around him to stop and think of the consequences and what it brings to his club. He was roundly told to sit down and shut up or he would get a slap so did. Sad but shows you there are some willing to stand up against it and possibly many more that are just to frightened.

Anyway I will be at Haymarket today and hope it is well attended and its profile is raised even higher.

Can I just bump up a reminder for the prog on BBC1(?) Wednesday at 10.45 about the contribution the players of HMFC made. I have got the planner set for it to watch after we hump Hamilton.

sorry guys if I repeat what has been stated but cant be ersed reading ALL posts but on the theme.

A few points.

The guy who came on Radio Scotland (Celtic Fan) was brilliant and a shining examope of what we would all hope more of them were about and he spoke very well and I believe his whole point was about humanity and decency and not being disrespecful whatever you believe in. Well done that man.

We were listening in the car coming back from St Midden and what followed was a succesion of aplogists for Celtic that seem to think there Irishness is somehow intertwined with hatred of all things British. One guy stated that Celtic had being holding minutes applauses since Jock Stein Died and it was nothing new and actually suggested they created this variation.

At that I called radio Scotland and suprise surprise it was answered. I identified myself as a Hearts fan and wanted to know that if Celtic always hold this minutes applause why we were subjected to a minutes silence at the semi final after the popes death and then roundly condemed in world football circles for the minority that booed. My point was taken and I was told I would be called back however despite them asking for callers nobody did. Tad sensitive maybe?

For what its worth I think Celtic FC had an unfortunate dilema and decided on this as they thought it best as they knew the silence would be booed. Doesnt make it right but I still they they did it with the best intent.

Laugh of the day was they guy who suggested maybe 50 0r 60 out of the 60,000 in attendance would boo. Maybe he didnt hear 3,500 singing "ooh ah up the ra" at Tynie last week. On that point a mate of mine who is a celtic fan was behind the goals last week and I know he would not sing that. He told me when they started the IRA songs that a guy in his area stood up and pleaded with those around him to stop and think of the consequences and what it brings to his club. He was roundly told to sit down and shut up or he would get a slap so did. Sad but shows you there are some willing to stand up against it and possibly many more that are just to frightened.

Anyway I will be at Haymarket today and hope it is well attended and its profile is raised even higher.

Can I just bump up a reminder for the prog on BBC1(?) Wednesday at 10.45 about the contribution the players of HMFC made. I have got the planner set for it to watch after we hump Hamilton.

While you make good points, And the fans from Celtic that where on the show. I think the fans on the board are at a 50/50 on was this right or wrong to do. Maybe i should do a pole?

I think also the big debate is because it was celtic who have done this. Cant see it being a big or as much debated topic if it was motherwell or I.C.T or even livingston who chose to applause.

Jam Tarts 1874

Fair play to Jim Traynor during his BBC Scotland radio phone-in yesterday evening for continually asking for John Reid's opinion on the minute's applause. Needless to say Traynor was unable to get Reid to call in.

Just listen to first caller tonight on radio scotland -- a fantastic call from a celtic fan -- saying it how it is -- well done that man.

They are not all the same -- and he is proving it.

Celtic fans complaining about their fellow fans .:sad:

But are they really surprised.

I'm not .

This is what Celtic football club is all about .

Only club in Britain to change it to a minutes applause .

Disgusting.

But again this is Celtic . You make Ur bed now you must lie in it .

So don't let any Celtic fan forget . Their club has been built on bigotry.

Celtic did the right thing and therefore save themselves the embarrassment that we suffered at Hampden during the minutes silence for the Pope. we were villified and rightly so for a minority which is how it would have been at Celtic Park yesterday.

The applause thing has been universally accepted as substitute for the silence. I hate the Republican movement and all there hypocrytical stances and the killing of our young soldiers in a cowardly way but some of the posts on here today show the same bigotted attitude as them

Stupid Sexy Flanders
No a silence is clearly more appropiate

However, are you saying you would prefer they just had a silence which was met with booing?

Surely that would be worse?

You're missing the point. It's the fact they had the decision to make in the first place that is the disgrace.

It should have been a silence. end of

Typical Celtic sweeping it under the carpet.

The whole Celtic institute is riddled with ****.

While you make good points, And the fans from Celtic that where on the show. I think the fans on the board are at a 50/50 on was this right or wrong to do. Maybe i should do a pole?

I think also the big debate is because it was celtic who have done this. Cant see it being a big or as much debated topic if it was motherwell or I.C.T or even livingston who chose to applause.

It would have been a big debate as you put it if other grounds did it.

All my life EVERY time I have rememberd the fallen it has always been with a SILENCE whether it was at nursery,school,work or even in the street.

What Celtic did was shameful

Allowing any club to substitute silence for applause is aknowledging that they could not respect the silence.

It lets them off the hook.

Everyone always claims its a majority, however I bet loads of us know hundreds of celtic and rangers fans and very few will act like this thus proving it is a minority.

Unfortunately I think that rememberance day is abused by two sets of people, and not just celtic, the other side are just as bad in their empty over gestures just to wind up the other side.

for example, rangers parading of war veterans at Ibrox last week, imo that was simply to stoke the profitable fires of bigotry

Prancer, this is complete nonsense.

I seem to remember that Hearts gave free tickets to the Royal Scots after a tour of Iraq not so long ago,.. Against either fernecvaros or shalke at murrayfield. Was that to stoke fires of bigotry or to score points on our european neighbours who aren't contributing as much/anything at all to the Global war on terror?

I don't think either of these gesture were to wind up the other side, I'm sure football clubs have better things to think about than how to wind up opposition fans/minorities by giving free tickets to soldiers after an arduous tour of duty in one of the most dangerous places on earth.

portobellojambo1

You come out with some complete and utter feckin bull s h i t on here, but nothing before has matched this.

Why didnt we have a minutes applause for the Pope at semi in 2005? Why did Rangers get away with not having a silence for the same event? Why was nothing made of minutes silence for Queen Mum being called off after 20 secs?

GFA keeping their house in order.

****ing detest the lot of them and I hope they are the next target for the Taliban.

Why didnt we have a minutes applause for the Pope at semi in 2005? Why did Rangers get away with not having a silence for the same event? Why was nothing made of minutes silence for Queen Mum being called off after 20 secs?

GFA keeping their house in order.

****ing detest the lot of them and I hope they are the next target for the Taliban.

If some muslim extremists targeted the Glasgow Underground as they did the London Underground.

Would Celtic football club have a minute's applause? It is the Celtic way after all. :rolleyes:

Archived