REAL RADIO Just Now!!

The Don

Listening to Real Radio, i know i know ill take the flak for it, but decided to tune in to hear whats being said about the manks digracefull decision to applaud today instead of respect a minutes silence.

Fair play to Ewan for once he is saying it as it is and that its an utter disgrace. Even cut one manky septic off the phone.

Everyone in this country that is appalled by celtic decision to applaud today should be making as much noise about this as possible in the media.

This is not for point scoring. I would feel the same no matter what club did this for those reasons. I think it is an utter disgrace.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patrick Bateman

Why any self respecting football fan would listen to this for anything other than masochistic reasons is beyond me. Radio for the West coast subhumans.

Listening to Real Radio, i know i know ill take the flak for it, but decided to tune in to hear whats being said about the manks digracefull decision to applaud today instead of respect a minutes silence.

Fair play to Ewan for once he is saying it as it is and that its an utter disgrace. Even cut one manky septic off the phone.

Everyone in this country that is appalled by celtic decision to applaud today should be making as much noise about this as possible in the media.

This is not for point scoring. I would feel the same no matter what club did this for those reasons. I think it is an utter disgrace.

Fantastic decision to applaud instead of a minutes silent.

I dont want "celtic's shame" creating a sideshow wit***** and giving a few mindless individuals in their support the publicity they crave. We can all get on with respecting the people who fought and died for us, after all that is what it is about, not about silences or football team's or minority groups extremist opinions.

Me thinks some people are just a tad upset they never got to share their outrage at the minority of celtic fans booing

Just listen to first caller tonight on radio scotland -- a fantastic call from a celtic fan -- saying it how it is -- well done that man.

They are not all the same -- and he is proving it.

Me thinks some people are just a tad upset they never got to share their outrage at the minority of celtic fans booing

Some of us are angry at the whole scenario. and were angry before today regarding it as well. What happened today has only added fuel to that anger.

I like many others have lost relatives in both world wars and the Falklands.

Celtic fan on Jim Traynor now saying how ashamed he is and speaking a lot of sense and I'm sure thee are many other Celtic fans who feel the same. He rightfully said they are Glasgow Celtic and should remember their scottish roots.

The only groumd in Britain today that had to change from a minutes silence.Says it all really.

One of my workmates is a Celtic fan and his son is currently in the Gulf but the sad thing is he will defend these ****s.

It was the same on BBC earlier today, all of them highlighting the fact that the majority of fans behaved themselves.

Why are they not asking the question why the Match at Parkhead today is the only game in Britain that is having an applause instead of a silence?

Hmm, I wonder.

Why was there a minutes silence for the Popes sad passing a few years back and why was there nothing at the Rangers fixture that week?

Until the filth that run our game start highlighting these issues the rest of us are merely ****ing into the wind.

Just listen to first caller tonight on radio scotland -- a fantastic call from a celtic fan -- saying it how it is -- well done that man.

He is the odd one out.

Celtic Football Club made the decision to do what they did.

...Why was there a minutes silence for the Popes sad passing a few years back and why was there nothing at the Rangers fixture that week?

I'm sure the bog-trotters will be asking for a minutes applause, and not silence, when the current Hitler Youth Pontiff meets his maker.

Do you not think its better to applause the minute if you know that say 200+ people are possibly going to boo the minutes silence and rather than puting the clubs name in such a bad way that would be hated up and down the country, Its better to applause and drown these arseholes out?

I prefer the minutes silence to celebrate what these people did for our country but if was a minority off hearts fans that where going to boo for whatever reason i would rather applause to drown out the noise.

Do you not think its better to applause the minute if you know that say 200+ people are possibly going to boo the minutes silence and rather than puting the clubs name in such a bad way that would be hated up and down the country, Its better to applause and drown these arseholes out?

I prefer the minutes silence to celebrate what these people did for our country but if was a minority off hearts fans that where going to boo for whatever reason i would rather applause to drown out the noise.

I made the same point earlier today. I think it was the right decision.

To be fair there may be some that feel ashamed only because of how badly this is now showing them up NATIONALLY supposed to be the greatest fans in the world? only in their own heads.

The club have to take responsibility here for cowering to the bigots who threatened this today and the SFA/SPL must also take responsibility for giving them the choice. As i said in another thread earlier If this country has to stoop so low as disrespect a mins silence by applauding (The only place and ground in the country that has happened and will happen) then its a very sad state of affairs.

It was the same on BBC earlier today, all of them highlighting the fact that the majority of fans behaved themselves.

Why are they not asking the question why the Match at Parkhead today is the only game in Britain that is having an applause instead of a silence?

Hmm, I wonder.

Why was there a minutes silence for the Popes sad passing a few years back and why was there nothing at the Rangers fixture that week?

Until the filth that run our game start highlighting these issues the rest of us are merely ****ing into the wind.

Who cares. Remembrance day hasn't been rebranded 'show celtic up for what they are' day. Im sure you could use the other 364 days in the year to do that.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hmm, I wonder.

Is that right, aye?

Shocking.

Can't think of anything more inappropriate in the circumstances. Apart from booing of course. :mad:

MacDonald Jardine
To be fair there may be some that feel ashamed only because of how badly this is now showing them up NATIONALLY supposed to be the greatest fans in the world? only in their own heads.

The club have to take responsibility here for cowering to the bigots who threatened this today and the SFA/SPL must also take responsibility for giving them the choice. As i said in another thread earlier If this country has to stoop so low as disrespect a mins silence by applauding (The only place and ground in the country that has happened and will happen) then its a very sad state of affairs.

It's better than a silence being disrespected.

but if was a minority off hearts fans that where going to boo for whatever reason i would rather applause to drown out the noise.

Who made the decision that it would be a minutes silence and not applause at the Hearts/Celtic game after the Pope had passed away?

I think we all knew what would happen, It did and we got hammered from all angles for it.

Who made the decision that nothing should take place at the Rangers game that same week?

I made the same point earlier today. I think it was the right decision.

It probably was the right decision but it is the fact they even had to do it that is just so wrong.Most of these morons will be Scottish that have most probably had a relative or grand parent that fought in a war.

Who cares. Remembrance day hasn't been rebranded 'show celtic up for what they are' day. Im sure you could use the other 364 days in the year to do that.

Exactly , well put.

the boy on real radio is an a*** if it was shoe was on the other foot then we would all be in the wrong for clapping the main issues is why did the spl not put there foot down and then the police could have picked out the fans who booed and kickedthem out this will rumble on for weeks and celtic are finally not getting away with thinking there diffrent from the rest anyway am off to get drunk and prob have a fight about this in th pub

MacDonald Jardine
Who made the decision that it would be a minutes silence and not applause at the Hearts/Celtic game after the Pope had passed away?

I think we all knew what would happen, It did and we got hammered from all angles for it.

Who made the decision that nothing should take place at the Rangers game that same week?

IIRC the SPL left it up to the individual clubs.

The SFA, after pressure from certain quarters, decided there should be silences at the semi finals.

I can see, and agree with, the argument to celebrate someone's passing by appluading their life and achievements.

But to have a minutes applause instead of silence during a time of reflection for those that gave their life in defence of our freedoms and liberties (about 1,000,000 in the Great War alone) is reprehensible.

This is not the time to celebrate their life's but to reflect on their sacrifices.

Celtic should not have bowed to any faction within their support hellbent on disrupting the minutes silence, minority or not.

I was pleasantly surprised when he started speaking, I half expected the same sort of stuff that we've heard a zillion times before but the man sounded genuinely ashamed of the whole affair....

Nobody's doubting anyone else's right to protest against things they don't agree with (even if their logic is a tad warped) but the way in which they responded to the situation is what shows them up. If small pockets of fans had enough time to organise any sort of protest, the club themselves also had enough time to communicate with them and tell them what was considered to be expected behaviour.

Fact is that they would have made themselves look like cretinous idiots, so they took what may well have been the best approach in terms of damage limitation. So they just look like sneaky, stupid, disrespectful idiots instead.

A huge amount of the septic support are **** and this just shows them up for what they are.

The supporters of other clubs should demand that they are removed from scottish football and let them play in the country that they appear to have a love affair with.

They have given themselves the tag as best fans which everyone in scottish football knows is a lot of rubbish.

I can see, and agree with, the argument to celebrate someone's passing by appluading their life and achievements.

But to have a minutes applause instead of silence during a time of reflection for those that gave their life in defence of our freedoms and liberties (about 1,000,000 in the Great War alone) is reprehensible.

This is not the time to celebrate their life's but to reflect on their sacrifices.

Celtic should not have bowed to any faction within their support hellbent on disrupting the minutes silence, minority or not.

Well said. I agree with every word.

IIRC the SPL left it up to the individual clubs.

The SFA, after pressure from certain quarters, decided there should be silences at the semi finals.

So Motherwell decided that they didn't want any applause or silence? IIRC they were at home to Rangers the week after the Pope died.

I completely agree.

It is utterly inexcusable and society figures /journos should be asking awkward questions of Celtic FC.

A pontiff dies , who has no connection with Celtic , Scotland, Scottish football or even football in general but someone in authority deems him worthy of a minutes silence. But a silence is not worthy of the dead and wounded who have defended this country ? Absolutely shameful and indefensible.

Read through the posts and its quite clear that some people dont give a stuff about the whole silence and just the fact that celtic didnt have it too boo thus giving them their airtime.

What do people want? Celtic to hold a silence knowing the minority will boo and ruin it?

Is there any difference between the minority at celtic, and the minority at other clubs including our own who will be loving tomorrow/the silences for all the wrong bigoted reasoning?

Read through the posts and its quite clear that some people dont give a stuff about the whole silence and just the fact that celtic didnt have it too boo thus giving them their airtime.

What do people want? Celtic to hold a silence knowing the minority will boo and ruin it?

Is there any difference between the minority at celtic, and the minority at other clubs including our own who will be loving tomorrow/the silences for all the wrong bigoted reasoning?

Prancer

Let me ask you a simple question : what is the traditional way of paying ones respects to mark the passing of a deceased figure ?

Does that answer it for you ?

Having a round of applause for a dead 'sporting figure' might well be OK in a modern context but to deem it appropriate to mark the dead of two world wars and various other global conflicts is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their heads examined.

I completely agree.

It is utterly inexcusable and society figures /journos should be asking awkward questions of Celtic FC.

A pontiff dies , who has no connection with Celtic , Scotland, Scottish football or even football in general but someone in authority deems him worthy of a minutes silence. But a silence is not worthy of the dead and wounded who have defended this country ? Absolutely shameful and indefensible.

Correct.

Complete and utter drivel and complete nonsense. The fact is Celtic are the only institution in this entire country that have decided to hold a mins applause for what should be a mins silence for rememberence. If any other institution, club, business etc chose to do this they would be slammed for it as well.

Can't believe some are trying to turn this into an argument about point scoring or an anti celtic thing.

Do you believe it is a minority at Celtic (and rangers) who would get involved in such things.?

Biggest problem we have in Scotland just now regarding sectarianism/bigots etc is that the authorities go on about the minority at Rangers/Celtic who take part in such things. The quicker they realise that it is the minority(very very small) of Hearts/Hibs/M'well/StMirren/Killie fans etc who indulge in such things but it is a majority when it comes to Celtic/Rangers fans the better.

Prancer

Let me ask you a simple question : what is the traditional way of paying ones respects to mark the passing of a deceased figure ?

Does that answer it for you ?

Having a round of applause for a dead 'sporting figure' might well be OK in a modern context but to deem it appropriate to mark the dead of two world wars and various other global conflicts is ridiculous. Anyone who thinks otherwise needs their heads examined.

No a silence is clearly more appropiate

However, are you saying you would prefer they just had a silence which was met with booing?

Surely that would be worse?

Do you have to try and turn every thread subject into a general attack on other members of the board? If you don't agree with something, pick a point and go for it...otherwise you just look like you're being a gratuitously argumentative sod.

In response to your point, I can only suggest that the difference between the two situations is that tomorrow, we're very unlikely to witness any disrespectful behaviour - and for me, it's the act of respect that underpins remembrance. I can't see into peoples' heads so I know I'll be blissfully unaware of any of that stuff going on.

Complete and utter drivel and complete nonsense. The fact is Celtic are the only institution in this entire country that have decided to hold a mins applause for what should be a mins silence for rememberence. If any other institution, club, business etc chose to do this they would be slammed for it as well.

Can't believe some are trying to turn this into an argument about point scoring or an anti celtic thing.

So you would prefer a silence which was booed?

And your last point, sadly I think thats exactly why some people are outraged, not because it happened, but because they will now not be able to go with the celtic booed the silence stance

However, are you saying you would prefer they just had a silence which was met with booing?

So, in your opinion, pandering to a minority is better?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

'Right, what can I say to wind up the majority of Kickback?

Doesn't matter if I agree with it or not ... I just need to cause a stir and be noticed.

MOD EDIT will go on Kickback and say something iffy about the Remembrance Day'

Guest Dipped Flake

I usually laugh at some of the crap you come out with but this time you are totally out of order and I refuse to believe you are anything but a wind-up merchant of the highest order

Do you believe it is a minority at Celtic (and rangers) who would get involved in such things.?

Biggest problem we have in Scotland just now regarding sectarianism/bigots etc is that the authorities go on about the minority at Rangers/Celtic who take part in such things. The quicker they realise that it is the minority(very very small) of Hearts/Hibs/M'well/StMirren/Killie fans etc who indulge in such things but it is a majority when it comes to Celtic/Rangers fans the better.

Yes I do, a vocal minority

Everyone always claims its a majority, however I bet loads of us know hundreds of celtic and rangers fans and very few will act like this thus proving it is a minority.

Unfortunately I think that rememberance day is abused by two sets of people, and not just celtic, the other side are just as bad in their empty over gestures just to wind up the other side.

for example, rangers parading of war veterans at Ibrox last week, imo that was simply to stoke the profitable fires of bigotry

And your last point, sadly I think thats exactly why some people are outraged, not because it happened, but because they will now not be able to go with the celtic booed the silence stance

By all accounts, the minutes applause was also boo'd by some anyway.

If any wanted to attack Celtic supporters for disrespecting those that have given their lives, what difference does it make that they disrespected a silence or an applause?

Nucky Thompson

You've been bending over backwards sticking up for the manky tossers for the last week:rolleyes: Or is it just to go against the majority to get a reaction?

So, in your opinion, pandering to a minority is better?

I think a minutes applause today was better than allowing the minority of celtic fans to destroy the silence yes.

Sad situation maybe but I strongly believe that a few on this forum are just upset that celtic didnt get a silence to boo as opposed to their not being a silence.

They should have done the right thing or nothing at all. Celtic FC are a bunch of hypocrites and I would love to think that at some point someone , somewhere will have a chance to take John Reid to task and ask him why Celtic FC are embarrassed about having a minutes silence on Armistice Day.

C'mon Salmond : speak up for Scotland.

I think a minutes applause today was better than allowing the minority of celtic fans to destroy the silence yes.

Sad situation maybe but I strongly believe that a few on this forum are just upset that celtic didnt get a silence to boo as opposed to their not being a silence.

So you think that pandering to a minority is the best course of action?

Archived