REAL RADIO Just Now!!

The Don

You've been bending over backwards sticking up for the manky tossers for the last week:rolleyes: Or is it just to go against the majority to get a reaction?

well said...how this guy is still on here and has so many posts is unreal:mad:

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They should have done the right thing or nothing at all. Celtic FC are a bunch of hypocrites and I would love to think that at some point someone , somewhere will have a chance to take John Reid to task and ask him why Celtic FC are embarrassed about having a minutes silence on Armistice Day.

C'mon Salmond : speak up for Scotland.

You clearly just want to embarass celtic as to actually being bothered about the events from my reading of that post.

Imo that is just about as bad as what a minority of celtic fans would have done/did do.

Abusing rememberance day to win brownie points over celtic is quite sad really and just shows that you are every bit as disrespectful as their fans

In my opinion, applause is absolutely inappropriate and a minutes silence should be made the norm.

I don't think these people know their history and the numerous people from Great Britain and Ireland that took part and were killed in the 1914-18 war.

Any chance that we could nuke the Thellick supporters? I think they stand against everything British and as such... (of course, I am reluctant in mentioning the word 'treason' which would bring the death penalty).

I think they will be treated as heroes which they will be regardless of the overwhelming amount of evidence otherwise.

Do not attempt to dress this up as a triumph from Cellick fans.

So you would prefer a silence which was booed?

And your last point, sadly I think thats exactly why some people are outraged, not because it happened, but because they will now not be able to go with the celtic booed the silence stance

This is the last time i will respond to you because quite clearly you havent the intellect to discuss matters and see points without trying to develop threads into an argument. Im judging that not solely on this thread i have read a lot of threads where inevetibly you seem to turn it into an argument and a chance to have a go at fellow Jambos.

Bo i would not like a silence to be booed, however to change what has been in plave for decades to accomodate ONE club because of its sectarian/bigotted views is disgracefull. The very fact the SFA/SPL allowed celtic this oppertunity to applaud is disgracefull. The fact Celtic went ahead with an applause is disrespectfull.

Do you know why it is called rememberence day? Remembering the millions who have died fighting for this country to allow us and give us the freedom we have today, if it wasn't for those millions there is every chance we would not be on here now discussing this. It is not an applause in CELEBRATION of life but a silence to reflect on the millions that died to give you and everyone other person their freedom.

I think a minutes applause today was better than allowing the minority of celtic fans to destroy the silence yes.

Sad situation maybe but I strongly believe that a few on this forum are just upset that celtic didnt get a silence to boo as opposed to their not being a silence.

Rubbish. If people were determined to get up in arms about Celtic's behaviour this weekend, the fact that they applauded is every bit as good a reason as booing would have been.

If you can't understand why people would be irritated by their actions (either actual or anticipated), I don't know what anyone can possibly say to you.

You clearly just want to embarass celtic as to actually being bothered about the events from my reading of that post.

Imo that is just about as bad as what a minority of celtic fans would have done/did do.

Abusing rememberance day to win brownie points over celtic is quite sad really and just shows that you are every bit as disrespectful as their fans

I couldn't care less about your opinions. They're not worth consideration.

As for you're postings : have you ever heard of grammar or syntax (daft question , really, I know).

In the words of Peter Jones : 'I'm out'.

You must be getting a hard on at all the responses you've stirred up.

...You must be getting a hard on at all the responses you've stirred up.

To troll is one thing. For him to use Remembrance silences / non-silences as a means to wind up other members of the board is shocking.

Yes I do, a vocal minority

Everyone always claims its a majority, however I bet loads of us know hundreds of celtic and rangers fans and very few will act like this thus proving it is a minority.

Unfortunately I think that rememberance day is abused by two sets of people, and not just celtic, the other side are just as bad in their empty over gestures just to wind up the other side.

for example, rangers parading of war veterans at Ibrox last week, imo that was simply to stoke the profitable fires of bigotry

i offered you in a simular thread about celtic and their as you call it minority fans to visit winchburgh deep in the middle of west scotl (sorry 5 miles west of edinburgh) and witness 'the best fans in the world' come off their supporters bus, but as usual you have ingnored it.

i have already heard it on the news tonight on BBC scotland that a minutes applause was done all over the country, no it was not, it was a minutes silence all over the country bar one ground.

the minutes silence is for reflection on those who have made the supreme sacrifice for us to live our lifes in relative peace and freedom. those that lost their lives come from all walks of life, all religious backgrounds, all colours, but you would rather bow down to a few mindless bigots

To troll is one thing. For him to use Remembrance silences / non-silences as a means to wind up members of this board is shocking.

You know that thread about JKB dieing on its arse ?

It was doing great until he was allowed back on :Agree:

I couldn't care less about your opinions. They're not worth consideration.

As for you're postings : have you ever heard of grammar or syntax (daft question , really, I know).

In the words of Peter Jones : 'I'm out'.

You must be getting a hard on at all the responses you've stirred up.

I take I must have hit a nerve since you decided to cry about the spelling/grammar etc etc.

As for not caring about my opinions, you clearly cared enough to post.

At the end of the day it is disgusting that a minority of celtic fans aimed to destroy a silence today.

Its a sad indictment for the club that they had to have an applause in order to minimise the embarassment and disruption it would have caused.

However it is also every bit as pathetic that people out there are using rememberance day/silences to score petty points over celtic and as far as I am concerned a lot of the outrage being expressed isnt because of an applause but because firstly it involved celtic and a few folk are out to embarass celtic at the moment and secondly following on from the above that because celtic had an applause there is now no media outlet to condemn them as a group for booing rememberance day.

I don't particularly care if you agree with me or not, as it is my opinion and an opinion is just that.]

Should celtic be embarrased - Yes, should they and the fans involved be ashamed - Yes

Is it appropiate that this embarrasment and shame should be used to score points when it revolves around a national day of rememberance? No

I take I must have hit a nerve since you decided to cry about the spelling/grammar etc etc.

As for not caring about my opinions, you clearly cared enough to post.

At the end of the day it is disgusting that a minority of celtic fans aimed to destroy a silence today.

Its a sad indictment for the club that they had to have an applause in order to minimise the embarassment and disruption it would have caused.

However it is also every bit as pathetic that people out there are using rememberance day/silences to score petty points over celtic and as far as I am concerned a lot of the outrage being expressed isnt because of an applause but because firstly it involved celtic and a few folk are out to embarass celtic at the moment and secondly following on from the above that because celtic had an applause there is now no media outlet to condemn them as a group for booing rememberance day.

I don't particularly care if you agree with me or not, as it is my opinion and an opinion is just that.]

Should celtic be embarrased - Yes, should they and the fans involved be ashamed - Yes

Is it appropiate that this embarrasment and shame should be used to score points when it revolves around a national day of rememberance? No

You're last para is complete nonsense.

Goodnight.

Romanov Stole My Pension

There is no way Celtic would have had a successful minute silence, so it was probably the right decision for Celtic as a football club to have a minutes applause. It's definately better to show respect in a non-traditional way than to not respect it all by interupting the silence (although I do think it's terrible that they cannot respect a minutes silence for the men that fought for the country that they live in). The main problem that I have is that there had to be a minutes silence for Pope John Paul II (I completely disagree with any non-footballing minutes silence that affects a minority of football supporters - especially if it's to do with religion which apparently they want to kick out of football!) when the SFA knew that there was no way certain Hearts supporters would respect it. Seems again that it's one rule for them, one rule for us.

WE ARE THE HEARTS

There is no way Celtic would have had a successful minute silence, so it was probably the right decision for Celtic as a football club to have a minutes applause (although I do think it's terrible that they cannot respect a minutes silence for the men that fought for the country that they live in). The main problem that I have is that there had to be a minutes silence for Pope John Paul II (I completely disagree with any non-footballing minutes silence that affects a minority of football supporters - especially if it's to do with religion which apparently they want to kick out of football!) when the SFA knew that there was no way certain Hearts supporters would respect it. Seems again that it's one rule for them, one rule for us.

WE ARE THE HEARTS

Question for you

If the clock was rewound and we could opt for a minutes applause for the pope rather than a silence would you have opted for it?

Remembrance = silence

Anyone that has a problem with keeping quiet.... can get *****ed.

Guest juvehearts

A minutes scilence should have been done at parkhead.

IF their mhanky fhans did boo then it would have brought the disgrace that they all are, made the national news & hey presto done.

found out for what they are (mod edit)

There is no way Celtic would have had a successful minute silence, so it was probably the right decision for Celtic as a football club to have a minutes applause (although I do think it's terrible that they cannot respect a minutes silence for the men that fought for the country that they live in). The main problem that I have is that there had to be a minutes silence for Pope John Paul II (I completely disagree with any non-footballing minutes silence that affects a minority of football supporters - especially if it's to do with religion which apparently they want to kick out of football!) when the SFA knew that there was no way certain Hearts supporters would respect it. Seems again that it's one rule for them, one rule for us.

WE ARE THE HEARTS

That's complete bollo x mate. It's just people point scoring off Celtic during Armistice Day. Just ask Prancer.:rolleyes:

There is no way Celtic would have had a successful minute silence, so it was probably the right decision for Celtic as a football club to have a minutes applause....

So you think that pandering to a minority is the best course of action?

This is really simple.

If a club cannot trust it's fans to keep a minutes silence, the minutes applause may as well be a minute's booing.

The minute's applause is a "polite protest".

Terrible behaviour from the terrorists.

There is no way Celtic would have had a successful minute silence, so it was probably the right decision for Celtic as a football club to have a minutes applause. It's definately better to show respect in a non-traditional way than to not respect it all by interupting the silence (although I do think it's terrible that they cannot respect a minutes silence for the men that fought for the country that they live in). The main problem that I have is that there had to be a minutes silence for Pope John Paul II (I completely disagree with any non-footballing minutes silence that affects a minority of football supporters - especially if it's to do with religion which apparently they want to kick out of football!) when the SFA knew that there was no way certain Hearts supporters would respect it. Seems again that it's one rule for them, one rule for us.

WE ARE THE HEARTS

Correct.

This will be controversial, but i find it crude that people have changed their avatars to poppy's and kickback has changed the Hearts badge to a poppy.

Just my opinion, sorry if it offends, I am not alone when i say most of us have all been personally effected by the various War's where British soldiers have died... i just feel it is a bit 'in your face' and Remembrance is a more introverted personal time to reflect.

Anyway. Sorry again as i know this is going to wind people up but its my honest opinion.

Romanov Stole My Pension
So you think that pandering to a minority is the best course of action?

In this case I do yep. To hear them singing during a minutes silence would be like spitting on the poor soldiers' graves. A minute of applause doesn't give the sccum the opportunity to declare their wee protest and insult those that fought for us.

Prancer has a point in that some of us are simply looking to have Celtic 'exposed' ................AND WHY NOT

It was in the national press that a minority were going to make a 'stand'.............and taking such action in the UK might actually border on the treasonous in some eyes, never mind just distasteful !!

Don't feckin bother me with these 'kickout racism' displays if we are going to shift the bloody goalposts to allow them to conceal such shameful behaviour.

It's just a b***** shame that the EPL will now have even less desire to take these sh*tehouses off our hands

In this case I do yep. To hear them singing during a minutes silence would be like spitting on the poor soldiers' graves. A minute of applause doesn't give the sccum the opportunity to declare their wee protest and insult those that fought for us.

Exactly,

Having the applause took the minoritys opportunity to get their minute of fame for their "cause" away from them.

Whilst its not entirely appropiate having a silence, its clearly better than the alternative was.

Unfortunately, I expect tomorrows media stories to be about thellick going x amount of pts ahead, whilst Heart of Midlothian are thugs etc. But being extremely lucky and in charge of black magic to conjure a victory.

More believable than the 'Celts fans remembrance disgrace' or similar.

husref musemic
I can see, and agree with, the argument to celebrate someone's passing by appluading their life and achievements.

But to have a minutes applause instead of silence during a time of reflection for those that gave their life in defence of our freedoms and liberties (about 1,000,000 in the Great War alone) is reprehensible.

This is not the time to celebrate their life's but to reflect on their sacrifices.

Celtic should not have bowed to any faction within their support hellbent on disrupting the minutes silence, minority or not.

Well said sir. 100% correct, i'm sick of the constant bending of the rules and norms for the supposed 'minority'.

Romanov Stole My Pension
Question for you

If the clock was rewound and we could opt for a minutes applause for the pope rather than a silence would you have opted for it?

Yes definately. I don't know how I came across in my previous post. Ideally I don't think there should have been anything for Pope John Paul II, especially in a country which is predominantly not Catholic and has so many sectarian problems, but a minutes applause would have been far more appropriate for that game than silence. I personally think that he was a very good man (again whole different thread) and didn't deserve to be treated that way by Hearts supporters, so surely a minutes applause would have allowed those who want to show respect to show respect, and those who don't to be ignored.

Romanov Stole My Pension

I'd also like to comment that if Hearts had asked for the Pope's minute silence to be altered, Hearts as a club would have been hung, drawn and quartered for it, but Celtic have gotten away with it. Celtic knew they would get away with it, and made the right decision as a football club, although their supporters are completely disrespectful *******s.

Correct.

This will be controversial, but i find it crude that people have changed their avatars to poppy's and kickback has changed the Hearts badge to a poppy.

Just my opinion, sorry if it offends, I am not alone when i say most of us have all been personally effected by the various War's where British soldiers have died... i just feel it is a bit 'in your face' and Remembrance is a more introverted personal time to reflect.

Anyway. Sorry again as i know this is going to wind people up but its my honest opinion.

Cannot agree with you here. Remembrance Day is an event of national importance, and never has been a purely private affair. To criticise people for changing avatars to display poppies is akin to criticising people for wearing poppies. The day we stop remembering the many lives that were, and still are lost in conflict, whatever your view on war, is the day we lose a part of our humanity in my opinion.

Correct.

To a certain extent, I can appreciate where you're coming from but the remembrance services etc. need to be kept in the public eye and this ultimately involves promotion of some description. In terms of the current uncertainty surrounding our own memorial at Haymarket, it's absolutely essential that as many people as possible are informed so that lots of people turn up and the powers that be are left in no doubt that it's a very special memorial indeed.

:)

In these times, even war memorials and remembrance services need to be marketed some way or another. It might seem slightly crass when put like that but it's the only way to ensure that interest continues.

I can't speak on behalf of those who are currently 'wearing' poppy avatars of course, just thought I'd chip in whilst we're on the subject.

P.S. If I could find a decent photo of a poppy, I'd be doing it myself.... ;)

Legend

You have eloquently placed the point to others and myself. I wholeheartedly agree.

Therefore, I do not have anything to add.

(Unfortunately, some will try and justify the reaction.)

I'd also like to comment that if Hearts had asked for the Pope's minute silence to be altered, Hearts as a club would have been hung, drawn and quartered for it, but Celtic have gotten away with it. Celtic knew they would get away with it, and made the right decision as a football club, although their supporters are completely disrespectful *******s.

there was not meant to be a minutes silence for the pope, but after pressure from celtic their supporters groups and other outside influence a minutes silence was then to be held, which was disrupted in both semi finals

In a nutshell

To a certain extent, I can appreciate where you're coming from but the remembrance services etc. need to be kept in the public eye and this ultimately involves promotion of some description. In terms of the current uncertainty surrounding our own memorial at Haymarket, it's absolutely essential that as many people as possible are informed so that lots of people turn up and the powers that be are left in no doubt that it's a very special memorial indeed.

In these times, even war memorials and remembrance services need to be marketed some way or another. It might seem slightly crass when put like that but it's the only way to ensure that interest continues.

I can't speak on behalf of those who are currently 'wearing' poppy avatars of course, just thought I'd chip in whilst we're on the subject. :)

It was more on the pieandbovril website were there was one signature with a mass of poppy graves. Whatever happened to subtlety.

Anyway, i take my initial comment back. Everyone has a right to show their respects in their own way. Even if it doesnt sit easy with me.

I agree with heightened awareness of the Haymarket debacle too. :)

P.S. If I could find a decent photo of a poppy, I'd be doing it myself.... ;)

Cant you work google image search?

Weren't Celtic trying to do the right thing in changing to a minutes applause ?

It may have backfired in as much as appluading those led blindly to their deaths (in WWI at least) doesn't sit quite right however...they're in a position of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Has anyone given them credit for attempting to shut their mutant minority up ?

there was not meant to be a minutes silence for the pope, but after pressure from celtic their supporters groups and other outside influence a minutes silence was then to be held, which was disrupted in both semi finals

Correct and if i recall Celtic had already played a game and held i minutes silence for the Pope. So why did they want to do it again?......in fact im not even going to go into the reasoning on this thread ill save that for another thread

If I was a supporter of their club I would be ashamed.

I would guess that if any of their fans checked their family tree they would probably find that they a relative who was killed in one of the Great Wars.

I assume this is an anti-British issue which makes it all the more embarrassing for them. What about all the Irish Guards who fought with the allies and made the ultimate sacrifice...

MacDonald Jardine
Correct and if i recall Celtic had already played a game and held i minutes silence for the Pope. So why did they want to do it again?......in fact im not even going to go into the reasoning on this thread ill save that for another thread

They hadn't. I think that was why they wanted it.

The fact they'd had umpteen opportunities to "pay their respects" didn't matter because they hadn't had the chance to ram home their Catholicism as Celtic supporters.

Anyway what relevance does it have to the subject of this thread?

I can't wait 'til Prancer gets punted for good again, and goes around every other Hearts messageboard, greetin' about how he was hard done by and that he was going to go to Trading Standards, because he paid a subscription and then got banned.

The only person using this situation for points scoring is Prancer. End of. He's been dying to defend the slum-dwelling Mhanks from the west. Have a word with yourself FFS.

WARPOPHMFC.jpg

Libertonian_II
Do you believe it is a minority at Celtic (and rangers) who would get involved in such things.?

Biggest problem we have in Scotland just now regarding sectarianism/bigots etc is that the authorities go on about the minority at Rangers/Celtic who take part in such things. The quicker they realise that it is the minority(very very small) of Hearts/Hibs/M'well/StMirren/Killie fans etc who indulge in such things but it is a majority when it comes to Celtic/Rangers fans the better.

Unfortunately that will not happen as the media in this neck of the woods are too scared/in the pocket of the ugly sisters

I came across an article in the daily mirror on whatever day it was, by a columnist who rightly criticised the mhanks for their support of the IRA, but then went to say that the hearts supporters were just as bad because they sang the 'famine' song. So by implication we are just as guilty, even if it was just a small minority, even if that song was sung. I didn't hear it. I didn't hear hello hello either, but we're still painted by the media as being bigoted. Mhank minded media deflecting criticism from their own?

Cant you work google image search?

Yep, but couldn't find an appropriate one that I liked. So I didn't change it. I was just being a total copycat anyway. :)

I can't wait 'til Prancer gets punted for good again, and goes around every other Hearts messageboard, greetin' about how he was hard done by and that he was going to go to Trading Standards, because he paid a subscription and then got banned.

:rofl:

I made the same point earlier today. I think it was the right decision.

Aye, only becuase they dont have any respect.... says alot more than the actual action of applauding.

Any other country and they would made to adhere to the associations directions.

portobellojambo1
I made the same point earlier today. I think it was the right decision.

I understand what you are saying dave, but today wasn't about having the choice to stand silent or offer applause. Today, was about reflection, as tomorrow will be. The only way to show respect to the men and women who made the ultimate sacrifice, and reflect on exactly what they did for us, is in silence.

The groups at Parkhead who organised today's protest hide behind pseudo Irish republican politics, and are vehemently anti Nazi, yet failed to understand the significance of today. They also tarnished the names of those Celtic players and fans who have paid the ultimate sacrifice over the years.

For people who steep themselves in history they seem to be very naive with regards to the early history of their own club.

For Celtic Football Club to give into them was effectively the club tarnishing themselves, and the aforementioned players and fans no longer with us.

Personally it should not matter time of year, there should be a continuous remembrance.

So, the Thellick fans applauded to drown out the boos, if there was to be a silence, as expected. Shame on them. Acceptance, is one route to recovery.

Do you not think its better to applause the minute if you know that say 200+ people are possibly going to boo the minutes silence and rather than puting the clubs name in such a bad way that would be hated up and down the country, Its better to applause and drown these arseholes out?

I prefer the minutes silence to celebrate what these people did for our country but if was a minority off hearts fans that where going to boo for whatever reason i would rather applause to drown out the noise.

No!!! You are pandering to minority groups!!! Expose them for what they are!!!

For Celtic Football Club to give into them was effectively the club tarnishing themselves, and the aforementioned players and fans no longer with us.

:Agree:

Unfortunately that will not happen as the media in this neck of the woods are too scared/in the pocket of the ugly sisters

I came across an article in the daily mirror on whatever day it was, by a columnist who rightly criticised the mhanks for their support of the IRA, but then went to say that the hearts supporters were just as bad because they sang the 'famine' song. So by implication we are just as guilty, even if it was just a small minority, even if that song was sung. I didn't hear it. I didn't hear hello hello either, but we're still painted by the media as being bigoted. Mhank minded media deflecting criticism from their own?

My advice - don't read leftie rags!! The "fashionable" establishment hate everything to do with Britain....but they will be crushed eventually!

Archived