The Glory Hunters.

Munch

Wouldnt say we're ****e, perhaps ****e in comparison to the team wi Skacel etc but not ****e compared to other teams outwith the OF.

Alternatively we could get a decent striker in who'll finish the chances were creating and the opposite of the last part of your post could happen.

I hope your right, but strikers cost money, we can only afford risky players, either mentally or physically fragile

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope your right, but strikers cost money, we can only afford risky players, either mentally or physically fragile

Unfortunately it seems that way but there are good players out there, I just hope we find one (or promote one from within) who knows how to put the ball in the net...and pronto!

I believe that the majority of fans who have drifted away have done so due to results.

I believe that if Hearts had won the league every year since 2006 it would not matter one jot as to how 'Mad' Vlad is.

I believe that many people who are no longer season ticket holders would be first in line for cup final tickets and forget their anti-Vlad stance for the day.

I believe that if Hearts were to suddenly go on a massive winning streak, many of the fans who say they won't be back until Vlad walks are kidding themselves.

Buffalo Bill

Yip you pretty much hit the nail on the head with your comments, Another Big Cup Final and the Glory Hunters are 1st to complain if they don't get tickets.:eek:

It's a results based decision though. If Hearts were Champions, the stadium would be full - regardless of Vlad's antics.

The bottom line is results.

Buffalo Bill

Sorry BB but the two are linked, as a result of Mad Vlad and his ways of running the club we are having many bad results. It's Vlad's antics that have caused us to be in a financial and football mess. It would need to be a totally different Vlad that got us the great results which in tourn would bring back the crowds, we have "Vlad" and he has a caused Hearts to be in a mess and as a result the crowds have dwindled

Right enough, the 5000 waiting list :laugh:

The 5000 waiting list proves one thing, if your team is showing signs of success, fans will turn out. Where were all the Celtic and Rangers fans in the 80's? Every 5 years or so, there's a new generation of potential fans willing to choose a team to support, the more successful the club, the more chance you have of keeping them. Hearts 2005/06 had the chance to move the club in the right direction and had a swell of fans wanting to watch a good football team. Anyone who calls these people gloryhunters need to have a serious word with themselves. Some of them may be quite happy watching the same old pash season after season, others have a breaking point. It dosen't make them any less a fan. I could count on one hand the amount of games i've missed since i started going to Tynie in 1982/83 season, up until this season, when i never re-newed my season ticket. I've seen some cra p teams on the park yet still went along, believing things would get better and on occasion, it did. The one person who's caused this is Romanov, if he'd left well alone, we could've been challenging for the SPL title with 2 or 3 quality additions to the team from 05/06. He's made our club a laughing stock, it's no wonder we're never taken seriously anymore. The sooner some folk take off their marroon-tinted spectacles, and look at the bigger picture the better. Some of our players are no better than 1st division level, if i want to watch that, i'll choose an SFL match.

stevieC@pivot
The 5000 waiting list proves one thing, if your team is showing signs of success, fans will turn out. Where were all the Celtic and Rangers fans in the 80's? Every 5 years or so, there's a new generation of potential fans willing to choose a team to support, the more successful the club, the more chance you have of keeping them. Hearts 2005/06 had the chance to move the club in the right direction and had a swell of fans wanting to watch a good football team. Anyone who calls these people gloryhunters need to have a serious word with themselves. Some of them may be quite happy watching the same old pash season after season, others have a breaking point. It dosen't make them any less a fan. I could count on one hand the amount of games i've missed since i started going to Tynie in 1982/83 season, up until this season, when i never re-newed my season ticket. I've seen some cra p teams on the park yet still went along, believing things would get better and on occasion, it did. The one person who's caused this is Romanov, if he'd left well alone, we could've been challenging for the SPL title with 2 or 3 quality additions to the team from 05/06. He's made our club a laughing stock, it's no wonder we're never taken seriously anymore. The sooner some folk take off their marroon-tinted spectacles, and look at the bigger picture the better. Some of our players are no better than 1st division level, if i want to watch that, i'll choose an SFL match.

I agree with everything you have posted,except the bit in bold,cos there NEVER was a 5000 waiting list!! Good marketing was all it was.

The 5000 waiting list proves one thing, if your team is showing signs of success, fans will turn out. Where were all the Celtic and Rangers fans in the 80's? Every 5 years or so, there's a new generation of potential fans willing to choose a team to support, the more successful the club, the more chance you have of keeping them.

Hearts 2005/06 had the chance to move the club in the right direction and had a swell of fans wanting to watch a good football team. Anyone who calls these people gloryhunters need to have a serious word with themselves. Some of them may be quite happy watching the same old pash season after season, others have a breaking point. It dosen't make them any less a fan.

I could count on one hand the amount of games i've missed since i started going to Tynie in 1982/83 season, up until this season, when i never re-newed my season ticket. I've seen some cra p teams on the park yet still went along, believing things would get better and on occasion, it did.

The one person who's caused this is Romanov, if he'd left well alone, we could've been challenging for the SPL title with 2 or 3 quality additions to the team from 05/06. He's made our club a laughing stock, it's no wonder we're never taken seriously anymore. The sooner some folk take off their marroon-tinted spectacles, and look at the bigger picture the better.

Some of our players are no better than 1st division level, if i want to watch that, i'll choose an SFL match

See how much better it reads with a few line breaks!

You make a good point about how 2005/06 showed that their is the potential for old fashioned 20,000+ Tynecastle crowds for big games if Hearts can mount a serious challenge. Of course the problem is that there's nowhere for them to sit.

The glaring failure in your analysis is summed up in "if he'd left well alone, we could've been challenging for the SPL title with 2 or 3 quality additions" which is self contradictory in itself.

It also ignores the fact that the wage bill for 2005/06 was already around 100% of turnover 2 or 3 quality additions would have inflated that further.

Almost every single ticket was sold and Hampden was filled twice and the club still lost it's owners ?6m. I would love it if Vlad had gone on to chuck ever increasing lumps of money at generating on-field success regardless of there being little hope of seeing it back again. However, I'm not going to castigate anyone for not throwing away their money for my enjoyment.

Whether he was unwilling or unable to continue with that level of profligate expenditure is neither here nor there "leaving things alone" would not have resulted in further gains "leaving things alone", at least in the sense of letting the club return to the normality of living vaguely within it's means, is what seems to be happening right now. It's been a painfull transition and the initial retreat from that position was undoubtably botched but it would appear that the worst of it is over.

Enjoy the SFL

alwaysthereinspirit
2 Seasons ago we sold out all season tickets, and we had a waiting list of around 5 thousand.

Where have the glory hunters disappeared too, and when are they likely to return ?

I'm coming home for the Falkirk and Rankgers games in November. Then I'll probably just disapear again. :P

See how much better it reads with a few line breaks!

You make a good point about how 2005/06 showed that their is the potential for old fashioned 20,000+ Tynecastle crowds for big games if Hearts can mount a serious challenge. Of course the problem is that there's nowhere for them to sit.

The glaring failure in your analysis is summed up in "if he'd left well alone, we could've been challenging for the SPL title with 2 or 3 quality additions" which is self contradictory in itself.

It also ignores the fact that the wage bill for 2005/06 was already around 100% of turnover 2 or 3 quality additions would have inflated that further.

Almost every single ticket was sold and Hampden was filled twice and the club still lost it's owners ?6m. I would love it if Vlad had gone on to chuck ever increasing lumps of money at generating on-field success regardless of there being little hope of seeing it back again. However, I'm not going to castigate anyone for not throwing away their money for my enjoyment.

Whether he was unwilling or unable to continue with that level of profligate expenditure is neither here nor there "leaving things alone" would not have resulted in further gains "leaving things alone", at least in the sense of letting the club return to the normality of living vaguely within it's means, is what seems to be happening right now. It's been a painfull transition and the initial retreat from that position was undoubtably botched but it would appear that the worst of it is over.

Enjoy the SFL

You picked up a couple of points, my turn now, First of all, i'm sorry you found the post quite difficult to read, i wrote it rather quickly when i was on a break, however, you seem to have been able to read it ok anyway so, pointless first line. Secondly, i never mentioned anything in the post about 20,000 plus crowds, i've been going for 25 years, i know the capacity of the stadium. Thirdly, if he had the first clue about running a football club, he would've left Burley in charge and let him get on with doing what he was brought in to do, hence the reason i said "if he'd left well alone", that was what i meant. As usual on KB, some folk like to nit pick, rather than seeing the whole post for what it actually was, an overview of what's been going on over the last 2/3 years. Finally, your final comment, "enjoy the SFL", i've no intention of going to watch SFL games, i was merely commenting on the quality of some of our players, as you well know.

OOPS! Forgot to add a few line breaks!! Sorry!

MacDonald Jardine

So are the Celtic and Rangers fans post the 80s gloryhunters?

If so why aren't the post 2005/06 Hearts fans?

Guest Fabuloso

It's very simple. The OF win trophies on a regular basis. Unfortunately we do not. The clue is in the title of this thread - 'Glory'.

bigis semiauskas

FFS mate,because throughout their history the OF have had very few baron spells with no trophys in the cabinet,

many of those post 80s would also have been pre 80s as you put it.

So do you not think when 1 of those spells comes along(few and far between remember) that their fans should at least stick by them.

Am I a glory hunter? 20 years a season ticket holder, I made a choice not to get one this season......................

I'm a better fan:blahblah:

FFS with that answer you could be me,or I could be you,whatever.

Anyhoo,just for the OP ,once again I shall say this,myself and my mates that I went to the Hearts games with(which at one point were13) have all but one deserted HMFC,all long term supporters ,aged from mid-50s to 25ish,none of us are going back because of the way the club is run.

It'll be my 40th soon and I was going to get all my mates to go to the Hearts Falkirk game,but thought why should I ask my mates to spend ?20 or so to watch Hearts,we are going to watch Preston instead and have a right good pesh up after it.

Supposing hearts did reach the cup final I for one wouldn't be a hypocrite and go,Vlad has fecked to many people around for it to change my views on him.

Guest Fabuloso

Anyhoo,just for the OP ,once again I shall say this,myself and my mates that I went to the Hearts games with(which at one point were13) have all but one deserted HMFC,all long term supporters ,aged from mid-50s to 25ish,none of us are going back because of the way the club is run.

It'll be my 40th soon and I was going to get all my mates to go to the Hearts Falkirk game,but thought why should I ask my mates to spend ?20 or so to watch Hearts,we are going to watch Preston instead and have a right good pesh up after it.

Supposing hearts did reach the cup final I for one wouldn't be a hypocrite and go,Vlad has fecked to many people around for it to change my views on him.

I hope some of the posters on this thread take note of this. It really is happening whether you say it's 'results driven' or not.

not the same feeling??? no offence but i don't believe you.

Believe me if you want mate,but the 2006 cup win isn't even in my top 10 best days being a Hearts fan,the writing was on the wall by then for me,my passion for HMFC was waining by then,now it's just a pilot light,hoping one day to ignite the fire I once had for this club,but my friend, the longer this goes on the smaller that little flame gets.

Like somebody who's recently split up from a partner the more insistently and repetitvely you insists that you're over it, the more obvious it is that you're clearly not.

I reckon you'll be back and you're the only one that doesn't know it yet.

And if I'm wrong...

Then why don't you spend some time constructively helping out Preston Athletic? You'd still be in your early 40s when you got your coaching badges and were able to help out with their youth programme or maybe if your talents don't lie in coaching you could help with fundraising or administration.

Either way It's got to be a more constructive use of your time than boring us all with your moaniing about a football club that you don't care about.

Like somebody who's recently split up from a partner the more insistently and repetitvely you insists that you're over it, the more obvious it is that you're clearly not.

I reckon you'll be back and you're the only one that doesn't know it yet.

And if I'm wrong...

Then why don't you spend some time constructively helping out Preston Athletic? You'd still be in your early 40s when you got your coaching badges and were able to help out with their youth programme or maybe if your talents don't lie in coaching you could help with fundraising or administration.

Either way It's got to be a more constructive use of your time than boring us all with your moaniing about a football club that you don't care about.

And you know that I don't then?

ps read my next post,that sould tell you all you need to know.

And you know that I don't then?

I meant that you could direct even more of your energies towards something constructive as opposed to bitching on here.

ps read my next post,that should tell you all you need to know.

I look forward to reading it I'm sure it'll be fascinating.

No Really

Honestly I do

I meant that you could direct even more of your energies towards something constructive as opposed to bitching on here.

I look forward to reading it I'm sure it'll be fascinating.

No Really

Honestly I do

Firstly, apart from still being a memeber of my local SC,this is really my only contact with people who still go to the games,I still do like to know whats kinda going on you know.

Secondly,read my post after the one you quoted.

I believe that the majority of fans who have drifted away have done so due to results.

I believe that if Hearts had won the league every year since 2006 it would not matter one jot as to how 'Mad' Vlad is.

I believe that many people who are no longer season ticket holders would be first in line for cup final tickets and forget their anti-Vlad stance for the day.

I believe that if Hearts were to suddenly go on a massive winning streak, many of the fans who say they won't be back until Vlad walks are kidding themselves.

Buffalo Bill

The glory hunters will be back as soon as we go on a decent run of games.:)

This is a disgrace. More than 25 years I've supported Hearts and I've had two afternoons of glory. And along come these hunters, they're here 5 minutes and they're getting loads of glory. And then they have the cheek to do one as soon as they've had their glory!

I'm off to support Chelsenal Unitedpool so I can hunt my glory from the comfort of my own armchair.

:P

We will have to face Celtic with the support we have.

I would much prefer it if they did not have the full end to themselves. A horrible sight for anyone to behold.

siegementality
best post on the thread.

it's all very well withdrawing financial support of the CLUB when times are not so bad regarding the financial health of the club. to refuse to make a contribution to maximising the revenues of the club when times are very hard is quite frankly unforgiveable from people who call themselves hearts fans.

there's a comment earlier in the thread about the 'stay-aways' being "saviours of the club". complete and utter, deluded rubbish. they could only be described as saviours of the club if it could be proved beyond all doubt that their absence forced some kind of regime change or a change in direction of the present regime which resulted in the saving of the club. that patently isn't the case, and it's not likely to ever be the case, because romanov is showing no signs of changing or leaving.

people who are withholding their money from the club are compromising the financial well being of the club. it causes cash flow problems and impacts on every facet of the club's best interests. it's completely self indulgent for people to proclaim that they are looking after the club's best interests by damaging it's ability to improve it's financial position.

supporting the club is NOT supporting romanov.

What utter garbage. There is only one "completely self indulgent" person at Tynecastle and that's the man who is showing "no signs of changing" despite everything around him telling him that he has to.

Look up the term self indulgent, it may be of help to you. Romanov, like everyone else, has choices, he chooses not to change and because of that people choose not to attend games, who is the self indulgent one?

Sorry BB but the two are linked, as a result of Mad Vlad and his ways of running the club we are having many bad results. It's Vlad's antics that have caused us to be in a financial and football mess. It would need to be a totally different Vlad that got us the great results which in tourn would bring back the crowds, we have "Vlad" and he has a caused Hearts to be in a mess and as a result the crowds have dwindled

I've already said they are linked. That's not my point though.

Buffalo Bill

stevieC@pivot
This is a disgrace. More than 25 years I've supported Hearts and I've had two afternoons of glory. And along come these hunters, they're here 5 minutes and they're getting loads of glory. And then they have the cheek to do one as soon as they've had their glory!

I'm off to support Chelsenal Unitedpool so I can hunt my glory from the comfort of my own armchair.

:P

Disgrace !!:):P:rolleyes:

I've already said they are linked. That's not my point though.

Buffalo Bill

You make very valid points BB but the chances of us going on a massive winning streak are pretty remote at the moment.

And although our chances of lifting the SC remain, i still very much doubt it would happen due to the 'shootfootery' that seems to surround VR.

You make very valid points BB but the chances of us going on a massive winning streak are pretty remote at the moment.

And although our chances of lifting the SC remain, i still very much doubt it would happen due to the 'shootfootery' that seems to surround VR.

I think the chances of it happening are nil.

Buffalo Bill

Charlie-Brown

Good results and performances and crowds go up, poor results and rubbish fitba and crowds go down - same as it ever was.

Midfield Dynamo
ASK MR.ROMANOV,HE WILL KNOW THE ANSWER!:rolleyes:

Well said that man.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and for the first time ever, the apathy and non team spirit has finally got to me.

We all know that the "team" on the park most weeks is not our best 11 or more to the point the best position's for our best 11.

We play defenders in midfield, we play midfielders in defence, we play 1 up front, we rotate our goalkeepers, we have players out for months with injuries that IMO are maybe not as serious as some would believe.

MR ROMANOV....WE DON'T PLAY THE BRAND OF FOOTBALL THAT YOU PROMISED AND WE ARE TIRED OF THE CIRCUS THAT YOU HAVE CREATED.

THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT ATTENDING MATCHES.

I ONLY DEAL IN FACT

They are not Glory hunters but in fact saviours of the club who drew a line in the sand that Vlad could not cross ,but he did just a pity a wave came and washed away that line.

A good cup run or a run of exceptional form some will be back.

They ARE glory hunters. If they are not, and are merley protesting agaisnt Vlad, where were they before he came?

Goodmorningmrfisherman
They ARE glory hunters. If they are not, and are merley protesting agaisnt Vlad, where were they before he came?

You make me laugh:banghead:

Where were they?

Well I know the crowd im on about visited places like Montrose(links park),Arbroath(gayfield),Perth(muirton),Greenock(cappillowe) and even places like ayresome park(Middlesboro) for frienldlies.

Also digging deep into the kitty for SOH as we seen the crap in charge before Mercer and the lieman.

Maybe just maybe you get to a certain age and you can't stomach anymore but let me tell you something do not call those GUYS glory hunters.

Good results and performances and crowds go up, poor results and rubbish fitba and crowds go down - same as it ever was.

You'd think it was a new concept entirely devised and mastered by the Hearts support going by some of the stuff on this thread....

chester copperpot
You'd think it was a new concept entirely devised and mastered by the Hearts support going by some of the stuff on this thread....

Have we not made up this idea no? :eek:

Pity, as I'm sure if we were the first to invent this, Hibs would've jumped on the bandwagon and claimed this one too. ;)

Have we not made up this idea no? :eek:

Pity, as I'm sure if we were the first to invent this, Hibs would've jumped on the bandwagon and claimed this one too. ;)

They're halfway there, they're very good at the sorrow and moaning part. They just haven't quite managed any of the glory bits yet.

chester copperpot
They're halfway there, they're very good at the sorrow and moaning part. They just haven't quite managed any of the glory bits yet.

Good point actually.

Will give up my quest at this point, where's Mr B at this time, I miss his banter.

Good point actually.

Will give up my quest at this point, where's Mr B at this time, I miss his banter.

Around mate...around....;)

hows you?

Assuming you mean me?

chester copperpot
Around mate...around....;)

hows you?

Assuming you mean me?

I did mate, I did, but too fecked now to hold a conversation.

Speak soon. ;)

Where were they?

Well I know the crowd im on about visited places like Montrose(links park),Arbroath(gayfield),Perth(muirton),Greenock(cappillowe) and even places like ayresome park(Middlesboro) for frienldlies.Also digging deep into the kitty for SOH as we seen the crap in charge before Mercer and the lieman.

Maybe just maybe you get to a certain age and you can't stomach anymore but let me tell you something do not call those GUYS glory hunters.

Yep,me being a glory hunter was down there as well,and the old Baseball ground,Derby County,for the younger viewers,aye I've glory hunted all over the place for Hearts,so I have.

MacDonald Jardine

Where were they?

Well I know the crowd im on about visited places like Montrose(links park),Arbroath(gayfield),Perth(muirton),Greenock(cappillowe) and even places like ayresome park(Middlesboro) for frienldlies.

Also digging deep into the kitty for SOH as we seen the crap in charge before Mercer and the lieman.

And you think anything like a majority of these guys have stopped going?

Bollocks.

MacDonald Jardine
It's very simple. The OF win trophies on a regular basis. Unfortunately we do not. The clue is in the title of this thread - 'Glory'.

Start going 2005 because we're winning games.

Win the cup.

Stop going 2006/ 2007.

See the link?

Is there no glory in being at the top of the league in late 2006 or winning the cup?

Where were they?

I remember muirton park vividly , you had to walk through the the St.johnstone fans to get to the away end and me with a 5ft hearts flag that i made in home economics draped round my back , there was also a lot of scrapping in the toilets as there were 2 entrances to the one toilet ,one in the away end and one in the home end , happpy memories,

Bollocks.

Not a majority mate but what I can tell you out off the guy's(and a few girls as well) who went down to Ayresome park and the Baseball ground only a small handfull still go to the games now,say's quite a lot to me.

A basic point that no one wants to answer. Hearts obviously don`t have the same success as the OF and this is why some say you can`t accuse Hearts fans of glory hunting.

But why not? It comes in the shape of glory hunting if you only turn up when things are going well or we look like we can win something, that`s glory hunting in my book.

What separates the stay away fans from the ones that go?

It riles me when i go back to the clubs and pubs after games and you hear a non regular say " i would`nt go along and support that sheeite the now",

It belittles the fans that go IMO.

Not a majority mate but what I can tell you out off the guy's(and a few girls as well) who went down to Ayresome park and the Baseball ground only a small handfull still go to the games now,say's quite a lot to me.

The crowd that I went down with are still supporting Hearts.

Where were they?

Most of these guys probably still go, they help contribute to the higher average crowds that we stil have compared to before the Vlad days.

But we had much more in the early successful days, so it is these people who did not go before and do not go after that are glory hunters, probably the same ones who turned up at the 98 cup final, but did not go to games in the difficult subsequent seasons.

The fact is in the crowds went up hugely in the early Vlad days, becasue of Glory Hunters.

Well said that man.

I have been a season ticket holder for many years and for the first time ever, the apathy and non team spirit has finally got to me.

We all know that the "team" on the park most weeks is not our best 11 or more to the point the best position's for our best 11.

We play defenders in midfield, we play midfielders in defence, we play 1 up front, we rotate our goalkeepers, we have players out for months with injuries that IMO are maybe not as serious as some would believe.

MR ROMANOV....WE DON'T PLAY THE BRAND OF FOOTBALL THAT YOU PROMISED AND WE ARE TIRED OF THE CIRCUS THAT YOU HAVE CREATED.

THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT ATTENDING MATCHES.

I ONLY DEAL IN FACT

That'll be that then. Close the thread.

Being on your own doesn't count as a crowd

boom boom.

The thing is though, we could really do with a good Hearts support tomorrow.

It's time you got yourself out of the huff and got back to supporting the club.

I find it funny that grown men and women talk about 'Glory Hunters'. It's such a childish phrase.

If the football team have players with character, heart and ability and it's good to watch then obviously more people will come along and show interest.

Get over it sado.

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Bollocks.

Yes I do.

The buses I went on 73 through till around 1990 when I travelled with various supporters clubs before switching to car I would be prepared to say the majority dont go now.

Not all due to Romanov though lost a good few during Liemans era.

On a sidenote lots of fans snapped up the cheap season tickets when Vlad came along and reduced prices making it affordable for a father\mother to take 2 or 3 kids along sadly this is no longer the case for some with alot the bronze sections changing.

Doesn't mean those guys are glory hunters afterall I will bet I see the majority of them next sunday at Haymarket like I do every year.

Archived