Csaba facing 2 match ban -MERGED

Cigaro

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely they have to have a hearing first then decide on the punishment? I wouldn't put it past the SFA but when have they ever given out the punishment on the strength of the ref's report alone and without any sort of trial?!

marshallschunkychicken
Surely they have to have a hearing first then decide on the punishment? I wouldn't put it past the SFA but when have they ever given out the punishment on the strength of the ref's report alone and without any sort of trial?!

Because it's a kangaroo court....

According to MD on Talk 107.

Would love to hear what thats based on?!?! (Not you cigaro but what the SFA have based that on and where MD has got his fact from)

Out of interest did anyone see the guy in front of MD telling hearts fans to calm down on Saturday????

Its based on the SFA 'rule book' which is just written in chalk on a blackboard somewhere so can be amended to suit whatever the situation needs.

Charlie-Brown
Whats the "charge"???

Breach of article 16.90 sub-section 18.88 of the double-secret-written-in-nineteenth-century-glasgow-long-forgotten-but-sometimes-brought-out-to-slap-people-down-when-we-need-to-rules. :rolleyes:

JennytheJambo
this must be appealed, from eye witness account Csaba did nothing wrong!!!!!!

Yes he did, he is the manager of Hearts, not the old firm, so it is a different rule. Strachan, Hughes amongst others will do the same thing and it will be ignored, this is another excuse to punish Hearts.

Csaba's behaviour was an embarassement to HMFC, but after the Boruc let off yet again, a 50p fine is all he should get from SFA. Hearts however should tell him, behave like that again and your on the first plane back to assist Bobby Williamson..................................

Yep, defo true, its on sky sports news.

To serve a two match touchline ban.

Absolute joke.

He must have been sent to the stand then as I thought you could only recieve a ban if you were sent to the stand or pulled up infront of a committee... if he has been sent to the stand (red card) then this ban could be extended by a panel, couldnt it?

Guest JamboRobbo

didn't it take forever to deal with a strachan case recently? Or was that just to hear his appeal after he'd been done just as quickly? I'm not sure to be honest.....

Yes he did, he is the manager of Hearts, not the old firm, so it is a different rule. Strachan, Hughes amongst others will do the same thing and it will be ignored, this is another excuse to punish Hearts.

Mmm...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/sfa-halves-strachans-touchline-ban-after-appeal-787731.html

http://www.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/04/30/SPL-Hughes-given-touchline-ban/?facets/sport-space/football/north-america-locale/Clydesdale-Bank-Scottish-Premier-League/

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-boss-Paatelainen-loses-touchline.4621513.jp

I'm not saying Csaba deserves a ban...haven't seen all the footage and only caught the tailend on Saturday but let's not get too paranoid. Given the circumstances ( the reversed penalty decision ) most officials would have assumed there may be trouble if ANY manager had come on to the pitch at the end

Csaba's behaviour was an embarassement to HMFC, but after the Boruc let off yet again, a 50p fine is all he should get from SFA. Hearts however should tell him, behave like that again and your on the first plane back to assist Bobby Williamson..................................

If he is allowed on the pitch after full time then he should appeal it.

If he is not allowed on the pitch then there is nothing he can do.

Guest JamboRobbo

agreed. :eek::P

agreed. :eek::P

He probably is allowed on the pitch but look at the highlights tonight and see again his attempts to barge the 4th official and argue with the ref, that should not be allowed

He probably is allowed on the pitch but look at the highlights tonight and see again his attempts to barge the 4th official and argue with the ref, that should not be allowed

And what about the actions of the 4th official?

I just seen Csaba in Scotmid lothian road, browsing over the red wine section.

Obviously watching his pennies as he'll no doubt receive a GFA record fine.

He must have been sent to the stand then as I thought you could only recieve a ban if you were sent to the stand or pulled up infront of a committee... if he has been sent to the stand (red card) then this ban could be extended by a panel, couldnt it?

I know he and Campbell Ogilvie were called to the ref's room after the match, maybe he was given a red card there?

Either way it doesn't matter what, the GFA will no doubt re-write their rulebook in order to hammer him.

This is like catch 22. To paraphrase:

"Csaba is guilty of course, or he would not have been accused, and since the only way to prove it is to find him guilty, it is their patriotic duty to do so."

STV news hound Raman Fat-radge has just reported that it's an automatic 2 game ban.

automatic eh??? brilliant, media act as judge, jury & executioner.

The Sun (spit) had a 3 page extravaganza about it today. Apparently it's way worse than anything Arfur Bawric has done and that the SFA MUST come down like a ton of bricks.

We live in one screwed up country these days.

Guest jambomickey

i stand right behind the dug out and the fourth official was a disgrace! he was the one who man handled csaba and hearts should take this all the way, what do we think would happen if it was csaba who man handled the fourth official? we all know the answer so given that why should a fourth official get a way with it?

I've not seen the highlights but at the game it looked as if the 4th official was going after him.

Guest jambomickey

it was 100% the fourth official who was to blame. if it's wrong for players and managers to put there hands on officials it's wrong for officials to do the same

If these news astories are correct it appears that Csaba's punishment has been decided before he's given the opportunity to put his defence. Surely that can't be true. If it were, then it could only be concluded that the SFA is a dicatorial body run by egotists who have complete contempt for justice and fair play.

Say What Again

It's just been discussed on Jim Traynors programme on Radio Scotland.

The 2 guests (I'm not sure who they are) suggested Csaba should be 'hammered', he was a 'disgrace', he 'shouldn't have been on the park' (WTF? the game was over), 'how can players be expected to behave when he acts like this' and that 'pictures in the papers showed the referee clearly feared for his safety' and 'he looked scared' :rolleyes:

If these news astories are correct it appears that Csaba's punishment has been decided before he's given the opportunity to put his defence. Surely that can't be true. If it were, then it could only be concluded that the SFA is a dicatorial body run by egotists who have complete contempt for justice and fair play.

then your conclusions would be most correct. fair play and even-handedness don't get a look in i'm afraid.

It's just been discussed on Jim Traynors programme on Radio Scotland.

The 2 guests (I'm not sure who they are) suggested Csaba should be 'hammered', he was a 'disgrace', he 'shouldn't have been on the park' (WTF? the game was over), 'how can players be expected to behave when he acts like this' and that 'pictures in the papers showed the referee clearly feared for his safety' and 'he looked scared' :rolleyes:

What a crock of sh*t.

:sad:

Guest jambomickey
What a crock of sh*t.

:sad:

as i've said mate i'm first row right behind the home dug out and the fourth official was a disgrace

Malinga the Swinga

He had been tried and found guilty by 5pm on Saturday. Traynor and media cronies had him guilty before players were changed and in civvie clothes, so he had no chance of a fair trial. What was the referee actually scared off, if he was so sure he was correct, then discuss it like a man and face up, don't hide behind a uniform like a pathetic pedant.

As for Clark, he can shove his opinion right up his jacksie, a fully paid up member of the GFA, who is told to say what the media and their pals want to hear.

The game had finished so manager had a right to be on pitch, and if the half wit of a fourth official hadn't decided to act like some sort of macho man, nothing else would have happened.

I still can't understand how you can be guilty of something with no defence allowed. If this was taken to court, then the law would laugh at the SFA, which is what they are frightened of. I wish Levein had gone all the way with them years ago and had the whole rulebook thrown out.

Malinga the Swinga
One of them was Gordon Waddell

Another half wit who sounds like he belongs in the 1950's. Come the revolution, there are going to be a lot of these prats being lined up and shot if and when I get to be in control.

Just what I was saying earlier in the thread Gibbo. I cannot believe he's been given an automatic ban without any sort of judicial process whatsoever.

It's a sham of a mockery.

We know we are up against it when Kenny Clarke said in his Sun column that he is worse than Borus, despite never making any rude gestures or wearing infalmmaotry clothing and not having a track record of this.

Just what I was saying earlier in the thread Gibbo. I cannot believe he's been given an automatic ban without any sort of judicial process whatsoever.

It's a sham of a mockery.

He will summoned before the SFA Disciplinary Committee and allowed his say - and then given the two match ban. That's the level of fair play and decency that you can expect - unless of course you are in anyway connected to the Old Firm.

The media/SFA outrage towards Csaba is an absolute disgrace. Boruc gets fined ?500 (short change to him) despite inciting the crowd time and time again and Csaba will apparently get a 2 match ban.

The footballing "establishment" in this country are a total disgrace.

I don't know why I'm so furious about this, we knew it was coming...but it still doesn't make it any less frustrating.

WTF is this 'automatic' ban all about? Is nobody even going to bother pretending that they listen to both sides of a story?

No wonder Csaba's on the vino tonight. :mad:

Hallelujah

Something that has just about united us!!!

There has been the sniff of a hate campaign bubbling against Csaba for a few weeks now. Now we might all have varying opinions on his talent as a manager. But he has been nothing but friendly, positive and charming in his role and IMO an asset to Hearts and an asset to the SPL - a manager that can actually sound vaguely intelligent whilst speaking about football.

Its concerning.

Hallelujah

Something that has just about united us!!!

There has been the sniff of a hate campaign bubbling against Csaba for a few weeks now. Now we might all have varying opinions on his talent as a manager. But he has been nothing but friendly, positive and charming in his role and IMO an asset to Hearts and an asset to the SPL - a manager that can actually sound vaguely intelligent whilst speaking about football.

Its concerning.

Absofeckinlutely. I thought I was just being paranoid when they started all their snidey comments about his touchline behaviour but maybe I wasn't being completely daft. This stinks. Big time.

Welcome to Scottish football, Csaba.

The media/SFA outrage towards Csaba is an absolute disgrace. Boruc gets fined ?500 (short change to him) despite inciting the crowd time and time again and Csaba will apparently get a 2 match ban.

The footballing "establishment" in this country are a total disgrace.

Yep, they silenced Hughes, they silenced Macpherson now its Csaba's turn.

I don't know why any of us would be suprised. As soon as the establishment (SFA, OF and media) get a scent of blood they swiftly move in for the kill.

I see no reason why we should be happy or 'together' about Csaba getting a ban from the SFA, when the real reason we should be united about is the SFA screwing us over, and has been going on far longer than Csaba has been around.

I see no reason why we should be happy or 'together' about Csaba getting a ban from the SFA, when the real reason we should be united about is the SFA screwing us over, and has been going on far longer than Csaba has been around.

correct, however we have become 'the boy who cried wolf' in the eyes of the media and other clubs, a group of serial moaners and conspiracy theorists who think the whole world is against us.

the drip drip drip effect of pumping us good and proper on a weekly basis, allied to the gutter media's efforts in ridiculing us at every turn has rendered us as probably the most despised fans outwith the OF... at best.

correct, however we have become 'the boy who cried wolf' in the eyes of the media and other clubs, a group of serial moaners and conspiracy theorists who think the whole world is against us.

the drip drip drip effect of pumping us good and proper on a weekly basis, allied to the gutter media's efforts in ridiculing us at every turn has rendered us as probably the most despised fans outwith the OF... at best.

Aren't you the divot who has made a complete tit of himself and our club on the EEN forums for years?

"The boy who cried wolf?"

Archived