Csaba facing 2 match ban -MERGED

Cigaro

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert
Some folk believe Romanov is doing a wonderful job and everything is hunky dory at Hearts.

Which folk are these mythical creatures? I am not sure even Vlad and his son would sign up to the last bit.

Wattie judas, no punishment, arthur borat a poxy 500 quid fine for what could be deemed inciting a riot, Csaba gows onto the pitch at the end like he does each week and hit with a 2 game ban. And people say were paranoid for saying the football in this country is corrupt.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Wattie judas, no punishment, arthur borat a poxy 500 quid fine for what could be deemed inciting a riot, Csaba gows onto the pitch at the end like he does each week and hit with a 2 game ban. And people say were paranoid for saying the football in this country is corrupt.

Iam paranoid about me so called mates not turning up in the pub pre-match.

Dont know why like..........:rolleyes:

Csaba hung out to dry.

It was only a matter of time of course.

At least we won't have Steve Conroy as a ref for a while.

Every cloud and all that....

If he loses an appeal (and I can't imagine why he would - other than the fact they're corrupt, twisted old baskets of course) then I see no reason why someone behind the dugout couldn't just hand over their season ticket for 90 minutes. I'm sure there would be a willing volunteer somewhere.

:)

However the incident with Csaba surely cant be compared to Wattie vs. Tattie heid quite so easily.

From the Evening Times articleThe Rangers boss was sent to the stand during the 1-0 win over Hibs in the fifth-round replay yesterday to earn an automatic two-match ban.

Csaba obviously cant have been sent to the stand so surely we can only speculate as top what IF ANY :rolleyes: censure has been imposed

Csaba to appeal..

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-to-fight-Laszlo39s-twomatch.4634894.jp

HEARTS will appeal against any punishment meted out to manager Csaba Laszlo from the Scottish Football Association following Saturday's controversy at Tynecastle.

The SFA has stated that Laszlo incurred a two-game touchline ban through its automatic sanctions system by being included in referee Steve Conroy's report from the 1-1 draw with Aberdeen. He attempted to confront Conroy on the pitch at full-time after the official awarded Hearts a late penalty and then changed his decision. He also had angry exchanges with John McKendrick, the fourth official, and Aberdeen coach Sandy Clark.

The SFA has yet to officially correspond with officials at Tynecastle but any suspension will be challenged by Hearts on the grounds that their manager enters the field after every match.

Club officials are also unhappy with the conduct of McKendrick, who appeared to further antagonise Laszlo by manhandling him in an attempt to prevent him getting at Conroy. Hearts are awaiting confirmation of disciplinary action but the SFA revealed that its automatic sanctions systems punishes anyone included in a referee's report. Laszlo will be banned from the technical area for forthcoming matches against St Mirren and Hamilton unless an appeal is lodged within seven days. The SFA was expected to notify Hearts of the manager's punishment today, at which point the seven-day waiting period takes effect.

"Anyone who is reported for the first time gets a two-match ban," said a spokesperson for the SFA.

Francis Albert
He attempted to confront Conroy on the pitch at full-time

On what basis does the EN report this as fact?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I sit right behind the dugout in the stand so I saw it all on Saturday

Csaba walked onto the pitch after the game (given he wasnt looking best pleased) he was pointing at the referee and shouting but that was all, at the time he was amongst the Hearts players.

As soon as we went on the pitch the fourth official barged in front of him and stopped him proceeding any further.

There was a heated exchange a the 4th official was acting like an amateur nightclub bouncer (he was still carrying the electronic board )

There were never any raised hands from Csaba imho the 4th official was slightly overzealous in his actions, almost like he was trying to provoke Csaba

the same thing happened to Rangers manager Walter Smith just a few months ago. Again, the SFA commented before the report had arrived, and again, it was an automatic 2 match ban which he could appeal. Maybe we are being paranoid here?

Good point. Maybe we are being paranoid. However the interesting thing, that I didn?t know before, was that if you are in the referees report you are automatically banned for 2 matches - if it is your first time.

Now this means that it was only a few months ago that Smith first was mentioned in a referees report. So he hasn't been mentioned anytime before in his entire season+ back at the Huns ?

Considering how vocal and pushy Smith gets to just about every official and other managers it seems the refs have been going a little 'easy' on old Walter Smith.

Who would ever of guessed it?

Anyway maybe Csaba should have been a little calmer in the situation. Still at least he clearly gives a toss about the team. Not a bad thing ?

I sit right behind the dugout in the stand so I saw it all on Saturday

Csaba walked onto the pitch after the game (given he wasnt looking best pleased) he was pointing at the referee and shouting but that was all, at the time he was amongst the Hearts players.

As soon as we went on the pitch the fourth official barged in front of him and stopped him proceeding any further.

There was a heated exchange a the 4th official was acting like an amateur nightclub bouncer (he was still carrying the electronic board )

There were never any raised hands from Csaba imho the 4th official was slightly overzealous in his actions, almost like he was trying to provoke Csaba

Saw exactly what you recount myself.

He did nothing wrong.

Is he not allowed to be angry, and allowed to speak with the ref/linesman?

He was also miles away from them, so in no immedaite danger of doing anything untoward. The over zealous 4th official is entirely to blame for making something out of nothing (at the time).

The fact that the 4th official felt the need to intervene says a lot about the controversial decision itself.

The 4th official EXPECTED Csaba to be angry. He EXPECTED Csaba to want to confront the ref.... I wonder why he expected those things?

Teuchterjambo

The outrage on here and the attempts to justify Csaba's behaviour on Saturday have been bewildering.

Forget the clumsy attempts of the 4th official trying to restrain Csaba on Saturday - he may well have been out of order in the way he did it but I wish he had succeeded in keeping him away from the action.

It is obvious from where I was sitting and from all the footage since that Csaba had lost the plot completely by that time and was up for confrontation with anyone in front of him whether it was his own players,the officials or opposition players and coaches. That is what really happened and no amount of injustice or bias against us is going to change that. He then compounded the problem by suggesting that there was no problem and that none of this really happened.

The evidence is clear and if this goes to appeal both he and the club will be made to look a laughing stock. It is no defence to say he always goes onto the park and he should have been allowed to go - that is like saying you always drive the car safely so if you're drunk it's ok to jump in. It is the consequences of the actions that are important. The 4th official saw the potential for serious consequences from Csaba going on to the field and tried to avoid it in the same way as a mate might persuade you not to get in the car drunk and would it not all have been much better if he had succeeded ?

Saturday's performance should come as no surprise - anyone watching him in the dugout knows that the guys wears his heart on his sleeve and has the potential for going OTT. He does have history in his career for this,hardly the first time he has been banned. Remember the Robbo incident where Robbo was portrayed as the bad boy - Csaba had already been sent to the stand and should never have been near the final incident. Subsequent investigation by UEFA admonished Robbo and banned Csaba for four games.

I like the guy,I think he is making a difference and hope it continues but lets get some perspective into this - bang out of order,guilty as charged,take what's coming and move on.

The outrage on here and the attempts to justify Csaba's behaviour on Saturday have been bewildering.

Forget the clumsy attempts of the 4th official trying to restrain Csaba on Saturday - he may well have been out of order in the way he did it but I wish he had succeeded in keeping him away from the action.

It is obvious from where I was sitting and from all the footage since that Csaba had lost the plot completely by that time and was up for confrontation with anyone in front of him whether it was his own players,the officials or opposition players and coaches. That is what really happened and no amount of injustice or bias against us is going to change that. He then compounded the problem by suggesting that there was no problem and that none of this really happened.

The evidence is clear and if this goes to appeal both he and the club will be made to look a laughing stock. It is no defence to say he always goes onto the park and he should have been allowed to go - that is like saying you always drive the car safely so if you're drunk it's ok to jump in. It is the consequences of the actions that are important. The 4th official saw the potential for serious consequences from Csaba going on to the field and tried to avoid it in the same way as a mate might persuade you not to get in the car drunk and would it not all have been much better if he had succeeded ?

Saturday's performance should come as no surprise - anyone watching him in the dugout knows that the guys wears his heart on his sleeve and has the potential for going OTT. He does have history in his career for this,hardly the first time he has been banned. Remember the Robbo incident where Robbo was portrayed as the bad boy - Csaba had already been sent to the stand and should never have been near the final incident. Subsequent investigation by UEFA admonished Robbo and banned Csaba for four games.

I like the guy,I think he is making a difference and hope it continues but lets get some perspective into this - bang out of order,guilty as charged,take what's coming and move on.

Csaba comes onto the pitch after every game without any problem.

He only "lost the plot" as you put it after being struck with the subs board by a fourth official who really had lost control of his actions.

I think that most of the outrage expressed on here is the fact that he's be judged and sentenced by various 'experts' in both the gfa and the media whether they witnessed the incident or not.

For a start, you could have put this on the other thread. Csaba didn't "lose the plot" until the 4th official tried to get him off the pitch, he was going to speak to his players, which he does after every game, did it at Easter Road and there was no outrage then.

I am right behind the appeal, he did nothing wrong and some people on here just can't help but have a go, it's pathetic (not necessarily aimed at the OP cause I haven't noticed your posts before)

Brian Whittaker's Tache

If anyone needs a two match ban here , it's the 4th official

I've seen bouncers in the Grassmarket handle themselves with more diplomacy and tact

Personally if anyone had got in my face that much without provocation I'd have nutted the bassa

Teuchterjambo
Csaba comes onto the pitch after every game without any problem.

He only "lost the plot" as you put it after being struck with the subs board by a fourth official who really had lost control of his actions.

I think that most of the outrage expressed on here is the fact that he's be judged and sentenced by various 'experts' in both the gfa and the media whether they witnessed the incident or not.

I did say that the 4th officials attempts were clumsy and out of order.Csaba's actions may well have been made worse by that but he was well up for confrontation anyway.

Understandable as the outrage is about the GFA and the media (and it really nips me as well) it doesn't change the facts - need to move on and shut the door on this one before it turns into another major PR disaster.

Jam Tarts 1874
I did say that the 4th officials attempts were clumsy and out of order.Csaba's actions may well have been made worse by that but he was well up for confrontation anyway.Understandable as the outrage is about the GFA and the media (and it really nips me as well) it doesn't change the facts - need to move on and shut the door on this one before it turns into another major PR disaster.

You are a mind-reader as well? :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

Agree with you TeuchterJambo.

2 game ban is not a big deal. It happens to lots of managers for all sorts of stuff. It's not always 100% fair, but we should accept it, learn from it, and move on, concentrating on things we can control, and that do make a difference, like getting our best side on the park and winning our next match.......

Not entirely sure why this needed a whole new thread, but heyho...

Sorry, but I absolutely disagree with pretty much everything you said. Yes, he's animated but that doesn't necessarily mean that he should be treated differently by the match officials, and it certainly doesn't justify the actions of the 4th official on Saturday. The comparison you made with that and a mate helping you out when drunk is a little bit weird given that there's nothing remotely helpful, friendly or diplomatic about having a subs board thrust at you or a finger pointed centimetres away from your face.

History has nothing to do with it. This was one incident on one day and that's all that anyone should be bothered about. Especially the SFA.

I'm also not sure what footage you've been watching but I have no qualms at all about Csaba's behaviour based on what I saw.

I did say that the 4th officials attempts were clumsy and out of order.Csaba's actions may well have been made worse by that but he was well up for confrontation anyway.

Understandable as the outrage is about the GFA and the media (and it really nips me as well) it doesn't change the facts - need to move on and shut the door on this one before it turns into another major PR disaster.

On the contraty, I think Hearts reaction as a club can't be questioned.

The only people that need to take a look at themselves are the 4th official, the media and any rent-a-quote from the gfa that's thrown their tuppence worth in.

Also the actions of some dons players, diamond and langfield leaves a lot to be desired

Guest JamboRobbo

The only people that need to take a look at themselves are the 4th official, the media and any rent-a-quote from the gfa that's thrown their tuppence worth in.

Also the actions of some dons players, diamond and langfield leaves a lot to be desired

do you feel the rent a quotes from the GFA would do the same if it was Rangers or Celtic?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2106421.0.0.php

Teuchterjambo
For a start, you could have put this on the other thread. Csaba didn't "lose the plot" until the 4th official tried to get him off the pitch, he was going to speak to his players, which he does after every game, did it at Easter Road and there was no outrage then.

I am right behind the appeal, he did nothing wrong and some people on here just can't help but have a go, it's pathetic (not necessarily aimed at the OP cause I haven't noticed your posts before)

Of course he did something wrong - he went balistic at officials and anyone else in his sights. There was no outrage at Easter Road because he did not do what he did on Saturday - his actions were different and therefore so were the consequences.

I understand why he did it and have some sympathy but an appeal is just going to make things worse because when you strip out the emotion you aren't left with much argument or ground to appeal.

The GFA and the media really nip me as well but again it is emotion and it hurts but in this case we should forget it IMHO.

Teuchterjambo
You are a mind-reader as well? :rolleyes:

I don't think it takes a mind reader to reckon that Csaba was on a mission !

Ah that old chestnut - if a post contains anything but provable fact then it shouldn't be posted. Is debate not about opinion and interpretation ?

Good point. Maybe we are being paranoid. However the interesting thing, that I didn?t know before, was that if you are in the referees report you are automatically banned for 2 matches - if it is your first time.

Now this means that it was only a few months ago that Smith first was mentioned in a referees report. So he hasn't been mentioned anytime before in his entire season+ back at the Huns ?

Considering how vocal and pushy Smith gets to just about every official and other managers it seems the refs have been going a little 'easy' on old Walter Smith.

Who would ever of guessed it?

Anyway maybe Csaba should have been a little calmer in the situation. Still at least he clearly gives a toss about the team. Not a bad thing ?

Can you imagine any match officials treating Smith or Strachan like that, attempting to shove them or pointing fingers in faces? Just wouldn't happen. Not ever.

As for Banderson....he can bugger off....he's trying to play the same game as the tabloids but he's capable of only the most pathetic sort of controversy and wind-up. He just bores me now. Nice choice of words Barry, you twonk.

one of the reasons why it shouldn't just be meekly accepted is that it's very typical of the SFA to pursue easy targets and trivial matters when they should be at least attempting to tackle the real evils within the game. they don't have the stomach for the fight when it comes to sorting out OF fans for their weekly/bi-weekly renditions of banned songs, therefore they must justify their existence by going after easier targets.

I don't think it takes a mind reader to reckon that Csaba was on a mission !

Ah that old chestnut - if a post contains anything but provable fact then it shouldn't be posted. Is debate not about opinion and interpretation ?

The only thing that you forgot to do in this case was say "FACT" after saying that he was looking for a confrontation. No-one would've argued with you if you'd done that.

On topic, I think that we should just take it on the chin and get on with it. It has nothing to do with bias. The fourth official was a bit over-officious, but we're not the first club to have suffered from it and won't be the last, and all the bleating about it is frankly embarrassing.

Teuchterjambo

I agree in particular that Diamond and Langfield were a disgrace, the 4th officials tactics were questionable etc - just don't think it's in the club's best interests to drag this on - we will lose.

do you feel the rent a quotes from the GFA would do the same if it was Rangers or Celtic?

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2106421.0.0.php

"He only pops down two or three times a game, so it's not going to be a major issue"...............:rolleyes:

Smith was banned from the dugout as well. Fortunately for him the dugout is aplce he rarely ventures too. If it was I think the Huns would have gone down exactly the same route as ourselves.

Let's all be realistic here. The OF get treated better than every other club. We all know it, they know it themselves.

This is a big deal. It is not the reason for our poor performances on the pitch but that doesn't mean we should just accept it.

So many Hearts fans I hear who simply want us to accept this Status Quo. Why ? We may as well let them know we think they are a bunch of corrupt crooks.

I agree in particular that Diamond and Langfield were a disgrace, the 4th officials tactics were questionable etc - just don't think it's in the club's best interests to drag this on - we will lose.

Wow. You from a small place in France called Vichy per chance ?

If you are ever in Jail for a crime you think you are innocent of I assume you will have the same attitude ?

Ah no, of course not. :rolleyes:

At least we asa club show some balls when it comes to the OF and our corrupt Scottish Football Organisations these days. At least that is one thing that Vlad has done well. As for the rest....

Iam paranoid about me so called mates not turning up in the pub pre-match.

Dont know why like..........:rolleyes:

Csaba hung out to dry.

It was only a matter of time of course.

Haha, sent you a PM about that m8.

Good time was it? did Vic manage to get thr ound in? Hope hes put a few on tap for me :107years:

Teuchterjambo
Wow. You from a small place in France called Vichy per chance ?

If you are ever in Jail for a crime you think you are innocent of I assume you will have the same attitude ?

Ah no, of course not. :rolleyes:

At least we asa club show some balls when it comes to the OF and our corrupt Scottish Football Organisations these days. At least that is one thing that Vlad has done well. As for the rest....

The jail thing is a bit extreme isn't it ? We are not exactly talking an imprisonable offence here.

The issue for me here is that I think he is guilty in this case - regardless of all the surrounding mitigating circumstances and it is not worth taking it further.

All for the club showing balls and challenging the Satus Quo but using judgement to selct our targets. You shouldn't fight for the sake of fighting - you fight to win the battle and choose achievable targets.

I was right behind Levein in his war with the GFA and he won - just don't think this one is winnable.

The jail thing is a bit extreme isn't it ? We are not exactly talking an imprisonable offence here.

The issue for me here is that I think he is guilty in this case - regardless of all the surrounding mitigating circumstances and it is not worth taking it further.

All for the club showing balls and challenging the Satus Quo but using judgement to selct our targets. You shouldn't fight for the sake of fighting - you fight to win the battle and choose achievable targets.

I was right behind Levein in his war with the GFA and he won - just don't think this one is winnable.

Guilty of what, exactly?

Commander Harris

Hearts should definitely appeal, even if it's just so that the other side of the story is actually heard and made public.

Of course he did something wrong - he went balistic at officials and anyone else in his sights. There was no outrage at Easter Road because he did not do what he did on Saturday - his actions were different and therefore so were the consequences.

I understand why he did it and have some sympathy but an appeal is just going to make things worse because when you strip out the emotion you aren't left with much argument or ground to appeal.

The GFA and the media really nip me as well but again it is emotion and it hurts but in this case we should forget it IMHO.

Ballastic?!?! If someone is deliberatly in your way trying to stop you doing something you do every week, quite aggressively at that, then wagging a finger in your face, would you not get a little mad?!

Guest JamboRobbo
We all know the answer to that

the answer is there in the article I linked to. They already did the same thing to Walter Smith just a few months ago. As for Strachan, he's had more bans than Miko. :)

Teuchterjambo
Ballastic?!?! If someone is deliberatly in your way trying to stop you doing something you do every week, quite aggressively at that, then wagging a finger in your face, would you not get a little mad?!

I certainly would and I had the misfortune some years ago to have received an "invitation" to the SFA to "discuss" my actions having gone ballistic in similar circumstances.I lost the plot which I should not have done and I lost the case (unsympathetic hearing from SFA) and ended up with a 4 match dugout ban (second offence !).

I do understand the frustration but experience tells me that we are on a loser on this one.

No doubt there are some on here who read my post and think that I am a passionless kind of guy - actually I totally lost the plot on Saturday on a couple of occasions,the wife threatened to move to another seat and several people in the area looking at me as if my personality had just split in two.

Seymour M Hersh
Hearts should definitely appeal, even if it's just so that the other side of the story is actually heard and made public.

Trouble is the decision making process of the blazers is never made public. Just a select few get to know the reasons and if a club (found guilty unfairly) gave the fans the discussions from the entire meeting they would no doubt be charged with bringing the game into disrepute or some other trumped up charge. Scottish football (maybe other associations I don't know) is run against all the rules of natural and any other kind of justice and clubs should take them to task at every opportunity imo.

The were bricking with Levein but unfortunately for the game he decided to back down eventually. But I certainly remember that fud Taylor being very very concerned about it going to court. My thinking is that the totally lack of due process etc would have been exposed for all to see and that what he was crapping himself about more than CL winning a fairly meaningless case.

The posters that say we should back down as we'll lose anyway are, imo, missing the point. If you keep bending over and taking it they'll keep giviing it to you without a care in the world.

Laszlo and Hearts should appeal if they think that they have a case for appeal. If they do not think that they have a case for appeal then they should not appeal!

If they don't appeal, then the next time that Laszlo is up before the beaks for getting carried away he will get an automatic bigger punishment. If they do appeal then there is a chance that he will be able to explain his actions and the issue would be dropped without any punishment. There were plenty of witnesses to what happened plus some TV evidence so the case should be fairly clear.

From a longer term perspective, if Hearts think that the rules on manager 'contact' with officials are in any way biased against their manager or that other managers have not received the same form of justice as the Hearts manager - then they should take that up through the proper channels at the SPL and SFA, judicial review then House of Lords etc ...

Trouble is the decision making process of the blazers is never made public. Just a select few get to know the reasons and if a club (found guilty unfairly) gave the fans the discussions from the entire meeting they would no doubt be charged with bringing the game into disrepute or some other trumped up charge. Scottish football (maybe other associations I don't know) is run against all the rules of natural and any other kind of justice and clubs should take them to task at every opportunity imo.

The were bricking with Levein but unfortunately for the game he decided to back down eventually. But I certainly remember that fud Taylor being very very concerned about it going to court. My thinking is that the totally lack of due process etc would have been exposed for all to see and that what he was crapping himself about more than CL winning a fairly meaningless case.

The posters that say we should back down as we'll lose anyway are, imo, missing the point. If you keep bending over and taking it they'll keep giviing it to you without a care in the world.

:)

the answer is there in the article I linked to. They already did the same thing to Walter Smith just a few months ago. As for Strachan, he's had more bans than Miko. :)

Whilst I see your attempts to equate the two, the fact is that WATTIE HAD BEEN SENT TO THE STAND = a red card offence in managers terms and a statutory 2 match ban !

Csaba MAY WELL be heading for a two match ban but surely the 'right and proper' action is for the authorities to say feck all until due process has taken place. I imagine the refs report will not arrive at Hampden till Tuesday, unless the c**** send a Taxi to collect it of course ...........but we don't have a game on Wednesday so there surely isn't really such a rush :rolleyes:

It's fine for the likes of you and me to speculate in the pub, cos yes it's a nap that he'll get hammered, but ex. SFA people like Kenny the Clype should not be using

their 'position' to fan the flames IMO :mad:

Hear Hear

I think there was a fear in the past ( often QUIETLY AND SECRETLY wielded by the GFA ) that they or ultimately Uefa /Fifa could 'make life very difficult' shall we say, if any action through the courts was threatened. However I think that since Bosman, and various tussles with employment law, neither party holds the same clout and such a threat might perhaps bring the GFA to the table ?

I don't think we really ought to have to take things that far though as surely anyone in their right mind :rolleyes: could see that a bit dialogue could work wonders. We just cant continue to have the GFA simply saying 'sit down -shut up' whenever questions are raised. Jeezo, they are supposed to be fostering the game up here and yet they appear to have all but detached themselves from any sense of working for the greater good :sad:

I have not yet seen the incident at all so I can't comment on how deserved/undeserved it is but unless Csaba was red carded afterwards I cannot understand how a ban is already in place automatically? I also think that the football press in Scotland is really appalling, they seem to be able to pass any comments they like without any restraint, no matter how unfair/biased/inflamatory or misleading they may be. I am not even referring only to Hearts, I think most of the other SPL teams feel it and the current Scotland squad - it's disgraceful.

I have not yet seen the incident at all so I can't comment on how deserved/undeserved it is but unless Csaba was red carded afterwards I cannot understand how a ban is already in place automatically? I also think that the football press in Scotland is really appalling, they seem to be able to pass any comments they like without any restraint, no matter how unfair/biased/inflamatory or misleading they may be. I am not even referring only to Hearts, I think most of the other SPL teams feel it and the current Scotland squad - it's disgraceful.

I think that the suggestion is that he has had the equivalent of a red card. So the question is whether to appeal an automatic ban.

dont think Strahan has actually served any of his bans, he seems to have a knack of getting them reduced then over turned, he's like some sort of a wee west coast ginger ex hobo magician that way, either that or it's because he manages the thims :rolleyes:

Guest JamboRobbo

thats true, but the opposite argument is that if you complain about every little thing that happens, including things that don't really matter, meaning that when it does come to a serious issue where you have a case and it does matter, nobody takes you seriously. (i.e. the boy who cried wolf).

I don't see this as something that'll have all that big an effect on us (in comparison to things like player suspensions). So we should only appeal if we are sure we have a good, but if we don't have much of a case, we shouldn't just complain for the sake of complaining.

Guest JamboRobbo
Whilst I see your attempts to equate the two, the fact is that WATTIE HAD BEEN SENT TO THE STAND = a red card offence in managers terms and a statutory 2 match ban !

And Csaba has been included in the referees reported = a statutory 2 match ban, which he can appeal if he wants......

Csaba MAY WELL be heading for a two match ban but surely the 'right and proper' action is for the authorities to say feck all until due process has taken place. I imagine the refs report will not arrive at Hampden till Tuesday, unless the c**** send a Taxi to collect it of course ...........but we don't have a game on Wednesday so there surely isn't really such a rush :rolleyes:

In general I'd agree they should wait till they see the report, but the automatic 2 match ban is the same thing that happens for others. I've read reports of other managers in the same situation, and the SFA commenting in the same way, again before the report arrived.

e.g. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2008/07/31/mixu-paatelainen-gets-two-match-ban-for-cowdenbeath-rant-86908-20678168/

It's fine for the likes of you and me to speculate in the pub, cos yes it's a nap that he'll get hammered, but ex. SFA people like Kenny the Clype should not be using

their 'position' to fan the flames IMO :mad:

I think thats a fair point, but then is that restriction of trade or the right to work or whatever?

Am I the only one who thinks this might be a good thing ?? It will allow Csaba the opportunity to watch our team from a better vantage point and to get a different perspective on certain players (Zaliukas + Mole for instance ;)). He will see who is working hard and giving 100% and also may notice further the total ineptitude of our 'strikers' in the final 3rd.

Hopefully some good may come of his couple of Saturday's in the stand !

Archived