Csaba facing 2 match ban -MERGED

Cigaro

And Csaba has been included in the referees reported = a statutory 2 match ban, which he can appeal if he wants......

In general I'd agree they should wait till they see the report, but the automatic 2 match ban is the same thing that happens for others. I've read reports of other managers in the same situation, and the SFA commenting in the same way, again before the report arrived.

I think thats a fair point, but then is that restriction of trade or the right to work or whatever?

Well disected JR :hobofish::P

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I listened to the pre match comments before the ladies played the Russians at Tyne on Sunday. The comment was made that the SFA are virtually broke. So by my thinking, if it will cost Hearts ?1000 to appeal, just take the ban and stuff the SFA and their funds.They will continue to try and use Hearts as a cash cow, but what if we don't play their game?

Perth to Paisley

Having looked at the footage a few times Csaba is taking quite a circuitous route to the ref. Certainly looks like he was making his way towards Mole to give him a skelp round the napper! :o

Seymour M Hersh
thats true, but the opposite argument is that if you complain about every little thing that happens, including things that don't really matter, meaning that when it does come to a serious issue where you have a case and it does matter, nobody takes you seriously. (i.e. the boy who cried wolf).

I don't see this as something that'll have all that big an effect on us (in comparison to things like player suspensions). So we should only appeal if we are sure we have a good, but if we don't have much of a case, we shouldn't just complain for the sake of complaining.

You are correct but have we (and I don't know all the times we have appealed) consistently appealed decisions that were no hopers? Do you think we should appeal this?

Guest JamboRobbo
You are correct but have we (and I don't know all the times we have appealed) consistently appealed decisions that were no hopers?

One or two but not been a major issue IMO.

Do you think we should appeal this?

Only if we really have a genuine case. Trying to take the blinkers off, it seems clear that Csaba was quite "animated" at the final whistle.

Question is, did he break the rules or not?

If he's allowed to go on the pitch after the match, we might well have a case that the fourth official was being over zealous. But IMO, thats just mitigating circumstances, as opposed to free reign to react however he wants and expect no punishment...

If he's not officially allowed to go on the pitch after the match, then I think we don't really have a leg to stand on. I don't know what the rule is on that.

Unless we have a rock solid case, or feel that Csaba being in the stand for a couple of games is a massive handicap I'd say we'd be as well letting it drop. Personally I think Csaba having a look from the stand for a couple of games might be no bad thing - he might even manage to get on the end of a Zaliaukas passs :P.

There will be plenty other cases we need to appeal in the future where we might have a lot more to lose than the manager being put to the stand for a couple of games.

Iam paranoid about me so called mates not turning up in the pub pre-match.

Dont know why like..........:rolleyes:

Haha, sent you a PM about that m8.

Good time was it? did Vic manage to get thr ound in? Hope hes put a few on tap for me :107years:

Don't stop now, lads. I'd like to hear more about this.

Drylaw Hearts
OK if you only saw it once. However even on first viewing I saw it differently from you.

Having watched this again Csaba walks onto the pitch and definitely makes angry gestures in what looks to be in the Referee's direction.

It is only AFTER these getures begin that the Fourth Official gets involved.

Watch it again and keep your eye on Csaba and look at his reaction when he steps onto the park.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/7691151.stm

Why do we argue with each other over the veracity of the SFA's decisions. By any standards of morality and decency they are well beyond what we have come to expect in a representative democracy.

For instance, on what evidence was Laszlo banned? I understand that the ban was enacted before the referee's report was handed in. They didn't ban him on the evidence they saw on video, did they? That would exhibit the reprehensible double standards we've come to expect of them.

The SFA are a totalitarian organization operating inside a democracy. They are the legislature, the executive and the prosecutors. You are not allowed to defend yourself. In fact, defence of your case is often seen as a further offence aahinst their authority. And, like all totalitarian organizations, they rely on fear to maintain their ill-gotten hegemony.

So, whatever we do, do not make an appeal! It will only make things worse!

Archived