Over 40's Memories

Deek

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah ? the memories ? 1971, first year at Uni ? lots of memories ? played all the time on the jookie in the Edin Uni Pill Centre was this ?

... ?Warming Up The Band?, by Head Hands and Feet ? British swamp rock, you might say ? check out a young Albert Lee in hippy t-shirt and on Dobro ? and FFS ? Chas from Chas and Dave !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZHdg7HKaiQ

• 2 weeks later...

... ?Warming Up The Band?, by Head Hands and Feet ? British swamp rock, you might say ? check out a young Albert Lee in hippy t-shirt and on Dobro ? and FFS ? Chas from Chas and Dave !

Gertcha.:fing25:

davemclaren
Great pick Dave, I had forgotten all about them.

They were formed by Hughie Nicholson who was in The Marmalade.

They were indeed. I was in a band that covered that in the late 70s so it sticks in my mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Favourite bands during the 70's were Barclay James Harvest. Saw them loads of times in Edinburgh during the 70's. Also was at Lindisfarne with Genesis as support (odean) and lindisfarne with capability brown as support. Was anyone at Leith Town Hall when Peter Frampton and Camel did Snow Goose. Fab but extemely loud.

Gallacher and Lyle fab concerts and good tunes.

Try to slag my musical bents and I will attack.

Gertcha.:fing25:

Saw Chas and Dave after Engerland had been gubbed on penalties in 1996.Supposed to be a big celebration. The Scots,Welsh and Irish had a whoop of an evening as the English expected to walk through. Brilliant night ,Chas and Dave thought that everyone was going to be upset because of the foregone winners defeat and couldn't understand why the Celts were ****ing themselves laughing. The fish and chip supper with peas that night was not very good.

Favourite bands during the 70's were Barclay James Harvest. Saw them loads of times in Edinburgh during the 70's. Also was at Lindisfarne with Genesis as support (odean) and lindisfarne with capability brown as support. Was anyone at Leith Town Hall when Peter Frampton and Camel did Snow Goose. Fab but extemely loud.

Gallacher and Lyle fab concerts and good tunes.

Try to slag my musical bents and I will attack.

Superb!! glad to see somebody else with real taste!! Barclay James Harvest were the dogs dangly bits! I seen them in the Usher Hall (twice I think): another fave band were Ten Years After and Wishbone Ash as well!! Oh things are flooding back............OH and what about FAMILY ????!!!!!! Roger Chapman and co...............

Superb!! glad to see somebody else with real taste!! Barclay James Harvest were the dogs dangly bits! I seen them in the Usher Hall (twice I think): another fave band were Ten Years After and Wishbone Ash as well!! Oh things are flooding back............OH and what about FAMILY ????!!!!!! Roger Chapman and co...............

Just replacing some of my vinyl Wishbone Ash. Just sheer quality .......and you tell that to the kids today and they just don't believe you........

And Free and Bad Company .. the list is endless. Call me an old fart,but the music was better in the late 60's-70's. OK there is the odd band who are ok but they are not a patch on the real ground-breakers there was back then.

Just replacing some of my vinyl Wishbone Ash. Just sheer quality .......and you tell that to the kids today and they just don't believe you........

And Free and Bad Company .. the list is endless. Call me an old fart,but the music was better in the late 60's-70's. OK there is the odd band who are ok but they are not a patch on the real ground-breakers there was back then.

Bang on inspector! Wishbone Ash's "Argus" was the only record I ever bought twice, 'cos someone nicked it at a party!!

have just stuck this in my computer and am currently listening to "the king will come". yep, "ground-breakers" just about sums things up buddy!!:)

Archived