Over 40's Memories

Deek

Place your music here folks, for the more mature amongst us who recall the 60's, 70's and 80's.

Ehm that is when the mods switch on the HTML code (I think):confused:

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

I can enter this thread as I am officially in my 40th year.

Dont know how to post links. Any help guys?

Will confess that my musical awakening was in 1979.

Sick of the dross of the seventies up till then, I retreated into my oldest brothers Beatles albums and anything 60's my Mum and Dad listened to. I was impressed by guys in smart suits and ties or smart casual jackets, etc. And shortish hair.

The seventies had nothing for me.

Until...

My oldest brother who was a Mod introduced me to The Jam, The Specials, Madness, The Selector, The Beat, The Lambrettas.

Glorious.

It all died again in 1982. New Romantic, Electronic. Gash. Sh*t.

No More Heroes. No More Tribes.

So. If anyone can post that kind of stuff, it will do for me.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Welcome to the club FWJ.:)

Thank you, D.

Can you send the instructions for that tin-opener now, Derek.

I'm starvin...

Thank you, D.

Can you send the instructions for that tin-opener now, Derek.

I'm starvin...

Chuck it on the ground at full force three or four times, does the trick.

I can enter this thread as I am officially in my 40th year.

Until...

My oldest brother who was a Mod introduced me to The Jam, The Specials, Madness, The Selector, The Beat, The Lambrettas.

Glorious.

It all died again in 1982. New Romantic, Electronic. Gash. Sh*t.

No More Heroes. No More Tribes.

So. If anyone can post that kind of stuff, it will do for me.

Greetings you old codge......and welcome to one of the best threads on JKB.

You may remember stomping to these guys, live in Cinderella Rockerfellas, late 1979

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY6EmiGMfo4

I've got an attic full of 7" coloured vinyl. Bought have of them cos of the colours even though I'd never heard the tune. Squeeze Up the Junction is lilac and The Ruts Babylon's Burning is bright red. Better looking than those pesky cds. The scratches makes them sound better.

For anyone who had "Daley Thompson's Decathlon" for the Commodore 64 - This was the tune that played while you were waiting for the tape machine to load the game...

YMO - The Yellow Magic Orchestra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCizQz1daSs&feature=related

Flashback to the excruciating painfull wrist cramps after 2 hours of Daley T,s decathlon , Bruce Lee was good also:)

FWJ your brother must be ages with me.Went to all the 2Tone nites at Tiffs great nites and a great story which I might expand on later(concerns bouncers)at the SELECTOR/BODYSNATCHERS concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Jam@the Playhouse out of this world at the time.Geezers jumpin from the balcony into the stalls ffs.Best of the time however was the SPECIAL AKA who are to this day the most energetic outfit I have seen on a stage

Around this time (late 70s early 80s)there was a a great coming together of different styles i.e 2nd gen Mods ,Rude Boys,Skins, Soul and Scooter Boys under the all encompassing flag of Northern Soul which probably has lasted to the present day.Going to a soul nite in Edinburgh now you can see all the peeps from these various groupings.

For you new guys the music I post has nothing to do with my individual taste. It is a taste of music of the time.

Whatever you say Deek :)

I'm narrowing my posts down to stuff I liked :- :653::band2:

Ok Ok I fancied the Nolans when younger.

Now

g6.jpg

and then

g13.jpg

Actually they look better now.:dribble:

boy_in_maroon

Like most of the guys's I went to the games with, we were all into Slade Sweet, Mud, Sparks, ect ect,

Used to go to The Americana, can anyone find a song that was played there,

its called Its A Shame, by Bilbo Baggins, I had a copy of this I bought it in Patrick Thompson's (there's a shop) but like so many of the old 45s it has gone awol over the years.

Would love to here it again :);)

Yeah, just quote my post to see what you need to do - and that must be a first...me giving computer advice!!!

Just copy the address line and paste it into the post. Do nothing else and it will be embedded automatically.

Just copy the address line and paste it into the post. Do nothing else and it will be embedded automatically.

Not for me, have tried I get the video embedded when i see the preview post but when I post the reply I just get the address showing

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DdLmyMUjXAM

Didn't 'get' it at the time - now appreciate what a fantastic groundbreaking track it is.

And she's aaright tae look at :)

Archived