Best Hearts Supporters bus?

Guest gorgie kev

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been on every bus barr the rainbow (hear I'm not missing much) and have to say Robbos wins hands down!

Win, lose or draw a great time is had by all.

Broxburn Hearts Clifton Arms - had a great shield in the style and colours of the Pistols Album that said "Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Clifton Arms".

In the early eighties I can't recall anyone who went to the games being over the age of 20, still the good old punk and skin days back then.

On our return to the Premier League we took a tricolour to Ibrox to wind up the Huns - unpalatable for some on here I know- and on the way back had it up on the back of the bus. We passed a Celtic bus on the M8 and as they drew along side and saw the flag they starting clapping. Quick as a flash it was pulled down and set on fire, can still see the vessels popping out of their mutant faces.

Quite a feat to p*$$ both sets of filth of on one afternoon!

Before my time but I still know a few of the bams that used to get the PIVOT.

Not sure any bus can come close to this if reputation is anything to go by.

Broxburn Hearts Clifton Arms - had a great shield in the style and colours of the Pistols Album that said "Never Mind the Bollocks Here's the Clifton Arms".

In the early eighties I can't recall anyone who went to the games being over the age of 20, still the good old punk and skin days back then.

On our return to the Premier League we took a tricolour to Ibrox to wind up the Huns - unpalatable for some on here I know- and on the way back had it up on the back of the bus. We passed a Celtic bus on the M8 and as they drew along side and saw the flag they starting clapping. Quick as a flash it was pulled down and set on fire, can still see the vessels popping out of their mutant faces.

on an ad hoc basis - the (full) double decker ex council shanty bus that left the Village Inn in East Kilbride for the cup final 2006 after excellent buffet lunch and much libations for the short 20 minute trip to Hampden was fabulous - and a sight to behold for the locals all the way there.

winston churchill

the pilton bus run by the nicol brothers and left from the doo'cot pub.

you needed a criminal record and a few scars before you could join.

always came back with less punters than it left with.

there was more punch up's on the bus between the pilton & muirhouse young teams........... than with the away fans.

the pilton bus run by the nicol brothers and left from the doo'cot pub.

you needed a criminal record and a few scars before you could join.

always came back with less punters than it left with.

there was more punch up's on the bus between the pilton & muirhouse young teams........... than with the away fans.

That was the Sandison Hearts. I think you're maybe having a dig at me cos i was the one with the large mars bar down my chin.

Colonel Kurtz
Everyone knows the Craigmillar Hearts busses were the best.

fact lol

Captains Cabin Hearts before they got barred for some trivial incident.

scottish_chicP

My dad and his friends used to go on that, he was one of the quieter ones unlike the rest of them. I now go on what is just the normal Broxburn Hearts bus.

Captains Cabin Hearts before they got barred for some trivial incident.

Our bus that day made the recent Robbos bus look tame;)

Prince Buaben
Everyone knows the Craigmillar Hearts busses were the best.

fact lol

Still are :)

Sherry ferry Tillicoultry - Alva - Alloa got its own songs and bounces all the way to Edinburgh and back again ....

winston churchill
That was the Sandison Hearts. I think you're maybe having a dig at me cos i was the one with the large mars bar down my chin.

jimmy sandison.like me, was still at school when the pilton bus came about.

it started when...... all the pilton/muirhouse young team had a fall out with stan and the SCAB bus mob;).

john brownlee

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

TOLLCROSS ROOLS YA BAS

peckhamjambo

My experiences of supporter's buses are limited due to be being in England most of my life, but do remember going on a supporters bus from the Oak in Corstorphine for either the Airdrie semi final in 1994/5, or an away game at Partick Thistle (Maryhill) can't remember which to be honest. There were people smoking weed at the back of the bus, it was rocking with Hearts songs. On the way back, we had tins of lager dished out by two guys who had just robbed some crates from the offie, and all the way through Glasgow singing to all the neds in Celtic and Rangers tops, this was after being pelted with bricks going through the Maryhill tenements! Couldn't believe the atmosphere on there to be honest! There were some 'characters' on that bus that's for sure!

TyphoonJambo
Drylaw & District circa 1975 onwards.Good times.

Brilliant bus that one,m remember coming back from Q_O_S with half the windows missing and a stolen freezer full of ice cream, happy days indeed. Note, theft sectarianism, vandalism and violence are not condonned in any way before the PC brigade take over this thread but what fun we had!!!!

WorldChampions1902
MANOR HEARTS

always the first bus in to town.............and the last one to leave.

IIRC we were always the last to leave because we regularly had to wait on members being bailed from the local police station. :rolleyes:

We must have had the worst 'disciplinary' record of any supporters clubs?

winston churchill
IIRC we were always the last to leave because we regularly had to wait on members being bailed from the local police station. :rolleyes:

We must have had the worst 'disciplinary' record of any supporters clubs?

and a few of them post on here;)

auld worthies and cross keys ,everyone ,almost everyone was socially relaxed or stoned ,also done a few fancy dress buses back in 85,86 season anyone remember nellie the elephant or is it just the drink?:)

we drink more beer than you

WEST END HEARTS

Only bad thing about WEH is that we've had some dodgy bus convenors over the years.....:o

Now that's the kind of childish sectarian bating I can get down with. :)

Guest Proletarian

Leith Roseburn Hearts, 87-93.

Nothing better than starting and ending your journey deep into Hibs territory.

The fact that the whole bus was nuts helped with the enjoyment too!

The Old Whitburn-Blackburn-Seafield-Midcalder-Pumphy bus which sometimes picked up in Linlithgow and Broxburn.

I miss that bus and the trips up to Aberdeen.

Formed in season 1947-1948, Glasgow Hearts is still going strong- well going-at any rate. Buses to Prague, Madrid, Munich, and every other Euro trip before the advent of cheap flight was an experience to remember, or not remmeber very much if all truth be told...

Formed in season 1947-1948, Glasgow Hearts is still going strong- well going-at any rate. Buses to Prague, Madrid, Munich, and every other Euro trip before the advent of cheap flight was an experience to remember, or not remmeber very much if all truth be told...

I was told by an old boy i worked beside, who was from Glasgow, that the Glasgow supporters club back in the day was one of the biggest premises out of all the Hearts clubs.

He said in it`s prime a couple of double deckers full to the brim left for games every week.

Nice to hear considering the location and being the home of the Old Squirm.

Archived