Best Hearts Supporters bus?

Guest gorgie kev

west end easily, proper hmfc bus

Well ahead of their time too. They were the first club I'm aware of to have a gay section.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe best not to mention trains on here mate you know what happened the last time !

And the time before. :eek:

stevieC@pivot
Any outsider reading this thread would think that between 1970 and 1985 Hearts had a bigger amount of nutcases following them than was locked up in carstairs :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How dare you !!:eek:

Charlie-Brown

Is the West End Hearts bus the latest incarnation of the old 'mental' Manor Hearts or a different supporters club entirely?

Colonel Kurtz
C'mon the Cabin. best days were the cup semi / final double deckers with the stop over for extra bevy.

St mirren semi final...sex,drugs and rock and roll

Still e few go in,to be exact will be in now

Dereks European Tours.

Bus to Braga was the best away trip ever.

Pivot was by far the best supporters bus.

Proper bus.

Happy daze.

;)

Is the West End Hearts bus the latest incarnation of the old 'mental' Manor Hearts or a different supporters club entirely?

:eek:SURELY YOU JEST! ask any old WEST END or manor member for the answer to that ridiculous question and get ready to run

FTH

ahh the good old days when men were men ****in at the side of the road and the general still used mousse:cool:

pity our stateside friend spewing at roadside didnt get caught in this photo;)

he still uses mousse but doesnt have as much to work with !

Charlie-Brown
:eek:SURELY YOU JEST! ask any old WEST END or manor member for the answer to that ridiculous question and get ready to run

FTH

So that will be a no then? :rolleyes:

def west end. after the 96 final 5-1 huns game there was a mini bus of huns giving it all the 5-1 gestures. so the bus emptied to leather them and all they said was oh come on we are all prodies together so someone from our bus lobbed a bottle hit a guy in the head and was then promptly booted back the way he had just came from. also even the driver was fighting that day. me and another guy chased a guy through the housing scheme had a set too with a guy we ran back on the bus and he got lifted funny as feck. another time after the 98 final there was a hun ran out the boozer we where passing ran upto the bus and then stuck the head on the window but the stupid fecker head butted the stud on the emergency exit window and ended up with a hole in his head all his mates where ****ing themselves.

95 cup final, was funny as feck. mind the bird handing out her window shouting "haw, you that's ma man!" only yo be told "shut up ya weegie slag or you'll get done in as well!":)

It was a tim that nutted the bus @ Parkhead;) cause he took offence at my flag:cool:

Will i post a picture of the well travelled "CABIN HEARTS" flag ?

Best not, don't want to be hung, drawn and quartered by the "new" people.

The owner of the flag is well and truely banned from here anyway but let's not lay the bait for more "offences".

That flag has done more miles than me, although I have weathered slightly better:rolleyes:

Bomber Harris
got any more from that trip i lost mine cheers:sad:

some, pm your e-mail address and they will follow ;)

Bomber Harris
That flag has done more miles than me,

I find that astonishing given some of the places you stay for european matches :)

WorldChampions1902
Was with the Manor 71-75. Great bus. If I remember correctly, Colin used to collect the Tote money every week. If you sold 50p worth of tote tickets , you got on the bus for free.(Later went uo to 75p) Was there not a Graham Black?.. in the club along with a young boy who went on to work with Hearts who used to be with Drylaw Tough Chaps? My Dad made me join a club after myself and 42 others on an SMT excursion from St Andrews Square to Methil for a league cup game got taken to the local police station after some numpty had raided a bakers' shop and then hidden his pies etc under a seat on the bus. He thought it was dead funny. 4 hours later than Scheduled we arrived home.

I was a member at the same time.

The Graham Black you remember is perhaps the late Graham Blackwood? GB was a Hearts fanatic and wrote a couple of books on the club history IIRC.

I think the Colin you recollect is Colin Campbell? Bit of a hippy with long hair who used to sprinkle OXO cubes into his roll-ups. At least that's what I thought it was at the time. :rolleyes: I understand that Colin has also passed away sadly.

I was only a youngster at the time and I now realise that the club had more than it's fair share of 'loose cannon's', which made some of the trips eventful to say the least. Scary times. :eek:

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
I've heard some cracking stories about the pivot.

I used to go away with the pivot for a couple of seasons in the 70s. Don't recall anything drastic, but a couple of amusing things.

Remember chaos in the bar of one pub in Montrose during a cup match. There was only one very distracted barman. A raid behind the bar resulted in a good few bottles of vodka etc. walking out the door.

ANother memory is of p*ssing in beer cans opened up with the old style openers (before ring pulls) on a trip across the Forth Bridge and emptying them out the safety door window. At least two went across motorbike riders.

Probably these kind of things happened on (or out the window of) every bus.

I have weathered slightly better:rolleyes:

That flag must be in a right state then. :eek:

95 cup final, was funny as feck. mind the bird handing out her window shouting "haw, you that's ma man!" only yo be told "shut up ya weegie slag or you'll get done in as well!":)

It was a tim that nutted the bus @ Parkhead;) cause he took offence at my flag:cool:

it was def after the 1998 cup final after beating the huns that the boy nutted the window as all the other huns where standing applauding us going past. i remember it well as it was the window i was sitting at.:) i sort of remember the darkheid incident as i got chucked out for protesting at the celtic fans celebrating a goal in the hearts end. met sinky:eek: went and got a carry out went back to the bus and watched the local neds screwing car boots.:eek:

I was a member at the same time.

The Graham Black you remember is perhaps the late Graham Blackwood? GB was a Hearts fanatic and wrote a couple of books on the club history IIRC.

I think the Colin you recollect is Colin Campbell? Bit of a hippy with long hair who used to sprinkle OXO cubes into his roll-ups. At least that's what I thought it was at the time. :rolleyes: I understand that Colin has also passed away sadly.

I was only a youngster at the time and I now realise that the club had more than it's fair share of 'loose cannon's', which made some of the trips eventful to say the least. Scary times. :eek:

Colin Campbell passed away a number of years ago,top bloke and top bus

conveinor,looked out for everybody.

I've got to say The Rainbow Hearts.

It may be a bit to close to the "prawn sandwich" end of the spectrum for some who've posted on the thread (!) but the Club have been taking Hearts fans to and from away games for nearly twenty five years now.

Bomber Harris
I've got to say The Rainbow Hearts.

It may be a bit to close to the "prawn sandwich" end of the spectrum for some who've posted on the thread (!) but the Club have been taking Hearts fans to and from away games for nearly twenty five years now.

First game IIRC Rangers away League Cup Semi ;)

Robbos Bus by Far!! .

The True hearts fans! Also get a loyalist Sing Song aswell:D

There used to be the Sons Of William Bus but i can't remember where that left from.

Remnants of Standards
willowbrae hearts

Seconded. Dunno what the other buses were like but there was rarely a dull moment on that one. Picked up from niddrie, willowbrae (obviously), Inch, Gracemount ended up at haymarket then away. Good times.

Seymour M Hersh

The 22 is quite good but it does mean you have to walk from the new Sainsbury store (not an issue if dry mind you). Bt the 1 and 2 are great as they drop you off just by the Tynie Arms!! :)

stevieC@pivot
Seconded. Dunno what the other buses were like but there was rarely a dull moment on that one. Picked up from niddrie, willowbrae (obviously), Inch, Gracemount ended up at haymarket then away. Good times.

ran by davie duff !!!

Filled by quite a few of the old pivot boys and like minded souls!!

winston churchill
Colin Campbell passed away a number of years ago,top bloke and top bus

conveinor,looked out for everybody.

along with wee john wiseman.............a right couple of gentelmen.

Remnants of Standards
ran by davie duff !!!

Filled by quite a few of the old pivot boys and like minded souls!!

Haven't seen Davie for years, didn't he have a younger brother (Neil??), and the famous Uncle Ray of course. They're probably all pickled in jars at Surgeon's Hall.

dont you mean...................Grosvenor hearts

Changed its name due to a fall out with the Grosvenor bar management I believe

stevieC@pivot
Haven't seen Davie for years, didn't he have a younger brother (Neil??), and the famous Uncle Ray of course. They're probably all pickled in jars at Surgeon's Hall.

See Davie a lot,was at his 50th 4 months ago,was not in a jar (Broxburn BC),but i take your point,Neil is driving taxis.Don`t know about Ray.I`ll ask him tho!:)

winston churchill
Changed its name due to a fall out with the Grosvenor bar management I believe

he was a hobo;)

the could always call it ...................the rat & parrot bus

Never mind the Bollocks heres the Clifton Arms. My mate still has the shield. When it was half Broxburn and half Livi boys.

Never mind the Bollocks heres the Clifton Arms. My mate still has the shield. When it was half Broxburn and half Livi boys.

Good stuff. Can't believe it still exists. I used to go on it before I moved here. A lot of sound guys from Craigshill and Dedrige as well as the Brox went on that bus and were handy to have around on occasions!

Clerrie bus was the dugs bollox. Many characters Hoody (rip), Ricky Garvie, Jinx ,the three Foley brothers to mention a few. Some crazy away days at killbowie, Dumfries(we want ginger) Brockville, Ayr utd.... ETC

:P

scottish_chicP
Good stuff. Can't believe it still exists. I used to go on it before I moved here. A lot of sound guys from Craigshill and Dedrige as well as the Brox went on that bus and were handy to have around on occasions!

It doesn't still exist. It is just Broxburn Hearts now.

Archived