winston churchill
G-O-R-G-I-E

West End Hearts is the branch for me

dont you mean...................Grosvenor hearts

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Robbos Right Peg
auld worthies and cross keys ,everyone ,almost everyone was socially relaxed or stoned ,also done a few fancy dress buses back in 85,86 season anyone remember nellie the elephant or is it just the drink?:)

The Worthies was THE bus that season Gorgie Gas et all A few pics in the Sunday Hun with Arabs and Black & White minstrels at Ibrox on the Saturday :) Is it really 22 years ?????

Has anyone mentioned The Last Furlong!!

One season wonders (2 actually IIRC)

First season was brilliant - hunting horns in Moffat anyone.....

my other faves are M_A_N_O_R - always a pleasure.

Finally, no name check is complete without mentioning the Gorgie Sons of William.

Finally, no name check is complete without mentioning the Gorgie Sons of William.

Cannae argue there mate.

Only bad thing about WEH is that we've had some dodgy bus convenors over the years.....:o

your right mate but they didnt last long!

did i ;)

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Not really they merged with sighthill hearts supporters club probably the best branch in the world.

Stonehaven(commadore hotel)and Middlesboro spring to mind.

Manor ran away.

festerlehearts
Best Hearts Supporters bus?

well ive been on a good few buses ...alky malky hearts supporters bus that was good out of 1 to 10 i will give it 7 ....broxburn hearts had mate who lived in uphall will give it 8 ....also went on ardmillan good bus but for the riot a low 2 every thin done by the book ....also went on the penthouse hearts at tollcross well that was a good bus give that one big fat 8 ....but i have to save the best to last cos this bus ****n rocked were ever we went you just went with the flow it was mental .....big bernies barmy ....fae robbos ....o were mental were bammy were of our ****n heeds .....o the stories ..the bevvy ...the fights .. we stood by each other ...were ever we go people wany know who we are shall we tell themm we are the boys maroon and white we love to sing we love to fight ooooooooooooo it has to be ................10...........out of 10

your right mate but they didnt last long!

did i ;)

If I remember correctly you ended up getting a taxi for the return journey. ;)

Quality. :P

Bomber Harris
dont you mean...................Grosvenor hearts

As you know Springer, the Grosvenor Bar Hearts (GBH:) ) came before West End - the song doesn't really go with the GBH

Here's an old GBH fixture card but I also like the current WEH membership cards

33ermkh.jpg

I also like the current WEH membership cards

The previous two membership cards were corkers too. :)

I'd post the artwork, but the hand-wringers would probably get me banned. :(

Bomber Harris

an e-mail will do me fine ;)

Bomber Harris

One of the best nights I can "remember"

We'd just qualified for europe that day

Bowman going up to collect the award was a scream!!

2na4pw2.jpg

winston churchill

a poster on here also has the old manor jack in his attic...............but he wont post a photo incase .................the lental eating slip on shoe possie snitch.

I was told by an old boy i worked beside, who was from Glasgow, that the Glasgow supporters club back in the day was one of the biggest premises out of all the Hearts clubs.

He said in it`s prime a couple of double deckers full to the brim left for games every week.

Nice to hear considering the location and being the home of the Old Squirm.

A double decker plus a single decker to a few home Euro games and one or two away, but not that many games tbh.

However, we regularly handle 200 tickets for Cup Finals.

If I remember correctly you ended up getting a taxi for the return journey. ;)

Quality. :P

yeah thats right

who the **** are you anyway?

stevieC@pivot
yeah thats right

who the **** are you anyway?

the one who saw you getting in the taxi ,obviously !!!!!!!!!!:):P

Anyone know how many clubs still have busses every week for away matches and how many out of town branches come to Tynie every game?

Tollcross Hearts was a great bus and we used to leave from deep in hoboland from the Clan Tavern (now the cabbage and ribbs) just 50 yards from the Royal Nip.

best hearts supporters bus is Craigmillar Hearts.

best for trouble was a mental drylaw bus that went to aberdeen in 1971...fantastic.

best bus for being well run was a coburg bar hearts bus to everton in 1973..they even served breakfast on the bus.

theAlvasection

The sherry ferry has been running from Alva for nearly thirty years,a lot of drink,a lot of laughs,bouncing every week,mental times on that bus!:toasting:

wentworth jambo

With an M and an A and a N_O_R, we are the mental Manor !!

Best bus ever in the early 80's. Probably the only bus that had a collection on the way out and way home...normal collection for the driver on the way home and the collection on the way out to pay any fines / bail...superb !!

Also, a few times having missed the Manor, there used to be a ****ed guy in Ryries who had a minibus parked just round from Haymarket and he used to scoop any stragglers for a fiver a head. Went to the 86 semi v Dundee Utd on the minibus and he continued drinking the other end as well. Traffic coming back was horrendous...must've got to Harthill before he came off the hard shoulder of the M8...mental.

MANOR HEARTS NUMBER 1...... still would be if colin brookes still here..... RIP CB AND GORGIE ROOLS......:107years:

in no partic order ... Longstone in its pomp,Furlong,Pivot,S.A.D stenhouse and district fae stennie cross,GBH and deffo the bus from the resort in Italy from Lido de Nazi to Bologna

btw those old tickets are superb - ?2 AND a scran !!!

in no partic order ... Longstone in its pomp,Furlong,Pivot,S.A.D stenhouse and district fae stennie cross,GBH and deffo the bus from the resort in Italy from Lido de Nazi to Bologna

btw those old tickets are superb - ?2 AND a scran !!!

Pity they didn't have a "best train" thread and we could have featured the Lisbon to Braga trip. :eek:

Pity they didn't have a "best train" thread and we could have featured the Lisbon to Braga trip. :eek:

maybe best not to mention trains on here mate you know what happened the last time !

as someone else mentioned the Penthouse was a good bus but the guy who ran it was a right huffy get.

Bomber Harris
deffo the bus from the resort in Italy from Lido de Nazi to Bologna

talking of which, look at this nancy boy from said bus :)

2pri6g7.jpg

husref musemic

C'mon the Cabin. best days were the cup semi / final double deckers with the stop over for extra bevy.

def west end. after the 96 final 5-1 huns game there was a mini bus of huns giving it all the 5-1 gestures. so the bus emptied to leather them and all they said was oh come on we are all prodies together so someone from our bus lobbed a bottle hit a guy in the head and was then promptly booted back the way he had just came from. also even the driver was fighting that day. me and another guy chased a guy through the housing scheme had a set too with a guy we ran back on the bus and he got lifted funny as feck. another time after the 98 final there was a hun ran out the boozer we where passing ran upto the bus and then stuck the head on the window but the stupid fecker head butted the stud on the emergency exit window and ended up with a hole in his head all his mates where ****ing themselves.

Tollcross Hearts was a great bus and we used to leave from deep in hoboland from the Clan Tavern (now the cabbage and ribbs) just 50 yards from the Royal Nip.

went on that bus too got on at the docot,still dont know why it was the tollcross hearts as the bus didn't go to tollcross

rememder going to belgium for the game against standard liege and we left from the clan tavern

2pri6g7.jpg

ahh the good old days when men were men ****in at the side of the road and the general still used mousse:cool:

pity our stateside friend spewing at roadside didnt get caught in this photo;)

2pri6g7.jpg

got any more from that trip i lost mine cheers:sad:

Anyone know how many clubs still have busses every week for away matches and how many out of town branches come to Tynie every game?

West of Scotland Hearts bus to every home game, starts in Ayrshire, East Kilbride, Newhouse, and a medal should be struck for the 4 guys who drive from Stranraer every week to get the bus at Ayr!

Just remember when you guys are all home we are still debating why we got beat during the journey home hours after!!

The Old Whitburn-Blackburn-Seafield-Midcalder-Pumphy bus which sometimes picked up in Linlithgow and Broxburn.

I miss that bus and the trips up to Aberdeen.

Magic bus. A few legends on that one boy. Big George Ran it well.!!!!!!!!!!

Dougie Masterton

Any outsider reading this thread would think that between 1970 and 1985 Hearts had a bigger amount of nutcases following them than was locked up in carstairs :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

MANOR HEARTS NUMBER 1...... still would be if colin brookes still here..... RIP CB AND GORGIE ROOLS......:107years:

Was with the Manor 71-75. Great bus. If I remember correctly, Colin used to collect the Tote money every week. If you sold 50p worth of tote tickets , you got on the bus for free.(Later went uo to 75p) Was there not a Graham Black?.. in the club along with a young boy who went on to work with Hearts who used to be with Drylaw Tough Chaps? My Dad made me join a club after myself and 42 others on an SMT excursion from St Andrews Square to Methil for a league cup game got taken to the local police station after some numpty had raided a bakers' shop and then hidden his pies etc under a seat on the bus. He thought it was dead funny. 4 hours later than Scheduled we arrived home.

maybe best not to mention trains on here mate you know what happened the last time !

as someone else mentioned the Penthouse was a good bus but the guy who ran it was a right huffy get.

Sounds like another bus convenor I know.

:cool:

Ashame a lot of the supporters buses have ceased to run, doesnt seem to be many who travel every week these days.

West End Hearts for me.

Bomber Harris
a poster on here also has the old manor jack in his attic...............but he wont post a photo incase .................the lental eating slip on shoe possie snitch.

Will i post a picture of the well travelled "CABIN HEARTS" flag ?

Best not, don't want to be hung, drawn and quartered by the "new" people.

The owner of the flag is well and truely banned from here anyway but let's not lay the bait for more "offences".

Dougie Masterton
Was with the Manor 71-75. Great bus. If I remember correctly, Colin used to collect the Tote money every week. If you sold 50p worth of tote tickets , you got on the bus for free.(Later went uo to 75p) Was there not a Graham Black?.. in the club along with a young boy who went on to work with Hearts who used to be with Drylaw Tough Chaps? My Dad made me join a club after myself and 42 others on an SMT excursion from St Andrews Square to Methil for a league cup game got taken to the local police station after some numpty had raided a bakers' shop and then hidden his pies etc under a seat on the bus. He thought it was dead funny. 4 hours later than Scheduled we arrived home.

Neil Hunter

Archived